Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Alyce, Alison, Adeliz, Alissa, Aliz, Alisha .. yes, there are so many variants.
The classic Alice is sweet.

Instead of Amelia how about Emelia for a daughter?

We have all had a lot of fun try to guess names for the royal baby. To finish off how about some suggestions on WHAT NOT to call the little one. By the way, these are all English and Scottish names belonging to monarchs and consorts.

Baby girl Eadgyth Berengeria Ingibiorg Euphemia
Baby boy Ethelred Cerdic Guildford Macbeth.

I'd say anything starting with an S is a big no no

The legal last name would be Mountbatten-Windsor I think, not Sussex.

LaRae

One thing we can be 99.9% sure of is that if the child is a girl, she will *not* be named Samantha. ?

Perhaps not ...
Barack Oliver Dwayne Idi, Baron Kilkeel (or Earl of Dumbarton ??? How do Harry's titles work?)
Lady Sissy Samantha Cecilia Wallis of Sussex

Perhaps not ...
Barack Oliver Dwayne Idi, Baron Kilkeel (or Earl of Dumbarton ??? How do Harry's titles work?)

Earl of Dumbarton.:flowers:

Titles go from most senior down. If Harry has a son his son would be Earl Dumbarton. A grandson would be Baron Kilkeel.

Perhaps not ...

I would highly doubt Wallis would be in there!

My Guesses are:
~Nicholas Spencer Phillip, Earl of Dumbarton
~ Lady Amelia Frances Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor

We have all had a lot of fun try to guess names for the royal baby. To finish off how about some suggestions on WHAT NOT to call the little one. By the way, these are all English and Scottish names belonging to monarchs and consorts.

Baby girl Eadgyth Berengeria Ingibiorg Euphemia
Baby boy Ethelred Cerdic Guildford Macbeth.

This has been a fun idea.
It's interesting seeing old monarch and consorts' names.

Based on tongue twister tones, I guess also these would be out ..
Martin Barton Arnold Arthur Earl of Dumbarton
Lady Theresa May Mary Winsome Mountbatten Windsor
Lady Liberty Louise Loyce Leonora Mountbatton Windsor - Little Liberty Lou for short.

Countessmeout, thank you for the title explanation.
Might I ask, does Harry have a title that he uses just for when he is in Scotland?

Last edited:
in the *not* category:
Anything from the Jamie Oliver book of baby names :lol:

in the *not* category:
Anything from the Jamie Oliver book of baby names :lol:

As far as celebrity names go, his kids aren't too bad. Ok Petal, River and Buddy are, but Poppy and Daisy are quite cute and popular names. They would fit right in with many of the upper crust baby names.

Not that I think they will go way out of the box but still.

As far as celebrity names go, his kids aren't too bad. Ok Petal, River and Buddy are, but Poppy and Daisy are quite cute and popular names. They would fit right in with many of the upper crust baby names. .

Ok, you've got a point there, but i thought of their full names:
Poppy Honey Rosie
Daisy Boo Pamela
Petal Blossom Rainbow
Buddy Bear Maurice
River Rocket Blue Dallas
;)

Rosie in itself i think is cute though, i'd like that for the baby if i wasn't stuck on Doriana ?

Alright. This may be the hardest lol. The Cambridges were easy because we know they prefer more traditional names and they had to follow more rules when it came to naming their children. The Sussex' are different, they arent as limited. Also, enlight of the recent announcement of their choice to skip the public showing of the baby, i highly doubt the Queen will issue letters making the baby a HRH. Heres my guess.

Lord Augustus Henry Philip Charles, Earl of Dumbarton
Lady Alexandra Doria Diana Victoria Mountbatten Windsor

Guys this is was so hard lol.

Isn't Meghan's actual first name Rachel? Maybe that will be a name for a girl.

I can see them steering clear of Diana - William and Kate used it for a middle name for Charlotte. Instead I think using Frances or Spencer would be nice middle names

Awe I had it right up there with Princess Berengaria or Boedicia :whistling:

Now that you mention it, I'd love to see Boedicia as a middle name for a BRF girl. Specifically as a middle name only, though! A reference to someone really kickass and strong from their tradition, but not to the point of being saddled with it every day.

Now that you mention it, I'd love to see Boedicia as a middle name for a BRF girl. Specifically as a middle name only, though! A reference to someone really kickass and strong from their tradition, but not to the point of being saddled with it every day.
It would be interesting - and humorous - to see how badly "Boudicca" would be mis-pronounced. For a long time, it was spelled "Boadicea" (or something like it) and pronounced "BOW-ah-di-say-a" when in fact the Iceni name is now more correctly spelled as "Boudicca" (meaning "Victory") and pronounced "BOO-di-kah." Many news outlets in the US still can't pronounced Eugenie's name correctly - even after showing the vows at her wedding and hearing HER pronounce her name! :lol: (Instead of the correct "YOO -zha-nee" it's still usually "Yoo-JEEN-ee") And don't even get me started on Prince Louis...

I would highly doubt Wallis would be in there!

My Guesses are:
~Nicholas Spencer Phillip, Earl of Dumbarton
~ Lady Amelia Frances Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor

Telimena, I like Nicholas for a boy's first name. There have not been a lot of Nicholases in the British Royal Family.

I like the name Adam. Don’t think it’s a tradition royal family name, and completely out of left field. But maybe a middle name?

Telimena, I like Nicholas for a boy's first name. There have not been a lot of Nicholases in the British Royal Family.

Likely because the BRF, in the main line at least, tends to stick to more traditional family names. And there isn't a history of Nicholas in the BRF. In other royal families yes, but not the BRF.

The one member who has it is Lord Nicholas Windsor. He was named in honor of his paternal great-grandfather, Princess Marina's father Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark. Prince Nicholas was Philip's paternal Uncle, but I don't see them honoring him.

Likely because the BRF, in the main line at least, tends to stick to more traditional family names. And there isn't a history of Nicholas in the BRF. In other royal families yes, but not the BRF.

The one member who has it is Lord Nicholas Windsor. He was named in honor of his paternal great-grandfather, Princess Marina's father Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark. Prince Nicholas was Philip's paternal Uncle, but I don't see them honoring him.
I also like the name Nicholas. In addition to a great-uncle it was the name of Philip's great-great-grandfather, Emperor Nicholas I of Russia. Or maybe they could go with Paul, the name of Nicholas I's father, Emperor Paul.

Last edited:
I like the name Adam. Don’t think it’s a tradition royal family name, and completely out of left field. But maybe a middle name?
Well, it's a bit of a stretch, but Prince Philip did have a 17th century ancestor named Adam Wollenschlager, through his great grandmother Julia Princess of Battenberg. [emoji3]

I really don't know what to expect about this baby, regarding name and godparents. I don't think they will choose a traditional first name, so it's like shooting in the dark. I don't expect they use Elizabeth and Diana again, but it will be nice if finally someone pick Alice.
Even if I think it won't be chosen, here my suggestions:
Boy - Cristopher Henry Philip
Girl - Alice Doria Frances or Augusta Mary Frances

I also like the name Nicholas. In addition to a great-uncle it was the name of Philip's great-great-grandfather, Emperor Nicholas I of Russia. Or maybe they could go with Paul, the name of Nicholas I's father, Emperor Paul.

there are like 100 Nicholases in other RF's at this time alone...I can't see it somehow....

there are like 100 Nicholases in other RF's at this time alone...I can't see it somehow....

I agree but in many royal families that doesn't seem to be a reason not to use a certain name. For example the Swedish RF with Leonore (while we already had a Leonore in the Netherlands, a Leonor in Spain and an Eleonore in Belgium), Alexander (Netherlands; and several Alexandras in various countries), Nicholas (Belgium) and Gabriel (Belgium and Luxembourg; and a Gabriella in among others Monaco). But closer to home the name Louis (Luxembourg, Monaco; and Louise in the UK and Belgium).

In addition, the potential future GD of Luxembourg being given the same name is her potential future colleague in the Netherlands. Felix in Luxembourg and Denmark. We also see several Alberts in the older generation etc.

What about Sebastian or Juliet?
Both classics, but not (over) used in royal circles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom