The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yep, keeps you from getting the big head!

LaRae

Old 11-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I love William's dig at Harry about the food. We've often gotten the mental picture of Harry raiding the fridge and romping noisily with his niece and nephew and that to me, shows a closeness. Especially when the Obamas visited the Cambridges at home and George pipes up "Why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?".

Now I'm getting mental images of Meghan and Kate swapping recipes and the families sitting down for a Sunday dinner or a Saturday night pizza and playing cards or board games. I think these two couples will be very close and supportive of each other. It can't get any better than that.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I love William's dig at Harry about the food. We've often gotten the mental picture of Harry raiding the fridge and romping noisily with his niece and nephew and that to me, shows a closeness. Especially when the Obamas visited the Cambridges at home and George pipes up "Why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?".

Now I'm getting mental images of Meghan and Kate swapping recipes and the families sitting down for a Sunday dinner or a Saturday night pizza and playing cards or board games. I think these two couples will be very close and supportive of each other. It can't get any better than that.
Itís wonderful to have a sister-in-law (your husbandís brotherís wife, not his sister). You are both from outside the family, and it is fun to share your impressions of the family with someone who will be utterly discreet. Itís not automatically that way, but when it is, itís lovely.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Gives a new twist to great grandpa George VI saying ďus fourĒ.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:25 PM
Commoner

Just getting caught up with this thread and have to say I loved watching the engagement interview with Harry and Meghan. I think Harry, like William, picked the right one - she seems level-headed, intelligent, mature, and articulate. They seem to have given this a lot of thought and took time out of the public eye to get to know one another. She also seems savvy with public relations and media and this will go a long way....
Old 11-29-2017, 09:32 PM
Majesty

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...meghan-markle/

Mishal Husain's thoughts after interviewing the couple on their engagement.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronprinz View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Windsor would be laughing right now.

The Queen Mother is probably turning in her grave.

You know, there are other sites out there who share your rather sad attitude. Please, go find one. That way, you can be w/others who share your outlook & everyone will be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I think Meghan impressed a lot of people with that interview today. She showed folks that she was ready to take on this role - she's a great public speaker and she just lit up the screen. You could really see why Harry loves her so much.

And - gah - the way he was looking at her as she spoke. And then how she looked at him when he spoke?

It reminded me SO much of the way Michelle and Barack look at each other when one of them is speaking in an interview.

*my heart*

Thank you!! Both my Sister & I were trying to figure out the other night who it was Harry & Meghan were reminding us of, but wasn't able to twig who it was, but you're right. The Obamas do that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I didnít know that! Learn something new everyday! I canít believe they even terrorize Prince Phillip, theyíve got guts! But that makes them being so taken with Meghan from the beginning all the more interesting.

I can. Corgis are VERY territorial & possessive. My Cousin had one & we were all amazed how considering how skittish I am around dogs, both due to my limited vision & having been attacked by one when I was 4 yrs old, that I was one of Scully's favourite people. She'd come & put her head in my lap for ear scratches & pats & I was one of only 3 she'd do that w/. So for the Corgis to take to Meghan is a very big thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa View Post
There was a poignant throwback to the engagement day of Harry's parents. When asked by the interviewer "..........And in love?" Diana giggled shyly, blushed, and replied "Of course". When asked if his proposal had been romantic, Harry -complete with tiny giggle and a hint of blush- replied "Of course"! Diana's presence was there in more than just the two smaller diamonds in Meghan's magnificent ring.

I caught that & started tearing up. Mom couldn't understand why that got me choked up until I explained it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I love this!

James Whatling‏
@JWhatling
16h16 hours ago

So there you have it. If this is the face of a new, more modern Monarchy then it's alright with me. Congratulations Harry & Meghan, you have both chosen very well. To those that doubted, hated and poured scorn, I hope you choked on your cornflakes this morning #harryandmeghan

I loved that too & too true too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Chris Ship‏Verified account
@chrisshipitv

Prince William on Harry's #royalwedding: "Personally, I hope it means he stays out of my fridge and will stop him scrounging my food which he's done for the last few years" #fridgegate

Too funny!

Hadn't seen that one & ROTFLOL!! Oh Brothers!!

Quote:
I love William's dig at Harry about the food. We've often gotten the mental picture of Harry raiding the fridge and romping noisily with his niece and nephew and that to me, shows a closeness. Especially when the Obamas visited the Cambridges at home and George pipes up "Why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?". .

I'd forgotten about that. Ah...The mouth of babes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Europe has many more royal families... For example, the Duchess of Brabant turned 16 last month.
Oh Yikes...That can't be!! Thanks for making me feel old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronprinz View Post
Why? I think hardly anyone would disturb her. That would only make sense if Meghan was around and she is not.

Did Kate's parents also got security between the engagement and the wedding?

Kate's Parents aren't African Americans living in a very highly racially divided Country at the moment. Meghan's Mother is & sadly, this news doesn't surprise me.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I am happy for them and I am glad the Queen comes with the new era and did not object on Meghan because she was married before or her mother being African American. They will have gorgeous kids! wishing them a long happy life together! and the power of love over everything makes my day!
Old 11-29-2017, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...meghan-markle/

Mishal Husain's thoughts after interviewing the couple on their engagement.
I agree with her. Especially about the part where they've put a great amount of thought into what it means to be together. I know there were a lot of concern expressed on here that they haven't lived together extensively and have had a long distance relationship so far. Some are worried that Meghan might not be fully aware of what she is walking into in terms of the institution. But it seemed to me that they have their eyes wide open and she's done her homework.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:38 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about security for Meghan's mother have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...und-43856.html thread.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

On another note, Kensington Palace said there will be an official engagement photo, but it has not been scheduled yet. I wonder if Guy will be part of it?
Old 11-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

I hope Meghan has already started practising that deep curtsey to the Queen.

She has a lifetime of curtsies ahead of her.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Seeing as she's met the Queen several times already and Charles, etc..I'd wager she's got her curtseying down pat. Now she'll have to get used to people curtseying to her.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

And the day I first log off from the forums, the biiig announcement I've been waiting for since news of their relationship has arrived! Congratulations to Meghan and Harry!

I really liked Meghan in the engagement interview. She came across as very professional and confident, but humble and regular as well. It seems like she "knows what she's letting herself in for" and has gotten the stamp of approval from the rest of the immediate BRF. I like that Catherine has met her - I can imagine her and Meghan getting on well. I think Meghan will be a great asset to the RF and I'm particularly interested in seeing her keep up with her charity work as princess.
Linguist Noam Chomsky has stated that he thinks Meghan is not a good match for the RF, but I actually think that she is helping to regain interest in the RF. Fans of Suits and the acting world will probably continue to follow Meghan post-marriage, and her likeable personality will garner new interest too. I have a friend who is quite a strong republican but she thinks that Meghan is making her be won over by the BRF as she said that she's going to start following them more often now as she wants to see how Meghan settles in.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
Haha! This is fantastic!! Love William's dry sense of humor.
I never realized how much William is like Charles... he looks more like Diana, but he definitely carries himself like Charles. Wow - he sounds just like him. You can see why he fits so well with Kate.

Harry seems much more like Diana in terms of how he carries himself. It's very obvious why he and Meghan get on so well and seem so right for one another.

I love it when couples just seem to fit so well together. It just makes it seem like true love really is possible and we can all find someone who fits well with us. Lately I've wondered whether that's possible anymore.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC aired a special Harry and Meghan: A Royal Engagement

Old 12-02-2017, 01:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh my William was fantastic. Definite big brother jab there

He is definitely a lot like his dad in the humor department.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:28 AM
Heir Apparent

BTW, now that I think about it. There were a lot of rumors that when her and Harry went to Buckingham Palace to have tea with the Queen in early November while she was in London for a few days was to ask for permission to marry. Knowing what we know now, it's likely Harry already asked for HMQ's permission before then and they were likely just sharing the goods news with the Queen then. Harry did say his grandparents knew for awhile.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:33 AM
Courtier

Will there be offizcial Engagement Photos with evening gown and tiara?
Old 12-02-2017, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

The meeting for tea was actually mid October.

Prince Harry Takes Meghan Markle for Tea with Queen Elizabeth | PEOPLE.com

I think he likely had spoken to his gran a few times before then, unofficially. I doubt the relationship would have gone on, if he didn't know she'd approve. The tea seems more like a stamp of approval. Perhaps he had the conversation with her about the engagement, officially, shortly after.

I do think he likely shared with Gran and Philip pretty shortly after proposing.

Quote:
Will there be offizcial Engagement Photos with evening gown and tiara?
The first time Meghan will wear a tiara is on her wedding day, certainly not engagement photos. And it wont be some formal portrait, evening gown wise either. Not sure I have seen engagement photos of any couple (even continent) that were that formal.

To give you an idea:

Will and Kate:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/23/6e...cd56fdb6b0.jpg

Charles and Diana:
https://www.purelydiamonds.co.uk/blo...6/06/diana.jpg
https://bmsf.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...gagement-1.jpg

Andrew and Fergie
http://theroyalpost.com/wp-content/u...erguson-11.jpg

Anne and Mark
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...t-May-1973.jpg

Closed Thread