Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Official Visit to Dublin - July 10-11, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've noticed is a trait that both Harry and Meghan share is that they're both quick to (for lack of a better term) get on an eye to eye level with the person that they're interacting with. Whether its a child, an older person in a wheelchair or for *any* reason, they assure that they meet people eye to eye.

This, to me, says a lot about this couple.

To get on an eye level with the person you are communicating with is, to me, common courtesy, and I am saddened that this seems to be an anomaly. To me, it says more about those who don't practice this basic kindness than those who do. (except for those who may be physically unable to do so)

10 percent discount by the dozen?

LaRae

Sen Catherine Noone

Verified account

@senatornoone
50m50 minutes ago

A pleasure to meet Prince Harry & the Duchess of Sussex at the British Ambassador's Residence this evening.

The Duchess & I had a chat about the recent referendum result - she watched with interest & was pleased to see the result.

Interesting...perhaps she and Harry are going to be more public about their views in public settings than some of the other members of the BRF.

LaRae
She has since clarified that Meghan seems pleased, but didn't express any opinions.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/67476...and-visit-royal-protocol-abortion-referendum/

She subsequently deleted both tweets and just reposted the first part about a pleasure to meet the couple at the British Ambassador's residence. She did respond to some people who were up in arms about this that her original tweet was misleading.

If Meghan didn't make that comment, why tweet it in the first place? This is extremely dangerous territory for British royals and would be a huge error if true.

If Meghan didn't make that comment, why tweet it in the first place? This is extremely dangerous territory for British royals and would be a huge error if true.

She didn't tweet a direct quote. People often tweet what their impression as facts. If she had the comment, there is no reason to take it back.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Meghan will have to learn to trust no one outside their inner group of friends/family. This above is why.

I was afraid it would blow up once it made the rounds.

LaRae

Oh I definitely agree. I think that would be the hardest thing for me to learn. To watch each word I utter in public to assure that it can't be misconstrued as something else. I fully expect the tabloids though to run with this latest "blip" regardless if Meghan said it or not.

One of the big downsides to all the perks of living in the royal fishbowl. No thank you. Not for me. :whistling:

I too am pleased with the Irish vote. Meghan may have simply said it was "interesting" and she followed it which are fine IMO.

But in any instance, the person corrected themselves so much ado about nothing.

The visit seems to be going well!

Another beautiful royal couple taking the world by storm on the royal stage!

I too am pleased with the Irish vote. Meghan may have simply said it was "interesting" and she followed it which are fine IMO.

But in any instance, the person corrected themselves so much ado about nothing.

The visit seems to be going well!

Exactly. :cool:

No...that self censoring thing, not sure I would be able to master that one.

LaRae

Another beautiful royal couple taking the world by storm on the royal stage!

I really find them, on a purely physical level, the most compelling royal couple. Something about them together is so...complimentary? They just "fit" appearance-wise.

What keeps me "looking" is that they also have such a deep mental/spiritual connection that comes out so much as well. I think that makes them the most attractive royal couple, perhaps. Maybe even on level with Felipe and Letizia who also have that "fit" too.

I also find Harry's red hair seems more vibrant these days lol. I think the color scheme he has taken on makes it stand out more.

Also, me being the Harry fan I am, I got kind of misty-eyed seeing him on this foreign visit with his WIFE!! He has wanted for so long to have a partner in all this and has truly met one in Meghan. Seeing them today so much has really brightened my day after being down with the SCOTUS stuff here in the US and all the other bad news.

I too am a longterm Harry fan. I am just so happy that he found a person like Meghan who is both supportive and interested and engaged when she meets others. Also that she bobs down when she feels she need to. It doesn't hurt that she is also very attractive. No wonder Harry's hair is a blazing orange!

I think the tour has started well. So far, so good. Looking great, you two!

I really like that they split up at these events and mingle separately and together. Continues to show confidence that Meghan can handle herself. I do find it VERY interesting that Meghan seemed to be in 1 on 1 conversations with several politicians. Senator Noone isn't the only one she talked to whereas Harry was paired with a lot of the sports and entertainment celebrities. On the surface you'd think it would be the reverse.

As soon as I saw the tweet from Senator Noone I knew it was going to blow up. I wasn't surprised by the sentiment but was really hoping Meghan didn't make that mistake. Things would've gone downhill quickly. Don't know if the Senator overstepped by stating an impression as fact in her tweet or if she's falling on her sword for Meghan's benefit. Either way, so far news media are portraying it as the Senator's blunder and I hope it stays that way.

Last edited:

The Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, looks like Tom Hanks. :cool: I kept thinking I was seeing Tom Hanks.

Great pictures. Meghan is incredible! Harry is looking dapper. :flowers:

I really find them, on a purely physical level, the most compelling royal couple. Something about them together is so...complimentary? They just "fit" appearance-wise.

What keeps me "looking" is that they also have such a deep mental/spiritual connection that comes out so much as well. I think that makes them the most attractive royal couple, perhaps. Maybe even on level with Felipe and Letizia who also have that "fit" too.

I am experiencing them the same way (though I have other favorite royal couples, too). Maybe it's because their love is still so fresh and electric, one cannot help but be mesmerized. I'm sure in person they must really have an impact, far more than the pictures can convey. :flowers:

Interesting you should mention Letizia. I see a lot of similarities between the two women physically and style-wise, though I think they are very different people otherwise. They both come from public 'performance' careers, maybe that has something to do with it. Meghan's posture is impressive, just like Letizia's. ❤️

I also find Harry's red hair seems more vibrant these days lol. I think the color scheme he has taken on makes it stand out more.

;) Though one can also see more of his bald spot. I think he may be balding like Charles which means he won't go the route of William. :cool:

Also, me being the Harry fan I am, I got kind of misty-eyed seeing him on this foreign visit with his WIFE!! He has wanted for so long to have a partner in all this and has truly met one in Meghan. Seeing them today so much has really brightened my day

I agree. :flowers: That flashes a lot for me, too. Harry really hit the jack-pot with Meghan. He was fortunate to meet her. I think he knows that. (I think they manifested each other. ;) She is fortunate, too, to have met such a devoted and supportive partner).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just looking at pics of them and they are just wow. Their body language, the lack of space between them, the looks, the smiles. It’s all so very romantic. I, too, am thrilled for Harry to have found his partner in life. They are well matched. Can’t wait to see more of Team Sussex on this trip and many more.

Now I have eaten and relaxed from work and have had time to do more then fashion check, I have been catching up on the trip.

Really enjoying seeing the tour. I always loved seeing Harry's tours, even alone, as I find him fun to watch. I also enjoy hearing him, and seeing his passions. He is second only to his dad in my interest in tours.

Meghan adds to that. And despite me commenting first on her clothes, it isn't because I can see her clothes. I am interested in seeing her bloom and excited by what patronages she will take on. And I love seeing her interacting with people on these tours.

The couple seemed to have got on well with Varader. Nice connection, that his partner is a cardiologist at North Western.

Loved the photo of Meghan meeting the writer.

You can see the genuine bond between the couple. And their natural ability with the people. They seem to be well matched for each other.

Those are two beautiful dogs. That's for sure. I still think though that President Higgins is someone that you just want to hug. He's so squeezable charming. :D

The Duke and Duchess are now at Croke Park (headquarters of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) ) and then onto Trinity College in central Dublin to view the Book of Kells.Large crowds have gathered in central Dublin so we might see a walk about!

From earlier : The Duke and Duchess meet the Irish President and his wife at at Áras an Uachtaráin.

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess are now at Croke Park (headquarters of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) ) and then onto Trinity College in central Dublin to view the Book of Kells.Large crowds have gathered in central Dublin so we might see a walk about!

Thank you for keeping us updated. Really appreciate it.

Those dogs are such an absolute delight lol!

The rest of today's itinerary for the Duke and Duchess

12.05pm - Visit to Trinity College Dublin where they will visit the Book of Kells and have a walkabout in Front Square.

2.30pm - Following a private lunch, Prince Harry and Meghan will visit the Famine Memorial on the north quays. They will then walk across to the CHQ museum and EPIC Irish emigrant museum. They will then visit the Dogpatch Labs, a start-up hub located in the CHQ building.

4.45pm - The Duke and Duchess leave for Dublin Airport.

updated photos gallery from RTE

https://www.rte.ie/news/galleries/2018/0711/977882-dublin-royal-visit/

Last edited:
They have both interacted so beautifully with the kids and adults theyve met on this trip it's been a joy to see. And what an interesting visit, the Book of Kells and the Harp of Brian Boru. I was glad to see that there was a bit of a walk about so that people gathered could see them close to.

Unfortunately Meghan will have to learn to trust no one outside their inner group of friends/family. This above is why.

I was afraid it would blow up once it made the rounds.

LaRae
Yes I agree that this is definitely one of the requirements of royal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom