Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep...and Roya is now backpedaling or trying to spin the story. This was such a cluster-f..k. If this was meant to test the waters, it backfired tremendously.

Eh, the same was said of Andrew, once upon a time.
He was more popular than Charles, hard as it is to believe today.

And the Snowdens were once the glitzy ones...

Popularity is very fickle; it can turn sour in a heartbeat. What matters is position in the hierarchy, and William is the one who has it. The RF is well-aware of that.

Which is exactly my point. Harry and Meghan's popularity would have eventually faded.

William should focus on doing the best as the DoC, and preparing to be a great PoW.

Last edited by a moderator:
This piece was not necessary and does more to sour the relationship between the Cambridges and Sussexes. FGS Meghan is going to give birth anyday now and this story leading up to it is poor timing.

Last edited:
"sussexroyal: Happy Birthday Your Majesty, Ma’am, Granny. Wishing you the most wonderful day! ��Harry & Meghan"

I absolutely adore this message from the Sussex's IG. The accompanying photos were a great choice also.

Which is exactly my point. Harry and Meghan's popularity would have eventually faded.

William should focus on doing the best as the DoC, and preparing to be a great PoW.

I don't think their popularity would have faded, the Sussexes come across as engaging, caring people who want to help others/communities and that's why people like them. The monarch needs that type of connection with people to continue to be successful (changing with the times). The hope would have been that clickbait media would have faded.

Is that not what he is doing?

Absolutely. He has been going on high-level official visits, attending state banquets and diplomatic receptions, taking part in major memorial services/ceremonies, and getting a more in-depth knowledge of the British state machinery and of the different government departments. Everything an heir is supposed to do .

It is really unfortunate that those press reports make it look like William and Catherine are “ conspiring” against Harry and Meghan when they probably have no part in whatever plans Charles or the Queen, may have for the Sussexes.

Absolutely. He has been going on high-level official visits, attending state banquets and diplomatic receptions, taking part in major memorial services/ceremonies, and getting a more in-depth knowledge of the British state machinery and of the different government departments. Everything an heir is supposed to do .

I could not agree more with you. It is great to watch how William and Catherine have stepped up the quality and number of engagements they both carry out. William had made some very high profile and sensitive trips in recent years to Israel and Palenstine, and to China. No longer do they look like apprentices or newbies in the role, but "steady" players.

It is really unfortunate that those press reports make it look like William and Catherine are “ conspiring” against Harry and Meghan when they probably have no part in whatever plans Charles or the Queen, may have for the Sussexes.

Spot on.

The article doesn't mention BP, Charles or the Queen. It mentions Simon Case as the key figure behind this, whatever it is. BP issued their denied, calling it just speculation. KP has said nothing.

What annoys me the most here, that Harry and Meghan have done nothing wrong. They're just really liked and popular. Meghan is a few days from giving birth, and might just be hit by an article, that she and Harry will be sent "somewhere in Africa" perhaps in 2020. And KP and courtiers are planning this only because they're too popular and too much in the media, which, again, none of it is Meghan and Harry's fault.

I just don’t like any of this. I just hate how the media has decided to turn the Sussexes and Cambridges relationship into a dueling relationship. And, Meghan. Meghan, has been pretty turned into a punching bag for everything for months on end. A lot of Palace PR mistakes has happened here, if you ask me.

As much as William would like to have that kind of power, he doesn't.

If Harry and Meghan go anywhere, it's the Queen with the authority to do it.

The article doesn't mention BP, Charles or the Queen. It mentions Simon Case as the key figure behind this, whatever it is. BP issued their denied, calling it just speculation. KP has said nothing.

What annoys me the most here, that Harry and Meghan have done nothing wrong. They're just really liked and popular. Meghan is a few days from giving birth, and might just be hit by an article, that she and Harry will be sent "somewhere in Africa" perhaps in 2020. And KP and courtiers are planning this only because they're too popular and too much in the media, which, again, none of it is Meghan and Harry's fault.

You cannot put this all on Simon Case. The article says this plan was developed by Sir David Manning, who was appointed as advisor (especially in foreign and diplomatic matters) by the Queen to William and Harry years ago and Lord Geidt, who was the Queen’sPrivate Secretary until 2017.

KP has no power over Harry-only BP and CH do. Anything this big would involve BP and CH is the holder of the purse strings.

Last edited:
Popularity is very fickle; it can turn sour in a heartbeat. What matters is position in the hierarchy, and William is the one who has it. The RF is well-aware of that.

This. This is so important.

I don't think they are going anywhere. Heck the story only says it is being "suggested" which is a clever work around. The real story is implication of wanting them ship out and the juvenile reason why. Not that one has the power to actually do it. Besides people seem to be forgetting Meghan is applying for citizenship. There are literal rules that have to be followed -- one being she has to live in the UK for 5 years. Unless they are suddenly fast-tracking her status after saying that wouldn't which will start a very different conversation.

The point being, whoever leaked this story, is just very bad at PR. At this point it makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't sound there has been discussions WITH Meghan and Harry at all. She is days from having a baby, they just moved to FC, newly renovated dream home, and Meghan has to wait good few more years for citizenship of UK.

Leaking an article saying, that courtiers are creating a plan to ship Harry and Meghan to Africa away from the media (let me not start on the ignorance of THAT) because they're too popular, it just makes the whole RF look really bad. I read about the optics all the time here. Well, the optics here aren't good, at all.

The point being, whoever leaked this story, is just very bad at PR. At this point it makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't sound there has been discussions WITH Meghan and Harry at all. She is days from having a baby, they just moved to FC, newly renovated dream home, and Meghan has to wait good few more years for citizenship of UK.

Leaking an article saying, that courtiers are creating a plan to ship Harry and Meghan to Africa away from the media (let me not start on the ignorance of THAT) because they're too popular, it just makes the whole RF look really bad. I read about the optics all the time here. Well, the optics here aren't good, at all.

Or it is what I said yesterday, this was devised to find a leak. Because none of it makes sense.

Why does it have to be a leak...?

Roya actually named names who were involved in crafting this plan. All of whom could easily rubbish her story. They haven't. This wasn't a "royal sources say" kind of story. Imho someone tipped Roya.

Roya actually named names who were involved in crafting this plan. All of whom could easily rubbish her story. They haven't. This wasn't a "royal sources say" kind of story. Imho someone tipped Roya.

According to the DM, can't access the times as it's behind a paywall, Sir David Manning and Sir Christopher Geidt are "said" to have drawn up plans for DOS' "are set to be given a role that involves the Commonwealth, charity work and promoting Britain".

It then goes on further to speculate;

"Although this is unlikely to be decided until next year, the role is likely to be in Africa because of the couple's ties there."

So the previous private secretary to HM and the previous advisor to DOCa and Prince Henry have made some sort of plan for Henry and Meghan to basically continue what they're doing now. The fact the role is abroad, specifically Africa, appears to have come from thin air.

I genuinely don't see how the optics on this are bad at all.

There is one issue right now with communication, if Henry and Meghan are forming their own social media accounts and communications people, a rebuttle should come from this account and not Kensington Palace. KP speaks for William and Catherine now, not Henry and Meghan.

I don't believe a rebuttle is necessary though, it's just someone taking a piece of generalised information and running with it because we haven't seen our royals in a while...

This “story” came out a little over 12 hours ago and today is Easter Sunday.
These are not the sorts of people who are going to tweet some half baked response.
And very, very few stories get comments from the Royals or their staff.

Last edited:
According to the DM, can't access the times as it's behind a paywall, Sir David Manning and Sir Christopher Geidt are "said" to have drawn up plans for DOS' "are set to be given a role that involves the Commonwealth, charity work and promoting Britain".

"Although this is unlikely to be decided until next year, the role is likely to be in Africa because of the couple's ties there."

So the previous private secretary to HM and the previous advisor to DOCa and Prince Henry have made some sort of plan for Henry and Meghan to basically continue what they're doing now. The fact the role is abroad, specifically Africa, appears to have come from thin air.

There is one issue right now with communication, if Henry and Meghan are forming their own social media accounts and communications people, a rebuttle should come from this account and not Kensington Palace. KP speaks for William and Catherine now, not Henry and Meghan.

I don't believe a rebuttle is necessary though, it's just someone taking a piece of generalised information and running with it because we haven't seen our royals in a while...

BP did put out their rebuttal already. All this is speculation, no plans have been made for Harry and Meghan.

And I'd say putting names in an article saying, that there are plans to send Harry and Meghan somewhere in Africa in 2020, well their names are tied to this story.

The more I think about this, the more it seems like an idea that was thrown out there for Harry back when he was a bachelor, kind of at loose ends with his life. There were rumors then that he wanted to run off to Africa. Especially considering this plan is supposedly the idea of Manning and Geidt.

Because none of it makes sense for his life now.

Last edited:

Thank you for this.

Eh, the same was said of Andrew, once upon a time.
He was more popular than Charles, hard as it is to believe today.

And the Snowdens were once the glitzy ones...

Exactly. For a time Andrew was the good looking young guy and he and Sarah were quite popular..
But I do fear that perhaps Charles is less popular than he ought to be, because a lot of people still have a distorted pic of him due to the Camilla factor..So its not just that Charles is older and not so glamourous or fun as his 2 sons...

^ I have no worries regarding the PoW's [perceived] unpopularity, given the outpouring of support and love he is certain to receive in the aftermath of his Mothers death..

^ I have no worries regarding the PoW's [perceived] unpopularity, given the outpouring of support and love he is certain to receive in the aftermath of his Mothers death..

I don't see any evidence that that is likely to happen. I don't think that Charles attracts that sort of emotion..

Generally he doesn't, but as eldest son and heir, the new King will be chief mourner and leader of the Nation and Commonwealth at the funeral of a much loved Queen. The focus, and the sympathy of all will be on him.
His sons and their wives will have supporting roles [at best].
As such he and his Queen will garner huge levels of support in the first days/weeks and months of his reign.

I don't know who hatched this plan to send Harry and Megan to Africa but the fact BP gave a response within 24 hours they realized this is going down wrong. William and Kate should have been working on their royal roles long before Harry met Megan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom