Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Edward included in the names because the little one was born on the 109th Death Anniversary of his 4xgreat-grandfather, King Edward VII?

For example: John Edward Francis.

Last edited:
George Clooney (as a Godparent) since BabySussex and he shares the May 6th birthday.

Last edited:
Or... the could go different and name their son Mark. It reflects both the maternal and paternal side. Mark Dyer for Harry's side and Marcus Anderson for Meghan's side.

The names are endless possibilities for this child and I'm looking forward to the name announcement.

Good idea, Osipi!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess: Charles Philip David John. Maybe throw a 'Thomas' in there, if Meghan is feeling especially sentimental.

Good choices, I have wondered about honoring her father, it could break the ice. Maybe give him a chance he is an old man wbo was thrown in to a maelstrom outwith his experience. He made mistakes but so have members of the royal family and they were given 2nd chances.

My guess is Charles Philip Spencer but would really like a Thomas in there.

Good choices, I have wondered about honoring her father, it could break the ice. Maybe give him a chance he is an old man wbo was thrown in to a maelstrom outwith his experience. He made mistakes but so have members of the royal family and they were given 2nd chances.

I doubt if his name is going to be used. He wasn't even mentioned in the birth announcement

I feel like Meghan”s dad has been given several second chances.

In theory I like the idea of Thomas being included as an olive branch/nod to the good times, but in reality I think it would be a PR disaster to name the baby for a father she’s not speaking to.

In theory I like the idea of Thomas being included as an olive branch/nod to the good times, but in reality I think it would be a PR disaster to name the baby for a father she’s not speaking to.
Unfortunately, you are right.

I highly doubt Thomas will be in the mix. Either way, though, the Markles will make a comment (Meghan's brother has apparently just said that he hopes the baby will teach her "what family really means") so they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. But I still think it's best PR wise if the name is avoided all together.

I think the new baby will be given just three names as was done with the Cambridge children.

I'm guessing names such as James, John, Richard and David might be used.

I highly doubt Thomas will be in the mix. Either way, though, the Markles will make a comment (Meghan's brother has apparently just said that he hopes the baby will teach her "what family really means") so they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. But I still think it's best PR wise if the name is avoided all together.

Not to mention, Thomas isn't just Thomas Sr.'s name, but there's Jr. as well. Can you imagine what they would do? There are better alternatives.

Henry Charles Philip after his three ancestors on paternal side.

I think he'll have three names not used by anyone in the current royal family.

As long as ALVIN is not the first name. Middle name, ok, but can you imagine the torment the poor lad would go through if that was his first name?
Was a normal name decades and decades ago. Now, because of popular culture, definitely NOT.

Sometimes names that were used a century or so ago cannot be (mostly) now. Another example is Conan. Still used in certain parts of Britain, Scotland, and Wales, but outside of that............nope......mostly. Blame Robert E. Howard for that. Even Conan O'Brien says he would not recommend giving children that name today.

Just my point of view.

Last edited:
Even if they pick a totally original first name I doubt they will boycott Harry entire family in all three names. He is still a Windsor and royal baby even without hrh.

I would like Alexander Spencer Philip. Or Spencer Alexander Philip Thomas, as my name suggestions.

Still hoping for David, James, Phillip or Alexander....and Francis as one of the middle names!

LaRae

Ernest could be used as a middle name.
What if the baby has only two names?

All right, here's a guess.

Patrick Philip David (despite the sad history with Patrick being the name of the Kents' stillborn son)

It is because of this reason that I think "Thomas" will definitely be included in the mix. That way it paints Meghan in a favourable, forgiving and faultless light. It puts all the discord and bitterness with Thomas Sr which is actually good PR (for the Sussexes).

It could be the second or third middle name, as per my previous suggestions (Alexander Charles Thomas or Alfred "Fred" Charles Edward Thomas) but it will be there!

The name Thomas also appears to be associated with the Earls of Sussex, which is different to the Dukedom but...

It is because of this reason that I think "Thomas" will definitely be included in the mix. That way it paints Meghan in a favourable, forgiving and faultless light. It puts all the discord and bitterness with Thomas Sr which is actually good PR (for the Sussexes).

It could be the second or third middle name, as per my previous suggestions (Alexander Charles Thomas or Alfred "Fred" Charles Edward Thomas) but it will be there!

The name Thomas also appears to be associated with the Earls of Sussex, which is different to the Dukedom but...

This is not good PR in reality. It only serve to give more oxygen to the fire. The child does not deserve this.

I agree, the baby is not a PR statement, he is a baby. Besides the media and detractors would still spin it to make her look bad.

There are other ways to include the Markles without using Thomas. Her grandfather was Gordon. She has a John in the Markle family tree, could honor both sides of the baby's family.

Ernest could be used as a middle name.
What if the baby has only two names?

Ernest is a bit too old fashioned for a first name. And middle names will likely have a far more personal link.

I don't see them going for two names. At the very least 3. Besides Margaret, it has been a long time since they used less then 3 names.

Henry Charles Philip after his three ancestors on paternal side.

I really like this name, and I think calling him Henry would be adorable.

Charles Philip Henry sounds good too, and Charlie is such a cute little boy’s name.

I also like Cedric, John, Frederick and Micah. John Frederick sounds nice. I’ve heard others mention Joseph, I wonder if Joel could be an option too. But I’ve no real idea what they might choose.

One last guess - Marcus Charles Phillip Henry.

When you say a name often enough you become convinced. Still hoping for a surprise and no Albert, Alfred or Arthur. Alexander is fine.

Or Marcus Philip Victor and the kid'll really be a MVP of the royal family. :D

Oooh.. there's a name I've not seen before. Victor after Victoria. Has there been a Victor in the BRF before?

Oooh.. there's a name I've not seen before. Victor after Victoria. Has there been a Victor in the BRF before?

Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence the eldest son of Edward VII and Alexandra. Engaged to Queen Mary when he died in 1892 of the flu.

Not as a first name, but as a middle name it was common among the descendants of Victoria (who wanted her descendants to carry the name of her and her husband). The feminine of Albert was also used. Wilhelm II of Germany (Vicky), Friedrich of Hesse (Alice), Prince Christian Victor (Helena) and Prince Maurice of Battenberg (Beatrice) all had it.

Last edited:

Prince Albert Victor- son of Edward VII, elder brother of George V. He died at age 28.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies. At least tomorrow we'll most likely know the son's name and get a break for a while until another pregnancy is announced. I think I'm all out of names to guess. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom