The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:09 AM
Royal Highness

Right, it's pretty obviously in black-and-white what I said.

Again yes, I happen to think that 'Henrietta' is a strong possibility for one of the names if the baby is a girl. My 'strong possibility' feeling is neither here nor there since I'm not one of the parents, nor even related. It's just an inkling on my part, since it is the feminine version of Harry's given name. I'm sure that's why it's been mentioned often enough in this thread.

If I was a betting person, I might even place a bet. Since I don't bet on such things, I won't be placing a bet.

Maybe Henrietta is just as strong a possibility as Victoria, Elizabeth, Diana, Frances, or Jeanette being one of the given names, if the baby is a girl. Or not, especially not if it's a boy.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that Henrietta or Victoria is not a strong possibility for a boy

Old 03-29-2019, 04:51 PM
Commoner

Would princess Saffron sound too unusual?
Old 03-29-2019, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Saffron has the same feel as Savannah, Isla and Mia; unusual but not totally unimaginable though the name itself (bar any royal connections) does feel slightly dated to me. I can imagine a name along the lines of Saffron for a potential second child should the Sussexes have one, though for the first I think they'll stick to "safer" names.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-29-2019, 09:22 PM
Commoner

Alexandrina or Alexa for a girl

Philip must be one of a boy's names and maybe another "A" name, but not Andrew
Old 03-29-2019, 10:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This isn't my original idea as I saw it in a tweet in a thread next door but when it was mentioned, it sounded like a darned good idea. Lady (Princess) Daphne of Sussex.

Harry and Meghan have sent a Happy 99th Birthday card to the woman that has won Harry's heart and the hearts of all that followed the tour down under. Harry met her when single and again when he was newly married and introduced his wife to Daphne and stated that they'd like to bring their child there to meet her also. (the pregnancy had just been announced)

Its a beautiful name that has meaning for the couple without stirring up anything in a teacup. Of course if its a boy.... nevermind.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:32 AM
Nobility

Matilda for a girl, Alexander for a boy.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Matilda for a girl, Alexander for a boy.
Matilda for a girl would be a nice reintroduction of names from the era of King William I. Henry I's daughter was Matilda.

For a son Paul could be used as a middle name.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinka View Post
Would princess Saffron sound too unusual?
Yes, it would be like that sitcom Absolutely Fabulous
Old 04-01-2019, 03:05 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinka View Post
Annabel Victoria.

My friend thinks this will be the name too if itís a girl :)
Old 04-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Henriette or Henrietta could be the middle name of a daughter.

Jack Brooksbank could be a godfather.

There had been an English & Scpottish queen Henrietta Marie and her daughter, thus an English & Scottish princess, calleed Henrietta Anne.

If it's a girl and Jack is a godparent, they could go for Jacquetta, there was Jacquetta of Luxembourg who was first as the wife of John of Lancester, Duke of Bedford the sister-in-law of Henry V., but later married Earl Rivers and managed to marry her daughter Elizabeth Woodville to Edward IV. (of York). Her granddaughter Elizabeth of York brought the Crown to the Tudors.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Even if Jack is a godparent, which I have serious doubts about, I doubt they’d name their child after him. There are quite a few people that would be in front of him if they wanted to name their child after someone.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktptbi View Post
My friend thinks this will be the name too if itís a girl :)
Didn't the Queen nix Annabel when the Yorks wanted to use it?
They went with Beatrice instead.

And personally, I hope they don't choose Henrietta, simply because I think it's an awful name.
If the baby's a girl, I hope they'd choose something pretty!

(I once read about a study where people had to rate the attractiveness of females by photos.
The picture of the same woman was rated much higher when it was labeled April than when it was labeled Bertha).
Old 04-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post

If it's a girl and Jack is a godparent, they could go for Jacquetta, there was Jacquetta of Luxembourg who was first as the wife of John of Lancester, Duke of Bedford the sister-in-law of Henry V., but later married Earl Rivers and managed to marry her daughter Elizabeth Woodville to Edward IV. (of York). Her granddaughter Elizabeth of York brought the Crown to the Tudors.
Or Jacqueline, after Jacqueline Kennedy.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Or Jacqueline, after Jacqueline Kennedy.

Jacquetta is the English version of Jacqueline, the original name of the princess was Jacqueline de St. Pol. But as she was living in England, she became Jacquetta of Luxembourg because her father, the Count of St. Pol, was the Head of the St.Pol-Ligny line of the Luxembourg family.

At the time of Jacquetta's birth, her father's cousin Sigismund of the senior branch of Luxembourg, was Holy Roman Emperor and king of Bohemia, Hungary and Croatia. Sigismund only left a daughter, Elizabeth of Luxembourg who had married Albert of Habsburg, Archduke of Austria, and it's through her that the Habsburg took over the LUxembourgian lands and titles in Germany.
Thus Jacqueline/Jacquetta is known in German history as Jacobša von Luxemburg.

Si I guess if they choose the name of this ancestress of Harry's, they'd go for the English version??? As everything in this thread, it's pure speculation.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jacqueline is widely used and recognised as a name in English speaking countries and has been for a long time (though is generally seen as quite dated here in England, or at least where I live it's more used for the baby boom generation of the '50s and '60s), so I don't think there'd be any issues at all surrounding Jacqueline should they use it. Jacquetta, though, would be a nice nod to the royal connections with the name but I doubt the Sussexes would choose either one.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Majesty

For a son Hugh could be used as a middle name.
For a daughter Emmeline could be used. Emmeline is a variant form of Emily.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:41 AM
Commoner

There is a possibility of a royal name no one has mentioned. There were 5 queens consort with this name, it covers all the female relatives, so what is it
Catherine ( or similar spelling after DOC)
Theodora (after Doria)
Frances (after Diana)
Mary (after HM). What do you think? it is certainly doable.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

All of those names you list have been mentioned before in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This isn't my original idea as I saw it in a tweet in a thread next door but when it was mentioned, it sounded like a darned good idea. Lady (Princess) Daphne of Sussex.

Harry and Meghan have sent a Happy 99th Birthday card to the woman that has won Harry's heart and the hearts of all that followed the tour down under. Harry met her when single and again when he was newly married and introduced his wife to Daphne and stated that they'd like to bring their child there to meet her also. (the pregnancy had just been announced)

Its a beautiful name that has meaning for the couple without stirring up anything in a teacup. Of course if its a boy.... nevermind.

Yes, if it's a girl, I really love this idea. Did you see the video where the Sussexes' friend Daphne received birthday greetings from them in the hospital. Hearing from Harry & Meghan with a card and a photo gift helped to perk her up. I hope Daphne makes it until the Sussexes can get back to Australia. And if the baby is a girl, naming her Daphne would be such a great tribute and honor for this lovely, amazing woman.

Daphne Frances Henrietta
Daphne Frances Jeanette

@Mirabel, I get you not liking the sound of Henrietta. I would not choose it as a first name, but I see nothing wrong with using it as a second or third name.

A boy could be called Devin, Damon, David, Daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For a son Hugh could be used as a middle name.
For a daughter Emmeline could be used. Emmeline is a variant form of Emily.
Hopefully the Sussexes will stay far away from anything close to 'Emily,' which is the name of a particular RR.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Majesty

For a son Bertram could be used as a middle name.
For a daughter Martha could be used as a middle name.

Closed Thread