Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the pictures. You can feel the love between them and they radiate warmth.

I want to see Royals, not actors from "the young and the restless".
The Cambridges nailed it ... and Kate didn't have to parade in a ballgown in her garden.
Again, my two cents ...

I guess it depends on your view of "Royals" (or how they and their countenance should be). Let me guess, are you old school?

And actors from The Young and the Restlesss? I find Harry a handsome guy, but he wouldn't qualify for such a thing. And good for him.
Meghan's background does happen to be acting and she is used to some of the things that came with it. I think it would be unreasonable to expect her to suddenly "play stupid" now that she's engaged to Harry. If she would people would accuse her of being insincere.

But kudos for finding at least something positive with a couple that clearly isn't to your liking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy to see that they've released their engagement photos. My favorite is the black and white close up.?

They look very happy and stunning. Make no mistake folks, Harry isn’t marrying down, he’s marrying up indeed.

I guess it depends on your view of "Royals" (or how they and their countenance should be). Let me guess, are you old school?

And actors from The Young and the Restlesss? I find Harry a handsome guy, but he wouldn't qualify for such a thing. And good for him.
Meghan's background does happen to be acting and she is used to some of the things that came with it. I think it would be unreasonable to expect her to suddenly "play stupid" now that she's engaged to Harry. If she would people would accuse her of being insincere.

But kudos for finding at least something positive with a couple that clearly isn't to your liking.

Is it possible to have a different opinion or what ?
If you want to jump in the "Princess Diary" bandwagon that's your privilege.
At least don't forget to suscribe to the "Hallmark Channel", bet you'll enjoy it...

I like all three of Meghan and Harry's pics but the more informal one is also my favorite here too.

I think these two are just very charismatic and glamorous naturally. Other members of the BRF are not so their photos are more staid.

These pics kind of evoke Princess Anne's engagement photos in the 70s with the glamour.

Harry and Meghan's formal photo..... you can almost feel that he's head over heels with her. And she is proud to become his wife.
The informal one I also like, she wrapped in his coat which makes it look like they are in their own bubble...:wub:

They are indeed very charismatic and glamorous, they have that spark that I look for in people - royal or not.

If you know Lainey, that's not a mixed review. She's basically saying it's different than traditional and rock on. :lol: I know some sees comments like being traditional as a diss, but some of us don't. Based on the source of that comment here, it's definitely a compliment. :lol:

I’ll take take my royal engagement photos traditional and in a frame rather than ‘fragrance add’ and in a glossy magazine any day.

I think Meghan’s choice of dress and photos highlight the cultural divide between Hollywood and Britain’s staid royal family.

Meghan still has a lot to learn imo

Harry and Meghan's formal photo..... you can almost feel that he's head over heels with her. And she is proud to become his wife.
The informal one I also like, she wrapped in his coat which makes it look like they are in their own bubble...:wub:

They are indeed very charismatic and glamorous, they have that spark that I look for in people - royal or not.

Harry is smoldering in the formal photo. I was a little taken aback lol (in a good way). His charisma actually outshines Meghan's in that one.

The jacket pose just reaffirms my belief (in addition to his actions at the walkabout and the statement last year) that he is fiercely protective of Meghan. That is a positive.

At least don't forget to suscribe to the "Hallmark Channel", bet you'll enjoy it...

Certainly it is possible to have a different opinion, my question about you being old-school was out of interest - not to call you out on it.
The rest was pure elaboration on my view - just as you gave an elaboration on your view. But thanks, I know enough now. The last part of your post isn't even worth responding to.

Very happy to see that they've released their engagement photos. My favorite is the black and white close up.?

You read my mind! It's a beautiful picture, so intimate.

Of course your opinion is very valid and you've stated why you have that opinion and I don't think you're alone with it.

BTW: Hubby and I both enjoy both Hallmark channels. We prefer happy, sappy and even sometimes, crappy "feel good" movies and shows. We also enjoy movies like "Frozen". Beats all the sex and violence and reality shows that abound on other channels. But that's just us. :D

I’ll take take my royal engagement photos traditional and in a frame rather than ‘fragrance add’ and in a glossy magazine any day.

I think Meghan’s choice of dress and photos highlight the cultural divide between Hollywood and Britain’s staid royal family.

I agree that she has a lot to learn to adjust to the British royal fishbowl but I sincerely hope that she never, ever loses who she really is. She's unique unto herself and that's the woman Harry fell in love with.

It’s best to allow Meghan be Meghan. Learn from the past!

I have to agree with you on this one. She’ll have a curb and adjust but I think that’s normal. No role, new life, new country, etc.

It has been hours and Harry and Meghan are still trending on twitter. Kind of amazing how much interest they are getting.

You can feel the love Harry and Meghan have for each other ooze through those photos. They are glowing and happy.

Harry is smoldering in the formal photo. I was a little taken aback lol (in a good way). His charisma actually outshines Meghan's in that one.

The jacket pose just reaffirms my belief (in addition to his actions at the walkabout and the statement last year) that he is fiercely protective of Meghan. That is a positive.

I can only say that I agree with this. Harry *has* something in that formal picture and you describe what it is.

Also about the second picture "touch her and you touch me". I can't find the English word for it, but in Dutch we say "twee-eenheid". A couple that is totally in sync with each other.

Love the engagement photos of the beautiful couple. It looks like a Vogue magazine shoot.

I love all the photographs - especially the colour shot - I've never seen Harry look so utterly contented, relaxed and in love like that! There's certain "007" about him!

I love all the photographs - especially the colour shot - I've never seen Harry look so utterly contented, relaxed and in love like that! There's certain "007" about him!

He has definitely grown into a settled and confident man in his own right, hasn't he?

Look, for those expecting her to drop all glamour are just being unreasonable here. She's a beautiful and charismatic woman. Forget about the dress for a second, even in the sweater shot, it looked good enough to be an ad done by a professional model. At the end of the day, it's not going to be plain. She's beautiful and glamorous and charismatic, and she shouldn't have to dilute it or apologize for it.

Exactly. She's glamorous. That's who she is. No need to pretend otherwise. Good grief. Personally I'd be giving her the side eye if she started acting/looking completely different all of the sudden. (And others would be too. They'd be calling her fake and phony. Funnily they are still calling her fake and phony and she's acting like herself. Can't win) I have a feeling people are going to have years of "outrage" ahead of them where she is concerned. Which is why it is so important that she has a clear understanding of who she is, because everyone else is going to have an opinion on who she "should" be.

I like the photos. They look like a fragrance ad? Great! Fragrance ads are beautiful. And romantic. And I would think engagement photos can be romantic. I especially love the black and white close up. The joy on their faces is apparent.

I'm encouraged so far that maybe, just maybe, the British Royal Family won't suck all the life out of Meghan. I think if anyone can figure out how to work within the confines of the BRF, while keeping some semblance of personality and individuality (even a small sliver) it will be her. Fingers crossed!

I'm encouraged so far that maybe, just maybe, the British Royal Family won't suck all the life out of Meghan. I think if anyone can figure out how to work within the confines of the BRF, while keeping some semblance of personality and individuality (even a small sliver) it will be her. Fingers crossed!

I don't think it's that the Royal Family expect people to remove all sense of personality, it's just that they prefer it to be kept locked behind closed doors for the most part so that it appears as a team effort with only one star turn - Her Majesty. It is a difficult balance of course but we've seen what happens when people get a little too much to handle. But in this instance, I think that Meghan's role and the way Prince Harry interacts with the public will allow Meghan to keep what's essentially "her" whilst still doing her best to fit in with what is expected. She'll do it well I'm sure.

He has definitely grown into a settled and confident man in his own right, hasn't he?

Yup, it’s been touching to watch him find happiness at last as well.

I love love love the engagement photos. I absolutely adore the glamour Meghan went for, she IS a glamorous woman and won't pretend otherwise. I am in awe of how in love these two look, how happy and content they look.

People I think conflate the current Queen's preferences and personality with what *must* be true of royals. But that is simply *her* way of doing things. The family follows her lead, but the Queen has shown and learned to let folks be and to carve our their own roles for themselves. I imagine Meghan will have some adjustments to make and will make some mistakes, but ultimately if she puts her mind to it (and everything we have seen from her shows she is the kind of person who indeed will), she has the potential (with Harry) to be quiet the awesome and history making pair for the BRF, in a good way!

These pictures, EVEN with their glamour feel true to the couple to me and that is ultimately why I think they are getting such an amazing reception. Their love is so real.

Harry has accomplished a great deal for himself and he is marrying an independent career woman who has also accomplished a great deal for herself. They are charismatic and warm people---that doesn't have anything to do with their positions in the RF but is just who they are. I hope that inner joy continues to grow and shine out.

Last edited:
That's exactly my thoughts on it too. They look like perfume ads. All that's missing is an "Eternity by Calvin Klein" logo at the bottom.

You put into words exactly what I was thinking!

The pics are gorgeous. I love Harry's smoulder and the black and white closeup of them is just romantic!

Didn't know it was possible but now, I'm even more excited for the wedding. :D

I agree with someone who wrote that the pictures look like a fragrance ad or some photoshoot for a fashion/celebrity magazine.

It's just too much. I don't wanna see an actress, I wanna see a future BRF member and this thingy is not doing it for me. Maybe it would look better if they'd coordinated their clothing?

But! It's good to see Harry being that happy and content and in love as he is and the photos show that perfectly. I especially liked the "wrap her in my coat gesture". It's cute, it shows intimacy and love and protectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom