The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
My first impression and my impressions can't be taken as gospel truth is that the interview was done in Apt. 1A which houses their KP staff and W&K&H have held events and interviews there before. It seems logical to me.

Besides, Harry had his Nott Cott painted in a pink color.
I don't if it's 1A, but it doesn't seem to be Nott Cott. He does have his offices in KP as well in addition to living at Nott Cott, so it wouldn't be surprising to me if it was somewhere else in KP like his other interviews in the past.

I had heard about the pink walls too.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
My first impression and my impressions can't be taken as gospel truth is that the interview was done in Apt. 1A which houses their KP staff and W&K&H have held events and interviews there before. It seems logical to me.

Besides, Harry had his Nott Cott painted in a pink color.
Ins't 1A the private appartment of W&K ?
I suspect they were in the former Diana's appartment, now indeed offices for the Cambridges and Harry.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
funky, dark, and cramped
'Cottage' OFTEN summons up that image, but this Cottage is late 17th Century, with the high ceilings and large Sash windows characteristic of that era.It is ONLY a Cottage in terms of size, compared to the Palace next door...
Old 11-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
That action was indeed quite impulsive and seems rushed but that was more than 15 months ago... So, not sure why that makes their engagement rushed. Harry had his summer already planned and apparently didn't want to wait for 10 weeks (didn't he stay in Africa for 10 weeks last summer?) to see her again. And was able to convince her to come over.

It makes sense that she wanted to make sure that her friend was not organizing a date just because he was a prince. Other than that, yes, I share some of your discomfort but on the other hand, many people nowadays meet by internet, so a friend who thinks that the two of you might get on, is more personal than that.

Their behavior during the interview and photo call leads me to think otherwise. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

I wouldn't expect 'though' questions at an engagement interview; this is their way to present themselves and especially Meghan to the British people - of course they are not asking a royal criticaster to do the interview, that would be very bad PR management of the Firm. And she was actually asked about the comments regarding her ethnicity that I can imagine she rather not talked about. What other 'though' questions did you have in mind? It was interesting how Meghan volunteered information about Harry not having met her father.
I agree with so much of what you have said. I was trying to write an answer to Mbruno's post but yours is good.

The only thing I disagree with is the blind date. I have no discomfort with it. The friend knew them well enough to think they might hit it off--whether she expected this--who knows. But my brothers and I would not exist if friends had not set my parents up on a blind date many years ago.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I also thought it was funny when Harry talked about how the corgis have been barking at him for the past 30 years, and just went up and sat at Meghan's feet quietly when they met her.
My guess is, if anything won the Queen over to approve the marriage it was probably the corgis behavior towards Meghan.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Was the interview filmed in Nott Cott? It looked nice; I had always imagined it as funky, dark, and cramped! (Donít know why I thought that).
I think Nottingham Cottage is more like a normal 2 bedroom house.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I agree with so much of what you have said. I was trying to write an answer to Mbruno's post but yours is good.

The only thing I disagree with is the blind date. I have no discomfort with it. The friend knew them well enough to think they might hit it off--whether she expected this--who knows. But my brothers and I would not exist if friends had not set my parents up on a blind date many years ago.
I met my husband through a mutual friend. She said that she thought that her co-worker and I would be a good match. Since she knows me well, we (he and I) started an online conversation and met a week later. It was a set-up, big time. And it was successful.

Four weeks later he had moved in with me. Two years later we got married. I was divorced and convinced that I would never remarry. He's six years younger than me and never had a serious girlfriend. When we met, we just knew. Sometimes you just know. So yes, I really do think that Harry meant what he said when he was asked "When did you know she was the one?" and he answered "The first time we met":
Old 11-27-2017, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
In the interview Harry said the first of July so....

LaRae
Wasn't that the 'back-to-back' meetings? It sounded as if their first meeting (blind date) took place earlier but it wasn't completely clear to me. After transcribing the relevant part of the interview, I think you are right: beginning of July 2016 seems to be when they first met.

I: And this is how long after you first met?
M: It would be a year and a half.
H: Yeah.
M: Two, a little bit more than that.
H: No, just about a year and a half.
(...)
M: How public it has become, after we had a good 5-6 months of privacy, which was amazing.
(...)

I: How did you first meet?
(...)
H: we met once and then twice, two dates back to back in London, last July, beginning of July. And then it was three maybe four weeks later that I managed to persuade her to come and join me in Botswana and we camped out with each other under the stars. We spend... She came and joined me for 5 days out there. Which was absolutely fantastic. Then we were really by ourselves which was crucial to me to have a chance to get to know each other.

I: The friend who introduced you, was she trying to set you up?
M: Yes, it was definitely a set-up. It was a blind date.
H: A blind date for sure.
(...)
M: And so we went and had, met for a drink and then very quickly into that, we said 'what are we doing tomorrow. We should meet again.
H: Yeah, what are we doing tomorrow. Let's meet again. And then it was right, diaries, we need to get the diaries out and find out how we are going to make this work because I was off to Africa for a month, she was working. And we said, right, where is the gap? And the gap happened to be the perfect place.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Barach Obama has tweeted his congratulations to the couple.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/stat...55366438408192
Old 11-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
My guess is, if anything won the Queen over to approve the marriage it was probably the corgis behavior towards Meghan.
You could be right. Animals are a great judge of character. It was extremely clever of Meghan to bond with the corgis immediately. It would have endeared her to HM I am sure.

Lady Diana Spencer was extremely uncomfortable that the Queen allowed the dogs to remain in the room during tea during the engagement with Charles.. She said that they were under the table the entire time.

I personally would have loved it, but Diana was not that much into dogs sadly.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Barach Obama has tweeted his congratulations to the couple.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/stat...55366438408192
Now that is #Goals right there
Old 11-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

MM I thought it significant that they didn't go more than 2 weeks during this whole dating time period without seeing each other.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Ins't 1A the private appartment of W&K ?
I suspect they were in the former Diana's appartment, now indeed offices for the Cambridges and Harry.
Oh crap! Thanks for catching that, Nico! You're absolutely right. Apt 8&9 were Diana's apartment that has been turned into the offices for the Cambridges nad Harry.

OOOPS! Had my head filled with the engagement roast chicken recipe.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
MM I thought it significant that they didn't go more than 2 weeks during this whole dating time period without seeing each other.

LaRae
They put a lot of work into this relationship already.

And it is amazing that they were able to stay under the radar most of the time!
Old 11-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They put a lot of work into this relationship already.

And it is amazing that they were able to stay under the radar most of the time!
I'm telling ya...there's a book deal to be had there!!!!!

Yep that's a long time period to commit to every 2 weeks when you live in separate countries and have busy schedules.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Some quick thoughts:

1) It seems that they have been in a relationship for less than one year and a half actually. Besides, they admitted they went together to Botswana after only two proper dates. That adds to my perception that their engagement was a little bit rushed and pushed by the media.
Her going to Botswana last year after 2 dates seems rushed, sure, but that was over a year ago. Not entirely sure how it makes the whole engagement rushed.

People very commonly get engaged after just a year together, particularly when theyíre older.

Quote:
2) Maybe it is just me, but I find it odd that someone actually intentionally "set them up" and that Meghan knew beforehand that it was a setup and even inquired from her friend if it was worth it.
What part is odd? To me it very much seems like how set ups work. Person 1 has 2 friends who donít know each other and are single and decides to set them up. Both of them likely know itís a set up and at least one of them is going to ask the mutual friend what the other is like and if the set up is worth it. Having been set up more than once myself, I can assure you that happens a lot.

Quote:
3) Again, maybe it's just me, but I don't get the same feeling that everybody is getting that they seem romantically in love. It sounds to me more like a relationship that is convenient to both parts for different reasons.
I feel like youíre being overly jaded here... a relationship that literally involved one of the two of them making an 8 hour flight on a weekly basis for a year and a half is not a relationship of convenience.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Nobility

I bet the wedding is March 2018. We'll find out tomorrow if I'm right.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I actually once suggested a blind date between a colleague of mine and a friend of my husband; it never happened as said friend soon afterwards met his now wife - so, my slight discomfort doesn't mean that I am set against it. It just feels a little strange and especially to set a prince up with one of your friends
Old 11-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I bet the wedding is March 2018. We'll find out tomorrow if I'm right.
I bet they won't marry in march, during lent. So maybe a rush wedding in early february? If not, may or early june. But we'll see.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

A pleasure to watch the interview. Harry seems absolutely besotted and I do think she will be good for him as she appears quite intelligent a bit older and more mature which is good, and respectful of the rf and in love as well. I love the white coat in Diana’s white garden and the stones in her ring.
Btw, I don’t think anything is rushed at all. My husband and I agreed to marry after knowing each other for one week. We married about two years later. I hope they marry in late March. I was very touched about his remarks about missing his mother, I remember when he was born.

Closed Thread