The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Harper's Bazaar is an American fashion magazine. Was this is a deliberate exclusive for HB?
Harper's also covers news that has appeared in other online and print publications.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Harper's Bazaar is an American fashion magazine. Was this is a deliberate exclusive for HB?
No, they just made a story around a RR tweeting a copy of the registration form.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
The second sentence in the HB article states:

Quote:
Today, royal correspondent Emily Andrews exclusively shared that the couple's new foundation is called Sussex Royal The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, according to official documents.
Emily Andrews works for The Sun and she had her own article about this first.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:25 AM
Commoner

I find the name "Sussex royal" quite appealing honestly. It is the same as their IG account as some other persons mentioned in the thread so their fans won't get lost... I always found the name "the royal foundation" to be confusing and quite bland. I mean there are tons of royal foundations, so why would one be "the royal foundation" (I know it is the shortened version of the name but still quite confusing)? At first, I thought it was the princess royal's foundation or the foundation of the whole royal family. Sussex royal is a huge improvement in terms of name, it is direct and focused.

I don't understand why some people find it too long... it is literally shorter than the royal foundation and as it was repeated many times in the thread the sussex foundation was not an option as it is already taken... calling it the sussex royal foundation would have also lead to some confusions with the sussex foundation.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
No, they just made a story around a RR tweeting a copy of the registration form.
In the age of a burp being heard around the world instantly, word gets around quickly about things. Its actually a blessing for H&M's new organization/company because the more people that know about it, the more its going to get its message out.

Anyone could have found the documents and information filed for the new foundation. I did. Rudolph asked if it was registered as a charity or a company so I googled "registering a company in the UK" and found the website of Companies House at www.gov.uk. I entered the name reported to be the title of the foundation and, voila, there it was. The real deal.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ompanies-house

I think what really matters is the word "official". Can't get any more official than actual information from the government agency that handles registering new companies.

I've noticed too, thanks to Princess Larisa and her eagle eye on the Court Circular, that Harry has had quite a few meetings with different boards of incentives that most likely will be part of the new foundation. There's a lot of work, I believe, behind the scenes going on now to get everything in working order and set to go once the summer hiatus is over with and H&M return to their work come the fall months.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJudith View Post
I find the name "Sussex royal" quite appealing honestly. It is the same as their IG account as some other persons mentioned in the thread so their fans won't get lost... I always found the name "the royal foundation" to be confusing and quite bland. I mean there are tons of royal foundations, so why would one be "the royal foundation" (I know it is the shortened version of the name but still quite confusing)? At first, I thought it was the princess royal's foundation or the foundation of the whole royal family. Sussex royal is a huge improvement in terms of name, it is direct and focused.

I don't understand why some people find it too long... it is literally shorter than the royal foundation and as it was repeated many times in the thread the sussex foundation was not an option as it is already taken... calling it the sussex royal foundation would have also lead to some confusions with the sussex foundation.
What people are finding to be too long and awkward is what was given as the full name of the Foundation--

"Sussex Royal The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex"
Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

What steps you guys think should be taken to help stop this ongoing madness?

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-21-2019, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I may be alone in saying this, but all this stuff got to stop. Too much has been snowballing for a long time and it’s all getting out of hand. We’re used to the summer silly season, but this has gone way beyond that.

People need to stop feeding this by being offended by every stupid little thing. Stop nitpicking, stop analysing, stop getting your panties in a twist. Start from a positive position and not from a negative one. Instead of saying, in response to a bad choice in clothing, “OMG is she blind!!!!!”. Try to start a comment with a positive.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but to many negative opinions brings a topic down and doesn’t always add anything constructive.

But that’s my 2 cents.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I may be alone in saying this, but all this stuff got to stop. Too much has been snowballing for a long time and it’s all getting out of hand. We’re used to the summer silly season, but this has gone way beyond that.

IMHO this is a case of "demand and supply" as readers are making it clear through their actions that they're very, very interested in any story about the Sussexes. In response to the demand, the tabloids/social media writers are doing their best to provide a steady supply for their customers. Therefore by not purchasing, clicking on, commenting upon or sharing a tabloid story would help to send a message to the tabloids/social media that a high volume of stories about them is not wanted.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
IMHO this is a case of "demand and supply" as readers are making it clear through their actions that they're very, very interested in any story about the Sussexes. In response to the demand, the tabloids/social media writers are doing their best to provide a steady supply for their customers. Therefore by not purchasing, clicking on, commenting upon or sharing a tabloid story would help to send a message to the tabloids/social media that a high volume of stories about them is not wanted.
I agree 100% with what you say. This is one of the reasons why I can't understand it when many of the stans react positively to paparazzi pictures of the family. When the clearly distressed couple left that massage place before the birth of Archie they talked about Meghan's clothes and the size of her bump and when some time ago paparazzi pictures of George and Charlotte with Nanny Maria swirled around social media their stans went gaga about how adorable the pictures where.
This goes for all who follow different royals - don't click, retweet or buy anything containing paparazzi pictures.
Pictures taken at events where they know that they're going to be seen like the polo match and pictures taken by people on the street I feel is a different matter
Old 08-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
IMO they need to concentrate on patronages that serve a public that will possibly go through very difficult times soon, the 'bread and butter' events. They need to find their role as royals and distance themselves from celebrity.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO they need to concentrate on patronages that serve a public that will possibly go through very difficult times soon, the 'bread and butter' events. They need to find their role as royals and distance themselves from celebrity.
I think the bolded is a very good point. In my opinion, where the Sussexes have been most effective is in some of their smaller, more intimate, projects. There is no doubt that the environment is a huge and important issue, but it is also a very complicated one, as we have seen just on this thread, and that makes it harder for a member of the BRF to make statements that don't immediately produce backlash. Meghan and Harry might be better off in the short term concentrating on some of their less global, more local initiatives.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Its not very helpful in the long term for Megs to involve her best friends in a royal debacle. So it would appear to sadly (remember the friends’ magazine disclosures) that Meghan is authorising her closest friend and celebrity Jessica Mulroney to label all her critics on her and her spouse’s eco-credentials as “racists”
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Z82qCF...d=9xg0e0x163r1
Old 08-21-2019, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

A few months of very unglamorous, hands on charity work in the usual bread and butter way would change the narrative IMO. Nothing too showy or glamorous.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I think the bolded is a very good point. In my opinion, where the Sussexes have been most effective is in some of their smaller, more intimate, projects. There is no doubt that the environment is a huge and important issue, but it is also a very complicated one, as we have seen just on this thread, and that makes it harder for a member of the BRF to make statements that don't immediately produce backlash. Meghan and Harry might be better off in the short term concentrating on some of their less global, more local initiatives.
IMHO I believe they have tried to do too much too soon. Meghan was not given enough time to settle in, I know she had her own career, life and charity work, but royal life was totally new plus a baby within the year. She had nothing to prove, they jumped in, took on lots of stuff, and at times took their eye off the ball. Left themselves open, less is more as the saying goes.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
Its not very helpful in the long term for Megs to involve her best friends in a royal debacle. So it would appear to sadly (remember the friends’ magazine disclosures) that Meghan is authorising her closest friend and celebrity Jessica Mulroney to label all her critics on her and her spouse’s eco-credentials as “racists”
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Z82qCF...d=9xg0e0x163r1
Well the word is out , addressing the elephant in the Room.
It's not the whole issue, of course, and i think a lot has to do with an unexperienced household, some amateurish PR and maybe a bit of out of touch attitude ...
But yes racism is obviously part of the narrative ...
Old 08-21-2019, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Well the word is out , addressing the elephant in the Room.
It's not the whole issue, of course, and i think a lot has to do with an unexperienced household, some amateurish PR and maybe a bit of out of touch attitude ...
But yes racism is obviously part of the narrative ...
Is it though? I have not seen, heard or read anything that makes me think this.

I have heard people in this country refer to a perceived pushiness & a possible lack of understanding as to how members of the royal family should conduct themselves in their duties. I think coming from a new world society would be a great challenge to anyone.

Many British people (maybe most who knows) still do prefer their royals unglamorous & non controversial.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Is it though? I have not seen, heard or read anything that makes me think this.

I have heard people in this country refer to a perceived pushiness & a possible lack of understanding as to how members of the royal family should conduct themselves in their duties. I think coming from a new world society would be a great challenge to anyone.

Many British people (maybe most who knows) still do prefer their royals unglamorous & non controversial.
I do think there's a mix : a reject from a part of the establishment seing a divorced actress joining the BRF, a reject from a part of the pro Brexit Britain seing a foreigner joining the BRF and a yes a reject from some seeing a bi racial woman joining the BRF.
But maybe in order to counterbalance those challenges, the Sussexes seem to try a bit too hard, and too fast, to be relevant, instead of calmly, discreetly but firmly establishing themselves as pillars of the BRF, Cambridges and Cornwall style.
I don't think it's easy and there's no tutorial to be a perfect royal. The only thing i know, and i see, is that their PR has been just chaotic lately. Maybe a return to fundamentals, the good'ol, a tad boring but understated engagements across the UK could help to fix the somewhat blurred image of the last few weeks...
Old 08-21-2019, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I agree. This is very unhelpful. I don't see how labelling all critics 'racists' is going to help in any way. While the criticism of some has racial undertones (or is outright racist); that doesn't mean that the criticism in general is racist.

I would hope that Meghan and Harry do pay attention to what is being said (of course not by reading every single detail but keeping track of the larger public opinion) and take it into account instead of putting it away as 'racist'; as that would almost guarantee that they will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Friends confirming that all of this is just 'racist' is not helpful at all - although I somewhat understand how hard it must be for friends to not be able to 'protect' your friend against what you perceive to be unfair criticism.

I think it's a mix of racism, classism and nationalism all mixed in.

LaRae
Old 08-21-2019, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I do think there's a mix : a reject from a part of the establishment seing a divorced actress joining the BRF, a reject from a part of the pro Brexit Britain seing a foreigner joining the BRF and a yes a reject from some seeing a bi racial woman joining the BRF.
But maybe in order to counterbalance those challenges, the Sussexes seem to try a bit too hard, and too fast, to be relevant, instead of calmly, discreetly but firmly establishing themselves as pillars of the BRF, Cambridges and Cornwall style.
I don't think it's easy and there's no tutorial to be a perfect royal. The only thing i know, and i see, is that their PR has been just chaotic lately. Maybe a return to fundamentals, the good'ol, a tad boring but understated engagements across the UK could help to fix the somewhat blurred image of the last few weeks...
Foreigners have joined the royal family for generations.....please tell me what Brexit has got to do with it.. I thought we could avoid the B word on here.
I do agree with second part of your post with regards trying too hard.

Closed Thread