Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picture Harry and Meghan being the parents of a boy named Arthur. :flowers:

If they have a girl I bet on Elizabeth, Victoria or Alexandra.

Tom Sr, Jr and Samantha messed it up for Baby Sussex to take a Markle name ever. It opens the baby to be exploited by them with demands for invitations to royal events as a bonus. Of course they'll complain but there are issues here can't be fixed in a visit.

Of Tom and Samantha being used (doubt Samantha ever would be considered even if she was a saint). But I doubt they will boycott the whole family tree of names because of these three.

I think 'Doriana' is a really great choice @Lee-Z, combining Doria with Diana. If a girl, I would think 'Jeanette' might be one of the names chosen, to honor Meghan's maternal grandmother (who I believe died in 2000).

Doriana Jeanette Henrietta

Hope not, that really doesn't flow well at all.

There are many lovely names out there without them creating a fake name. With at least three names (may use four, just because William didn't doesn't mean they wont) they can honor both moms without combining names.

l
I picture Harry and Meghan being the parents of a boy named Arthur.

If they have a girl I bet on Elizabeth, Victoria or Alexandra.

I love Arthur but somehow after Pippa used the name, I don't see them using it. I know, different families and no reason they cant both, but I don't see them doing it.

I don't see them pulling a Charlotte, and using a name used in the same generation/age group ala Charlotte Diana Spencer and Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge.

Could be wrong. Only ones who might even notice are the Cambridge kids who would have 2 cousins named Arthur.

Whatever the name the choose I think it will be something that is sentimental to both of them (Harry/Meghan). Meghan tends to choose things with a purpose or for specific reason.

For a Prince: Roland could be used as a middle name.
The name Roland was introduced to England by the Normans.

:previous: reminded me more of Joffrey Baratheon of Game of Thrones
but maybe i just watch too much tv ?

reminded me more of Joffrey Baratheon of Game of Thrones
but maybe i just watch too much tv

Or Joffrey Comte de Peyrac de Morens d'Irristru, Lord of Toulouse and Aquitaine but maybe I read too many books ?

Actually, I like the name Joffrey. But I can't see Harry and Meghan using it. I suspect they'll go for something traditional (first name) and way-out-there (other name/s).

I keep changing my mind daily about the gender and names.

This week's guess:
MADDE ---> pronounced Maddy
Mathilda Alexandra Diana Doria Elizabeth

I know it's 5 names, but I just think that both H&M would want their child to have their own identity so to speak and won't give their child a name now in use with the family.

Matilda/Mathilda. I like it. Of course the first tune they would teach her would be "Waltzing Matilda" the unofficial national anthem of Australia where the pregnancy was announced. How Commonwealth of them! :D

I really like Matilda ...and Maude. Along with Alice and Mary.

LaRae

Yeah, Mathilda is growing on me, and Meghan would be able to pass on her signet ring, "To MM from MM" or was it "To M from M?"

I just think it's a nice gesture when mothers pass on jewellery that means something to them to their daughters.

Probably also narrowing down the list for possible god parents. I really think Lindsay may be the ultimate shoe-in for Meghan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caroline Elizabeth for a girl.I'm thinking Meghan may want to lean American for a girl. Caroline as popularized by Caroline Kennedy and the song "Sweet Caroline". And, of course, there was Caroline of Brunswick. It would be a nice nod to both countries.

Phillip Henry for a boy.

Last edited:
Given Harry was named as one of Lena's godparents, do you think it signals a courtesy godparent spot for Zara or Mike, as we saw happen between the Tindalls and Cambridges with George and Mia?

My current godparent guesses are: one BRF cousin (likely Zara or Eugenie), Lindsay Jill Roth, Jessica Mulroney (if her being Jewish is an issue then replace her with Benita Litt), Charlie Van Straubenzee, Mark Dryer, Markus Anderson (if Jessica isn't a godmother replace him with Ben Mulroney)

Given Harry was named as one of Lena's godparents, do you think it signals a courtesy godparent spot for Zara or Mike, as we saw happen between the Tindalls and Cambridges with George and Mia?

My current godparent guesses are: one BRF cousin (likely Zara or Eugenie), Lindsay Jill Roth, Jessica Mulroney (if her being Jewish is an issue then replace her with Benita Litt), Charlie Van Straubenzee, Mark Dryer, Markus Anderson (if Jessica isn't a godmother replace him with Ben Mulroney)

A agree with Lindsay as a 98% shoe in for one of the godmothers. I like the idea of either Mike or Zara. Eugenie was my definite guess for a member BFR, now it may be one of the Tindalls.

Not so sure about Marcus or Jessica. Yes, they're really close to Meghan, but I think they are going to choose people who are "lowkey". All guesses at this point.

I also think 6 godparents: 3 from Meghan and 3 from Harry.

Zara may or may not be. Its not always returned. William is godfather to Hugh Van Cutsem's daughter Grace, yet he wasn't chosen as godfather to any of William's kids even though 2 of his brothers were. He is also godfather to one of Pavlos' sons but that wasn't reciprocated either.

Harry has 7 godchildren now, 5 of them known (2 not). We don't know if he will return the honor to any of the parents.

I think the most likely reciprocal will be Mark Dyer. He has been like a second dad to Harry. I wouldn't be shocked if Harry asked him to serve.

Harry was much closer to the Yorks then Peter and Zara. I lean towards Eugenie or Beatrice, over Zara. But I could be wrong since he was chosen for Lena.

I think like the bridal party, we will see an equal balance from both sides:

I could see six so each have 3:

godmothers:
-Eugenie or Zara
-Benitta Litt (Meghan is godmother to her kids and were her bridesmaids)
-Lindsay Roth

godfathers:
-Charlie von Strabaneze
-Mark Dyer
-Markus Anderson (or possibly Ben Mulroney since Jessica is Jewish)

I think if these don't make the cut, they will for a second child (if have). I could really be surprised by some random other choices. Who knows.

I was just about to ask the same question! I can imagine Zara would be an even more likely choice as godparent now, though we'll have to wait and see.

In that case it would be for their second child :D

I would expect Eugenie to be given the 'family spot' for the first child and probably Zara for a potential second child? Harry wasn't chosen as godparent for Zara's eldest, so if it is done 'in return', naming her the godparent of a second child would be more likely.

I think Harry’s cousin Celia is also a strong possibility. I’m still suspecting Lindsay and Markus are very likely on Meghan’s side.

Perhaps Amal or George Clooney might be a god parent

I think Harry and Meghan have enough choices of good friends and good family to give their child 10 godparents if it was required. :lol:

It was said that Annabel was Andrew's favourite girl's name, but at the time Beatrice was born Annabel's club in London was extremely popular (younger royals were seen there) and so that name was discarded!

Leopoldina could be used for the middle name of a daughter.

Leopoldina could be used for the middle name of a daughter.

I certainly hope not. It is too old fashioned and very clunky. It they were to choose a girl's name in the Leo family Leonie or Leona would be more suitable.

Twins ...

Rachel Rose Camilla Mary
Harriet Diana Doria Elizabeth
Charles William John Philip
Francis Mark Louis Edward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom