The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 06:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its a very American sounding name, it is certainly not royal and I believe there is a cartoon character called Alvin...
Don't want to be a polemicist but generally speaking one can't have one's cookie and eat it too

Many here say that his child should not be titled HRH and prince/princess of the UK, so why should name be and I put this in quotation royal?
If they want to name him Alvin, so be it
Besides there is nothing royal about, Savannah, Isla, Mia, and Lena, or Zara

Old 10-15-2018, 06:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post

Besides there is nothing royal about, Savannah, Isla, Mia, and Lena, or Zara
True, but you know Meghan and Harry are scrutinized closer and in more cruel fashion than other royals. Zara could name her daughter Apple Elliot McNamara and nobody would bat an eye (well, maybe some would).
But if Meghan and Harry will try even anything barely fashionable, like Madison or Ryan - all hell will break loose: Meghan breaks protocol! Traditions! Hollywood style names! Protocol! americanization of our society! Compton and ghetto! By the way, did we say "protocol"?

Old 10-15-2018, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenys View Post
True, but you know Meghan and Harry are scrutinized closer and in more cruel fashion than other royals. Zara could name her daughter Apple Elliot McNamara and nobody would bat an eye (well, maybe some would).
But if Meghan and Harry will try even anything barely fashionable, like Madison or Ryan - all hell will break loose: Meghan breaks protocol! Traditions! Hollywood style names! Protocol! americanization of our society! Compton and ghetto! By the way, did we say "protocol"?
Very true.

Don't have any idea yet, but from the suggestions above I think Alvin and Loyce are nice choices.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:03 AM
Nobility

If it is a boy, I hope there is Philip among his names, as a nod to Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh. Besides James Viscount Severn whose full name is James Alexander Philip Theo, and Prince Charles whose full name is Charles Philip Arthur George, nobody in the family is name after him. This way he who be named after is grand father and great grand father at the same time
Old 10-15-2018, 07:07 AM
Commoner

Girl: Alexandra Diana Doria
Boy: Philip Francis Charles
Old 10-15-2018, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've never been good at predicting what a royal baby will be named and to be honest, I have no clue what Harry and Meghan would choose for their first child.

The only name that did pop into my head though was for a girl and that name is Henrietta after her daddy. Probably not their choice though. I don't think they're going to name the child after anyone in particular with the exception maybe being Philip after the DoE.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not good at guessing but it's fun to take a shot, so...

Boy- Philip Henry Charles

Girl- Elizabeth Diana Rachel

I think Eugenie will be a godmother, along with Jessica Mulroney and one of the Spencers.

Godfather may be William, Tom Inskip, and perhaps a Van Cutsem?
Old 10-15-2018, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've never been good at predicting what a royal baby will be named and to be honest, I have no clue what Harry and Meghan would choose for their first child.

The only name that did pop into my head though was for a girl and that name is Henrietta after her daddy. Probably not their choice though. I don't think they're going to name the child after anyone in particular with the exception maybe being Philip after the DoE.
Now that would be a royal name for sure

Queen Henrietta Maria of England, Scotland, and Ireland, was the wife of King Charles the First
Born Henriette Marie de France, Madame Royale, she was the daughter of King Henri IV of France, and Queen Marie de Medici of France. Sister of King Louis the XIII, and Aunt of King Louis XIV, the Sun king
Mother of King Charles II, King James II/VIII, Grand Mother of Queen Mary II, and Queen Anne and King William III
it was she who brought the title of Princess Royal from the french court, for her first daughter, Princess Mary, the first princess royal who became Princess of Orange, mother of William of Orange (future King William III)
Old 10-15-2018, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm not good at guessing but it's fun to take a shot, so...

Boy- Philip Henry Charles

Girl- Elizabeth Diana Rachel

I think Eugenie will be a godmother, along with Jessica Mulroney and one of the Spencers.

Godfather may be William, Tom Inskip, and perhaps a Van Cutsem?
If the media rumors are true that Skippy didn't get an invite to the Sussexes' evening reception, then he probably won't get a nod.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria Francis Isabella

Arthur Loyce Charles

God Parents

Lindsay Roth
Heather Dorak
Benita Litt
Celia McCorquodal
Princess Eugenie

I can literally see any (or all) of these ladies.

Mark Dyer
Charlie van Straubenz
Markus Anderson
Old 10-15-2018, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

I'm not even going to attempt godmother guesses.

But my godfather guesses are Charlie van Straubenzee, Mark Dyer, and Nick Jones.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm going to go out on a shaky limb here and hope the shaking tree doesn't land me smack dab on my head and cause even more drain bramage but the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to put forth a prediction that should the child be a boy, one of its middle names will be Thomas after Meghan's dad.

I know things are shaky right now with that family but I don't think that Meghan would ever forget or discount or stop loving her father and would want that reflected in naming their first child.

Meghan just doesn't come across to me as one that would carry grudges. Besides, they shed horribly.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'm not even going to attempt godmother guesses.

But my godfather guesses are Charlie van Straubenzee, Mark Dyer, and Nick Jones.
I would say Markus Anderson would have a better chance than Nick Jones if we are going by Soho House crowd.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just don't see Thomas as part of any name at this point. Not after everything that has gone on.

I do expect something with Phillip and even Elizabeth in the name somewhere depending on gender of course !

LaRae
Old 10-15-2018, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

I would guess they will pick first names they like, not necessarily traditional.

Likely middle names for a girl: Diana, Elizabeth, Doria.

For a boy: Charles, Philip. I doubt her father’s side of the family will be so honored.

Margaret might be nice for a girl as a variant of Meghan, but I would guess she shares American tastes in naming. Maybe Adeline, Madeleine, Olivia, Ava, Lucas, Nicholas, etc.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:14 AM
Royal Highness

GIRL
Elizabeth Frances Doria
Henrietta Diana Rachel

BOY
Philip Charles Thomas
Charles Philip John
Old 10-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
If the media rumors are true that Skippy didn't get an invite to the Sussexes' evening reception, then he probably won't get a nod.
I haven't read anything about Skippy not being at the evening reception. It's just speculation that Skippy is being cut out because he's seen as a bad influence. However, that's just the periodic image media likes to paint of Meghan, so I have my doubts about that. Meghan was also seen hanging out with Inskips when they got married. I think both Harry and Skippy have grown quite a bit since Vegas.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Boy: Philip Alvin Charles
Other potential first names: Arthur, Alfred, Leopold (almost exclusively called Leo), Frederick, Alexander, Robert, Malcolm
Girl: Emma Diana Elizabeth
Other potential first names: Cecile/Cecilia, Eleanor/Nora, Alexandra, Amelia, Matilda, Helena, Isabella/Isabelle, Alice
(Personally I think the Queen and Diana will be honored with a firstborn daughter, with a secondborn getting more Ragland names, but if Meghan's family does get a nod it's likely Doria or Jeanette)
Old 10-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I would guess it's a baby girl! That way, Charles will have two grandsons and two granddaughters.

For names I don't know really, with William and Catherine was way easier since they are more traditional. But Harry was always revolutionary and Meghan looks to have a more modern approach. So maybe not a royal name for their child? They could surprise me and go for Mary or Victoria...but I don't believe so, I think they will go the same route as Peter and Autumn.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Courtier

For a girl:
Olive Elizabeth Diana
Violet Doria Alexandra
Alexandra Doria Diana

For a boy:
Oliver Phillip Charles
Samuel Arthur Phillip
Leo Charles Arthur

As for godparents...I'd never be able to guess them all but I think Princess Eugenie is a fairly safe bet. For some reason or other I don't really see them going the way of the Cambridges and avoiding siblings or spouses of siblings and I really wouldn't be all that surprised to see Catherine asked. I also wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Prince Seesio asked and certainly a cousin on the Spencer side. As for Meghan's friends...possibly Jessica Mulroney or Benita Litt.

Closed Thread