Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh! The news I was so hoping to wake up to!!

Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan!

Omg yay! ?

Interestingly, I had just added Twitter notifications for KP's Twitter and Instagram accounts on Saturday night, knowing that they would be the first ones to post the news when it happened. I didn't expect it to pay off that quickly.

Interesting to note that the announcement of the engagement came just from the PoW. No mention of the Duchess of Cornwall.

I don’t know how many ways to scream of the joy in our hearts for this happy couple but it sure is wonderful to share together. I can’t wait until two o’clock!

My god, I go away for a few hours and this happens.

Congratulations to them!

Was Meghan rumored to be in London earlier this month? The announcement says they became engaged earlier this month.

In Williams engagement announcement was only from the Prince of Wales. The Duchess of Cornwall was there also not included.

Interesting to note that the announcement of the engagement came just from the PoW. No mention of the Duchess of Cornwall.

In Williams engagement announcement was only from the Prince of Wales. The Duchess of Cornwall was there also not included.

My take is that only the biological relations are included in the statements. Camilla has no biological relation to William and Harry. So it makes perfect sense.
I would have found it strange had she been mentioned.

She wasn’t mentioned either on william and Catherine announcement. I don’t see a reason for her to be, she’s not their mother.

When Prince William's engagement was announced, it only named Prince Charles as announcing.

Finally! I am so so happy for Harry and Meghan! Congratulations to them and their families! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
❤️❤️❤️❤️:britflag::usaflag:?:cheers:??? I'm so excited and thrilled for them. Meghan will do very well in her new Royal role.

Omg, I’m so happy foI the couple!!! I didn’t know which article to click on first earlier! :lol:

I guess all those engagement leaks to the press last week were right. The British tabloids will gloat about their sources for awhile.

Anyway, I'm a little surprised they got engaged without ever living on the same continent. It speaks to the depth of their infatuation with each other but as they say "It's a bold move, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em."

Engaged in London - Again I'm surprised he didn't take her somewhere for the proposal even if it's just the countryside. Maybe the place they got engaged had sentimental value like the place the first met in London.

Spring Wedding - Well, that probably means April or May

I'm interested in seeing the ring. I hope Meghan had a strong hand in picking it out as I don't think Harry has the best taste in jewelry going by the items he has picked out for himself.

Archbishop of Canterbury welcomes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement
Monday 27th November 2017

Responding to the announcement that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged, the Archbishop said today:

“I am absolutely delighted to hear the news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now engaged.

"I have met Prince Harry on a number of occasions and have always been struck by his commitment and passion for his charities, and his immense love for his family.

“Marriage is a special and joyous commitment, one that Jesus celebrated together with friends at the wedding in Cana. I am so happy that Prince Harry and Ms Markle have chosen to make their vows before God.

"I wish them many years of love, happiness and fulfilment and ask that God blesses them throughout their married life together."
Thanks for the full announcement that indeed clearly states that theirs will be a church wedding (as was to be expected).

Congratulations to them both!

This must the first time a senior member of the royal family marries a foreigner since Prince George and Princess Marina in 1934, right?

When Prince William's engagement was announced, it only named Prince Charles as announcing.

Same for the birth of George and Charlotte if i remember well, sensitive move to avoid a bit of hyteria is some circles i guess ...
Anyway it's a happy day, so let's not spoil the joy with some rotten stories.
Congrats to the couple ! To be frank i had my doubts (and still have) but i really really hope for the sake of this couple and the Monarchy that this apparent "love story" will not be chrushed by the pressure of the medias and that Meghan will not be frustrated by the somewhat down to earth aspect of the day-to-day work inside the BRF. Let's face it it will not be "Princess diary" style
.So wait and see. Today i wish all the best to the happy couple, and i can't wait to see a beautiful royal wedding in the spring !:flowers:

This must the first time a senior member of the royal family marries a foreigner since Prince George and Princess Marina in 1934, right?

What about Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark?!?

Does Prince Philip count as a foreigner?

I hope that tomorrow we will get to see the video of this evening... for us not getting any UK TV channels

Thanks for the full announcement that indeed clearly states that theirs will be a church wedding (as was to be expected).

Yep and I'm going to guess the Archbishop will do the honors.

Abbey Abbey Abbey Abbey :D

LaRae

Does Prince Philip count as a foreigner?

Technically yes, he had to change his citizenship! The old guard weren't happy about her marrying a homeless penniless Greek (even if he was really a member of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg)

LaRae

Her parents statement is beautifully written

I agree - it's lovely. I also appreciate that he asked both her parents for "permission."

I am over the moon with excitement. I can't wait to see the RING(!) and photos and more details from the couple themselves. And, it seems as if the dogs are already in London, so hopefully they will appear at the interview to be broadcast this evening.

Yay :flowers: I'm so glad we didn't have to wait any longer.

Yep and I'm going to guess the Archbishop will do the honors.

Abbey Abbey Abbey Abbey :D

LaRae

Even if it’s at St. George’s, the Archbishop would still do the honors right?

And, it seems as if the dogs are already in London, so hopefully they will appear at the interview to be broadcast this evening.

Ooh that would be just fantastic :D:D:D (and perhaps Lupo could escape and join in too ;) )

Well the duke and duchess of Windsor come to my mind ... Technically he was still a senior member of the BRF ...

I am thrilled to wake up to this news and can't wait to see their wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom