Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But when will that be?
It was said when Charles married Diana that they wanted Clarence House, but the Queen Mother lived there...and lived there, and lived there! It seemed like forever!
If the current Queen has the same longevity, William had better not count on getting Clarence House any time soon!

Nobody knows when Charles will become King.
Until Charles becomes King, and Clarence House becomes available, there are other places.
This is a thread for Harry remember, I probably suggested Clarence as a house for him.

but when will that be?
It was said when charles married diana that they wanted clarence house, but the queen mother lived there...and lived there, and lived there! It seemed like forever!
If the current queen has the same longevity, william had better not count on getting clarence house any time soon!

long live the queen!!!

If William & Kate decide on remaining in his Clarence House apartment..where will Harry live..............he can't remain living with the married couple

Why not. W & C have been living together for quite some time now, so a honeymoon year or two is kind of moot, plus Harry is away most of the time.

I would love to see the inside of Clarence House. Is that possible? I mean by pictures of course. Won't try to break in!

I would love to see the inside of Clarence House. Is that possible? I mean by pictures of course. Won't try to break in!

If I am notmistaken, the building and gardens are opened to the public from time to time.

Clarence House opening hours:

4 August - 4 September 2011

Monday - Friday 10:00 to 16:00; Saturday/sunday 10 to 17:30

Entry by timed ticket, guided tour.

There's also a combined visit of Clarence House and Buckingham Palace...

What about Kennsington palace and Balmoral - can you visit those too>

So now Kate and William have their little house at KP does that mean Harry has Clarence house mostly to himself. It was my understanding they had their own apartments along with Prince Charles. When Charles eventually moves to BP then it may go to William. I thought they were emptying out KP but it still seems fairly full. Why not Frogmore? That is a great place and it would suit Harry.

What about Kennsington palace and Balmoral - can you visit those too>

You can visit both. The State rooms at KP are beautiful and they also have the room where Queen Victoria was born open all the time. KP is open pretty much every day of the year and you don't need to book ahead of time (at least I have never done so).

At Balmoral, when the Queen isn't in residence you can visit but I think it is only the ballroom that is open.

Last edited:
So now Kate and William have their little house at KP does that mean Harry has Clarence house mostly to himself. It was my understanding they had their own apartments along with Prince Charles. When Charles eventually moves to BP then it may go to William. I thought they were emptying out KP but it still seems fairly full. Why not Frogmore? That is a great place and it would suit Harry.

William and Harry had an apartment at CH that they shared. The majority of the house is still the home of Charles and Camilla.

Presumably when Charles becomes King William or Harry will move permanently into CH but if William is really settled at KP he mightn't want to move, knowing that he will have to move again to go into BP. CH might even become the home of Harry outright, Philip if he outlives the Queen or even be handed over to the nation if there is no one willing or able to move in.

William and Harry had an apartment at CH that they shared. The majority of the house is still the home of Charles and Camilla.

Presumably when Charles becomes King William or Harry will move permanently into CH but if William is really settled at KP he mightn't want to move, knowing that he will have to move again to go into BP. CH might even become the home of Harry outright, Philip if he outlives the Queen or even be handed over to the nation if there is no one willing or able to move in.

IMO, CH is the most "senior" royal home in London after BP. I suspect that once Charles is King, W&C will move there. Once Harry outgrows the apartment at CH, I am sure suitable accommodation will be fond for him at either BP, KP or St .

Huh? So he's going to move from CH to BP? I'd call BP the most senior royal home and CH the second. I don't see him moving out of CH, it's his london base, William and Catherine have KP.

Huh? So he's going to move from CH to BP? I'd call BP the most senior royal home and CH the second. I don't see him moving out of CH, it's his london base, William and Catherine have KP.

IMO, CH is the most "senior" royal home in London after BP. I suspect that once Charles is King, W&C will move there. Once Harry outgrows the apartment at CH, I am sure suitable accommodation will be fond for him at either BP, KP or St .

1) Perhaps you did not notice that I said that CH was the senior most London home after BP

2) It is a reasonable possibility that when Harry outgrows CH and if Charles is still not King, Harry moves to an apartment at BP, no different from Andrew and Edward

Last edited:
I presume you mean when he outgrows CH?
Well I see CH being Harry's London base with Highgrove as his personal home. Just like Anne has Gatcombe Park, Andrew had The Royal Lodge and Edward has Bagshot Park.

I presume you mean when he outgrows CH?

Thats correct, I have corrected my post.

Well I see CH being Harry's London base with Highgrove as his personal home. Just like Anne has Gatcombe Park, Andrew had The Royal Lodge and Edward has Bagshot Park.

I suspect Harry will continue to live at the apartment at CH for the next few years. Once he is married and possibly has children, he may need more room, and may then be provided a London apartment at either KP, SJP or BP. I would be surprised if William and Catherine did not move to Clarence House once William was Duke of Cornwall.

As regards a country property for Harry, I suspect there are a number of options. Highgrove is a possibility, but since it is owned by the Duchy, it may be reserved for William (at least till William becomes King). Harry may well be provided something on the Windsor estate, Frogmore or the property in Herefordshire (also owned by the Duchy).

Won't Harry be living in military housing, since he's going to be in the army for awhile? I assumed he'd be doing that or, like William, buying a house near where his training will be. Anyway, I'd read that he was going to be coming to the US for awhile to do some military training this year.

Won't Harry be living in military housing, since he's going to be in the army for awhile? I assumed he'd be doing that or, like William, buying a house near where his training will be. Anyway, I'd read that he was going to be coming to the US for awhile to do some military training this year.

Yes, Harry will (and does) live in military housing, but does need a place in London for when he is off duty. In time, he will probably need a place in the country as well for time off-duty

.....or, like William, buying a house near where his training will be.

William and Catherine are renting a property, they have not bought it.

Thinking of Harry and the years ahead and residences, the one scenario pops into my head. I can see him arriving for the weekend at Will and Kate's home with kids running out the door screaming "Yay!! Uncle Harry's here!!".

As close as William and Harry are and the way Harry has with children, he's bound to be a very well beloved uncle. I really don't think Harry will maintain an "estate" kind of home until the time comes that he wishes to marry and start his own family. Once he does, I think we're going to see two close knit families where the kids are close as good friends with each other. Those summers at Balmoral will be great.

What a lovely account of things to come, and the "Summers at Balmoral" scenario :)

Personally I think Harry will remain living at Kensington Palace now. I think if he needs more room once/if he marries and has kids then he will move into a larger apartment within Kensington Palace a and when they become available. For now his 1 bedroom apartment is fine until he moves into the small cottage W&K live in.
I can't see Harry moving into Clarence House, I just don't think its very him but who knows years from now. Personally I wouldn't be at all surprised if W&K live in Clarence House rather than Buckingham Palace when they become King and Queen while Harry remains at Kensington Palace with a possible country home (Highgrove most likely).

Didn't Harry previously live at Clarence House? I don't see how a house can't be "very him" when he's lived their for numerous years before.
As for moving in with his brother and sister in law? Bit too clingy much?

There is no chance that William and Catherine will live at Clarence rather than BP when they become King and Queen. Buckingham Palace is the home of The Monarch.

Didn't Harry previously live at Clarence House? I don't see how a house can't be "very him" when he's lived their for numerous years before.
As for moving in with his brother and sister in law? Bit too clingy much?

There is no chance that William and Catherine will live at Clarence rather than BP when they become King and Queen. Buckingham Palace is the home of The Monarch.

What I meant by not very him is that its an extremely big house and I just don;t think that's very Harry, remember he has just moved into a 1 bedroom apartment in Kensington Palace. I just thing if given the choice Harry would prefer something smaller for him and his family. Also there is a difference from living with your father in his house and choosing that house for yourself.
As for moving in to Buckingham Palace it is said the Queen asked not to have to move into Buckingham Palace and instead stay at Clarence House but was overruled by Winston Churchill, it has been said Charles would prefer to likewise remain at Clarence House whilst using BP for official dinners, state visits and the like in the same way many other European Royals do. Its not out of the realms of possibility that W&C would not move into BP, I think they would prefer to stay in a house they can much more easily call their own with more privacy (Something William in particular craves) rather than living "above the shop"

Last edited:
Prince Harry's future house

In which place (castle, manor, estate, etc) do you think Prince Harry will live when he marries and have children? Prince Edward por example, moved to Bagshot Park.

I think he will probably live in Frogmore House.

I would agree that would be a good choice. Close enough to London, and he and the family dont have to live at 'Granny's'.

Clarence House or Kensington is the most obvious to me.

Clarence House is a huge expenditure for someone 3rd in line to the throne, without a huge Duchy of Cornwall type income. Though I guess it had that major redo when Camilla moved in after her divorce, so it probably needs far less updating than Frogmore would.

Well I don't see who else is going to live in it. When HM passes, Charles will be at BP whereas William will be at Kensington or in his new cottage. Everyone else has homes in the royal family whereas Harry can't live with his brother forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom