Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Madison Mary Diana for a girl and Prentice Alexander George for a boy?

Madison & Prentice for our future King's grandchildren? Seriously?

I don't see a name like Madison or Prentice. The child is going to be a British royal...

Madison & Prentice for our future King's grandchildren? Seriously?

These are suitably American names, to reflect their US and UK heritage.

The Queen has a great grandchild called Savannah.

Are you sure Prentice isn’t going to be bullied on the playground?

No, I am not sure that Prentice isn’t going to be bullied on the playground, just as I am not sure George is. That said, I am reasonably sure Charlotte will not be bullied.

Savannah doesn't have a title.

No, I am not sure that Prentice isn’t going to be bullied on the playground, just as I am not sure George is. That said, I am reasonably sure Charlotte will not be bullied.

I doubt George will, at least not for his name. Prentice as a name on the other hand...

I think they'll go with simple names for their children that won't have a connection to anyone else as in being named after or such. Something, perhaps like Jane for a girl and Jack for a boy.

How is that relevant?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but to me it would sound very strange to have the future Duke of Sussex with anything other than a traditionally British or royal first name (subsequent names don't matter that much).

Maybe I'm old fashioned but to me it would sound very strange to have the future Duke of Sussex with anything other than a traditionally British or royal first name (subsequent names don't matter that much).

I am not sure these things matter very much these days.

The queen has an untitled granddaughter who is a totally private citizen named Savannah. Baby Sussex is not in the same league.

Madison and Prentice scream preppy nouveau riche names, not royal grandkids.

I also highly doubt a son will share two names with George

Title or not, I just don't see Prentice from Harry and Meghan. I mean really. :lol:

'Prentice' or 'Madison' - VERY best laugh/snigger of today...

The queen has an untitled granddaughter who is a totally private citizen named Savannah. Baby Sussex is not in the same league.

Madison and Prentice scream preppy nouveau riche names, not royal grandkids.

I also highly doubt a son will share two names with George

Its possible, he might since they do use a lot of similar middle names, because part of royal naming is to honour other members of the family. Most of the queen's great granddaughters have Elizabeth.. There's Lena Eliz TIndal, Isla Elizabeth Phillips, Charlotte Eliz of Cambridge.. and W and Kate have given the name Louis to the new son, though its one of George's names.
However while they mgith put in an American sounding name as a second or third, I can't see them giving one as a first name..

'Prentice' or 'Madison' - VERY best laugh/snigger of today...

Top marks for getting there, that was very much the idea! ?

Title or not, I just don't see Prentice from Harry and Meghan. I mean really. :lol:

What a wonderful opportunity for Meghan to help modernise the monarchy :flowers:

Last edited:
why does she want to modernise the Monarchy. She is a junior worker in the Firm..... and a new one...

When has Meghan ever said that she wants to modernize the monarchy? I wish people would stop attributing the made up tabloid BS to Meghan!

Wouldn't giving the children American style first names be a big change? And a sign of modernising…

I would imagine that both Harry and Meghan would agree on the first name of their child whatever it will be. As this child will slip further down the line of succession, their parents have leeway to name their child what they want... including honoring the heritage of the child's mother.

I think they should be able to reach some kind of compromise.. a Bible name..would be acceptable even if a bit unusual...

I think they should be able to reach some kind of compromise.. a Bible name..would be acceptable even if a bit unusual...

There are several male names in the Bible that could be used for a Prince: Jacob, Joseph, Paul, Mark, Timothy.

in the biblical theme: although i'm notoriously bad at guessing babynames i would bet money on them not using "Judas" ?

i'd also sooner expect a name with royal history than biblical history

I would imagine that both Harry and Meghan would agree on the first name of their child whatever it will be. As this child will slip further down the line of succession, their parents have leeway to name their child what they want... including honoring the heritage of the child's mother.

That is correct. Baby Sussex is a long way down the line of succession, is unlikely to be an HRH at birth, and will probably have a career independent of the BRF. In these circumstances, if the parents so choose, they could well have American names honouring the mother's heritage. It was in this context, I have suggested Prentice or Madison as potential names.

There are several male names in the Bible that could be used for a Prince: Jacob, Joseph, Paul, Mark, Timothy.

Or Abraham, after Biblical Patriarch and Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President "The Great Emancipator":flowers:;)

:lol: I think Abraham is too old-fashioned and too much of a mouthful. You might as well say Ezekiel or Absalom, which also are old-fashioned. However, Meghan's first name is biblical: Rachel. So they could choose one of the names as Biblical but call the child by a nickname, such as Zeke, etc.

I'm still thinking the baby will be a girl, so I haven't thought much about boys names. As mentioned already, Timothy, Mark, Paul, Joseph, or perhaps Solomon (as in Song of, which verses they liked and used at their wedding) are all biblical possibilities.

I do think that the baby will be a girl but for the sake of discussion, all the male members of the royal family are named after family members/previous
Charles, William, Harry/Henry. Edward, James and George are named of former British kings.
Peter Philips, Prince Andrew and baby Louis are only male members who arent named after a king.

I do think that the baby will be a girl but for the sake of discussion, all the male members of the royal family are named after family members/previous
Charles, William, Harry/Henry. Edward, James and George are named of former British kings.
Peter Philips, Prince Andrew and baby Louis are only male members who arent named after a king.

Boith Prince Andrew and Prince Louis bear the names of former kings:

Andrew Albert Christian Edward

Louis Arthur Charles

That is correct. Baby Sussex is a long way down the line of succession, is unlikely to be an HRH at birth, and will probably have a career independent of the BRF. In these circumstances, if the parents so choose, they could well have American names honouring the mother's heritage. It was in this context, I have suggested Prentice or Madison as potential names.

How many Americans do you know have the name Prentice? Because this American doesn't and it's an odd and rare name for an American.

Prince Edward's daughter Louise was 8th in line at the time of her birth and she has very regal names (Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor).

Prentice - really??

Last edited:
Its possible, he might since they do use a lot of similar middle names, because part of royal naming is to honour other members of the family. Most of the queen's great granddaughters have Elizabeth.. There's Lena Eliz TIndal, Isla Elizabeth Phillips, Charlotte Eliz of Cambridge.. and W and Kate have given the name Louis to the new son, though its one of George's names.
However while they mgith put in an American sounding name as a second or third, I can't see them giving one as a first name..

If we were talking names like Philip and Charles I would agree. Close family members that it wouldn't be uncommon if they wanted to honor. But Alexander is a vague reference to Queen Victoria. And if they wanted to honor the queen's father, they could easily use Albert instead, his actual name. There are dozens of royal names to choose from without reusing two of George's three names. I also don't see them not honoring Meghan's family at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom