Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will attend the #CoachCoreAwards at @lborouniversity on Monday, Sept 24. The Sussexes will observe drills and team games before presenting awards at the ceremony, which celebrates achievements of young people who have taken part in @WeAreCoachCore.

Kensington Palace confirms, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will join more than 200 young Coach Core apprentices for the @WeAreCoachCore Awards at @lborouniversity on Monday 24th September.

LaRae

This is excellent news and I look forward to seeing them both, but I can't really make out what location it is on that Tweet.

Glad to see this. Happy that we'll see them again soon!

So happy the fall season has finally arrived and we're hearing more and more of events that Harry and Meghan will undertake. It'll be good to see them out and about. Especially with kids. :D

I had to look this up to be sure. Meghan and Harry also attended a CoachCore event during their Birmingham visit.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will make their first official visit to Sussex on 3rd October.

In West Sussex they will see the historic Sussex Declaration & open @chiuni Tech Park. In East Sussex they will visit the Royal Pavilion, @SurvivorsnetBtn & Peacehaven Youth Centre.

They'll be visiting Chichester, Brighton and Peacehaven.

So excited for a whole day of Sussex for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!!!

BTW, I just read the operational notes for the visit. It's interesting that the only other handwritten ceremonial copy of Declaration of Independence is in Sussex given Meghan is an American. :lol: I guess the stars were aligned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see Harry and Meghan will be visiting the Royal Pavilion at Brighton, associated with the Prince Regent. It's an interesting building inside and out. In fact I can't imagine either of them will have seen anything like it before! All round, the day in Sussex sounds great.

That will be neat to see!

LaRae

BTW, I just read the operational notes for the visit. It's interesting that the only other handwritten ceremonial copy of Declaration of Independence is in Sussex given Meghan is an American. :lol: I guess the stars were aligned.

Right? I thought that was interesting as well. Sounds like a packed day for them. I really like they are visiting the rape crisis center. I hope one day Meghan and Camilla do a joint engagement. They have a lot of similar interests.

Right? I thought that was interesting as well. Sounds like a packed day for them. I really like they are visiting the rape crisis center. I hope one day Meghan and Camilla do a joint engagement. They have a lot of similar interests.

It does seem like they have a lot in common. Meghan has also been an advocate of adopting rescues.

The more we have come to know the more it seems like Meghan really does dovetail well into the BRF and their views/causes.

LaRae

I'm glad to see Harry and Meghan will be visiting the Royal Pavilion at Brighton, associated with the Prince Regent. It's an interesting building inside and out. In fact I can't imagine either of them will have seen anything like it before! All round, the day in Sussex sounds great.

I would like to see it myself..have read so much about it!;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos from this. The Pavilion is such an amazing building, and I can just imagine the photo op from this. Fingers crossed for a nice clear day without drizzle.

A first visit to Sussex is a momentous event for the couple.?

Neat..you can see the protection detail ..they kinda stand out.

LaRae

It's great that they included viewing a copy of the independence of declaration as part of their visit to Sussex. Not only is it a good nod to Meghan's current nationality it also helps to emphasize the links between USA and UK not only in the UK but in the US media that cover Meghan's events.

A lovely article with an interview with Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant for West Sussex.

It talks about how the couple hopes to make visits to Sussex frequently

Mrs Pyper, who represents the Queen in West Sussex, said: “It marks just the beginning of what I hope will be a long and enjoyable relationship between Their Royal Highnesses and ourselves.

“I know that they wish to visit as frequently as their busy schedules allow and we have so much to show them in vibrant, diverse and beautiful West Sussex. Their intention is to really get to know the county.”

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/duke-and-duchess-want-to-visit-sussex-frequently-1-8651545

This is great because like Charles and Camilla's yearly trip to wales it helps to build a personal connection to the region they derive their titles from and it also helps to highlight the special personal relationships different members of the royal family have with their own different regions of the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be fantastic if Meghan and Harry set down symbolic roots in Sussex.

It seems alot of the charities/engagements can be London based. I think getting out of London and seeing the rest of the country on a consistent basis is important.

Looks like they are going to be the Commonwealth team so I'd imagine they are going to be going all over the place.

LaRae

I hope that they go around the Commonwealth as much as possible. Getting out of London and visiting the regions outside of London is important as well though. Many of England's counties are absolutely fabulous and don't get featured enough. And charities outside the capital need visits from senior royals too.

I think they will be doing that...not sure how many times they will go out of the country in a year to Commonwealth countries but I'd guess the majority of time they will be popping up across the U.K. which is awesome for those communities and the attention they will bring. I cannot wait to see how it goes and where they go!

LaRae

It’ll be interesting to see on a practical level how much will change in regards to the Commonwealth.

Charles and Camilla are visiting 3 African Commonwealth countries in November. William is currently in African visiting 3 Commonwealth countries as part of his visit.

Harry and Meghan are visiting the Commonwealth in October. I think a lot of Harry’s youth ambassador role will involve operating from the U.K., with the usual scheduled visits we’ve seen in the past.

The Commonwealth is too big for any one royal to be responsible for visiting.

Commonwealth youth ambassador or not Harry and Meghan will always be frequently doing engagements within the UK and it would be lovely if Sussex becomes a yearly fixture in their schedule.

I expect like most other royals they will tour at least 1 or 2 countries a year if not more (their focus mainly being the commonwealth countries)

It will be interesting to see what their schedule for tours will be. I believe the Cambridges often do 2 small tours a year 1 near the spring and 1 in the Winter.

So Harry and Meghan might do 2 small tours a year or just 1 big tour every year to multiple countries (Charles and Camilla usually do multiple countries tours a year)

I am fairly certain they will be able to visit all the commonwealth countries within the next 25 years if not sooner. At the end of their Oceania tour they would have visited 4 of the 53 nations of the commonwealth them just 49 to go.

I wonder if Harry and Meghan will visit the CW countries Harry has already visited a second time in the new capacity as the CW Youth Ambassador.

They will naturally have to fit in with any tours or visits any other royals are doing within the Commonwealth. Generally speaking one or another of the BRF are visiting different parts of the Commonwealth every year and that includes of course the Wessexes and Anne. Nevertheless, I do expect to see them in the Caribbean again in a few years.

It seems alot of the charities/engagements can be London based. I think getting out of London and seeing the rest of the country on a consistent basis is important.

The not so glamorous part of the royal job is to visit different parts of the kingdom on a regular basis. This is divided up amongst all the working members of the BRF, including Anne, Andrew, Edward and Sophie (and the Gloucesters and Kents). This will continue, and you will see H&M do day or 1-2 trips all across the UK in a co-ordinated fashion.

It would be fantastic if Meghan and Harry set down symbolic roots in Sussex.

I would be surprised if that were to happen. Charles, as PoW, did not acquire a home in Wales till after he married Camilla, nearly 50 years after he was created PoW in 1958. Also, you hardly ever hear of William and Catherine going to Cambridge, or the Gloucester's going to Gloucestershire. Also, let us not forget, this is one of a list of titles given to each of the royal dukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom