The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Will there be offizcial Engagement Photos with evening gown and tiara?
There will be official engagement photos, but it wonít involve evening gown and tiara. None of them have in the past

Old 12-02-2017, 02:37 AM
Majesty

I don't know about formal wear like tiaras but I am looking forward to seeing a set of photos of the happy couple sometime towards Xmas.
Btw, I hope they send out photos of themselves on the Christmas cards they send out this year.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don't know about formal wear like tiaras but I am looking forward to seeing a set of photos of the happy couple sometime towards Xmas.
Btw, I hope they send out photos of themselves on the Christmas cards they send out this year.
Do engaged royal couples typically send out joint Christmas cards? I was thinking about this the other day, but I wasnít sure when Will and Kate had their first one.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:56 AM
Majesty

I remember years and years ago Harry and Chelsy sent out a Xmas card of their heads imposed on figures of elves dancing in the snow with friends. Of course they weren't engaged and this was a private card that had escaped onto the Internet, but it shows that Harry was sending mutual cards in his twenties, and I don't think he'd mind doing so with Meghan.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Do engaged royal couples typically send out joint Christmas cards? I was thinking about this the other day, but I wasnít sure when Will and Kate had their first one.
No. But their engagement photos posted would be a nice Christmas gift to all. Perhaps take a page from Anne and Mark, who included a dog in their engagement photos. Have Guy with them in a lovely Christmas setting
Old 12-02-2017, 03:47 AM
Majesty

That would be beautiful. Perhaps near a Christmas tree, open fire roaring away.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/11/29...ys-engagement/

Not sure if this has been shared yet. Those polled were asked five questions related to the engagement and do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion about the following members or soon to be member of the BRF: QEII, DoE, PoW, Duchess of Cornwall, Cambridges, PH and Meghan Markle.

Quick summary-The response to their engagement is mostly positive,though what I found interesting is that those polled think it would be acceptable for Meghan to have a career.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/11/29...ys-engagement/

Not sure if this has been shared yet. Those polled were asked five questions related to the engagement and do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion about the following members or soon to be member of the BRF: QEII, DoE, PoW, Duchess of Cornwall, Cambridges, PH and Meghan Markle.

Quick summary-The response to their engagement is mostly positive,though what I found interesting is that those polled think it would be acceptable for Meghan to have a career.
Abstractly saying it would be fine or even good for Meghan to have a career is different than making it work in reality. There are unique difficulties for someone who is a Senior Royal. Just ask Sophie.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely agree that it would be difficult for her to actually have a career, but I found it interesting that the public believed it would be acceptable. To me it suggests a shift in attitude in how the monarchy is being perceived and that the public would react if someone in the family opted to have a career in lieu of royal duties.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Majesty

I think it's linked to that idea the British public seems to have that every Royal lives off them. It's typified by the attitude of the commenters at the Fail who often finish a rant about a young Royal by writing 'Get a job!'

I don't think most in Britain know how Royal finances work at all really. They certainly don't factor in the very real disadvantages of married-in wives having jobs in the commercial sector. It would be just impossible. Anyway, the question's moot as Harry made it clear in the engagement interview that Meghan will be joining the Firm.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No, you wonít see Meghan in a tiara until the wedding. Engagement photos are generally less formal so I doubt we will see a formal gown.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes W&K's were very casual ..great pics too!

LaRae
Old 12-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Majesty

Body language 'experts' have their say on Harry and Meghan's demeanour at Nottingham!

Body Language Experts Decode Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's First Official Outing
Old 12-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
There will be some engagement portraits just before or after Christmas.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think it's linked to that idea the British public seems to have that every Royal lives off them. It's typified by the attitude of the commenters at the Fail who often finish a rant about a young Royal by writing 'Get a job!'

I don't think most in Britain know how Royal finances work at all really. They certainly don't factor in the very real disadvantages of married-in wives having jobs in the commercial sector. It would be just impossible. Anyway, the question's moot as Harry made it clear in the engagement interview that Meghan will be joining the Firm.
Yes because every balcony photo taken at the Trooping of the Color has someone complaining that they pay for everyone standing there. I do have to wonder though that in the future will we see a much slimmer pool of working royals modeled on the Dutch, Norwegian or Spanish royal families with the adult participation being limited to monarch/consort, adult heir/spouse and perhaps one of the monarch's adult siblings or a second adult child/spouse? That would require a shift in the focus of the royal patronages to a national level rather many regional ones. Don't see it happening now, but possibly when William's reign begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes W&K's were very casual ..great pics too!

LaRae
Yes I could see Harry and Meghan opting for casual ones similar to W & K or a few of Charles' and Diana's.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Majesty

Yes, I agree, TLLK. That is very likely to happen. All monarchies that are still around in twenty to thirty years time will probably adopt that model. When William becomes King he may well be in his late fifties however and Harry only a little younger. I do see Harry in harness in some capacity or other in his brother's reign.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, I agree, TLLK. That is very likely to happen. All monarchies that are still around in twenty to thirty years time will probably adopt that model. When William becomes King he may well be in his late fifties however and Harry only a little younger. I do see Harry in harness in some capacity or other in his brother's reign.
If William comes to the throne in his fifties, itís likely that George wonít be that involved with royal duties yet. I anticipate a similar path as William had for George. If thatís the case, William, Catherine, Harry, and Meghan will have their hands full.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Was there any newspaper statement that Prince Harry had asked Meghan's father for permission to marry Meghan?
Old 12-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Was there any newspaper statement that Prince Harry had asked Meghan's father for permission to marry Meghan?
It was in the official announcement: he asked her parents (so father and mother!).
Old 12-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Yes, it has been confirmed he asked permission. It was included in the statement from Clarence house.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...nt-1142125.jpg

Closed Thread