Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did look happy.

But I kept wishing she'd stop touching her hair! Nervous, I guess?

They look really happy and I love Meghan's white coat.

I might need to see a better photo of the ring, but so far I'm not really liking it.

I quite like it. Simple/elegant and the sentimental as well.

Now waiting another 7 hours for the interview.... lol

LaRae

I have seen the Video, she seemed a bit nervous in the beginning, playing a lot with her hair on the way to the waiting press.
But then - as soon as they arrived in front of the waiting crowd, she got more relaxed.
Lovely looking couple!
BYe Bine

Her dress under the white coat looks green.

That's wonderful!!! I was hoping some jewels worn by Princess Diana would be in the ring!

Harry designed the ring. One stone from Botswana and two stones from Diana’s collection. Reporting by Emily Andrews on Twitter.

It's a pity that we did not get a picture of her dress. It was rather cold outside but she could have taken one for team!

I have seen the Video, she seemed a bit nervous in the beginning, playing a lot with her hair on the way to the waiting press.
But then - as soon as they arrived in front of the waiting crowd, she got more relaxed.
Lovely looking couple!
BYe Bine

I personally thought Prince Harry looked a lot more nervous - he seemed to be grabbing onto his jacket to kind of stabilise himself and Meghan seemed to be comforting him quite a bit :flowers:

It's a pity that we did not get a picture of her dress. It was rather cold outside but she could have taken one for team!

Hopefully we'll see it during the interview :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Golly, I despise Daily Fail with a passion... Why do they have to do this now? Their behaviour over the past year has been disgusting. They bet on the wrong pony. Now get over it and stop being so distateful! Do they not feel any shame? Why refer to her as 'divorced American' in every single headline? Why cut quotes to misrepresent the actually quote? Why the constant mocking and downright insulting tone in everything they write? or the borderline, subtle racism? No wonder my huby refers to it as 'the breeding place of mouthbreathers'.

Meghan and Harry looked so natural and lovely - but of course they select the most awkward looking picture for the frontnews.

Green will look lovely on her I'm sure. Can't wait to see!

LaRae

Woo hoooo!! Just signed on after being off all weekend. I thought the announcement would come in December or January 2018 but this is great news.

Congrats to Harry and Meghan...you made it!!?

They look so happy together! That ring is absolutely gorgeous......

I might need to see a better photo of the ring, but so far I'm not really liking it.

The ring is pretty enough but looks like a million other rings!
I was hoping for something a bit more unique.

Well, this engagement felt a little rushed to me and pushed to a large extent by the midia/press . I sincerely hope it works out for the couple in the long run.

IMO the engagement has been in the making for months - given how they have tried to avoid having the media be a decisive factor in their relationship, I don't think they rushed it because of the media. I fully understand that Harry and Meghan didn't want to wait any longer than necessary (i.e. Meghan had to finish filming for Suits). Now they can go ahead with what they have been working towards for quite some time now (Meghan shutting down The Tig was probably the first visible step in that process), i.e., their wedding (as the start of hopefully a long marriage).

Last edited:
Beautiful and I really like that Harry designed Meghan’s ring. I’m just too excited and tired to talk right now.

I think it's very much to Meghan's style....Harry took that into account I am sure.

LaRae

They look so happy, in love and very comfortable with each other. I love that the ring is diamonds. Diamonds are a popular engagement choice in America. Meghan seems lovely and very comfortable in the public eye. I think her acting will take her far on the royal front. So happy for them. Can't wait for the interview...

I love an all diamond engagement ring. I would have,however, preferred a white gold band. JMHO

Would the large diamond be the one from Botswana and the two smaller ones from Diana's collection?

I am not a big fan of the ring either (although I am glad it is diamond; the golden ring is a bit too yellow to my taste) but it's nice that Harry designed it himself with stones that have meaning to him.

Golly, I despise Daily Fail with a passion... Why do they have to do this now? Their behaviour over the past year has been disgusting. They bet on the wrong pony. Now get over it and stop being so distateful! Do they not feel any shame? Why refer to her as 'divorced American' in every single headline? Why cut quotes to misrepresent the actually quote? Why the constant mocking and downright insulting tone in everything they write? or the borderline, subtle racism? No wonder my huby refers to it as 'the breeding place of mouthbreathers'.

Meghan and Harry looked so natural and lovely - but of course they select the most awkward looking picture for the frontnews.

Your hubby is a wise and profound man.;) I need a shower after visiting the Fail and I only visit when I am feeling masochistic!

ETA: I think the ring is okay, nothing spectacular compared to some of the other ones. But who cares? She is as thrilled to have it as he is to have given it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom