The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What it boils down to is that it doesn't matter who we deem fit or not. The only person Harry's bride has to fit is Harry himself.

I just really wish that people that would do Meghan any kind of harm out there would stop and think that when they set out to hurt Meghan, they're also hurting Harry and by hurting Harry, they're attacking not only the BRF but also the monarchy in a round about way.

Like it or not, Meghan is becoming an integral part of the British royal family (as we've seen by quite a few examples of inclusion already) and she's obviously making Harry very, very happy
Agree.

They also need to realize attacking her is just going to get the opposite results. Meghan has been welcomed into the family and treated as such since the day that announcement happened. She is being included in royal functions and treated as one of them despite the marriage not being official yet. So to attack her is to attack them and make them want to protect her all the more and show everyone just how much they support her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
She doesn't need the faux concern and obvious disgust of these bitter Bettys who are jealous that a woman with her intelligence and background is entering their beloved royal family and none of them are giving her a break.
Tell me about it. My eyes about to get stuck from rolling them so hard from each article I read basically saying "Meghan needs to know her place and never speak ever." I just read one that basically said her job is to be a "Mute Princess". These are women writing this (and the irony in that is considering they speaking their opinion.) I agree she can't speak freely like she did in the past because she has to be mindful of her new role but give me a break. I think she and the people advising her are well aware of that. Wanting to silence Meghan and have her stand in a corner looking pretty and just breeding does no one any good. Welcome to 2018.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Meghan is doing her best to fit in. She is going to be confirmed into the CoE even though it was not required of her to do so, she will be at Commonwealth service with HM and other royals, she is going to become a citizen and has moved over here to be with Harry and given up her career. She has sacrificed a great deal and quite frankly I am sick to death of women in the right wing British media telling her what she should be. Meghan has the support of Harry and his family and well placed royal aides for guidance in her new life. She doesn't need the faux concern and obvious disgust of these bitter Bettys who are jealous that a woman with her intelligence and background is entering their beloved royal family and none of them are giving her a break.
Its not MY royal family.... and she has to do these things if she wants to marry Harry. she could hardly marry him and he'd move to the US to be with her...

Old 03-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its not MY royal family.... and she has to do these things if she wants to marry Harry. she could hardly marry him and he'd move to the US to be with her...
To be honest, watching the two of them together, I wouldn't doubt that if there were restrictions put into play where Harry was forbidden to marry Meghan, I think it would have been very possible for him to up and denounce everything and move to Canada for her. Fortunately, that was never remotely an issue.

Meghan also knew what she was facing with a life with Harry as Harry knew what obstacles would arise out of a life with Meghan. These are two people accepting each other on their own terms first and working out the problems stemming from exterior factions together.

I don't see anything as being that Meghan has to do this or do that or else but rather that the roles and expectations of what being married to Harry would encompass is agreeable to her and comes as part and parcel of the man she loves which she is obviously taking on very willingly without question.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

That is what i am saying, she has made changes but clearly to some people, it doesn't matter what she does, she is not good enough and quite frankly that is disgusting.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
quite frankly that is disgusting.
.. People will ALWAYS have differing opinions on a given issue, so it seem unwise to get quite so het up about their attitude.. perhaps just DON'T read their articles ?
Old 03-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

I just really wish that people that would do Meghan any kind of harm out there would stop and think that when they set out to hurt Meghan, they're also hurting Harry and by hurting Harry, they're attacking not only the BRF but also the monarchy in a round about way.
I don't think blind hatred allows for that sort of reasoning.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
She has sacrificed a great deal and quite frankly I am sick to death of women in the right wing British media telling her what she should be.
Unfortunately she will be facing this for the rest of her life. The media love to write critical articles about members of the BRF. Eugenie and Beatrice get mean spirited articles written about them constantly and their mother was attacked viciously back in her day (they even used to make fun of her weight).

All of the royals (especially the women) have to deal with the media telling them how they should be. No matter what the royals do, there is going to be someone standing on the sidelines complaining. I imagine Meghan understands this and knows to just ignore all of the useless outside noise and carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Tell me about it. My eyes about to get stuck from rolling them so hard from each article I read basically saying "Meghan needs to know her place and never speak ever." I just read one that basically said her job is to be a "Mute Princess". I agree she can't speak freely like she did in the past because she has to be mindful of her new role but give me a break.
It's quite ridiculous. If she didn't speak, they would criticize her for that. Kate has been told that she doesn't speak enough, now Meghan is being told that she speaks too much. Can't win with the media.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

And (some) folks wonder why William and Harry take such a hard line with the media....I think it was very smart of Meghan and Harry to decide from the start to not read any of it good/bad ..to turn toward each other and shut the noise out

LaRae
Old 03-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
It's quite ridiculous. If she didn't speak, they would criticize her for that. Kate has been told that she doesn't speak enough, now Meghan is being told that she speaks too much. Can't win with the media.
Exactly. Damn if they do, damn if they don't.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts relating to Meghan's parents have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...und-43856.html - really it should be quite simple to distinguish between the topics of the threads.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty the Queen formally gave her assent to the Marriage of her Grandson, yesterday at a meeting of the Privy Council at Buckingham Palace...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buck.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	301155  
Old 03-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I assume the wedding invitations will be sent out very soon. If going by the same time like as W&K, theirs was out like a week or so after her consent was given as well.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

On a side note the Queen used the adjectives "trusty and well-beloved " for Kate back in 2011 ... but nothing for Meghan today.

https://www.royal.uk/her-majesty-que...rine-middleton

A mere oversight i presume, and Kate was already "part of the family" so to speak.
Still in this age where every details counts (and the BRF is well aware of that), i presume it will be picked up by the press ...
Strange to say the least.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

That is not actually accurate. In the initial privy consent it was the same language. You are referring to the more elaborate consent charter that was later placed on the official site. I assume the same will be done for Meghan.

Exhibits:

William and Kate - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYVhESiWAAEa85A.jpg
Harry and Meghan - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYVhESnXUAEsKge.jpg

The charter for W&K - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYVhu-eWkAAm-xe.jpg:large

I'll wait until the charter for H&M is issued. I am sure the langue will again be similar.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That is not actually accurate. In the initial privy consent it was the same language. You are referring to the more elaborate consent that was later placed on the official site. I assume the same will be done for Meghan.

Exhibits:

The second for W&K - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYVhu-eWkAAm-xe.jpg:large

I'll wait until the second for H&M is issued. I am sure the langue will again be similar.
Now you're right ! i stand corrected thank you !
This lack of adjective was far too strange ....
Old 03-15-2018, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That is not actually accurate. In the initial privy consent it was the same language. You are referring to the more elaborate consent charter that was later placed on the official site. I assume the same will be done for Meghan.

Exhibits:

The charter for W&K - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYVhu-eWkAAm-xe.jpg:large

I'll wait until the charter for H&M is issued. I am sure the langue will again be similar.
Yes I agree that Harry and Meghan will be presented with a similar and formal instrument of consent after their wedding.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Now you're right ! i stand corrected thank you !
This lack of adjective was far too strange ....
Thanks for Fact Checking. As a rule The Daily Mail is highly untrustworthy. Always double check them.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Commoner

Personally I do not think whether using any adjective is an indicator or something, but detailed and more elobarate consent was already mentioned in this Privy Council order, at age five and it does not include any attributive word.

http://privycouncil.independent.gov....ess-Part-1.pdf
Old 03-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry if this was already discussed, but is Meghan to be called Rachel upon marriage or she'll continue to be called her second name Meghan? Catherine was known as Kate her whole life but she choose to use her real name Catherine upon marriage, I know if Meghan will do a similar thing...
Old 03-15-2018, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

From what I understand she has always been Meghan, that's how the members of the BRF refer to her and how she intends to be called....I'm sure in formal situations (documents etc) her full name may be used.

LaRae

Closed Thread