The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Serene Highness

Blah blah blah - Meghan is a lefty, feminazi whacko - blah blah blah. What utterly mind-numbingly, boring, snoring nonsense.

Those who raise children to be gender fluid are a teeny-weeny minority who get massively inflated media coverage. We all know that this generation of parents are actually raising their children to be either boys or girls as assigned at birth but not to be confined by outdated stereotypes for their sex. Hooray for them & well done to us (the grandparents like me & Doria & Diana) who raised this generation of parents to be who they are & not afraid to show emotion (boys) or leadership (girls) for example. They are proving themselves to be more rounded, less repressed humans & this generation of fathers especially are a delight to see with their children. High fives all round!

Old 03-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Wyevale OH was referring to my post (or I assume) and my last paragraph. Not about the article you posted. If someone hadn't posted quicker then OH, the arrows in their post would have been pointing at my response.

Yes. But a lot of people seem to get the terms mixed up. It seems a lot of people take 'gender neutral' as to mean fluid. That saying you are not going to dress your kids in stereotypical colors, and allow them to play with any toy, means you will encourage them to choose their gender. As we see, this story of gender fluid has stemmed from a 'gender neutral' nursery.

Unfortunately there is a very alive backlash against what some people call the 'liberalist attack' on society.

Meghan is a feminist, so of course she will allow her kids to be cross-dressers and will call them IT to promote her agenda All because she doesn't want a blue or pink nursery.
Yes, thank you Countessmeout-I was referring to your post.

I agree, some are ignorant and others deliberately choose the term "gender fluid" to incite controversy. But a genderless nursery having any meaning other than they don't know whether they will have a son or daughter is ridiculous.

I think some still have strict suitable for boys or suitable for girls ideas, but many no longer believe, for example, that toys have strict gender suitability. Although trucks for girls are generally more accepted than dolls for boys.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Courtier

Until such time that the Sussexes announce "Rainbow Daze" as a name and forbid people to ask the gender (which is a tiny, tiny minority of people who ever do that) we should treat it how we treat any other gossip. This is in the same toxic bin as the "oooh George's school does ballet for boys" reporting.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The Palace has officially rubished all that nonsense about the "fluidity of the gender" ! I think the Press invent anything to get headlines !
Old 03-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just something else manufactured so they can clutch their pearls over it.

Supposedly since her baby shower was in neutral colors that somehow has turned into she and Harry are going to raise a gender neutral baby...silliest nonsense I've ever heard.

LaRae
Old 03-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Really sad that the palace actually had to make a statement on something so ridiculous

What do couples who don't know the gender of a baby do before its born? Not buy or decorate until then. Even if you know the gender beforehand, no reason not to go with a whole wide palate of colors beyond pink and blue.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Folks should know better than to listen to Katie Nicholl.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-03-2019, 03:55 AM
Courtier

Harry and Meghan won't choose to bring up a baby as gender fluid.

Having some fun here, should they change their minds - which names would suit?

Vic Oakley True Maple
Darian Halo Red Markle
Justice Charlie Dale Ember
Sasha Atlantic Meadow Lex
Pip Liberty Lou Cotswold
Old 03-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Anita Singh from the Telegraph suggested that the whole "gender fluid" story is the result of Meghan is trying to smoke out a leaker. Unclear whether she actually thinks that or whether she's making a witty comment about how ridiculous the story is.

https://twitter.com/anitathetweeter/...45579490496513
Old 03-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Anita Singh from the Telegraph suggested that the whole "gender fluid" story is the result of Meghan is trying to smoke out a leaker. Unclear whether she actually thinks that or whether she's making a witty comment about how ridiculous the story is.

https://twitter.com/anitathetweeter/...45579490496513
I've been of the same train of thought. Meghan will do well to learn from Harry how to "smoke out" leakers to the press. Many of her friends are long time fiends going back 9-15-20 years, however, someone in her friend group is talking and she needs to find out who.

BTW...I'm glad that KP debunked the gender fluid story, but that doesn't stop the tabs from posting it and keeping it up on their websites (looking at you DM).

BTW...also, many parents do gender neutral (grey, yellow, green, etc) and let their children play with gender neutral toys. It really is a storm in a teacup. What I think this is showing us is that Harry and Meghan will tolerate lies printed about them, however, from the looks of it, they are going to be fiercely protective of their child/children and won't tolerate the press going after them.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Just something else manufactured so they can clutch their pearls over it.

Supposedly since her baby shower was in neutral colors that somehow has turned into she and Harry are going to raise a gender neutral baby...silliest nonsense I've ever heard.

LaRae
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
I've been of the same train of thought. Meghan will do well to learn from Harry how to "smoke out" leakers to the press. Many of her friends are long time fiends going back 9-15-20 years, however, someone in her friend group is talking and she needs to find out who.

BTW...I'm glad that KP debunked the gender fluid story, but that doesn't stop the tabs from posting it and keeping it up on their websites (looking at you DM).

BTW...also, many parents do gender neutral (grey, yellow, green, etc) and let their children play with gender neutral toys. It really is a storm in a teacup. What I think this is showing us is that Harry and Meghan will tolerate lies printed about them, however, from the looks of it, they are going to be fiercely protective of their child/children and won't tolerate the press going after them.
Gender fluid and gender neutral are two entirely, vastly different things.

I don’t think friends or even a friend leaked anything. I think It was made it up because an editor wanted a headline grabbing story to run. I don’t believe either Meghan or Harry would use their child this way-for a leaked story that was so divisive.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:37 PM
Commoner

If they have a girl I'm hoping they can work in the name "Maud" somewhere.

"Maud" is a nickname for "Matilda," who was Queen Consort of England:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_of_Boulogne

Meghan seems like a much paler version of her. But this is the real reason "Maud" is my new favorite name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maud_Heath%27s_Causeway

I so love what Maud did, but also that for 500 years the locals in her community, without receiving much attention or applause for it, have honored her wish to support her community.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Commoner

I have some more guesses.

Boy: Frederick Philip David
Girl: Isabella Alexandra Rachel

My friend has this listed as her predictions.
Boy: Zachary Philip James
Girl: Annabelle Victoria Jane
Old 03-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktptbi View Post
I have some more guesses.

Boy: Frederick Philip David
Girl: Isabella Alexandra Rachel

My friend has this listed as her predictions.
Boy: Zachary Philip James
Girl: Annabelle Victoria Jane
Ktptbi, The name of Isabella is nice because there has been a Queen Consort of England named Isabella.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Interesting stories about the two women, Matilda and Maud, Oona.
I see Matilda being used more than Maud. There is already young Maud Windsor.

Matilda Elizabeth Ruth Doria
Frances Matilda Harriet Louise

There are so many nice names.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Ktptbi, The name of Isabella is nice because there has been a Queen Consort of England named Isabella.
Three in fact John, Edward II and Richard II were all married to women named Isabella. Actually both of John's wives were Isabella, but the first was prior to his succession to the throne.

Quote:
If they have a girl I'm hoping they can work in the name "Maud" somewhere.

"Maud" is a nickname for "Matilda," who was Queen Consort of England:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_of_Boulogne

Meghan seems like a much paler version of her. But this is the real reason "Maud" is my new favorite name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maud_Heath%27s_Causeway

I so love what Maud did, but also that for 500 years the locals in her community, without receiving much attention or applause for it, have honored her wish to support her community.
Maud is a bit too old fashioned of a first name IMO for them to choose. Not one of those classic names that have come back too popular yet. Even if they were going to over look Freddie Windsor's daughter. Though they may, as names are reused often enough.

If they were going to honor Queen Matilda though I'd think they'd use Matilda. There were three queen consorts with the name Matilda, and of course empress Matilda. The one you mentioned (wife of Stephen) and the wives of Henry I and William the Conqueror.

Maud would be more of a nod to the wife of Henry I. She was the only one more commonly called Maude. While the other two were French, Henry's wife was Scottish. Maud wasn't a common French nickname for Matilda, it was though in the British isles.

More recently we have Edward VII's daughter Maud who became Queen of Norway. And her niece Princess Maud, Countess of Southesk.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:44 PM
Royal Highness

I think Harry and Meghan will be bringing up this child and any future children they may have to be fully who they are and to embrace who they are; to be fearless, courageous, and kind.

Some additional name suggestions I've been thinking about:

Delphinia Frances Jeanette

Deandra Elizabeth Henrietta

Philip Albert Charles

Apparently, Harry joked about having at least two children, maybe more:
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...her-baby-joke/

With this wide-legged stance, I think Meghan is definitely feeling the baby in these last weeks. Not far to go now:
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...p&resize=768:*

Patrick J. Adams of Suits has also recently joked with reporters about his and wife (Troian Bellisario's) baby girl, born in October, havng future playdates with Meghan's baby. Scroll down in the first article link to see the video with Patrick & Troian, which also includes Sarah Rafferty:
https://www.etonline.com/meghan-mark...arrival-120848
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-markles-baby/
Old 03-07-2019, 01:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

If they go radically, like Anne, and ignore the family tree, I doubt they will go with something like Delphina. Deandra??? I'd be expecting something either from the 'popular baby names' list or something found among Harry's friends kids and such.

I still think they will choose something family tree, but more abranch then George and Charlotte.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Three in fact John, Edward II and Richard II were all married to women named Isabella. Actually both of John's wives were Isabella, but the first was prior to his succession to the throne.

Maud is a bit too old fashioned of a first name IMO for them to choose. Not one of those classic names that have come back too popular yet. Even if they were going to over look Freddie Windsor's daughter. Though they may, as names are reused often enough.

If they were going to honor Queen Matilda though I'd think they'd use Matilda. There were three queen consorts with the name Matilda, and of course empress Matilda. The one you mentioned (wife of Stephen) and the wives of Henry I and William the Conqueror.

Maud would be more of a nod to the wife of Henry I. She was the only one more commonly called Maude. While the other two were French, Henry's wife was Scottish. Maud wasn't a common French nickname for Matilda, it was though in the British isles.

More recently we have Edward VII's daughter Maud who became Queen of Norway. And her niece Princess Maud, Countess of Southesk.

Maud wasn't a nickname for Matilda. Both were English variants of the Germanic name Mahthildis.

Because medieval documents were recorded in Latin (including names) we don't actually know the name the Empress and her mother were known by. One English historian might translate the Latin version (Matilda, just as it is in English) as Matilda/Mathilda and another as Maud/Maude, while French historians would translate it as Mathilde or Mahaut, German historians as Mathilde or Mechthild, etc. To give another example, one historian might translate Jacobus as Jacob and another as James. So it depends on who's doing the translating.

We also have to take into account medieval versus modern variants. For example, today English-speaking historians translate the Latin name Edwardus as Edward (the contemporary English name) but in Anglo-Saxon times the correct spelling was Eadweard.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If they go radically, like Anne, and ignore the family tree, I doubt they will go with something like Delphina. Deandra??? I'd be expecting something either from the 'popular baby names' list or something found among Harry's friends kids and such.

I still think they will choose something family tree, but more abranch then George and Charlotte.
Ah, it's all fun speculation, innit?

What 'abranch' do you have in mind?

Something more relatable like, Amelia Diana Jeanette, perhaps? Or by 'family tree,' do you mean royal family tree, rather than Ragland-Markle family tree?

In any case, the Markle family tree does connect to Windsors via the Mortimer-Wentworth-Seymour-Spencer family lines tracing back to King Edward III:
https://www.americanancestors.org/Ro...an-Markle.aspx
Click on the pdf download in the above link to see the amazing family tree

Checking some of the female names, here are 'family tree' possibilities:
Elizabeth, Joan, Isabel, Jane, Mary, Isabella, Philippa, Margery, Letitia, Anna, Anne, Adelaide, Juliana, Carolina, Rosalind, Ruth, Cecilia, Margaret, Diana, Nina, Charlotte, Penelope, Cynthia, Elinor, Louisa, Dorothy, et al.

I kind of like Rosalind, Cynthia, Juliana, Margery, Elinor or Eleanora, and Cecilia. I can see them going for Isabel or Isabella too.

Closed Thread