Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very happy, I always cheered for this couple. May they be happy!

I wish them all the best but I don't think this will last.

Harry is just too unstable and Meghan will quickly find out being a member of RF is not like being a celebrity. You have big restrictions on what you can say, where you can go and who you can be seen with.

Osipi - are you here?? I feel like you and I go back to the beginning with our Meghan love!!

So, so happy for the couple, and so very excited for a royal wedding to offer a respite from the tiring and chaotic daily news.

Today is “Cyber Monday” in the U.S. - online holiday shopping. Darn, I bet I won’t be perusing bargains, as I’ll be obsessed with H&M coverage... cannot wait for the photo call.

Isn't the Diana aquamarine rather a cocktail ring size stone? You wouldn't want to be wearing it for household tasks, lol. I'm not sure either whether aquamarines wear well over time. Some stones are better than others in that way.

I'm a fan of coloured stones and would love to see an emerald. However, apparently they don't wear well either and are supposedly unlucky.

The photo call is in less than an hour, no one wants to guess what dress she will wear? Designer? Color? The ring? Who will do the interview set to air later today?

Would love to see her in red - she wears it well. Maybe gray or ivory... hope she doesn’t go blue, and I hope no sapphires... needs to set apart from Catherine comparisons...

We also need to 'watch' out for the watch she is wearing!!!! ?

I wish them all the best but I don't think this will last.

Harry is just too unstable and Meghan will quickly find out being a member of RF is not like being a celebrity. You have big restrictions on what you can say, where you can go and who you can be seen with.

Let's hope you are mistaken :flowers:

From my perspective, Harry has grown up in recent years; and I am quite sure that Meghan has already found out about the restrictiveness of being associated with the royal family. She is old enough to make a conscious decision, so I am sure she has considered it and has decided to give up a lot of her freedom to be with Harry and to champion the issues that are close to her heart as well as those that are suggested to her as a member of the BRF.

As we’re waiting for the happy couple can you imagine what Meghan is feeling right now?

The problem with aquamarine is it’s a cocktail ring, and thus inappropriate for engagement ring. It’s still possible that piece would be given to Meghan and we’ll see her wear it in the future. Aquamarine is also not as strong of a stone as diamond and can scratch easily.

I’m voting for a colored diamond.

'We're thrilled': Prince Charles reacts to the Royal engagment

Anyone know where/when we can stream photo call and interview LIVE in the U.S.?

Hope the ring is diamond (diamonds) - something from Diana’s collection...

Anyone know where/when we can stream photo call and interview LIVE in the U.S.?

Photo call is 9AM ET. And the interview 1PM ET. I imagine Sky News Live link posted earlier would stream it live.

Congratulations to the happy couple. Lovely news!!!

Depends on how you define senior royal (apart from the queen and her husband). The current duchess of Gloucester was born Danish and princess Michael of Kent is also foreign-born. Other non-British royal family members (although not senior royals) include the Maori Gary Lewis and Canadian Autumn Phillips, so there are quite a few non-Brits in the family (most likely more than in the average British family). And of course the duke of Windsor (and former king) married his American wife in 1937.

All in all, I would say it is not that exceptional that Harry marries a foreigner.
* Of the 5 children of king George V that got married, 2 married foreigners.
* Of the 2 children of king George VI 1 married a foreigner.
* Of the 4 children of queen Elizabeth II none married a foreigner.
* Of the 2 children of the prince of Wales 1 will marry a foreigner.
Elizabeth's children are the exception :flowers:

To follow-up on the list of 'foreign' brides and grooms within the royal family.
If we look at the 4 children of king George V (who himself married a German), each of them had foreigners marrying in to the family:

Prince Albert (later George VI)'s eldest daughter married a Greek prince; and two of her grandchildren (out of 4 married or to be married ones) are non-British: Canadian and American

Princess Mary's family has many foreigners among their ranks:
1 of her 2 children married an Austrian bride
Of her 6 grandchildren (5 of whom married one to three times): the eldest married secondly an Australian; the second married firstly and secondly an American and thirdly an Nigerian bride (from Lagos descent). And the fifth one is married to a Jamaican.
Of her 3 married great-grandchildren 1 is married to an American.

The only son of prince Henry (Duke of Gloucester) that got married, married a Danish bride, among their three children-in-law one is from New Zealand of Maori descent.

Of the 3 children of prince George (Duke of Kent) -who was married to a Greek princess- 1 married a German/Czech countess. Out of his 6 married grandchildren: 1 married a Canadian (of Austrian descent) and 1 a Brit(?) of Croatian/Italian descent.

Last edited:
Mishal Husain doing the engagement interview.

LaRae

What Meghan Wore (Twitter) has also stated that it is available on BBC iPlayer in the US!! :flowers:

Twitter is saying they will announce the when/where they are getting married tomorrow.

LaRae

So happy for both Prince Harry and Meghan Markle! Can't wait for the photo call/op and perhaps an interview with the couple.....He proposed in London earlier this month he says. Marvelous news!

There she is! White coat! So pretty...

They look so happy... Aw, she gave him a reassuring pat on the arm... They look so great together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strewth, blink and you miss it!! Can't believe that was over so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom