Very nicely said by Camilla.

LaRae

Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
https://www.facebook.com/TELEGRAPH.C...6510099584749/

Ok there's no sound but this is cute...taken after the end of the interview
To me it looks as if Harry at some point says there was one moment in the interview that he felt they (he?) said something wrong but other than that he was happy with the interview.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
It seems like no comment would be taken as they are. Kate's 'protocol' comments aren't good, and Camilla's gushing comments are not sincere. What would've bern the appropriate comment from them?

I'm making my bets on both ladies being happy and thrilled for Harry, and his choice of woman, Meghan.
Thank you, you have said it better than I could. I couldn't find the right words. I think all this over-analyzing and looking for things that aren't there (and if they were, how would we know?) is getting a bit tiresome.
Indeed, just take what's being said for truth. We have no reason to believe otherwise.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
To those who are still detracting, I say this: Meghan will take to her new role like a duck to water, but even if she didn't, I actually believe that Harry loves his fiancée enough to forfeit his place in the line of succession, and live privately, supported financially by his father and brother rather modestly. IF. But they're going to be a brilliant team.
Didn't that ship sail? The queen approved the marriage (otherwise we surely would have heard by now), so forfeiting his place is not on the table?!
Old 11-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

I saw on Twitter where a little girl gave Camilla a card for Harry/Meghan and Camilla said she'd pass it along. Very sweet!

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am just reacting to their comments and to the DM's take on the story, which I think is a fair point.
Reacting to the DM's take on the story? Really? Mbruno, you know the DM better than that.

And taking a snippet of a comment not in context to twist things?
Old 11-28-2017, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
To me it looks as if Harry at some point says there was one moment in the interview that he felt they (he?) said something wrong but other than that he was happy with the interview.
Yeah I wasn't really reading the lips..just watching how they acted.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 09:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
It seems like no comment would be taken as they are. Kate's 'protocol' comments aren't good, and Camilla's gushing comments are not sincere. What would've bern the appropriate comment from them?

I'm making my bets on both ladies being happy and thrilled for Harry, and his choice of woman, Meghan.
I do like Camilla's response a bit better than Catherine's (that seemed rather impersonal and general with her 'every couple would be...') but they are different people.

It seems that William, Catherine and Harry have made it a point NOT to comment too much in public about each other's private lives (recently, Harry deflected questions about Catherine's pregnancy) as they seem to think that is not their place. Based on the engagement interview I don't have any worries that they don't get along or wouldn't be happy with Harry's choice.

So, yes, I am quite sure they are genuinely happy for Harry that he found and is engaged to be married to the person he wants to spend his life with!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I do like Camilla's response a bit better than Catherine's (that seemed rather impersonal and general with her 'every couple would be...') but they are different people.

It seems that William, Catherine and Harry have made it a point NOT to comment too much in public about each other's private lives (recently, Harry deflected questions about Catherine's pregnancy) as they seem to think that is not their place. Based on the engagement interview I don't have any worries that they don't get along or wouldn't be happy with Harry's choice.

So, yes, I am quite sure they are genuinely happy for Harry that he found and is engaged to be married to the person he wants to spend his life with!
I agree. I think Camilla is just more open than Kate... Kate is extremely reserved/private - probably out of remembrance of how she was treated in the press - she probably feels the less said, the better. She always looks slightly wary/uncomfortable with the press.

Camilla is just like ... whatevs!!

I think everyone is thrilled - they've all been waiting for Harry to settle down for a long while, so this is happy news.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:22 AM
Serene Highness

Kate’s comment might have seemed guarded to some but I don’t think you can read anything by that. I’m sure she’s thrilled. Everyone wants a reaction from the family but to parse every word is silly
Old 11-28-2017, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I cannot wait to see Harry and Meghan and the Cambridge’s together. For so long there was just the trio. Now that’s all officially changed.
I believe that we'll see the two couples together for engagements with the Royal Foundation now and then.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Well I guess I was right: she was interrupting him....

Engaged Meghan Markle and Prince Harry interviewed by BBC | Daily Mail Online

The ""Do it again!" is very much proof that she's an actress. She won't have many "takes" when she is "live" at events though!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I believe that we'll see the two couples together for engagements with the Royal Foundation now and then.
Bet they’ll do amazing things together!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

And, if so, Harry doesn't seem to mind at all either.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Majesty

According to Rebecca English Harry and Meghan paid a visit to BP today. Harry waved to crowds and was 'grinning like a Cheshire cat'. Another cuppa?

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...13698097160192
Old 11-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just saw that Curryong...so what do you think?

Delivering the date/place info for the release?

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe firming up the venue announcement
Old 11-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Majesty

It might have been just a courtesy visit to tell Grannie how they thought the engagement interview went. Or perhaps discussions are ongoing regarding the choice of wedding venue. I'm resigned to St George's, which is beautiful, but it could be WA.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

I can't imagine what else....too late for luncheon and to early for tea (with the Queen).

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I can't imagine what else....too late for luncheon and to early for tea (with the Queen).

LaRae
Camilla Tominey said a briefing at Buckingham Palace is expected today regarding location and at least the month of the wedding. Probably to finalize some of the details?

Closed Thread