Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love love love the photos! I never like Mario Testino's photos because the people look so flat. His protege has passed the master!

I also like how mature Harry looks in the pix. To paraphrase Tammy in Tammy and the Doctor, "He seems like a man 'fully growed'

I also think this couple are very much in love and in tune with each other yet I see something strange, Meghan is dressed to go out for an evening in a great looking dress and Harry has the same ole blue suit like he wears to events or to work........not very well coordinated here. He could of at least changed into that suit he wore with William to see Star-wars recently if I remember right. Please correct me if I am thinking of another suit he wore recently....:lol:Meghan needs to pick out his clothes from now one.......?
I think his suit isn’t fine. Even if Meghan is in a dress, he doesn’t necessarily need to be in a tux. That would’ve actually been too much for a daytime shoot.

Georgia’s photos. And obviously very in love.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't honesty think that Harry has only ONE blue suit do you? Horror of horrors, he may have half a dozen of the wretched things!

I just about think the second is okay but the other two just don’t do it for me. It looks like a photo shoot for vogue, especially with the dress. I’ll be in the minority but oh well!

Amazing photos.The couple look so much in love:flowers:

I have to agree with the poster who said this looked like a photo shoot for Vogue rather than engagement pictures for the BRF.

Reactions: Fem
I love Harry & Meghan’s Engagement pictures! They are so beautiful & warm. Both of them look so in love. And I think Meghan looks gorgeous in the Ralph and Russo gown.

Harry & Meghan’s thoughtfulness is amazing. They used a British born photographer, Alexi Lubomirski, who grew up in Botswana and is descended from Polish royalty. It all ties so neatly in with Harry & Meghan’s love story.

I actually don't care a bit about the clothes. I just adore the fact that they look so very happy and not at all uncomfortable to be touching and smiling at each other. Happy genuine engagement photos. May they stay this happy for years to come.

They look classy and happy and dare I say--Hollywood?

I also really love the third picture released too! Harry looks so grown in these. Very handsome indeed.

I also really love the third picture released too! Harry looks so grown in these. Very handsome indeed.

One interesting thing from KP twitter is that the third one is actually a candid photo from the shoot. Good to see both posed and candid shots from the day.

Cheesy as hell ...
This semi-celebrity style was expected, i suppose.
It's a bit cringy let's face it, but they do look happy.

I don't like the standing/walking photo I think it looks awkward. I love the first two!

LaRae

I don't like the standing/walking photo I think it looks awkward. I love the first two!

LaRae

That one was a candid. Not a posed. They are probably in the middle of joke and that's the second that got captured.

That one was a candid. Not a posed. They are probably in the middle of joke and that's the second that got captured.

Probably so...but I wouldn't of picked it for release.

LaRae

Probably so...but I wouldn't of picked it for release.

LaRae

It's a behind the scene photo the released as a thank you for all the well wishes they received upon the release of the official engagement pictures.

Although, I just noticed something. Based on the height difference in the third photo, I'd love to see what kind of shoes Meghan is wearing underneath that dress. I went back and looked at the photocall they did at KP, and she was up to his eye level. It wouldn't surprised me a bit if she wore flat boots underneath for comfort and warmth. I'm having a moment where in the movies, the princess wears a ball gown, but have tennis shoes under the dress. :lol:

I think both pictures are great. Beautifully composed and it doesn't feel like they're too much posed. They both look great. What a lovely couple they make.

I agree. Very nice!

I actually don't care a bit about the clothes. I just adore the fact that they look so very happy and not at all uncomfortable to be touching and smiling at each other. Happy genuine engagement photos. May they stay this happy for years to come.

AMEN To That ?

Cheesy as hell ...
This semi-celebrity style was expected, i suppose.
It's a bit cringy let's face it, but they do look happy.

What did you actually want to see? At least you acknowledge that they do look happy, that's something.

Wow... the photos have been released and plenty of posts to read through and get through my first cup of coffee of the day.

As I'm not really that interested in fashion, the main thing I zeroed in on was their faces. What I saw was sheer happiness, devotion to each other and a closeness between the two of them that was an expression of a very deep intimacy with each other. They're all "us" photos and not "him and her" photos.

Beautiful photos of a very beautiful and in love couple. :D

It's a behind the scene photo the released as a thank you for all the well wishes they received upon the release of the official engagement pictures.

Although, I just noticed something. Based on the height difference in the third photo, I'd love to see what kind of shoes Meghan is wearing underneath that dress. I went back and looked at the photocall they did at KP, and she was up to his eye level. It wouldn't surprised me a bit if she wore flat boots underneath for comfort and warmth. I'm having a moment where in the movies, the princess wears a ball gown, but have tennis shoes under the dress. :lol:

Remember the Vogue photo with Meghan in a ball gown with bare feet?

That being said the first two pictures are lovely, But i admit that second one with the coat is the one that really touched me, and left me a bit emotionally raw and dare I say envious and desiring what they have.- which is something I never felt for a famous couple, or any couple. Could be them, could be a result of what my life is right now as opposed to the past, could be a combo of both, either way that coat pic is just... love personified!!! I love it.

Kinda feels like a fragrance ad.

What did you actually want to see? At least you acknowledge that they do look happy, that's something.

I want to see Royals, not actors from "the young and the restless".
The Cambridges nailed it ... and Kate didn't have to parade in a ballgown in her garden.
Again, my two cents ...

Reactions: Fem
I know you guys love Lainey. She gives the photos mixed reviews.

What was asked of Mario, however, was traditional. Will and Kate’s portraits now, looking back, are proper portraits. They belong in a picture frame. Harry and Meghan, on the other hand, have gone editorial. These images are meant for glossy paper, in a magazine. Or a fragrance ad. They’re leaning right in to Meghan’s background, as an actress, as a celebrity. If she’s that good at it, why not?

One more note about these shots? Harry’s hair. They’ve done a great job making it look full, especially across the top.

Read more: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle engagement photos belong in a fragrance ad

Kinda feels like a fragrance ad.

That's exactly my thoughts on it too. They look like perfume ads. All that's missing is an "Eternity by Calvin Klein" logo at the bottom.

Look, for those expecting her to drop all glamour are just being unreasonable here. She's a beautiful and charismatic woman. Forget about the dress for a second, even in the sweater shot, it looked good enough to be an ad done by a professional model. At the end of the day, it's not going to be plain. She's beautiful and glamorous and charismatic, and she shouldn't have to dilute it or apologize for it.

Last edited:
I like all three of Meghan and Harry's pics but the more informal one is also my favorite here too.

I think these two are just very charismatic and glamorous naturally. Other members of the BRF are not so their photos are more staid.

These pics kind of evoke Princess Anne's engagement photos in the 70s with the glamour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom