Duties, Roles and Royal Training of the Princes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm - where to put this?

Grrrrr - still waiting for Harry to get back from Afghanistan and for William to announce his decision about his military future (or lack thereof). Just grrrrrr.

There, I feel better now.

Hmm - where to put this?

Grrrrr - still waiting for Harry to get back from Afghanistan and for William to announce his decision about his military future (or lack thereof). Just grrrrrr.

There, I feel better now.

Prince William's career is discussed in his Air Force thread, and Henry's absence is discussed in his Current Events thread. :flowers:

Henry is due back this week, if the MOD had done it by date he would have been back yesterday but it's more likely friday. However some of my local regiment returned today from their four month tour and they left around the same time. :)

Prince William's career is discussed in his Air Force thread, and Henry's absence is discussed in his Current Events thread. :flowers:

Henry is due back this week, if the MOD had done it by date he would have been back yesterday but it's more likely friday. However some of my local regiment returned today from their four month tour and they left around the same time. :)
Thanks, Lumutqueen. I wanted to post them together and was really just venting. I did not want to be crabby in two places. :lol: But, thank you verily.

Without going into too much detail I can say that William will work shifts and in such a way that he will get longer time off (3/4days) quite regularly. My brother is a Search and rescue pilot in the RAF and typically works on base for several days, then on call where he had to be near bases but not on it for several days then is officially on time off when he can do as he please for 4 or so days. This I would imagine works in William's favour allowing him time to carry out public duties.
I have no clue how Harry works but I thought i read somewhere that he had to ask for special time off to go to Brazil and Jamaica. However from my experiences people in the armed forces can get time off to go on expeditions or adventure training type things which the military feel might boost their skills so Harry probably doesn't get a vast amount more time off then the regular army pilot.
Thank you for sharing your own insight into how the SAR schedules work.

i'm putting this in here because it is directly related to ~Harry's duties and recent responses to them. To put anywhere else will confuse any debate.

Attached is a link to a report of a soldier from the Rifles who has received an award for bravery - part of his awrd is about "neutralising" and enemy sniper.

I think this man is a hero and deserves his reward and no press reports will denigrate what he has done. Compare that with the response to Harry's recent interview. I feel in mant ways that the negative response from the media is (1) about not taking him seriously; and (2) getting back at him about his media comments.

But well done to Lance Corporal Wilson. Brave man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...litary-Cross-for-deadly-duel-with-sniper.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom