Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, one of my dates for the birth of the first twin has come and gone!

I need a rethink. ...
Baby twins - one born 19th March and the other born 2nd April.

Boy: John Charles Henry Barack
Barry Charles Richard
Girl: Felicity Margaret Rose Doria
Victoria Elizabeth Diana

I don't think they'll go too out there, but I'd love a Loïs or a Margot (nod to princess Margaret) for a girl. Leopold for a boy would also be awesome.

:previous:The is certainly a unique idea of twins-born two weeks apart.:ohmy:
I think that is pretty rare.

I don’t think it is twins, but April 2 and April 3 seems more possible than March 19 and April 2.

Today my guess is April 25.

If Meghan is slated to participate with @QueensComTrust to mark #IWD2019 (thanks JuliannaVictoria) on March 8th, I seriously doubt her due date and the expected arrival to be imminent at that time.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and predict the birth for March 24, 2019. That's four days into the early spring that we were told. :D

If Meghan is slated to participate with @QueensComTrust to mark #IWD2019 (thanks JuliannaVictoria) on March 8th, I seriously doubt her due date and the expected arrival to be imminent at that time.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and predict the birth for March 24, 2019. That's four days into the early spring that we were told. :D

Your due date estimate is close to mine. I'm thinking March 27th. I think the countdown for me will begin after the 21st.

I’m going to believe Meghan when she says she is due at the end of April and put my guess down for April 24th.

And I can tell you noting is more annoying to a pregnant woman than being 7 months pregnant and strangers coming up to you and saying ‘you must be due very soon, you’re huge’:bang:.

For a Son: Edwin Andrew Ian

For a Daughter: Adele Cecilia Diana

Based on what Meghan herself has said I'm going to say mid April thru the end of April.

LaRae

I am gonna say: In eight weeks:flowers:

Mid to late April. I hope April 24, a new royal baby to share my birthday :flowers:

I just hope they don't fall on one of their cousins' birthdays. Have their own day.

I don't want to see an April 1st birthday. Anything from then on to about end of the month is fine by me!

The Interweb is awash with rumours that the Duchess may be planning to bring up the child as 'Gender fluid'...
I doubt there is an iota of truth in this, but the very suggestion is damaging enough for the vast majority of the public..

'Thank God, William’s children are first in the line of succession', being the general reaction..

https://t.co/3dooMKWIzJ

Last edited:
The Interweb is awash with rumours that the Duchess may be planning to bring up the child as 'Gender fluid'...
I doubt there is an iota of truth in this, but the very suggestion is damaging enough for the vast majority of the public..

'Thank God, Prince William’s children are first in the line of succession', being the general reaction..

I saw that in a headline!
I don’t believe it and I think it originated with someone with a story idea since this is a trendy topic. Just jumping on the sensationalist bandwagon of stories about Meghan.
Now if the story was about being gender-neutral I would give it a lot more credence.

I also saw the headline and passed it right by. I just don't see Harry and Meghan doing "labels" of any kind when it comes to their children.

While I do believe that any child raised by Harry and Meghan will grow up in a household that sees and treats all people equally for who they are, these are two people bringing a child into the world that they will love no matter what the child's inclinations or interests in life may be. They will see their child as the unique individual that he/she is and do their best to provide a happy and healthy environment for their child.

In this matter, I'm going to swipe a motto from Harry's Invictus Games which I think encapsulates it all. "I AM". That's all that's needed. :D

I'm amending my earlier guesses... I originally thought twins but seeing has how Meghan has been traveling late in her pregnancy I'm discarding that. I'm still team girl and I think the baby will be born 4/28.

G. Name: Victoria Diana Jeanette (I also like Caroline Diana Jeanette)
B. Name: Vincent Charles Spencer

As for the gender fluid headlines. I believe Harry and Meghan will raise their child to be his/her authentic self whatever that may end up being.

It seems to stem from the rumor the nursery will be grey and white :ermm:

Since when is neutral 'gender fluid' :ohmy: Many couples choose not to go with the traditional blue for boy or pink for girl. Especially if you believe that they don't know the gender already of the baby.

I think people see 'fluid' as meaning they are going to call their child an it, and encourage them to choose their sex. I have heard people accuse liberals of raising their children to be trans, and forcing that on their kids. A pile of rubbish. See the outrage that Celine Dion released a gender neutral baby clothes line. This doesn't mean dresses for boys like some people think. Just gender neutral colors and themes. I love that. I wish when buying clothes for my niece I could find a cute outfit in dinosaurs for a little girl. She adores dinosaurs. But it seems all little girls should like princesses or fluffy animals, or unicorns.

I believe there is some truth to this. But not to the ridiculous extreme some press and readers take it to. If they have a daughter I see it as they will allow her to be herself. She wont always have to be in cute dresses, and be in traditional things like ballet, and playing with dolls, unless she wants to. The idea that a toys section in a store shouldn't have a 'girls' section and a boys section, but that kids should be able to choose whatever toy they want.

...the very suggestion is damaging enough for the vast majority of the public..

Well the suggestion is damaging enough to the majority that bother to comment online. Which is not the majority. The majority does not give a bean about the Sussexes. Trolls LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to comment online on the Sussexes. :bang:

:previous:your last paragraph is also describing gender neutral not gender fluid.

And I just read a denial from “the Palace” about the gender fluid story.

Wyevale OH was referring to my post (or I assume) and my last paragraph. Not about the article you posted. If someone hadn't posted quicker then OH, the arrows in their post would have been pointing at my response.

:previous:your last paragraph is also describing gender neutral not gender fluid.

And I just read a denial from “the Palace” about the gender fluid story.

Yes. But a lot of people seem to get the terms mixed up. It seems a lot of people take 'gender neutral' as to mean fluid. That saying you are not going to dress your kids in stereotypical colors, and allow them to play with any toy, means you will encourage them to choose their gender. As we see, this story of gender fluid has stemmed from a 'gender neutral' nursery.

Unfortunately there is a very alive backlash against what some people call the 'liberalist attack' on society.

Meghan is a feminist, so of course she will allow her kids to be cross-dressers and will call them IT to promote her agenda :bang: All because she doesn't want a blue or pink nursery.

Blah blah blah - Meghan is a lefty, feminazi whacko - blah blah blah. What utterly mind-numbingly, boring, snoring nonsense.

Those who raise children to be gender fluid are a teeny-weeny minority who get massively inflated media coverage. We all know that this generation of parents are actually raising their children to be either boys or girls as assigned at birth but not to be confined by outdated stereotypes for their sex. Hooray for them & well done to us (the grandparents like me & Doria & Diana) who raised this generation of parents to be who they are & not afraid to show emotion (boys) or leadership (girls) for example. They are proving themselves to be more rounded, less repressed humans & this generation of fathers especially are a delight to see with their children. High fives all round! :flowers:

Wyevale OH was referring to my post (or I assume) and my last paragraph. Not about the article you posted. If someone hadn't posted quicker then OH, the arrows in their post would have been pointing at my response.

Yes. But a lot of people seem to get the terms mixed up. It seems a lot of people take 'gender neutral' as to mean fluid. That saying you are not going to dress your kids in stereotypical colors, and allow them to play with any toy, means you will encourage them to choose their gender. As we see, this story of gender fluid has stemmed from a 'gender neutral' nursery.

Unfortunately there is a very alive backlash against what some people call the 'liberalist attack' on society.

Meghan is a feminist, so of course she will allow her kids to be cross-dressers and will call them IT to promote her agenda :bang: All because she doesn't want a blue or pink nursery.

Yes, thank you Countessmeout-I was referring to your post.

I agree, some are ignorant and others deliberately choose the term "gender fluid" to incite controversy. But a genderless nursery having any meaning other than they don't know whether they will have a son or daughter is ridiculous.

I think some still have strict suitable for boys or suitable for girls ideas, but many no longer believe, for example, that toys have strict gender suitability. Although trucks for girls are generally more accepted than dolls for boys.

Until such time that the Sussexes announce "Rainbow Daze" as a name and forbid people to ask the gender (which is a tiny, tiny minority of people who ever do that) we should treat it how we treat any other gossip. This is in the same toxic bin as the "oooh George's school does ballet for boys" reporting.

Last edited:
The Palace has officially rubished all that nonsense about the "fluidity of the gender" ! I think the Press invent anything to get headlines !

Just something else manufactured so they can clutch their pearls over it.

Supposedly since her baby shower was in neutral colors that somehow has turned into she and Harry are going to raise a gender neutral baby...silliest nonsense I've ever heard.

LaRae

Really sad that the palace actually had to make a statement on something so ridiculous :bang:

What do couples who don't know the gender of a baby do before its born? Not buy or decorate until then. Even if you know the gender beforehand, no reason not to go with a whole wide palate of colors beyond pink and blue.

Folks should know better than to listen to Katie Nicholl.

Harry and Meghan won't choose to bring up a baby as gender fluid.

Having some fun here, should they change their minds - which names would suit?

Vic Oakley True Maple
Darian Halo Red Markle
Justice Charlie Dale Ember
Sasha Atlantic Meadow Lex
Pip Liberty Lou Cotswold

Anita Singh from the Telegraph suggested that the whole "gender fluid" story is the result of Meghan is trying to smoke out a leaker. Unclear whether she actually thinks that or whether she's making a witty comment about how ridiculous the story is.

Anita Singh from the Telegraph suggested that the whole "gender fluid" story is the result of Meghan is trying to smoke out a leaker. Unclear whether she actually thinks that or whether she's making a witty comment about how ridiculous the story is.

I've been of the same train of thought. Meghan will do well to learn from Harry how to "smoke out" leakers to the press. Many of her friends are long time fiends going back 9-15-20 years, however, someone in her friend group is talking and she needs to find out who.

BTW...I'm glad that KP debunked the gender fluid story, but that doesn't stop the tabs from posting it and keeping it up on their websites (looking at you DM).

BTW...also, many parents do gender neutral (grey, yellow, green, etc) and let their children play with gender neutral toys. It really is a storm in a teacup. What I think this is showing us is that Harry and Meghan will tolerate lies printed about them, however, from the looks of it, they are going to be fiercely protective of their child/children and won't tolerate the press going after them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom