The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Matilda for a girl, Alexander for a boy.
Hi, everyone. Long time member and lurker, but first time poster. I'm with Scarebaby about Matilda, but I'm thinking Richard for a boy.

I am so excited about this baby!

Old 04-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Nobility

Carolyn / Caroline or Madelyn / Madeline

Old 04-04-2019, 12:29 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
All of those names you list have been mentioned before in this thread.

Yes, if it's a girl, I really love this idea. Did you see the video where the Sussexes' friend Daphne received birthday greetings from them in the hospital. Hearing from Harry & Meghan with a card and a photo gift helped to perk her up. I hope Daphne makes it until the Sussexes can get back to Australia. And if the baby is a girl, naming her Daphne would be such a great tribute and honor for this lovely, amazing woman.

Daphne Frances Henrietta
Daphne Frances Jeanette

@Mirabel, I get you not liking the sound of Henrietta. I would not choose it as a first name, but I see nothing wrong with using it as a second or third name.

A boy could be called Devin, Damon, David, Daniel.

Hopefully the Sussexes will stay far away from anything close to 'Emily,' which is the name of a particular RR.

Daphne Dunne, the Australian fan of Harry, passed away Monday, April 1. She was 99 years old.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It would be a lovely gesture if Daphne were to be included in the names somewhere in honour of the late Mrs. Dunne. Not as a first, but as a middle name. I'm sure the family would be incredibly touched and it would mean Daphne Dunne would live on as being the couple's biggest fan in their daughter's memory, should the baby be a girl

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Courtier

While there was affection and respect between Daphne and Harry, Daphne was not a relative so I think it unlikely.

Then again, Princess Dorothy Daphne Doria Diana has a certain ring ding to it.
.......... Dotty for short.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yikes too many d's

While I think Daphne will always be remembered by Harry, I doubt enough to be a name. Harry has met and connected with many people, through tours and Invictus as well. Singling out one, as sweet as Daphne was, seems unlikely. Seems more likely they would honor family or people with more of a connection to them.

Maud Windsor has it as a middle name but its in honor of her mother's family.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:40 PM
Majesty

How about the compound name of Mary Alice for a daughter?
Old 04-06-2019, 12:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Double first names aren't very common with the UK royals. Havent been one since Edward VII's eldest and youngest sons. I doubt we will see it here.

I think the baby will have at least 3 names. I know Margaret only had 2, but it seems more likely the baby will have 3-4 names. If Mary Alice was used, would likely be something like Mary Alice Doria, and called Mary.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

If the baby is a girl, how about Sethunya for one of the names. It is a female name in the Tswana language of Botswana meaning bloom or flower. Or Keeya which is garden flower.
I still like Lorato though, which means love.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I think the baby will have at least 3 names. I know Margaret only had 2, but it seems more likely the baby will have 2-3 names. If Mary Alice was used, would likely be something like Mary Alice Doria, and called Mary.
I do think Doria will somewhere in the mix and i don't dislike Alice or Mary but
Mary Alice Doria
would initial to
MAD

i hope they mind how the name turns out as initials, it's a petpeeve of me
Old 04-06-2019, 03:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Why on earth would it be Mary Alice? Alice perhaps as that is the name of Philip's mother.. but I can't see why Mary Alice. And as has been pointed out, British Royals don't usualy have double names.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:03 AM
Nobility

For some reason, I'm really feeling Amelia if it's a girl... Maybe Amelia Frances Doria or Amelia Elizabeth Diana?
Old 04-06-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
<snip>Amelia Elizabeth Diana?
I think this is lovely.

Above I said Richard for a boy, but I'm also thinking about Philip; if not the first name, at least one of the middles.

I love Alice, and while Lady Alice Mountbatten-Windsor is fine, Princess Alice of Sussex (should she be upgraded at some point) sounds way too hiss-y to me.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaphneHarridge View Post
I think this is lovely.

Above I said Richard for a boy, but I'm also thinking about Philip; if not the first name, at least one of the middles.

I love Alice, and while Lady Alice Mountbatten-Windsor is fine, Princess Alice of Sussex (should she be upgraded at some point) sounds way too hiss-y to me.
True, Ps Alice of Cambridge would have been OK, but Sussex not so good. I don't think that Philip really is keen on his name being used, otherwise I would have expected William to use it as a middle name for one of his boys.. I don't know what H and Meg are going to go for.. think it is too hard to guess...
Old 04-06-2019, 06:17 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If the baby is a girl, how about Sethunya for one of the names. It is a female name in the Tswana language of Botswana meaning bloom or flower. Or Keeya which is garden flower.
I still like Lorato though, which means love.
I'm semi-fluent in Setswana and I'm fairly certain Sethunya means gun. I really hope they don't give their child a Tswana name. They aren't Tswana and have no real connection to the culture & its people.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeine View Post
I'm semi-fluent in Setswana and I'm fairly certain Sethunya means gun. I really hope they don't give their child a Tswana name. They aren't Tswana and have no real connection to the culture & its people.
I cant imagine that they would do that, but who can say....
Old 04-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeine View Post
I read that it was blossom in several articles on southern African names.
Also, I read that Tswana was the language spoken in Botswana, a country with which they certainly do have a connection.
I am no expert and was relying on information that was supported in multiple sources.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I read that it was blossom in several articles on southern African names.
Also, I read that Tswana was the language spoken in Botswana, a country with which they certainly do have a connection.
I am no expert and was relying on information that was supported in multiple sources.
Im sure they have visited lots of places, but that does not mean that they would give their child a name from them.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Courtier

You're right, O-H Anglophile, an African place, flower or country name could be chosen.
I have quickly researched some Tswana baby names.
I'm no expert - just trusted the site Mom Junction.

Lady Botshelo Bontle Keeya Sylvanella Dikeledi - nick name ... Sheila
meanings - life, born beautiful, garden flower, little forest and tears

Lord Phefo Fenyang Mothibi Mykel Tapologo - nick name ... Fee-fi-fo-fum
meanings - windy, trailblazer, driver of animals (Philip inspired), peace and relaxation

I'd back Elizabeth, Charles or Diana before these names but they are sweet.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Double first names aren't very common with the UK royals. Havent been one since Edward VII's eldest and youngest sons.
Princess Margaret was formally called Princess Margaret Rose while she was a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
And as has been pointed out, British Royals don't usualy have double names.
Not currently, but double names were common in the British Royal Family during the 18th and 19th centuries.

Closed Thread