Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
I can't sleep either, it is 440am in the morning and I am so excited for people I do not even know personally.......this is so thrilling and wonderful news to wake up to.

And please everyone No Bickering for we Do Not want to get any threads Closed again.......... lets be joyous and happy for this young couple, finally Harry is going to start his own family like he has always wanted......media beware, back off this young couple and let them enjoy this time together.

Awww, so, so happy for them

???

(Now I'm also very relieved I was unceremoniously kicked out of my job last week, so I can sit and watch all the excitement ?)

And, just realised that the official statement (I assume) answers the question of which name she will use ?

Heartfelt congratulations from Sweden to the husband-and-wife-to-be :) Looking forward to a new British Royal wedding this fall wherever and whenever it will take place :)

I really really really really hope the media will treat them well and be kind and respectful towards them ! Harry if anyone has been trough a hell of a lot and this should be a time for celebration and excitement.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Harry & Meghan!

As a Brit, I am absolutely thrilled with the news and so looking forward to being able to get to know Meghan more as our new future Duchess!

Oh, how wonderful. Congrats to the couple. Can´t wait for the first pics of the couple!
Bye Bine

Absolutely wonderfull!!!Wishing them all happiness & health!

Congrats to the couple!

Will there be some kind of engagement interview later on today?

Congrats to the couple!

Will there be some kind of engagement interview later on today?

There is a photocall scheduled for 2pm at Kensington Palace and apparently an interview later (not seen a time for the release of that yet).

oh wow - i certainly was not quite expecting this so soon. it catches me by surprise to say the least. they were only dating for a year? it seems quite premature for someone to find out about the aspects that come with marrying into the royal family, but i am sure as two responsible adults they went through this and considered everything needed.

Last edited:
So the rumors were true I am truly happy for Harry and Meghan and congratulations to them.

From the Archbishop of Canterbury:

Justin Welby ن‏ @JustinWelby
I’m absolutely delighted to hear the news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now engaged. I wish them many years of love, happiness and fulfilment – and ask that God blesses them throughout their married life together.

Full statement

Last edited:
FINALLY! I am happy for them! (and another royal wedding!)

So from reading the Archbishop of Canterbury’s full statement it definitely looks like a church wedding.

Press Association‏ @PA 1m1 minute ago
Visiting Poundbury in Dorset, the Prince of Wales said he was "thrilled" and "very happy indeed" for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Wow, I'm actually surprised! Congratulations to the happy couple. Meghan's parents statement is beautiful.

I cant wait to see their interview!

Just one question: How long has it lasted as William and Catherine's engagement was announced until an official curriculum vitae was published by the British Royal Family?

I am very excited for Henry and Meghan.

Princess Diana would be over the moon with two absolutely beautiful daughter-in-laws.

Thanks for your answers!

Looks like I got the timing of the engagement right (late November or early December) and 'spring' might very well be second half of May or early June; wondering whether location will indeed be St George Chapel (my other prediction/expectation).

I also suggested that the 'real engagement' might take place at or around Thanksgiving. Not sure whether Meghan was in the UK earlier this month but if she only arrived a week ago... Maybe Harry and Meghan will tell us more in their engagement interview later today.

I should have placed a bet! I said engagement in November!

All the best for this couple, for their future together.

So excited-we all have a wedding to look forward to and discuss now.

The statement from W&K sounds like they've more than just met her.

CRAZY but great news! Now where is the ring?? LOL

Earlier this month in London? Interesting!

LaRae

CRAZY but great news! Now where is the ring?? LOL

Earlier this month in London? Interesting!

LaRae

Oh blooming heck, I'd completely forgotten about the ring :bang: ooh even more to look forward to :D

So from reading the Archbishop of Canterbury’s full statement it definitely looks like a church wedding.

Yes it sounds like it. One of the royal reporters on twitter said it will be a church wedding.

Oh my goodness, I am thrilled for Harry and Meghan.......this is delightful news to wake up to.....

We are off for a very joyous ride with this young couple, filled with love and happiness in their hearts....:wub:???:news:?

No kidding! Last night in a thread (right before bed) I said they could surprise us all and announce tomorrow (today)...but I sure didn't think it likely!

LaRae

Wow, I go out for a little while and this happens! This is great! I am so so happy for them. I've waited for years for Harry to find The One. And a Spring wedding! I too should have placed a bet! I'm ecstatic!

:previous:
I can't sleep either, it is 440am in the morning and I am so excited for people I do not even know personally.......this is so thrilling and wonderful news to wake up to.

And please everyone No Bickering for we Do Not want to get any threads Closed again.......... lets be joyous and happy for this young couple, finally Harry is going to start his own family like he has always wanted......media beware, back off this young couple and let them enjoy this time together.
Well put :flowers:

I'm so pleased for them. Having seen how good Harry is with young children, I can't wait for him to become a Dad as he'll be great ?

I just have found a very "funny" quiz with Meghan Markle about Britishness:

Archbishop of Canterbury welcomes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement
Monday 27th November 2017

Responding to the announcement that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged, the Archbishop said today:

“I am absolutely delighted to hear the news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now engaged.

"I have met Prince Harry on a number of occasions and have always been struck by his commitment and passion for his charities, and his immense love for his family.

“Marriage is a special and joyous commitment, one that Jesus celebrated together with friends at the wedding in Cana. I am so happy that Prince Harry and Ms Markle have chosen to make their vows before God.

"I wish them many years of love, happiness and fulfilment and ask that God blesses them throughout their married life together."

I had forgotten about it too ha ha
Anyway I’m tipping all diamonds

I've not seen any pics of hear wearing stones so it will be interesting to see what Harry got/had made for her.

LaRae

Royal Central‏
@RoyalCentral
45m45 minutes ago

The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh are “delighted” for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Last edited by a moderator:
I had forgotten about it too ha ha
Anyway I’m tipping all diamonds

I think all diamonds too or possibly the emerald ring (although I'm sure I read something recently that emerald rings are a no no for engagement rings?!?!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom