Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he is closer in age to Zara than to Eugenie; Zara is even the same age as Meghan.

It's not just about age. Harry has often been seen socializing with his York cousins. Eugenie set him up with Cressida. He has vacationed with the yorks. It is said he and Meghan double dated with Eugenie when they first started dating. Far more evidence that he is close to the yorks then he is to Anne's kids.

I don't understand either what Pope Francis has to do with Sussex baby.

But he is closer in age to Zara than to Eugenie; Zara is even the same age as Meghan.

Harry didn't know that he would marry a few years older than him when he spend time with his York cousins and moved in the same circles. There is a reason that his former 2 girlfriends attended Eugenie's wedding...

What's the Pope being called Francis got to do with anything?

I suspect it's because of the Catholic and Anglican implications? Although, I still don't see why a baby can't be named Frances/Francis if the Pope is Francis.

Disdain towards Catholics has ended in England long time ago; we have XXI century now, not XVI.

Last edited:
:previous: Most definitely, Biri. We just saw recently a touching note that HH, Pope Francis said a blessing for HM, The Queen and her people as he flew over the UK on his way to visit in Ireland.

If the couple have the desire to use the name Frances/Francis, they most certainly would. ?

Diana/her mother and even some of her ancestors use Francis/Frances ...no reason Harry couldn't. The pope has nothing to do with any of it. I seriously doubt anyone in the U.K. is going to say hey...wait a minute what's up with Francis/Frances ..they named the baby after the pope..they are secret papists!!!

LaRae

Come to think of it, if they used Frances, it would definitely fit into the Harry and Meghan relationship and be a family name.

Frances Ellen Work would be the child's great, great, great grandmother and according to Wikipedia, "Frances Ellen Work was an American heiress and socialite. She was a great-grandmother of Diana, Princess of Wales, and her great-great-grandchildren include the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke of Sussex, and the American actor Oliver Platt."

BTW: You can see Oliver Platt weekly on the popular TV show "Chicago Med" which is one of my favorites. He plays Dr. Daniel Charles. :D

I definitely see Frances in the running if this child is a girl.

I would love to see Frances/Francis used...I've been wanting that to be used since George was born! lol

LaRae

And it can be little Frankie either way.:wub::wub::wub::wub:

And I agree it'd be a nice way to honor Harry's mother without directly putting all the weight that comes with Diana on the child.

OOh... I can just see a little girl with the personality of her daddy being called "Frankie". Especially if she has her daddy's ginger hair. :D

Not a fan of using such a distinct name. Let the kid be it´s own person. I think Kate and William did it perfectly with Charlotte. Honouring the two most influental women in their lives with the middle names and let Charlotte be Charlotte.

I can see any of these names being used....
Girl: Loyce, Jeannette, Frances, Mary, Alice, Julia
Boy: Albert, David, Phillip, Henry, Frederick

Personally I love the names Alice, Marguerite and Amelia for a girl, Phillip, Henry or David for a boy. The godparents that I am sure of are Mark Dyer, Jessica Mulroney, and Princess Eugenie, Mrs Brooksbank. I also feel that a Van Cutsem may be in the running with Prince Seeiso.

Not a fan of using such a distinct name. Let the kid be it´s own person. I think Kate and William did it perfectly with Charlotte. Honouring the two most influental women in their lives with the middle names and let Charlotte be Charlotte.

I agree and again, I am would never place a bet on gender or name or godparents, but I would on them choosing a 'clean slate' name with no direct reiteration of the big names as first names (no Diana, Doria, Elizabeth, Charles, Thomas or even Philip).

Since the Cambridges already used Diana I could see the Sussexes using Francis for a boy as a middle name(as I mentioned about) but it won't be first, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see Frances or Francis being used; though more as a middle name rather than a first name. IIRC Frances was also Diana's middle name so it could also be a more indirect way of honouring Diana without using her first name itself.

For a boy Francis would also honor Prince Francis of Teck, who was the father of Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth II's grandmother.

I, believe, if it is a girl, Diana will be part of the name. Harry is very devoted to the memory of his Mother.

I, believe, if it is a girl, Diana will be part of the name. Harry is very devoted to the memory of his Mother.

You can be devoted to the memory of your mother without naming a daughter fir her. Francis woukd be a way to honor her without reusing Diana.

Only name I am sure on for a girl middle name is Doria. I don't see them using loyce. I think they will honor both moms in a first daughter in some way.

Newest name idea: Isabelle Doria Diana, with Isabelle being a variant of Elizabeth in honor of the Queen, followed by both the names of both grandmothers. Plus Isabelle gives plenty of nickname potential (Izzy, Belle, etc...)

:previous: I think Isabelle is definitely pretty. That's a great choice for a girl's name. I like it as Isabella.

I'm guessing maybe a girl for the first child. But we shall see.
Name suggestion:

Sophia Doria Frances

(first name in honor of Queen Sophia Charlotte, the wife of King George III, who is said to have had African ancestry on her Portuguese mother's side)

Other names: Ophelia, Olivia, Margaret, Helen, Victoria, Rachel, Chloe, and Jeanette (Meghan's grandmother's name).

So maybe: Victoria Jeanette Diana

Last edited:
I can see any of these names being used....
Girl: Loyce, Jeannette, Frances, Mary, Alice, Julia
Boy: Albert, David, Phillip, Henry, Frederick

Personally I love the names Alice, Marguerite and Amelia for a girl, Phillip, Henry or David for a boy. The godparents that I am sure of are Mark Dyer, Jessica Mulroney, and Princess Eugenie, Mrs Brooksbank. I also feel that a Van Cutsem may be in the running with Prince Seeiso.

For Godparents, for sure Jessica Mulroney and Markus Anderson, maybe Misha Nonoo as well. Among Harry's friends: Mark Dyer, Charlie van Straubenzee, and Tom Inskip, maybe Violet von Westenholz.

Isn't that a contradiction. Would it not make sense for them not be as Charles has been reported to only desire for the main successors to perform engagements as members of the Firm, not collaterals like children of the second son.

There is going to be a real shortage of working royals in the coming years. Even now, Camilla is 71, Anne is 68, Sophie in her 50s. The Kents & Gloucesters are beyond retirement age. Only Kate & Meghan are in the next generation to take on royal duties when Charles is King. Moving forward George, Charlotte, Louis & the new baby are going to have to take on duties once their education &, possibly, military training are concluded.

That's talking 25-30 years from now and no crystal ball can tell us what things will be like then. For all we know, the royals will be doing engagements on Space Station Moon. :D

This Sussex child, in the present day, is going to be raised by two people that will see their children as their greatest blessing, be very hands on parents and take the role of godparents seriously. I don't know them personally enough to know who they'll feel is best for the role and we can only guess.

I think it’ll be a girl.
My guesses for names:

Diana Caroline Doria
Sophia Elizabeth Helen
Victoria Catherine Doria
Alexandra Alice Henrietta
Amelie Josephine Doria

For a boy:
David Emmanuel Robert
Maurice Edward Philip
Philip Henry John
Alexander William James

I REALLY hope we do not get a baby girl named Diana. Middle name like Charlotte is fine, but not for a first name.

Other names I like for a girl:
Helena (Eugenie's middle name too)
Matilda
Alice
Cecelia

I'm kind of stuck on the name Frances for a girl because I'd love to see a little Princess (or Lady) Frankie running around with her daddy's ginger hair and her momma's freckles. :D

The name Frances (or Francis) would be a nice nod to Harry's mother without saddling the child with a lifelong of comparisons to her dearly departed grandmother and would maybe, even in a way, overshadow Charlotte who only has her grandmother's name as a middle name.

With as much as I think Harry and Meghan are going to want to keep their kids lives private as the Cambridges are doing, I don't think they'll intentionally name the child something that will forevermore keep that child having unnecessary print in the tabloids.

I think it's going to be a baby boy!

I think they'll go for less traditional names that Will and Kate, or if they do have a traditional name, the baby will have a more trendy nickname, like Leopold but called Leo. I could also see them going with a strong name, like Alexander. I would love to see them honor Prince Philip in some way, possibly with a first name or middle name, and I also love David, which is one of Harry's names. Needless to say, I do NOT think we'll see Thomas anywhere among the names!

For a girl, I could see them going with something fairly popular but classic, like Sophia, Amelia, or Isabella. Or they could surprise us by using a name like Victoria or Elizabeth.

Such a lot of amazing suggestions for Godparents.
This is the fun part.

More twin boy/girl options:

Harty and Arty - Harriet Matilda Diana Doria and Arthur Alexander Mark William
Rose and Richard - Rose Doria Alexandra Sarah and Richard George Philip Lous
Georgia and Gerry - Georgia Frances Alexandra and Gerald Henry Charles Albert
A and B - Alexandra Rose Doria and Barry Arthur George
M and H - Mary Elizabeth Rose and Hugh Philip Henry
Loyce Camilla Frances and Charles Philip Mark
Aussie - Acacia Alice Matilda Victoria and Bruce Banjo Sydney Arthur
herbs - Rosemary Loyce Diana and Basil Henry Charles Philip

The girl born earlier.

Last edited:
On the twins front, I think they'd know by now right? But the announcement said a baby. That's why I didn't go there. :lol:

On the twins front, I think they'd know by now right? But the announcement said a baby. That's why I didn't go there. :lol:

I think too that they would already know if there would be twins. Another thing is when it would be announced. When did Frederick and Mary announce expecting twins? Yes, different country but hardly so much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom