Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Protocol in regards to what specifically? The wedding? The Archbishop of C extended warm congrats today and indicated they would be getting married in the Church (before God was the wording) and I'm sure he'll be the one officiating too.

They can have whatever wedding they want to have. It's up to them.

LaRae

I was thinking that since she's divorced, Meghan won't have a big fat royal wedding like Catherine's. I was wondering if there was a protocol for that.:flowers:

I was thinking that since she's divorced, Meghan won't have a big fat royal wedding like Catherine's. I was wondering if there was a protocol for that.:flowers:

Maybe years ago they would of been required to do something small and discreet but not now. They can pretty much plan the wedding they want.

LaRae

The being divorced angle really doesn't figure into anything much these days. They will have a wedding befitting of the grandson of the Monarch and son of the heir to the throne.

There's nothing really to take away from this wedding being anything but exactly how this couple wish it to be. I don't think we'll be disappointed one little bit.

I'm not surprised to hear the rumor that Meghan will be at Sandringham for the Christmas holidays but I seriously doubt that she will be attending the Christmas Eve festivities and join the family for the walk to the church in the morning.

My guess is that William and Kate may have invited Meghan and her parents to stay for the holidays at Anmer Hall. Then the Markles and the Windsors can come to know each other better. Just not at the exclusively family only events on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I could be wrong but that's what seems logical to me. :D

You're probably right, I would gather. It's hard to imagine that Harry would leave her sitting home alone during that time. So being with William and Kate makes good sense. ?

Rebecca English is reporting that Guy is in UK and Bogart is with friends. Hopefully it’s obly a temporary situation.

She also reported that she was able to confirm both of Meghan’s parents are Protestant.

Meghan confirmed in the interview that Bogart is with a good friend. My guess is he is too old/infirm to deal with the flight and move.

LaRae

You're probably right, I would gather. It's hard to imagine that Harry would leave her sitting home alone during that time. So being with William and Kate makes good sense. ?

Especially since it was made clear today she has established a relationship with them that seems very good.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan confirmed in the interview that Bogart is with a good friend. My guess is he is too old/infirm to deal with the flight and move.

LaRae
Hmm, I thought she didn’t mention a name? And Bogart is about 7, he should still be ok. :(

:previous: I was gonna say Meghan confirmed this in the interview but I'm not sure she mentioned names.

So when do you guys think their official engagement photos will be released? I think Will and Kate's were released about a week after the announcement?

Last edited:
She didn't mention names...some of the media speculated since she and her ex-husband 'shared custody' of him perhaps he had to be left there.

As far as his health, he may have health issues not related to age. She hasn't said anything specific (yet).

LaRae

I'm not surprised to hear the rumor that Meghan will be at Sandringham for the Christmas holidays but I seriously doubt that she will be attending the Christmas Eve festivities and join the family for the walk to the church in the morning.

My guess is that William and Kate may have invited Meghan and her parents to stay for the holidays at Anmer Hall. Then the Markles and the Windsors can come to know each other better. Just not at the exclusively family only events on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I could be wrong but that's what seems logical to me. :D

I agree with Osipi. I will be surprised if Meghan joins the BRF at Sandringham but Anmer is a real possibility. We'll see in due time.

I fully expect to see her photograph arriving at the Queen's Christmas Luncheon though!

The news and reactions to it are entertaining. The enlightened westerns seem to love the Cinderella stories.
It is nice that there are royal houses that prefer to stick to the traditions.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle!

Congratulations to the future princess and duchess!

I just watched the engagement interview. Wow. I'm so pleasantly surprised, and i was already expecting it to be great. What a wonderful interview. They were both charming, engaging, sounded not rehearsed, but realistic and natural. They both are so in love, appreciative and supportive of each other. Harry was so complimentary of Meghan without sounding cheesy. It was funny, how almost every little piece of info 'leaked' about them seems to be wrong. And they've managed to be even more under the radar, more secretive and private than I ever thought possible. I more than loved the interview. Well done, Harry and Meghan!

The news and reactions to it are entertaining. The enlightened westerns seem to love the Cinderella stories.
It is nice that there are royal houses that prefer to stick to the traditions.

Ah dear Al Bina i was dying to see your reaction !
As usual, i'm not disapointed :flowers:

It was funny, how almost every little piece of info 'leaked' about them seems to be wrong. And they've managed to be even more under the radar, more secretive and private than I ever thought possible. I more than loved the interview. Well done, Harry and Meghan!

Either the 'leaking' was tests of 'friends' confidentiality or simply made up by some reporter and picked up by others without any vetting.

Yes, them speaking about visiting with so many of Harry's family and seeing each other at least every two weeks. And no one knew! Not too long ago there was a debate around here as to whether Meghan had even met W & K. From what they said I think she's more than just met them.?

Even though it is always risky to compare royal families, you might want to check out the wedding of king Felipe of Spain (then prince of Asturias) with the divorced Letizia Ortiz.

The main difference is that William is a future king and Harry isn't, so that will be reflected in the guest list and probably in the location; and also in not having a bank holiday.

The being divorced angle really doesn't figure into anything much these days. They will have a wedding befitting of the grandson of the Monarch and son of the heir to the throne.

There's nothing really to take away from this wedding being anything but exactly how this couple wish it to be. I don't think we'll be disappointed one little bit.

Thank you and thank you also, La Rae. I was getting a tad bit disappointed if it wasn't going to be a full blown royal wedding. Now I can sleep tonight. ?

Last edited:
I fully expect to see her photograph arriving at the Queen's Christmas Luncheon though!

That will be THE opportunity to meet the larger royal family. According to Harry, she met the 'key people' but I am sure that she hasn't met the majority of the attendees...

Thank you and thank you also, La Rae. I was getting a tad bit disappointed if it wasn't going to be a full blown royal wedding. Now I can sleep tonight. ?

If nothing else Harry will want Meghan to have her day...he's busting at the seams about marrying her. He wants to show her off.

I don't expect this to be a small wedding (relatively speaking) like Pippa and Zara had.

LaRae

Even though it is always risky to compare royal families, you might want to check out the wedding of king Felipe of Spain (then prince of Asturias) with the divorced Letizia Ortiz.

The main difference is that William is a future king and Harry isn't, so that will be reflected in the guest list and probably in the location; and also in not having a bank holiday.

Yeah, I had forgotten about Letizia. Thanks. I saw something else in Huffington Post that says the suspected female friend who matched Harry with Meghan was Michele Obama.

I am very happy for the couple. Meghan is certainly a lovely woman and Harry seems happy.

I love the ring, although I think platinum looks better with diamonds. I tend to think Harry agrees because it struck me as defensive when he made a point of saying that yellow gold was her favorite. I love that Meghan's ring was designed for her but is especially intimate because it is also linked to Harry's mother. I don't want to offend anyone but I like Meghan's ring better than Katherine's. I suspect that Katherine wouldn't have picked that ring out herself, but she treasures it knowing that it means so much to William.

I also enjoyed the part of the interview when Harry inserted that people "think" that they know him. It was a great moment.

If nothing else Harry will want Meghan to have her day...he's busting at the seams about marrying her. He wants to show her off.

I don't expect this to be a small wedding (relatively speaking) like Pippa and Zara had.

LaRae

Great! I will be sitting here waiting for the day! I am so excited!!! I love royal weddings!

Was Meghan married civilly only before? Because I'm wondering if they can have a normal church wedding!

Yeah we need to savor this one....there won't be another BRF Wedding like this until George or Charlotte (or baby Cambridge) marry.

LaRae

Was Meghan married civilly only before? Because I'm wondering if they can have a normal church wedding!

She was married on a beach. I don't know if it was recognized by her husband (Jewish) faith or not. I'm not sure that she practices any faith at all...she may be very private about it.

The CoE has already stated she is free to marry in their Church. The comments today from the Archbishop of Canterbury indicate the same.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very happy for the couple. Meghan is certainly a lovely woman and Harry seems happy.

I love the ring, although I think platinum looks better with diamonds. I tend to think Harry agrees because it struck me as defensive when he made a point of saying that yellow gold was her favorite. I love that Meghan's ring was designed for her but is especially intimate because it is also linked to Harry's mother. I don't want to offend anyone but I like Meghan's ring better than Katherine's. I suspect that Katherine wouldn't have picked that ring out herself, but she treasures it knowing that it means so much to William.

I also enjoyed the part of the interview when Harry inserted that people "think" that they know him. It was a great moment.

I'm with you on the platinum with the diamonds. I'm not a lover of gold jewelry but the ring is very pretty and it means a lot to have the diamonds that belonged to his mom. A lot of love and thought went into that ring and Meghan knows it. She's one very lucky woman. :flowers:

Yeah, I had forgotten about Letizia. Thanks. I saw something else in Huffington Post that says the suspected female friend who matched Harry with Meghan was Michele Obama.

I am pretty sure that is more wishful thinking than anything else. Michelle Obama wasn't in London at the beginning of July while Meghan did visit London (and Spain) with two friends :whistling:

They will have a church wedding. The archbishop’s statement made it obvious, and aides have confirmed to reporters it will be a church wedding. The CoE has allowed divorcees to marry in church since 2002, although they leave it to the local church. The Archbishop of Canterbury will be marrying them, and from my understanding he usual draw the line at if either party contributed to the failure of the previous marriage and if the children of the previous marriage have been provided for.

A very, very, very good interview. :flowers: Love has made the man! I am impressed. I do think this marriage will stay the course (contrary to my previous concerns). I can see it. They have done their homework and I trust Meghan's judgement.

I am very happy for them both. They are going to be a seriously fun couple to watch.

NOTE: Did anyone else notice that there was a considerable edit that took place in the midst of the corgi conversation? No one has mentioned it but it was there. Has me so curious.

Also, I loved the little peeks we were given into the socializing of the RF behind the scenes: several teas and 'gatherings' at Charles' place, dinners at Will and Kate's, etc.

I watched the interview live (will have to watch again later :D) and the thing that really stood out to me is how these two seem to possess all the necessary qualities for a lasting relationship. They really presented themselves as such a mature, fun-loving, warm and considerate couple. And really, I had no doubt that this would be the case. They both just have these great, outgoing personalities. It's quite easy to see why they are so drawn to each other and why Harry was smitten from the start.Love how he basically admitted that he was punching above his weight and had to immediately up his game. Great self awareness there Harry! :lol:

Agree 100% with your summation, Abbigail. :flowers: And love the bolded comment! Yes, wasn't that adorable? He really has lucked out with her. I am very glad for his sake that she has fallen in love, too.

BTW there has not been much comment about it here (but there have been one or two comments), regarding the handholding and tactile elements: this is the cultural divide, with a born and bred Southern Californian. Meghan is exactly the kind of woman Harry would flourish with given how tactile his mother was. In some ways, Meghan may be like 'coming home' for Harry. :flowers: Serendipity.

I also agree with this who have suggested Meghan will be at Sandringham for Christmas. Meghan is from out of the country, unlike Kate. I am certain (though it is a speculation on my part) that there will be every attempt made to make sure Meghan (and her family members) are participating in any way that is comfortable for all. Just a hunch.

Meghan and Harry geeking out over the husband title was really cute. My sour soul actually smiled.

A moment of real insight into their intimate dynamic. :flowers:

Last edited:

The Anglican Church has allowed divorced persons to marry in the church since 2002. Civil or church wedding previously, doesn't matter.

I am pretty sure that is more wishful thinking than anything else. Michelle Obama wasn't in London at the beginning of July while Meghan did visit London (and Spain) with two friends :whistling:

I don’t they know Michelle and Meghan know each other. But it didn’t seem like that mutual friend was actually in London at that time. It sounded like they were put in touch with someone they both know and they just had drinks together. Although my suspicion is that it wasn’t Misha Nonoo either. She’d been too obvious for Meghan to purprosefully avoid letting the public know to protect her privacy. Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Sophie Trudeau depending on how the Trudeaus get on with Harry on a personal friendship level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom