Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even going to attempt godmother guesses.

But my godfather guesses are Charlie van Straubenzee, Mark Dyer, and Nick Jones.

I'm going to go out on a shaky limb here and hope the shaking tree doesn't land me smack dab on my head and cause even more drain bramage but the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to put forth a prediction that should the child be a boy, one of its middle names will be Thomas after Meghan's dad.

I know things are shaky right now with that family but I don't think that Meghan would ever forget or discount or stop loving her father and would want that reflected in naming their first child.

Meghan just doesn't come across to me as one that would carry grudges. Besides, they shed horribly. ;)

I'm not even going to attempt godmother guesses.

But my godfather guesses are Charlie van Straubenzee, Mark Dyer, and Nick Jones.

I would say Markus Anderson would have a better chance than Nick Jones if we are going by Soho House crowd.

I just don't see Thomas as part of any name at this point. Not after everything that has gone on.

I do expect something with Phillip and even Elizabeth in the name somewhere depending on gender of course !

LaRae

I would guess they will pick first names they like, not necessarily traditional.

Likely middle names for a girl: Diana, Elizabeth, Doria.

For a boy: Charles, Philip. I doubt her father’s side of the family will be so honored.

Margaret might be nice for a girl as a variant of Meghan, but I would guess she shares American tastes in naming. Maybe Adeline, Madeleine, Olivia, Ava, Lucas, Nicholas, etc.

Last edited:
GIRL
Elizabeth Frances Doria
Henrietta Diana Rachel

BOY
Philip Charles Thomas
Charles Philip John

If the media rumors are true that Skippy didn't get an invite to the Sussexes' evening reception, then he probably won't get a nod.

I haven't read anything about Skippy not being at the evening reception. It's just speculation that Skippy is being cut out because he's seen as a bad influence. However, that's just the periodic image media likes to paint of Meghan, so I have my doubts about that. Meghan was also seen hanging out with Inskips when they got married. I think both Harry and Skippy have grown quite a bit since Vegas.

Boy: Philip Alvin Charles
Other potential first names: Arthur, Alfred, Leopold (almost exclusively called Leo), Frederick, Alexander, Robert, Malcolm
Girl: Emma Diana Elizabeth
Other potential first names: Cecile/Cecilia, Eleanor/Nora, Alexandra, Amelia, Matilda, Helena, Isabella/Isabelle, Alice
(Personally I think the Queen and Diana will be honored with a firstborn daughter, with a secondborn getting more Ragland names, but if Meghan's family does get a nod it's likely Doria or Jeanette)

I would guess it's a baby girl! That way, Charles will have two grandsons and two granddaughters.

For names I don't know really, with William and Catherine was way easier since they are more traditional. But Harry was always revolutionary and Meghan looks to have a more modern approach. So maybe not a royal name for their child? They could surprise me and go for Mary or Victoria...but I don't believe so, I think they will go the same route as Peter and Autumn.

For a girl:
Olive Elizabeth Diana
Violet Doria Alexandra
Alexandra Doria Diana

For a boy:
Oliver Phillip Charles
Samuel Arthur Phillip
Leo Charles Arthur

As for godparents...I'd never be able to guess them all but I think Princess Eugenie is a fairly safe bet. For some reason or other I don't really see them going the way of the Cambridges and avoiding siblings or spouses of siblings and I really wouldn't be all that surprised to see Catherine asked. I also wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Prince Seesio asked and certainly a cousin on the Spencer side. As for Meghan's friends...possibly Jessica Mulroney or Benita Litt.

As for godparents, I'll pick a few for each gender and let them be trimmed down however it goes:

Men: Charlie Van Straubenzee, Prince Seesio, Markus Anderson, Male Spencer cousin, Jake Warren
Women: Lindsey Jill Roth, Jessica Mulroney, Princess Eugenie, Benita Litt, a Spencer Cousin

For a girl:
Olive Elizabeth Diana
Violet Doria Alexandra
Alexandra Doria Diana

For a boy:
Oliver Phillip Charles
Samuel Arthur Phillip
Leo Charles Arthur

As for godparents...I'd never be able to guess them all but I think Princess Eugenie is a fairly safe bet. For some reason or other I don't really see them going the way of the Cambridges and avoiding siblings or spouses of siblings and I really wouldn't be all that surprised to see Catherine asked. I also wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Prince Seesio asked and certainly a cousin on the Spencer side. As for Meghan's friends...possibly Jessica Mulroney or Benita Litt.

This one will never make the cut. Ever heard of Oliver Cromwell and what he did to King Charles I

For a boy I would love a Victor or Alexander.

Victor Charles Henry Philip
Alexander Charles Henry Philip

For a girl I would love an Alice, Victoria, Helena or Amelia!

Alice Diana Doria Elizabeth
Victoria Diana Doria Elizabeth
Helena Diana Doria Elizabeth

Amelia Diana Doria Elizabeth
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

As of yet i never guessed a royal baby name correct, but i'm still giving it a go:

i think Harry and Meghan are not tradtionally with regards to names (basing that opinion on the fact that they didn't use their full names in their wedding ceremony), so i think there may be some twist like "Charlie" or "Frankie" for a girl

I doubt they choose john. king george and queen mary lost a child named john. and diana had a brother who died at birth, named john.

arthur henry edward

alice caroline marina

I don't think that it is John or Oliver due dark history of the names.

Probably it will be some royal sounding name but not very commonly used.

And for gitl there will be name Diana altough not necessarility as first name. But I am not very good with royal names. With British royals I guessed correctly only George's first name and was quiet close with Charlotte.

Yeah, I am thinking that John or Oliver are not options for the reasons stated above.

I am also thinking for a boy the name Arthur, Charles and/or Alexander are out since either George and Louis have it in their names.

If a girl, Doria, Diana and/or Frances will in there some where.
If a boy, Phillip will be in there somewhere.

I would LOVE to see Frances/Francis used either for a son or daughter...

LaRae

I don't think they'll go a very different road. Not as traditional as Kate and William (though the names of their children have certainly regained popularity the last decade or so), but I think Zara and Peter have proven that names can be off the beaten track (the same old names used in the family) without having the name feel like it's part of an entirely different family.

Gotta think about this one a little more. :bounce:

I'hild be a boy, one of its middle names will be Thomas after Meghan's dad.

I know things are shaky right now with that family but I don't think that Meghan would ever forget or discount or stop loving her father and would want that reflected in naming their first child.

Meghan just doesn't come across to me as one that would carry grudges. Besides, they shed horribly. ;)

does not seem to me that she's on any kind of good terms with her father. What about the No comment, comment about whether he knew about the baby? I think that he has not been told, and relations are frosty...

Things are for sure frosty currently and Meghan is handling it as she sees fit. However, its just my opinion that she would still honor her father in her grandson's name. She may not like or approve of her father's behavior but I do honestly think that she still loves him. That's just me though and I've yet to get a royal baby's predicted right. ?

We'll see. If its a boy, they might honor Doria and call the son Dorian. Dorian Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton has a nice ring to it.

Things are for sure frosty currently and Meghan is handling it as she sees fit. However, its just my opinion that she would still honor her father in her grandson's name. She may not like or approve of her father's behavior but I do honestly think that she still loves him. That's just me though and I've yet to get a royal baby's predicted right. ?

We'll see. If its a boy, they might honor Doria and call the son Dorian. Dorian Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton has a nice ring to it.
Im sure she has some feeling for him, but she didn't go to see him when she got engaged.. and it seems clear now that he's alienated from her.
And the surname woudlnt be Sussex realy.. Their children may use Sussex as a surname.. but the official surname is Mountbatten Windsor...
I can't see the RF going in for a name like Dorian whch sounds like a girl's name or worse still Dorian Grey

You're absolutely right where the surname would be Mountbatten-Windsor. Guess I need a bit more caffeine in my system today or brain boosters. Mondays are always sluggish for me. :lol:

I guess the name Dorian is a unisex name. I seriously doubt they'd use it but you never know. ;)

This one will never make the cut. Ever heard of Oliver Cromwell and what he did to King Charles I

Maybe, maybe not. Yes, as a historian I've certainly heard of Cromwell. And while I have my doubts, too, in some ways I wouldn't be terribly surprised. I think sometimes that we make a bigger deal of these things than the Queen/RF does and that given how much time has passed since Cromwell was an issue it may be that she's fine with a bit of a shakeup in royal names. My suggestions were simply guesses, just like everyone else's suggestions and we'll all just have to wait and see what happens when the baby arrives.

For a girl: Keeya, Masego, Naledi, Onnalenna, Sethunya, or Sylvanella - all Botswanian girl names with a beautiful meaning. Princess Sethunya of Sussex sounds cute.

With a boy I think they will start with Charles or Francis or Philip. As an African name I could imagine Ditiro, Kagiso, Kenosi, Mykel or many other nice names.

I doubt they choose john. king george and queen mary lost a child named john. and diana had a brother who died at birth, named john.

arthur henry edward

alice caroline marina

I like the idea of Marina for a girl, as it is the same name as Doria - Marina from Latin, Doria from Greek but both meaning "From the sea"

Last edited by a moderator:
You're absolutely right where the surname would be Mountbatten-Windsor. Guess I need a bit more caffeine in my system today or brain boosters. Mondays are always sluggish for me. :lol:

I guess the name Dorian is a unisex name. I seriously doubt they'd use it but you never know. ;)

I would think that Dorian is the male name and Dorien is a female version. No, honestly can't see it.. Oscar Wilde and all that? Mind you I guessed quite wrong about Louis... but I still can't see a Pr John or a Prince Oliver.. or a very American sounding name..

People like the Phillipses can call their children unsual names, but I doubt if Harry and Megahn would feel they could...

does not seem to me that she's on any kind of good terms with her father. What about the No comment, comment about whether he knew about the baby? I think that he has not been told, and relations are frosty...

As to be expected given his actions at the beginning of the Duchess' pregnancy.

Don't know about names.

But my hunch is a girl, and I would think Mark Dyer (whose son is also Harry's godson), Tiggy, Jessica, Benita, Lindsay, Charlie van Straubenzee, and possibly Markus Anderson for godparents.

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance that she would include her father’s name or that the royal family would permit her to do so.

Diana might be a good bet for a first name for a daughter. Prince Harry is probably brave enough to do it. Certainly, it will be a middle name.

I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance that she would include her father’s name or that the royal family would permit her to do so.

Diana might be a good bet for a first name for a daughter. Prince Harry is probably brave enough to do it. Certainly, it will be a middle name.

Doubt the royal family will say she can't name her child after her father if she wishes. I just don't see her wishing to right now.

I think it would be a girl.
For name, they could include of their mother's names but Charlette already had Diana in her name. Some names suggestion for a future princess, Amelia, Cynthia, Clarice, Veronica, Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom