The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
Thank you JuliannaVictoria. I do really like Loyce, either first or middle name. I like unusual names and I've not heard that one before.

I hope they either go all original i.e. not named after anyone OR use something from Megans side because it's not all about Harry and the royal side. There's two sets of dna involved! Plus, I haven't seen anything anywhere that confirms their child will be titled. (I believe it will be) There's been no confirmation or even talk of that from official sources that I've seen. From what I understand that's up to the parents to decide. Anne declined for her children. A smart move on her part too I think. Her children have the wealth and privilige but more freedom and less 'fish bowl' than titled royals.
There needs no confirmation. The baby is the son or daughter of a Duke. They will be Lady/Lord X, a son Earl of Dumbarton. And when their grandfather is king, they will be HRH Prince/Princess of GB. The only reason an announcement would be needed is if they were going to be denied the Prince/ss title when Charles is king, which would take LPs.

Anne didn't decline titles for her children. Her children would never had titles. It was her husband who declined the title. The children take their titles from their parents. Mark had no peerage, so his children had none.

Anne had three siblings and there was a large royal family only growing. Harry on the other hand is only one of 2 kids of the future king.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
Thank you JuliannaVictoria. I do really like Loyce, either first or middle name. I like unusual names and I've not heard that one before.

I hope they either go all original i.e. not named after anyone OR use something from Megans side because it's not all about Harry and the royal side. There's two sets of dna involved! Plus, I haven't seen anything anywhere that confirms their child will be titled. (I believe it will be) There's been no confirmation or even talk of that from official sources that I've seen. From what I understand that's up to the parents to decide. Anne declined for her children. A smart move on her part too I think. Her children have the wealth and privilige but more freedom and less 'fish bowl' than titled royals.
Anne did not decline a title for her children. They were never going to be Prince/Princess and because Mark declined the Earldom offered, Peter and Zara are not Lord/Lady.

Harry's children will be Lord/Lady immediately upon their birth-a girl will be Lady Name Mountbatten-Windsor, a first boy will be known as Earl of Dumbarton, additional boys will be Lord Name Mountbatten-Windsor.

As things stand now, unless something is changed, immediately upon Charles becoming King, Harry's children will become Prince/Princess as they will be male line grandchildren of the monarch.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

I just noticed that The Queen is also named Mary.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:10 PM
Courtier

Mary is a huge possibility. Very lovely, SLV.
It is also made up of letters from Meghan and Harry.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Mary has always been one of my favourites; and it's not widely used on younger generations anymore here (or at least in my part of England) so it would be really refreshing if Baby Sussex was given Mary as a first name should she be a girl. Lady Mary Mountbatten-Windsor does have a lovely ring to it
After the recent discussions I'd now like to see: Mary Elizabeth Alice or Mary Alice Doria - and as an Alice myself I wouldn't mind it at all if I shared my name with the newest royal!
For a boy I'd love to see Edmund Philip Arthur or Edmund Leopold Charles.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I just noticed that The Queen is also named Mary.
SLV, That is why, in a previous post I suggested Mary. Mary not only honors Queen Elizabeth II but also her grandmother Queen Mary.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I really HOPE it won't be Diana….
Old 04-09-2019, 06:22 AM
Majesty

Surely both Harry and Meghan are intelligent enough to know it would be a millstone round her neck and an even greater reason for media intrusion into the poor child's life.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
SLV, That is why, in a previous post I suggested Mary. Mary not only honors Queen Elizabeth II but also her grandmother Queen Mary.
Oh, I know that others suggested it. I had just not realised before that the Queen had this name too.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When you look at her name, the Queen was named after her mother, her grandmother and her great grandmother.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Majesty

But isn't it great that those rules don't apply to Baby Sussex. Just imagine if it were the Danish heir . . . would they have called her Christianne or (heaven forfend) Frederika?

Oh, even worse . . . If they were Swedish we'd have to wait three months or more! 🤤
Old 04-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
But isn't it great that those rules don't apply to Baby Sussex. Just imagine if it were the Danish heir . . . would they have called her Christianne or (heaven forfend) Frederika?

Oh, even worse . . . If they were Swedish we'd have to wait three months or more! 🤤
I think you're thinking of the Danes, who wait until the christening to announce the name. The Swedes announce the name a few days after birth.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Still hoping for Alice, Mary or Maude to be in the names if a girl.

Still hoping for David, Phillip or Alexander to be in the names if a boy.

LaRae
Old 04-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Courtier

Prince Philip's mother Princess Alice of Battenberg - Alice was her second name -her full names were Victoria Alice Elizabeth Julia Marie.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Will there be a Sussex baby this week? Apparently odds are at 2/1.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/88...aby-this-week/

And some odds on names--

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...e-predictions/
https://www.fatherly.com/news/meghan...aby-name-bets/
Old 04-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Prince Philip's mother Princess Alice of Battenberg - Alice was her second name -her full names were Victoria Alice Elizabeth Julia Marie.
And Queen Mary was Victoria Mary. Queen Victoria was Alexandrina Victoria. It was quite common for them to go by a secondary name. Edward VIII was usually called David.

No one would question if they named a child Mary, that it would be an honor to Queen Mary. Same with Alice.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Would be neat to see a Mary used and then May as a nickname.

Also would be neat to see Frances/Francis used.

LaRae
Old 04-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

As a first name Mary has a better chance. They are both quite old fashioned. But Mary at least they could pull a Harry and call her May or Molly or such.

I could see using Frances instead of Diana as a middle name though.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am hoping we don't see a Diana repeat...Frances/Francis would be a nice way to nod to Diana.

LaRae
Old 04-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Courtier

As the Earl of Snowdon called his dau Margarita after his mother Princess Margaret, perhaps a girl child could be Alicia, after Philip's mr P Alice; just a thought...

Closed Thread