The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some folks just aren’t used to seeing the British royals taking engagement portraits in this manner. I Would say, “get used to it” because Harry and Meghan’s engagement portraits are absolutely stunning.

I’m sure we will receive more stunning pictures from this more modern couple for the wedding and their baby christening pics down the line.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-21-2017, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I agree with someone who wrote that the pictures look like a fragrance ad or some photoshoot for a fashion/celebrity magazine.

But! It's good to see Harry being that happy and content and in love as he is and the photos show that perfectly. I especially liked the "wrap her in my coat gesture". It's cute, it shows intimacy and love and protectiveness.
God, no more all matchy matchy outfits. It was cute at first, now it's just getting nauseating. Talk about cheesy. And people realize that the fashion ads are very expensive and well done artistically right? There is a reason why those campaigns cost millions of dollars and generate millions of dollars. It's well done.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder if they'll release a set of stamps for the engagement, they usually do.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Some folks just aren’t used to seeing the British royals taking engagement portraits in this manner. I Would say, “get used to it” because Harry and Meghan’s engagement portraits are absolutely stunning.

I’m sure we will receive more stunning pictures from this more modern couple for the wedding and their baby christening pics down the line.
Gotta love it..people pissed and moaned about how wooden and dull K&W looked in the Christmas photo....now folks are pissing and moaning about H&M pics being either too 'Hollywood/Commercial' .

LaRae
Old 12-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Commoner

I love them all but the pic of them sitting is my fav.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eden_candy View Post
I love them all but the pic of them sitting is my fav.
The seated pic is my favorite also. I do like the sweater pic but I don't care for the walking photo.

LaRae
Old 12-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I absolutely love the official photos - Harry and Meghan look so happy together and I think that's my favourite thing because the photos have such a natural, casual feel to them even though they are formal. I also like the fact that they were taken in Windsor as a nod to the location of their wedding.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
And people realize that the fashion ads are very expensive and well done artistically right? There is a reason why those campaigns cost millions of dollars and generate millions of dollars. It's well done.
LORD, NO, no matchy-matchy, just... coordinated Like in dress code. I just think that quite a casual suit doesn't fit good with a couture gown. Maybe I'd like the pictures more if his suit was more elegant.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
LORD, NO, no matchy-matchy, just... coordinated Like in dress code. I just think that quite a casual suit doesn't fit good with a couture gown. Maybe I'd like the pictures more if his suit was more elegant.

And yes, people realize that fashion ads are very expensive and well done artistically. They just don't want them from the royal family? Glamour and fashion is great, but you know, too much love can kill you
I think a lot of people say it'd match better if he was in a more formal suit, but I don't know if that'd actually be a good overall look or if this is one of those things where we think it'd look better in our minds and then not be the case? If you really look at it, Meghan's look is actually on the more tone down side of what she could with that dress. She could've done more with her hair to make it really formal. However, she chose a more relaxed look. This is the high fashion part about this, and quite fitting with Meghan where things seem to be perfectly polished, but there is something relaxed about it. I do think his blue suit in this case worked well as it gave the portraits more color and is a lighter style to lighten the overall look. After all, they are in the daylight.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

The engagement photos are stunning, as is Prince Lubomirska..who if I am not mistaken is related to Queen Mathilde on her mother's side!

Anyway I hope he takes the wedding photos too!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Nobility

Harry & Meghan’s Engagement photos remind me so much of the original & beautiful photo shoots Princess Diana did. I remember when Diana started working with Mario Testino there were some feathers ruffled among some traditionalists, until other Royals started using him too.

Some of the Queen’s pictures taken by celebrity photographer, Annie Leibovitz, were thought by some people to be too casual, but they were also lovely. It’s kind of funny all of the discussion and double standard about Royals, supposed bad optics & glamour when people come from all over the world to see the Crown Jewels and love to see when they & other expensive jewelry are being worn by the BRF at public & private events.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If you really look at it, Meghan's look is actually on the more tone down side of what she could with that dress. She could've done more with her hair to make it really formal. However, she chose a more relaxed look. This is the high fashion part about this, and quite fitting with Meghan where things seem to be perfectly polished, but there is something relaxed about it. I do think his blue suit in this case worked well as it gave the portraits more color and is a lighter style to lighten the overall look. After all, they are in the daylight.
Yes, these are my thoughts and it's exactly why I don't have a problem with what Harry is wearing. But I understand those who want him to wear a different color, so carry on.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the creepiest thing I've seen as far as commemorative items for a royal wedding were the William and Kate Wedding Commemorative condoms.
I wanted the W & K Barbie dolls, but they sold out fast. A friend of mine has collected Barbie dolls her whole life and she didn't even get them.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think a lot of people say it'd match better if he was in a more formal suit, but I don't know if that'd actually be a good overall look or if this is one of those things where we think it'd look better in our minds and then not be the case? If you really look at it, Meghan's look is actually on the more tone down side of what she could with that dress. She could've done more with her hair to make it really formal. However, she chose a more relaxed look. This is the high fashion part about this, and quite fitting with Meghan where things seem to be perfectly polished, but there is something relaxed about it. I do think his blue suit in this case worked well as it gave the portraits more color and is a lighter style to lighten the overall look. After all, they are in the daylight.
You know, maybe. But I would like to see a more formal suit. Not a tuxedo, because that would be probably too much, but a really nice, a bit formal suit that fits him well.
As for the dress and doing more with it, I won't go there, because I feel like I'm saying the same thing all the time. For me, the dress was too much, didn't fit the occasion, make the photos look weird. For me. And everyone is entitled to have their own opinion about it.

I'm all about relaxing a little, but I would like the couple, their love and hapiness to be in the foreground, not the dress.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Gotta love it..people pissed and moaned about how wooden and dull K&W looked in the Christmas photo....now folks are pissing and moaning about H&M pics being either too 'Hollywood/Commercial' .

LaRae
Preach on, so true. It's not Harry but Meghan they can't stand. I really don't know why. She seems to be perfect for him. She was her own woman before she met him. Educated, Beautiful, her own person, Strong, etc........ I can't think of better qualities in a woman for him
Old 12-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I love love love the photos! I never like Mario Testino's photos because the people look so flat. His protege has passed the master!
I wholeheartedly agree he has surpassed him, although I do like Testino's photos!! I think these may be the best photos I have ever seen!
Old 12-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
Preach on, so true. It's not Harry but Meghan they can't stand. I really don't know why. She seems to be perfect for him. She was her own woman before she met him. Educated, Beautiful, her own person, Strong, etc........ I can't think of better qualities in a woman for him
You can have an opinion on a photo without having any ill feelings towards any of the photos, you know.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You know, maybe. But I would like to see a more formal suit. Not a tuxedo, because that would be probably too much, but a really nice, a bit formal suit that fits him well.
As for the dress and doing more with it, I won't go there, because I feel like I'm saying the same thing all the time. For me, the dress was too much, didn't fit the occasion, make the photos look weird. For me. And everyone is entitled to have their own opinion about it.

I'm all about relaxing a little, but I would like the couple, their love and hapiness to be in the foreground, not the dress.
I don't feel the dress is in the foreground though. She wore the dress, it didn't wear her. Except for the candid picture, we didn't even see the full dress.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
You can have an opinion on a photo without having any ill feelings towards any of the photos, you know.
Yes, that! I just want to say that I like Meghan, I think she's a great person, compassionate, intelligent, talented and all of that. My good opinion of her as a person do not interfere with not liking the dress.

Quote:
I don't feel the dress is in the foreground though. She wore the dress, it didn't wear her. Except for the candid picture, we didn't even see the full dress.
You know, I think this time it is the case where she didn't manage the "she wore the dress, it didn't wear her" thing. For me, at least. If the dress was somehow... less, I could focus on a couple easier.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
God, no more all matchy matchy outfits. It was cute at first, now it's just getting nauseating. Talk about cheesy. ...
Um, it was never cute. The matchy outfits have a very teenage going to prom look at me I’ve got a boyfriend vibe.

The chemistry between the couple is perfectly captured by the photographs, my compliments to the photographer.

Closed Thread