The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #961  
Old 01-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
That is with everyone if we are being completely honest. No one really shows their true self to strangers and the royal family are the biggest actors of them all. It is a show. Of course we are seeing that with Meghan. We seeing that with just about all public figures.
Yes, and that includes all members of the BRF, including HMQ, Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, and Duchess of Cambridge, I could go on, but you get my point. Do you think they’ll show us if they had a row with their significant other in the morning right before an engagement? Nope. They are gonna go out there and put on a smile and do their job. As long as they do their job, who cares?

The other words to describe this is being a professional.
__________________

  #962  
Old 01-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
That is with everyone if we are being completely honest. No one really shows their true self to strangers and the royal family are the biggest actors of them all. It is a show. Of course we are seeing that with Meghan. We seeing that with just about all public figures.
Exactly. I've heard many people say, that eg Kate is quite guarded in public and with strangers, but once with her family and friends, she's really funny. I think we see it with all the royals, all they have a public persona, and in private they can act completely differently. It's not only reserved to actresses.
__________________

  #963  
Old 01-01-2018, 10:50 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
There was a quote about Princess Grace. A member of another royal family said ‘how can I ever trust her, she’s an actress’. Meaning how will I ever know the real Princess Grace.

I think we’re seeing some of that with Meghan Markle.
The whole family are actors. They are expected to be polished, professional, royal, engaged every time they do an engagement. And I can guarantee, that's not always how they feel.

In fact, put on a happy face is the kind of acting we are all expected to do if we want success in society. Likewise, we are expected to show gravitas and sorrow when bad things happen. In fact, people don't really want to know our inner dialogue. They want the publicly accepted version.

We are all actors on a stage - who said that? Answering that Will Shake you up if you just Peer at it for a moment. (GROAN).

I find it amusing that we have critiqued Harry for not being guarded enough and are now worrying that Meghan is not transparent enough.
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
  #964  
Old 01-01-2018, 11:18 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,769
Yeah I don't get the actor slight with Meghan. It just a skill she will use to help her in her new role. None of these people will show their true selves to the public. They will do what they have to do in their job as a professional royal. Their private life will be that... private. As much as they can keep it anyways.
  #965  
Old 01-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
One thing that’s really annoying is when ones ‘body language’ is over analyzed. No couple on this planet have the perfect body language.

I did notice from watching their engagement interview back in November that Harry was a bit nervous talking about introducing Meghan to his father and brother. Which is perfectly natural. I think introducing your partner to your family is one of the most nerve wracking experiences you can go through. Meghan probably went through this too with introducing Harry to her mother. He hasn’t even met her father yet so there’s more nerves to come.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #966  
Old 01-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Abbigail's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
There was a quote about Princess Grace. A member of another royal family said ‘how can I ever trust her, she’s an actress’. Meaning how will I ever know the real Princess Grace.

I think we’re seeing some of that with Meghan Markle.
Sounds more like a slight against actual actors, honestly. As others have pointed out, the royals are actors themselves.
  #967  
Old 01-01-2018, 12:05 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,769
On the same level of the body language... here is lip reading from their after interview.

Lipreaders reveal what Harry & Meghan think of each other | Daily Mail Online

Ms Lannin also revealed the happy couple describing the moment they fell in love.

Miss Markle said: 'Six months. We both knew.'

Before Harry added: 'The relationship there, we both knew there was something there that was solid, so solid, so powerful. We were willing to have a go.'


I am just discovering this. Interesting they basically they were pretty solid in their relationship and knew it was something they were going to go the distance with before it was even public yet. No wonder he didn't think twice about releasing that statement.
  #968  
Old 01-01-2018, 01:38 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
There was a quote about Princess Grace. A member of another royal family said ‘how can I ever trust her, she’s an actress’. Meaning how will I ever know the real Princess Grace.

I think we’re seeing some of that with Meghan Markle.
Lol I find that funny because that's what I thought. If Meghan is good at her craft then nobody, paps and tabloid journalist, will ever be able to tell what is really going on in her head when she is in public.... and I find that awesome!
  #969  
Old 01-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
On the same level of the body language... here is lip reading from their after interview.

Lipreaders reveal what Harry & Meghan think of each other | Daily Mail Online

Ms Lannin also revealed the happy couple describing the moment they fell in love.

Miss Markle said: 'Six months. We both knew.'

Before Harry added: 'The relationship there, we both knew there was something there that was solid, so solid, so powerful. We were willing to have a go.'


I am just discovering this. Interesting they basically they were pretty solid in their relationship and knew it was something they were going to go the distance with before it was even public yet. No wonder he didn't think twice about releasing that statement.
I think a number of folks here knew, when he released that statement this was a serious long term relationship.


LaRae
  #970  
Old 01-01-2018, 01:47 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think a number of folks here knew, when he released that statement this was a serious long term relationship.


LaRae
Yes, the statement was an obvious sign it was serious. I was more commenting on the fact they both basically knew they were it and they were going to make it work regardless after six month. They were in a bubble nurturing their relationship outside of the media's eyes. Probably the best thing that happened for them. They were in a very solid place before anything was aware so when the **** did hit the fan it was like whatever.
  #971  
Old 01-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Yes, the statement was an obvious sign it was serious. I was more commenting on the fact they both basically knew they were it and they were going to make it work regardless after six month. They were in a bubble nurturing their relationship outside of the media's eyes. Probably the best thing that happened for them. They were in a very solid place before anything was aware so when the **** did hit the fan it was like whatever.
Yes...I think that 6 months under radar was instrumental in them being able to figure out if they wanted to take it to the next step.

If they had been unable to take that time (say the media found out a month in) neither of them might of willing to push past the craziness to see where it might go.


LaRae
  #972  
Old 01-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,858
'All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players'
  #973  
Old 01-01-2018, 02:03 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,769
Exactly. I think the fact they went half a year without anyone knowing about them was the best thing that could have happened for their relationship. They really got to take their time and figure things out under the radar. Had they been outed earlier then I don't think they would have likely lasted with their LDR. By the time it was revealed they had invested a lot of time and emotions into each other. So all that extra stuff was "noise" to them. Also she likely had meet many of the key people. I always thought it was interesting that William put out a statement defending his brother's statement. They were all aware of the importance of this relationship and were in support. It was the media who were in shocked.
  #974  
Old 01-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
It's also crucial Imo, that both knew, that they needed as much and as long period of privacy to build that strong foundation. After 6 months they were a team already, and each other's priority. So both were perfectly happy with staying at home, visiting friends and family, and didn't have a big interest in going out on dates. And imho all this strong foundation shows when they're seen together, they imho come across as a team.
  #975  
Old 01-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Exactly. I think the fact they went half a year without anyone knowing about them was the best thing that could have happened for their relationship. They really got to take their time and figure things out under the radar. Had they been outed earlier then I don't think they would have likely lasted with their LDR. By the time it was revealed they had invested a lot of time and emotions into each other. So all that extra stuff was "noise" to them. Also she likely had meet many of the key people. I always thought it was interesting that William put out a statement defending his brother's statement. They were all aware of the importance of this relationship and were in support. It was the media who were in shocked.

Yes the media always seems surprised when they are left out of the loop! HA!

If I ever were to meet Harry/Meghan I would congratulate them on figuring out how to get around the media for basically their whole relationship.

She said (after the news broke) that they made a decision to shut it all out and not read any of it (good or bad) and just focus on each other. Super smart decision.

I think by 6 months in Meghan had met William (possibly Charles as well) and William knew how involved things were.

It's pretty obvious this relationship had a ton of support from the key people in Harry's life.


LaRae
  #976  
Old 01-01-2018, 02:22 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
It's also crucial Imo, that both knew, that they needed as much and as long period of privacy to build that strong foundation. After 6 months they were a team already, and each other's priority. So both were perfectly happy with staying at home, visiting friends and family, and didn't have a big interest in going out on dates. And imho all this strong foundation shows when they're seen together, they imho come across as a team.
They are definitely a team. No question there. And major respect to those true friends and family in her life who stayed quiet during the initial stages. It had to be wild for them. She was clearly still living her life and spending time with friends yet was also zipping back and forth from London. They all provided cover for them to explore their relationship away from prying eyes. I am sure they were even shocked how long they were able to stay a secret. 6 months is a long time for someone as high profile as Harry. It is kind of amazing.

Meghan was obviously staying at Nott Cott so I do think by the time they were outed by the media she had already met Charles, Camilla, William and Kate. They seemed to have a very intense beginning so seems nature. Also we know she was around many if his own friends who provided them covers. They talked about hosting family and friends. So she was well into his life before the media even knew she existed in his.
  #977  
Old 01-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,228
Please note that posts discussing who will walk down the aisle with Meghan on her wedding day have been moved to the Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings - The Royal Forums thread.
__________________
JACK
  #978  
Old 01-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

She said (after the news broke) that they made a decision to shut it all out and not read any of it (good or bad) and just focus on each other. Super smart decision.

LaRae
Long time reader, first time posting. Hello everyone.

Yes, if anything all the media craziness I think brought them closer together. It became them against the world. It's amazing what happens when people can focus all their attention on each other, love it.
  #979  
Old 01-10-2018, 04:30 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,774
Welcome to TRF Toukale! Glad to see you're diving right into the water and posting.

When Harry and Meghan first met, they both had experience with the craziness of the press and were able from the very first to realize that they both had something special in each other and needed to keep it just between themselves. This couple has proven that they're masters at staying under the radar and keeping their private life away from the glare of the media for just about the entire courtship.

As they realized that this relationship was heading towards marriage and eventually family, maintaining their privacy has set the stage for how it will be in the future. Even now, we only see Harry and Meghan when they want to be visible. They aren't seen coming in and out of pubs and restaurants or going to the theater.

Like William and Kate, they'll have that firm line in the sand between public and private and expect that to be honored. These people know what they're doing.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #980  
Old 01-10-2018, 12:18 PM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When Harry and Meghan first met, they both had experience with the craziness of the press
Well, I don't know if you can really say that about Meghan. She'd had experience with the press, yes, from the point of being someone in a line of work where visibility is a necessary commodity and so you must try to get press attention and take advantage of it when you can. But she'd been living in that sweet spot where she could line things up via a publicist, get an interview here or an appearance there...and then live pretty anonymously in her off hours. That ended a little over a year ago.

I do agree that the experience of evading unwanted attention together is probably a bonding one. I do hope, for their sakes, that the form of that bonding is less an "us against them" mentality (which is ultimately a weak foundation for a long-term relationship) and more a "we can't really be out and about without getting photographed, so let's fill our time with a ton of talking and really getting to understand each other deeply" approach (which is a much stronger foundation).
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meghan Markle: Future Tiaras and Jewels soapstar Royal Jewels General Discussion 197 01-09-2020 10:29 AM
Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018 soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3418 06-19-2018 01:39 PM
Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings soapstar Royal Style File 1819 05-19-2018 06:22 AM
Meghan Markle: Wedding Tiara and Jewelry Suggestions and Musings Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 999 05-19-2018 06:02 AM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries crown jewels daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family life family tree genetics gradenigo harry and meghan hello! highgrove history hochberg hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists monarchy mongolia names plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family st edward sussex suthida thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×