Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sad that you don't see what Harry has to offer people. He is the male part of a great lovestory, gave up being a prince at court to protect his wife and son but is still a prince and loved by his Royal family, which for most people is still the most important Royal family world-wide. His wife is beautiful and both make people comfortable with their approachable way to behave.

Sorry, but to me that’s nothing on offer. Unless both Meghan and Henry speak on issues that they’re fully aware and understanding of. They’re just mouthpieces for money.

They’ve abandoned their old life, trading on it is going to make them look incredible tacky and without that to trade on what are they? Meghan is a c-list actress at best, and Henry is ex-army officer.

Do you know what key note speakers do? It is hardly his terroitory.

And at the moment...No I dont think Harry has much to offer at the moment. He has in the past offered much. There is no guarantee that any further will go anywhere.

And I don't see a four year relationship as a lovestory. Get back to me in 30 years. QII and Phil yes. Even Charles and Camilla.

Harry was not a keynote speaker. That is wrong info. In fact many of the reporters are correcting their initial false info right now.

All we know if that he attended and spoke. The whole summit has a wide range of panels and topics. People are just guessing right now because no one at JP Morgan will confirm anything.

Last edited:
You don't even know what the topic (that he spoke on) was about and you are thinking Harry doesn't have much to offer at the moment??? He goes to his events prepared, he is articulate and interested in what is being discussed. He has helped create two very strong programs/charities that impact people around the globe...Harry has a lot more to offer than some people him credit for.

C&C is not a love story for the ages although I can see the story about destroying a family & marriage part of the story being erased in the future.

I just don't think he does. He is there because of who he is. Everything he has ever done is because of who he is. The rest of the family largely know that though. Key note speakers are usually seriously educated, knowledgeable and experienced people.

And I am sorry but Harry doesn't have the kudos to be a key note speaker on mental health. I mean even Kate is doing better with the child development park and getting involved in research...Even if simplistic. And I say that as a professional in that area.

I don't beleive in squeaky cleanlove stories for the ages. That belongs in novels.

This may be what you see Harry and Meghan as but it certainly is not what many people see them as. I'd caution against the whole "great love story" thing. Many people saw David and Wallis as a "great love story" and "left it all behind for love" kind of thing and they really couldn't have been more wrong. And, regardless of whether or not you see them as Prince Charming and Cinderella, what exactly do they have to offer to a room full of investment bankers, billionaires, etc? They're not bankers, they're not expert investors, they're not economists...they're used to be royals and pseudo-celebrities.

I think many Americans who don’t know or care about the history of the monarchy, who care about the BRF mostly because of the glitz and glamour, see Harry and Meghan as a great love story in the vein of the Windsors. They don’t understand that the Windsor story was tainted by selfishness, and could have destroyed the UK had he remained as king. When I was a kid, I did find them romantic and a legendary love story, but as soon as I understood the truth, that was the end. Obviously Harry and Meghan aren’t on the same plane as the Windsors, but I don’t find their story romantic at all anymore. They disrespected the Queen, Charles, William. They put a tremendous burden on the BRF to find a way to “replace” them as working Royals. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

You know who’s a great love story? George VI and the Queen Mother

I also don’t think they have much to offer - and I dread them using their love story as a way to throw shade (however subtle it is) at the BRF for standing in their way of happiness

Why are we talking about love stories? We don't know any of these people for real. Who are any of us to question any of their love for each other? Get a grip folks.

Last edited:
I just don't think he does. He is there because of who he is. Everything he has ever done is because of who he is. The rest of the family largely know that though. Key note speakers are usually seriously educated, knowledgeable and experienced people.

And I am sorry but Harry doesn't have the kudos to be a key note speaker on mental health. I mean even Kate is doing better with the child development park and getting involved in research...Even if simplistic. And I say that as a professional in that area.

I don't beleive in squeaky cleanlove stories for the ages. That belongs in novels.

I agree totally. Harry has no education or experience which enables him for such sort of things and the way he appeared during the last months and what I've heard if him does not include the mental health issues either.
But I don't think he was a keynote speaker, JP Morgan is considered serious and would nit risk anything with Harry.
A meet&greet, rub shoulders like someone said, yes, but nothing more.

Why are we talking about love stories? We don't know any of these people for real. Who are any of us to question any of their love for each other? Get a grip folks.

We're talking about it because one poster's answer to the question of "what do they really have to offer" was that they're Prince Charming and Cinderella and they have a great love story. Frankly I don't care how big a supporter and apologist you are of Meghan and Harry but to base your whole argument about what they have to offer of substance on what appears to be a fairy tale imaging is ludicrous.

I hope Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan are living their best lives as well as possible.
They should do what they need to do. They'll be criticized by a certain sector regardless.

Last edited:
In other news: Emily Nash is reporting that Harry and Meghan declined an invite to attend and present an award at the Oscars on Sunday.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...rince-harry-turn-down-appearance-oscars-2020/

But wait...if I'm reading it correctly the Hello! article states that they confirmed with a source and aren't we never supposed to believe anything that's only confirmed by a "source" if the report doesn't out the name of the source? Or does that only apply when the report is critical?

We're talking about it because one poster's answer to the question of "what do they really have to offer" was that they're Prince Charming and Cinderella and they have a great love story. Frankly I don't care how big a supporter and apologist you are of Meghan and Harry but to base your whole argument about what they have to offer of substance on what appears to be a fairy tale imaging is ludicrous.

It is ludicrous. Both sides of the conversation is to be honest. No one is perfect and frankly them leaving blows up the entire fairy tale image of royalty anyways. No one going to them because of that. That is for children.

But wait...if I'm reading it correctly the Hello! article states that they confirmed with a source and aren't we never supposed to believe anything that's only confirmed by a "source" if the report doesn't out the name of the source? Or does that only apply when the report is critical?

Personally I don't even believe it because they reported this exact story last year. Probably will report it next year too. Just seems like they were filling their Sussex news quota. :)

It is ludicrous. Both sides of the conversation is to be honest. No one is perfect and frankly them leaving blows up the entire fairy tale image of royalty anyways. No one going to them because of that. That is for children.

Personally I don't even believe it because they reported this exact story last year. Probably will report it next year too. Just seems like they were filling their Sussex news quota. :)

No they are going to him because he is royal. Which is also a fairy tale.

Only now the rich can order him as a speaker or even guest at their parties - what a way to outshine your equally rich friends and neighbors. And if they channel most of their earned money towards charities, they can become real big fish on the international charity market while doing good where they think it is necessary. For me this is a win-win situation.

This is where my hopes lie with the future of Harry and Meghan in their new lives. I do think this couple does have the desire to do good in this world and make changes for the better where they can. Networking is a great opportunity to draw in sponsors and donations to get that work done and is no different to me than the sponsors that are listed for the Invictus Games.

I'm not going to say any more on what this couple may or may not do going into the future as, right now, they're still working royals for the "Firm" until spring. I'l wait and watch to see how things go and what develops once their new life is established.

No they are going to him because he is royal. Which is also a fairy tale.

Of course. No one would look at any of these people if not for their accident of birth providing them status or marrying into it. It is what it is. Not like most of them have actually really done anything.

I will say, though, that I think it's a bit odd that their spokesperson refused to comment and said something along the lines of "we don't comment on their private schedules." If this was related to their foundation or their upcoming work, etc., which is almost has to be, I would expect the spokesperson to say something along the lines of a simple confirmation that they were there, there's exciting new projects in the works, and more will be released in due course. Standard language but enough information that they don't appear to be trying to be evasive about their work, especially now when they could use the publicity if they're really going to try to make a go of this "financially independent" thing. This whole "we don't comment" smacks of the cat and mouse games that people are already tiring quickly of and is very much in line with what they're being accused of as far as using the press when they need them and hating them when they don't.

If they're going to stand any chance at all of being successful without too much controversy after this all simmers down then they really should think long and hard about what kind of run-around and what kind of cat and mouse games they want to play. I understand that privacy is important but it's a really bad look to try to be mysterious, evasive, and coy.

right now, they're still working royals for the "Firm" until spring

Whether HMQ regards 'pressing the flesh' FOR JP Morgan as compatible with being a 'working royal', is a moot point, but if the replies to Chris Ships 'tweet' are anything to go by, many members of the Public don't...

Of course. No one would look at any of these people if not for their accident of birth providing them status or marrying into it. It is what it is. Not like most of them have actually really done anything.

Now that is semantics. A lot if them have done great work. Princes Trust. Changed lives. Duchy of Cornwall. Provides a life. Heads Together. And yes the Invictus Games is amazing. But he wasn't at this event because of this. It is because he is royal.

Their office did confirm their attendance. What they not confirming the details. Nor is JP Morgan for that matter.

I am turning into a real cynic these days. So with that in mind, they could give a speech on how to keep your assets by guilting others into paying for your lifestyle.

The couple were keynote speakers at a discreet private event, so 'we' didn't 'see them'. And if they received money for their speeches, Good. Better than exhibiting themselves at a circus or being on the red carpet. And making speeches at various events does not preclude their doing charity work at all.

Now that is semantics. A lot if them have done great work. Princes Trust. Changed lives. Duchy of Cornwall. Provides a life. Heads Together. And yes the Invictus Games is amazing. But he wasn't at this event because of this. It is because he is royal.

yes Charles has done a lot of good, with his Princes trust, but he did it with the support of his staff and with the connextions that come from his position in the UK. Harry is flying solo now, trying to operate In a non royal world for money..
Does he really want to do this? He will get invited ot make speeches or appear at things as Harry Duke of Sussex, not because he has anything to contribute... and he'll get paid for it, at least for a while. Is that realy what he wants? Im not H's biggest fan but I believe he has a good heart and has tried to use his positon for doing good, like his father.... is this what he's now going to do? .

Yes. They have done all that because of what their status provided. I’m actually agreeing with your point. The royal part is what attracts people.

I am turning into a real cynic these days. So with that in mind, they could give a speech on how to keep your assets by guilting others into paying for your lifestyle.

An interesting take and one I really can't say I disagree with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question here. Has there been any credible information that states that, without a doubt, Harry and Meghan pocketed green dollars for their appearance at this event? Last I've heard, JP Morgan had no comment on their involvement nor have Harry and Meghan themselves spoken out.

Just wondering here. ?

I have a question here. Has there been any credible information that states that, without a doubt, Harry and Meghan pocketed green dollars for their appearance at this event? Last I've heard, JP Morgan had no comment on their involvement nor have Harry and Meghan themselves spoken out.

Just wondering here. ?

I don't see any reason why they would be there without charging attendence fees. For whatever they will use the money. But noone without a direct financial interest goes to such events when he is not payed for attending. They are part of the entertainment programme for the super rich and they were stupid to do that for free. They aren't stupid, thus they were payed. How much and for what cause is their private thing, as they are not longer working for the British taxpayer but for themselves.

Just wondering here. ?

No. I don't even think they've verified that they were there at all. Last I read JP Morgan refused to confirm this even took place.

Last edited:
I am [an ex] international Banker, and I can say [with certainty] NO-ONE does JP Morgan gigs for free..[they are extremely liberal with money].

If that Money went to 'charidee' their publicity machine would have 'made it known'.. all grist to their *public spirited* 'Mill'...that they haven't speaks volumes...

Last edited:
The rehashed discussion of the 'Stepping Back' thread that stemmed from the couple's JP Morgan event has been removed. Please DO NOT do it again.

Let's stick on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom