The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 12:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I just read an article where it's mentioned how Meghan & Harry are considering an Italian name for a girl, that Diana is said to have liked: Allegra

I don't know where the publication got this information, or whether it's true.

That's definitely a pretty name for a girl.

Perhaps,
Allegra Frances Jeanette (with 'Aleia' 'Allie' 'Leila' 'Leira' 'Legra' or 'Lela' as a nickname)
Source claims Diana told a friend she would like the name for a girl, after a friend used it.

There is no way Diana thought she was going to name a daughter of the Prince of Wales Allegra. This story is another one fished out of dream land.

A new ridiculous article. Suggests that it was 'revealed' the name. It seems to be a boy named either Arthur, James or Alexander. Or a combination of all three.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ue-date-gender

Old 04-30-2019, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

It wouldn’t surprise me if they named a boy Charles, the POW was such a huge support to the couple.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
It wouldn’t surprise me if they named a boy Charles, the POW was such a huge support to the couple.
Aww, I would love that, and I’m sure Grandpa would be so honored. Besides, Charlie is a super cute name for a mischievous little boy who is always getting into trouble and trying to get out of it using his natural charm.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:09 AM
Majesty

I think Allegra is a lovely girls name, but I believe it was a trade name for a drug that is used to assist hay fever and allergy sufferers. As Harry does suffer from hay fever I can just imagine what fun the tabloids would have with that! OTOH I can definitely see a Charles of Sussex!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:15 AM
Courtier

Cute to name a child after a musical tempo term, Allegro (moderately lively).
Perhaps the baby is dictating it's own name by it's movements.
Allegra Mary Diana
Alexandra Leia Grace
One would be worried if the proposed name were Prestissimo!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think either Zara or Mike Tindal as godparent or maybe Eugiene from Harry's royal side.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I just read an article where it's mentioned how Meghan & Harry are considering an Italian name for a girl, that Diana is said to have liked: Allegra

I don't know where the publication got this information, or whether it's true.

That's definitely a pretty name for a girl.

It is a pretty name and it also means "happy" or "merry". However, I am afraid that many people, especially in the English-speaking world, would associate it with a well-known allergy medicine.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:25 AM
Majesty

I've been wondering if the anonymus close female friend of both Harry and Meghan will feature as a Godmother? Just a thought but how else could they thank her for such a magical gift.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Source claims Diana told a friend she would like the name for a girl, after a friend used it.

There is no way Diana thought she was going to name a daughter of the Prince of Wales Allegra. This story is another one fished out of dream land...
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Diana liked the name, which doesn't mean she would have been allowed to use it had she conceived a daughter with Prince Charles. It's definitely a pretty name though.

The cool thing is that there will be (or at least should be) no name restrictions placed on Meghan & Harry! In fact, QE-II already has great-granddaughters with delightful names such as Mia (my middle name), Lena, Isla, and Savannah.

Bringing this conversation over from 'M&H expecting a baby' thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
99% of the population has predicted a baby GIRL? Why, I have no idea? Maybe a midwife could explain? I mean the whole world can't be wrong! Only a small percentage are saying Boy!

So early MAY, and a GIRL.
Interesting. I would have to agree with the majority speculation and with your prediction!

Perhaps the reason why many people are predicting a girl is because of Meghan's well-known feminist sensibilities, and because it's about time for girls to be wished for, rather than always the 'knee-jerk' desire for first-born boys, which is endemic in many cultures and societies. (In fact, it was a large reason why Diana PoW endured an unhappy childhood. Her English aristocrat father wanted a boy 'to carry on his name and his line,' yet her mother kept giving birth to girls. Diana was the third girl which was a cause of anger for her father, and despair for her mother. Try living with that knowledge and legacy. Diana had to.)

So on a happier note, hopefully Diana is helping to enact some divine intervention for a bonny girl to arrive.

I think having a first-born girl will truly please Meghan and Harry, even though they will surely also be equally happy to welcome a boy. The key is a healthy baby. But a big, important thing is that 'a boy is not necessarily preferred, demanded, or obsessively needed' in this day and age. Let's not forget the psychotic, despotic and desperate actions of a former, famous king of England who bears Harry's given birth name.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It is a pretty name and it also means "happy" or "merry". However, I am afraid that many people, especially in the English-speaking world, would associate it with a well-known allergy medicine.
Oh my. That's definitely not the first thought that came to my mind. Hopefully, Big Pharma can be left out of this as much as possible!

Let's stick with 'happy' and 'merry' thoughts.

Lady Allegra Sussex of Wales

Lady Allegra Frances Jeanette Mountbatten-Windsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Cute to name a child after a musical tempo term, Allegro (moderately lively).
Perhaps the baby is dictating it's own name by it's movements.
Allegra Mary Diana
Alexandra Leia Grace
One would be worried if the proposed name were Prestissimo!
Old 04-30-2019, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Oh my. That's definitely not the first thought that came to my mind. Hopefully, Big Pharma can be left out of this as much as possible!

Let's stick with 'happy' and 'merry' thoughts.

Lady Allegra Sussex of Wales

Lady Allegra Frances Jeanette Mountbatten-Windsor

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't look like that. It would be either:
Princess Allegra of Sussex (in case the child has a HRH title)
OR
Lady Allegra Frances Jeanette Mountbatten-Windsor (in case the child doesn't have a HRH title)

I have no idea how Lady Allegra Sussex of Wales would ever work.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Lord Andante Mountbatten-Windsor [at this rate]...
Old 04-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't look like that. It would be either:
Princess Allegra of Sussex (in case the child has a HRH title)
OR
Lady Allegra Frances Jeanette Mountbatten-Windsor (in case the child doesn't have a HRH title)

I have no idea how Lady Allegra Sussex of Wales would ever work.
No of course not. If its a girl and she's HRH she will be Princess X of Sussex. if she does not, she will be Lady X Mountbatten Windsor.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Lord Andante Mountbatten-Windsor [at this rate]...
or Lord Austin Allegro Mountbatten-Windsor?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Allegra is indeed a very nice name.

The A-s it is for me. Alexander for a boy and Alice for a girl.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Sorry, but to me Allegro sounds like some medication for allergies -
Old 04-30-2019, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Sorry, but to me Allegro sounds like some medication for allergies -
If they have twins they can name the other one Flonase.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:08 PM
Majesty

Will the royal baby have an equal number of godfathers and godmothers?
Old 04-30-2019, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Will the royal baby have an equal number of godfathers and godmothers?
Not particularly. It's up to the parents. For example, each of the Cambridge children have a different number of godparents.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I still think Victoria is a likely name if it’s a girl. Though I personally think it’s a boy. Oh well, I’ve been wrong on everything else regarding this baby.

Closed Thread