Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of discussions have been moved to other threads to keep the focus of this thread on the engagement itself:

Meghan's visa and citizenship can be discussed in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...eral-news-part-1-november-2017-a-43861-5.html
Meghan's dogs can be discussed in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...eral-news-part-1-november-2017-a-43861-5.html
Meghan's future duties, patronages and American role can be discussed in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-duties-roles-and-responsibilities-43858.html

We have to remember that the boys are actually really tall. It doesn't show with Catherine because she's about 5'9" I believe, plus she wears heels a lot of times. So it seems that the boys aren't as tall, but really they are very tall.

How tall is Meghan ? She seems about 5'4" , 5'5" .

Ok, I have stopped lurking now

I haven't been on the boards for a long time now. It got really bad for a few years ago. But, I always kept creeping in to keep up.

I just wanted to say that I am very happy for both Barry & Meghan. They booth seem very happily in LOVE, and is not afraid to let the world know. I can say that after the news broke about a year ago, and how they kept pretty much to themselves and off the Page 6's and such. I had a feeling about this relationship. He has matured, and is in a better place than he has been in years. It was time & he was ready. From what I know about her & ( non Gossip) she is a great match for him. She gets where he is coming from( in regards to a broken home), she is educated, and like him, she is a caring person and can see through others eyes. I think that she is a woman of Real Substance. The most important thing for me in regards to her was. 1) She was all this Years before meeting him. She was joining causes as far back as Middle school.

2) She doesn't seem to be about the Drama, thank god

3) She has had a LIFE prior to meeting him. She did her own thing for so long. It is just too bad that she can no longer be part of the UN Women's charities & such. But she knew that was coming.
I think that Harry picked a great woman, Something has to be said for Older women :winkiss:. I just wish the best of Luck.

I must also say that I think that the location of the wedding is wonderful. It is something that they wanted, it is close to where his Grandfather is located now & More importantly, Safety Issues. I think that is easier for keeping everyone safe( I was worried about that. there is too much Crae Crae going on now a days). I can't wait for the wedding, this is a great time for them both.

BTW, Love the Ring, it is perfect for her slender fingers. Nothing too over the top. I am pretty sure that she will be getting Push Gifts & additional gifts as the years go on.

Chris Ship‏Verified account
@chrisshipitv

Prince William on Harry's #royalwedding: "Personally, I hope it means he stays out of my fridge and will stop him scrounging my food which he's done for the last few years" #fridgegate

Too funny!

Richard Palmer‏Verified account
@Royalreporter
Following Following @Royalreporter

William: "It's a fantastic process you go through, the engagement and the build up to the wedding and things like that."

Good video response from William...and nice jab at the brother! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there! I am so thrilled about the news! They make a really cute and happy couple, I am really happy about them. I honestly can't wait until the balcony kiss!
I would like to ask you something. I would love to have an autograph from Meghan because I am a fan of her for a year now, so it would be amazing. I have watched her movies and tv projects and so far she is pretty good! Thing is I haven't sent her anything all this time. I have seen other royal brides before the wedding replying personally to some letters. Well I know that after the wedding there is no chance anyone can get an autograph from her due to the royal protocol but before this and maybe she's still an actress. I want to ask you, is something like that possible in a way now that she is not yet married to the Prince? And where to send the mail? Do you know any other way to reach out to her? Thank you a lot, guys. Wish the best to all of you and of course Prince Harry and Ms Markle.

@chrisshipitv

Prince William on Harry's #royalwedding: "Personally, I hope it means he stays out of my fridge and will stop him scrounging my food which he's done for the last few years" #fridgegate

Haha! This is fantastic!! Love William's dry sense of humor.

I used to like Diana's ring when I was a child, then I grew up... I like Meghan's ring and I like that Harry put so much thought into it.

I too think that Megan's ring is perfect for her. She does have nice long fingers but, they are very thin. A Big over the top ring wouldn't look right on her. I think that this is perfect. Besides, she WILL be around for a long time & I am sure that she will have a nice collection for herself down the road.

Hello there! I am so thrilled about the news! They make a really cute and happy couple, I am really happy about them. I honestly can't wait until the balcony kiss!
I would like to ask you something. I would love to have an autograph from Meghan because I am a fan of her for a year now, so it would be amazing. I have watched her movies and tv projects and so far she is pretty good! Thing is I haven't sent her anything all this time. I have seen other royal brides before the wedding replying personally to some letters. Well I know that after the wedding there is no chance anyone can get an autograph from her due to the royal protocol but before this and maybe she's still an actress. I want to ask you, is something like that possible in a way now that she is not yet married to the Prince? And where to send the mail? Do you know any other way to reach out to her? Thank you a lot, guys. Wish the best to all of you and of course Prince Harry and Ms Markle.

There won't be a balcony kiss. There is no balcony at Windsor, where they are getting married (which is what I hoped and said in an earlier post but it was deleted).

Yep, keeps you from getting the big head!

LaRae

I love William's dig at Harry about the food. We've often gotten the mental picture of Harry raiding the fridge and romping noisily with his niece and nephew and that to me, shows a closeness. Especially when the Obamas visited the Cambridges at home and George pipes up "Why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?". :D

Now I'm getting mental images of Meghan and Kate swapping recipes and the families sitting down for a Sunday dinner or a Saturday night pizza and playing cards or board games. I think these two couples will be very close and supportive of each other. It can't get any better than that.

I love William's dig at Harry about the food. We've often gotten the mental picture of Harry raiding the fridge and romping noisily with his niece and nephew and that to me, shows a closeness. Especially when the Obamas visited the Cambridges at home and George pipes up "Why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?". :D

Now I'm getting mental images of Meghan and Kate swapping recipes and the families sitting down for a Sunday dinner or a Saturday night pizza and playing cards or board games. I think these two couples will be very close and supportive of each other. It can't get any better than that.

It’s wonderful to have a sister-in-law (your husband’s brother’s wife, not his sister). You are both from outside the family, and it is fun to share your impressions of the family with someone who will be utterly discreet. It’s not automatically that way, but when it is, it’s lovely.

Gives a new twist to great grandpa George VI saying “us four”.

Just getting caught up with this thread and have to say I loved watching the engagement interview with Harry and Meghan. I think Harry, like William, picked the right one - she seems level-headed, intelligent, mature, and articulate. They seem to have given this a lot of thought and took time out of the public eye to get to know one another. She also seems savvy with public relations and media and this will go a long way....

The Duke and Duchess of Windsor would be laughing right now.

The Queen Mother is probably turning in her grave.

You know, there are other sites out there who share your rather sad attitude. Please, go find one. That way, you can be w/others who share your outlook & everyone will be happy.

I think Meghan impressed a lot of people with that interview today. She showed folks that she was ready to take on this role - she's a great public speaker and she just lit up the screen. You could really see why Harry loves her so much.

And - gah - the way he was looking at her as she spoke. And then how she looked at him when he spoke?

It reminded me SO much of the way Michelle and Barack look at each other when one of them is speaking in an interview.

*my heart*

Thank you!! Both my Sister & I were trying to figure out the other night who it was Harry & Meghan were reminding us of, but wasn't able to twig who it was, but you're right. The Obamas do that too.

I didn’t know that! Learn something new everyday! I can’t believe they even terrorize Prince Phillip, they’ve got guts! :lol: But that makes them being so taken with Meghan from the beginning all the more interesting.

I can. Corgis are VERY territorial & possessive. My Cousin had one & we were all amazed how considering how skittish I am around dogs, both due to my limited vision & having been attacked by one when I was 4 yrs old, that I was one of Scully's favourite people. She'd come & put her head in my lap for ear scratches & pats & I was one of only 3 she'd do that w/. So for the Corgis to take to Meghan is a very big thing. [emoji4]

There was a poignant throwback to the engagement day of Harry's parents. When asked by the interviewer "..........And in love?" Diana giggled shyly, blushed, and replied "Of course". When asked if his proposal had been romantic, Harry -complete with tiny giggle and a hint of blush- replied "Of course"! Diana's presence was there in more than just the two smaller diamonds in Meghan's magnificent ring.

I caught that & started tearing up. Mom couldn't understand why that got me choked up until I explained it. [emoji4]

I love this!

James Whatling‏
@JWhatling
16h16 hours ago

So there you have it. If this is the face of a new, more modern Monarchy then it's alright with me. Congratulations Harry & Meghan, you have both chosen very well. To those that doubted, hated and poured scorn, I hope you choked on your cornflakes this morning #harryandmeghan

I loved that too & too true too.

@chrisshipitv

Too funny!

Hadn't seen that one & ROTFLOL!! Oh Brothers!! [emoji1]

I love William's dig at Harry about the food. We've often gotten the mental picture of Harry raiding the fridge and romping noisily with his niece and nephew and that to me, shows a closeness. Especially when the Obamas visited the Cambridges at home and George pipes up "Why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?". :D.

I'd forgotten about that. Ah...The mouth of babes...[emoji1]

Europe has many more royal families... For example, the Duchess of Brabant turned 16 last month.

Oh Yikes...That can't be!! Thanks for making me feel old. [emoji6]

Why? I think hardly anyone would disturb her. That would only make sense if Meghan was around and she is not.

Did Kate's parents also got security between the engagement and the wedding?

Kate's Parents aren't African Americans living in a very highly racially divided Country at the moment. Meghan's Mother is & sadly, this news doesn't surprise me.

I am happy for them and I am glad the Queen comes with the new era and did not object on Meghan because she was married before or her mother being African American. They will have gorgeous kids! wishing them a long happy life together! and the power of love over everything makes my day!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2017112944388/mishal-husain-talks-prince-harry-meghan-markle/

Mishal Husain's thoughts after interviewing the couple on their engagement.

I agree with her. Especially about the part where they've put a great amount of thought into what it means to be together. I know there were a lot of concern expressed on here that they haven't lived together extensively and have had a long distance relationship so far. Some are worried that Meghan might not be fully aware of what she is walking into in terms of the institution. But it seemed to me that they have their eyes wide open and she's done her homework.

On another note, Kensington Palace said there will be an official engagement photo, but it has not been scheduled yet. I wonder if Guy will be part of it? :D

I hope Meghan has already started practising that deep curtsey to the Queen.

She has a lifetime of curtsies ahead of her.

Seeing as she's met the Queen several times already and Charles, etc..I'd wager she's got her curtseying down pat. Now she'll have to get used to people curtseying to her.

And the day I first log off from the forums, the biiig announcement I've been waiting for since news of their relationship has arrived! Congratulations to Meghan and Harry! ? :twohearts:

I really liked Meghan in the engagement interview. She came across as very professional and confident, but humble and regular as well. It seems like she "knows what she's letting herself in for" and has gotten the stamp of approval from the rest of the immediate BRF. I like that Catherine has met her - I can imagine her and Meghan getting on well. I think Meghan will be a great asset to the RF and I'm particularly interested in seeing her keep up with her charity work as princess.
Linguist Noam Chomsky has stated that he thinks Meghan is not a good match for the RF, but I actually think that she is helping to regain interest in the RF. Fans of Suits and the acting world will probably continue to follow Meghan post-marriage, and her likeable personality will garner new interest too. I have a friend who is quite a strong republican but she thinks that Meghan is making her be won over by the BRF as she said that she's going to start following them more often now as she wants to see how Meghan settles in.

Haha! This is fantastic!! Love William's dry sense of humor.

I never realized how much William is like Charles... he looks more like Diana, but he definitely carries himself like Charles. Wow - he sounds just like him. You can see why he fits so well with Kate.

Harry seems much more like Diana in terms of how he carries himself. It's very obvious why he and Meghan get on so well and seem so right for one another.

I love it when couples just seem to fit so well together. It just makes it seem like true love really is possible and we can all find someone who fits well with us. Lately I've wondered whether that's possible anymore.

BBC aired a special Harry and Meghan: A Royal Engagement

Last edited:
Oh my William was fantastic. Definite big brother jab there :lol:

He is definitely a lot like his dad in the humor department.:D

BTW, now that I think about it. There were a lot of rumors that when her and Harry went to Buckingham Palace to have tea with the Queen in early November while she was in London for a few days was to ask for permission to marry. Knowing what we know now, it's likely Harry already asked for HMQ's permission before then and they were likely just sharing the goods news with the Queen then. Harry did say his grandparents knew for awhile.

Will there be offizcial Engagement Photos with evening gown and tiara?

Will there be offizcial Engagement Photos with evening gown and tiara?

There will be official engagement photos, but it won’t involve evening gown and tiara. None of them have in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom