The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

One thing we can be absolutely certain about is that baby Sussex won't be called Piers.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
won't be called Piers
It is no accident that Piers has never figured amongst the names given to Royal Boys on this island..
'Google' Piers Gaveston...

Old 12-31-2018, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
A (joke) prediction from Piers Morgan:

The Duchess of Sussex has her baby on April 1, and in a sharp break from Royal tradition declares her new arrival is ‘gender-fluid’ and will be known as both Oprah and Oliver.

‘Is this a bloody April Fools’ joke?’ splutters Prince Philip when informed of the news.

Meghan also confirms she wishes to be known as a ‘co-parent’ rather than ‘mother’, and orders Prince Harry to wear a papoose 24/7 to ‘expunge the last toxins of masculinity’ from his poor emasculated soul.
Poor Piers. Still trying to find something he's good at. Now he can cross "comedian" off his list.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's move on from Piers Morgan and get back to discussing the names and godparents for Harry and Meghan's first child.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:51 AM
Royal Highness

Jade Henrietta Jeanette

Desiree Victoria Diana

Sabrina Diana Morulaganyi (Botswanian for 'one who puts things in their right order'
and Sabrina is the name of a Celtic goddess)

Audrey Philippa Elizabeth

I wonder whether Misha Nonoo and Markus Anderson or others of Meghan's friends might be named godparents.

And far from Meghan 'emasculating' Prince Harry, I think the opposite is obviously the case: with the support of his wife, he's matured into a more confident and mature man.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Girl - Lady Anne Mountbatten-Windsor
Old 01-04-2019, 10:10 AM
Majesty

Is Harry so very close to his paternal aunt?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Courtier

My gut feeling is that they’ll pick go the Anne/Zara/Peter route and pick a first name they like just for the sound of it and use only the middle names to honor family. I don’t have specific names in mind, though.

This feeling is based on Meghan and Harry’s general style of presenting themselves, which is less formal and traditional, combined with comments Harry has made about feeling quite aware that he (and, by extension, his branch) won’t always be at the center of the spotlight. So I think they’ll probably feel less pressure or inclination to pick a name that sounds thoroughly “carrying-on-the-line.”
Old 01-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
My gut feeling is that they’ll pick go the Anne/Zara/Peter route and pick a first name they like just for the sound of it and use only the middle names to honor family. I don’t have specific names in mind, though.
Loratô Diana Elizabeth

Saffron Jeannette Frances
Old 01-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Jade? I don't think so.....
Old 01-04-2019, 04:46 PM
Majesty

I see names which equivalents in other languages.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Nobility

I don’t expect a traditional name for their child, but it’ll be a fairly common name, nothing unusual.

Also for godparents, I’m expecting one of the York’s and someone related from the spencer side of the family. Also maybe Jessica Mulroney
Old 01-06-2019, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post

This feeling is based on Meghan and Harry’s general style of presenting themselves, which is less formal and traditional, combined with comments Harry has made about feeling quite aware that he (and, by extension, his branch) won’t always be at the center of the spotlight. So I think they’ll probably feel less pressure or inclination to pick a name that sounds thoroughly “carrying-on-the-line.”
Right, that's why I suggested Jade, Desiree, Sabrina, and Audrey, with more traditional middle names. If they chose a Botswanian name somewhere in the mix that would be very cool (the name I suggested earlier has such an apropos meaning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Jade? I don't think so.....
This is just fun speculation. If you don't like Jade, you must be pearl-clutching at Saffron and guffawing at Lorato.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Nobility

Name for a boy - Dorian Philip Charles

It's not a traditional name similar to Zara it's a great way to pay tribute to Doria, and to Harry's grandfather and Father.

Not sure about the name for a girl yet but Lady Jeanette has a lovely ring to it.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:31 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, if it's a boy, 'Dorian' would surely be a great way to honor Doria. However, I doubt it would be used as a first name for a boy.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't see them going out in left field like Zara. Even with a family name from Meghan. Unlike Anne's kids, Harrys aren't private citizens. I do think they will honor the markle side but in a middle name.

Or in a first name with royal heritage. Meghan has a great grabdfather named Frederick for example.

I do think they will go further a limb in the family tree then William for names
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Right, that's why I suggested Jade, Desiree, Sabrina, and Audrey, with more traditional middle names. If they chose a Botswanian name somewhere in the mix that would be very cool (the name I suggested earlier has such an apropos meaning).

This is just fun speculation. If you don't like Jade, you must be pearl-clutching at Saffron and guffawing at Lorato.
Lorato is as appropriate as Morulaganyi. It is the word for love in Setswana and Sesotho- some of the languages of Botswana & Lesotho.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:55 AM
Courtier

More guesses (first names more left of field):

Eloise Harriet Mary Serena
Jean Diana Loyce Victoria

Barry Charles Henry William
Peter Francis Charles David
Old 01-10-2019, 06:14 AM
Majesty

I think the baby will have only three names, just like William's kids.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:57 PM
Courtier

If it's a girl, Victoria
Lady Victoria

Boy, David, Lord David

Closed Thread