The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Courtier

Catharina-Amalia of Netherlands is wearing the same dress as Meghan's.
In several MEDIA outlets, Meghan's dress was reported to be in the $75,000 range! I thought WOW! and now Princess CA is a similar dress - WOW
Dutch Royal Family Released Their A 2017 Christmas Photo | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion

Old 12-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Catharina-Amalia of Netherlands is wearing the same dress as Meghan's.
In several MEDIA outlets, Meghan's dress was reported to be in the $75,000 range! I thought WOW! and now Princess CA is a similar dress - WOW
Dutch Royal Family Released Their A 2017 Christmas Photo | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion
Wrong dress. It is her engagement photo dress, the ballgown, which was reported to be upwards of $75,000. The dress Amalia is wearing is the dress Meghan wore to the family Christmas lunch at Buckingham.

Her Christmas party dress was from self portrait, definitely not that price tag. It cost 300 pounds (though was on sale for 180 recently)

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...-self-portrait

Old 12-31-2017, 01:14 PM
Commoner

Here is an 'body language' analysis of Harry & Meghan's engagement interview. The poster makes some interesting observations about their body language - I don't know if he's right - its just some interesting to think about. No bombshell 'revelations' or predictions of doom or anything, just observations about their body language. (I tried to post this earlier, but it didn't show up - sorry if it ends up in a double post)

Old 01-01-2018, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

It’s interesting and no doom and gloom
Old 01-01-2018, 02:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't put much stock into so called body language experts. But this guy put me off when he started saying the interviewer was mentally unstable because of how much white of her eye she was showing in 5 seconds of an interview.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:31 AM
Royal Highness

Mentality unstable because there is to much white of her eyes showing.......who the heck is this character? And we are to believe this stuff coming out of his mouth and why? IMHO this is another character wanting 15 minutes of fame and then maybe a half second more of fame..........

The unstable's are creeping out of the worm holes in the woodwork for sure now....
Old 01-01-2018, 02:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh I didn’t see that bit about eyes
Old 01-01-2018, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Oh I didn’t see that bit about eyes
First couple seconds of the interview. Before he moved on to Harry and Meghan. Said her eyes were a sign of mental instability and likely depression. That her eyebrows said she was too serious and in control, probably unromantic. Even criticized her wearing purple, saying it symbolized the death of Christ, and therefor she was cold.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:08 AM
Heir Apparent

That was an interesting and ridiculous video. I am into signs and body language stuff but some of that was just so over the top especially about the interview. It immediately took me out with that and made it hard to take anything else serious though he did have some interesting comments that I too felt watching. Mostly his comments about her work. I also got the sense watching that Harry was uncomfortable hearing her work (aka independence) but I took it more that he knows what she gave up for him and he doesn't like her being reminded.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:07 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't put much stock into so called body language experts. But this guy put me off when he started saying the interviewer was mentally unstable because of how much white of her eye she was showing in 5 seconds of an interview.
I agree that the comments about the interviewers eyes and wearing purple were odd.

I found it interesting that he thought Harry liked that their 'story' was a bit of a whirlwind. He also thought that Harry might not be sure his dad fully approved. Again, I have no idea if this body-language guy has any insight - its just interesting to try to read what they're really thinking
Old 01-01-2018, 06:43 AM
Serene Highness

I wrote that body language expert off completely due to the comments about the interviewer. Many of these experts imho insert a lot of their own ideals and expectation into their expert reading, and step into commenting about things they simply cannot comment about based on one interview, when not even being the one doing the interview. I think Charles was mentioned once very shortly in that interview, and this expert jumps to big conclusions over those 5 or so seconds.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:12 AM
Courtier

I think he was right about Meghan being the "serious" one and Harry being interested in the unconventionality of the marriage.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

I think Harry often times comes across quite serious in the relationship too. So much of that analysis was about the experts own opinions and interpretation based on that. Where the heck did that 'maybe he thinks his dad doesn't really approve' cone from. Charles wasn't even mentioned. He also assumed that the word 'cottage' was downplaying their home, but isn't it a quite cozy smallish cottage?
Old 01-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It is smaller and intimate but most people just know that he lives at Kensington Palace and imagine him in this *huge* domicile and don't realize that he actually lives in an outbuilding called Nottingham Cottage.

So "our cottage" was quite right on the money.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Both of them strike me as having a deep thinker side, but also understand the importance of finding humor in life.

As for unconventional. Well, we have to keep in mind that it’s not just Harry that led an unconventional life before this. I remember watching all the TV specials once the engagement was announced, and there was one thing that caught my attention at the end of one. The commentator was commenting on how important it was for Harry to find someone that shares his passion for his work, and while many can say they love giving back, how many people can actually say they’ve been to Rwanda or they’ve given speech at UN for gender equality. So while Meghan seemed like one of us normal folks, she truly was quite unconventional in her own right.

As for body language, while I do believe there are tall tale signs in how we act, I’ve always had issues with it being used in this way. Part of it is because they have no context. Does Meghan, after being an actress for years and observing herself on camera, refrain from certain natural behavior because it looks odd on TV? Does Harry clam up a bit in front of cameras? And so on. These are questions we can’t answer unless we’ve seen them in their natural state. And this renders this unreliable at best.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Not that I'm defending him personally but it's rather ironic to see posters dismissing that video. On this board, on a daily basis, posters make statements about which royals like each other or not, which royals are good parents or not, which families are warm and loving or not, with no more evidence than photographs and short video snippets!

No different to what the fellow in that video did. He likely knows no less about how royals truly feel than the rest of us. This is why I feel we should be reluctant to make any judgements on how these people really feel about one another on the basis of split second photos or staged videos.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

That man claims to be some sort of body language expert, and is claiming depression and mental issues on the interviewer. None of us claim to have any expertise, we are simply discussing our opinions, and often state, that we could be wrong.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Majesty

There was a quote about Princess Grace. A member of another royal family said ‘how can I ever trust her, she’s an actress’. Meaning how will I ever know the real Princess Grace.

I think we’re seeing some of that with Meghan Markle.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
There was a quote about Princess Grace. A member of another royal family said ‘how can I ever trust her, she’s an actress’. Meaning how will I ever know the real Princess Grace.

That is with everyone if we are being completely honest. No one really shows their true self to strangers and the royal family are the biggest actors of them all. It is a show. Of course we are seeing that with Meghan. We seeing that with just about all public figures.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Queen Frediriki of Greece said that about Princess Grace.. When you take in to account how and who Frederiki was, I think it says more about her that Princess Grace.

Closed Thread