The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
But that is what they tend to do, make an issue about something.. and then people discuss it and fuss over it.. whereas if they had just gone ahead and released the information no one would take more than a cursory interest.

Well-said! If they had done so, by now it would be all forgotten; instead there is this drama and ill-feeling about the whole thing.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Well-said! If they had done so, by now it would be all forgotten; instead there is this drama and ill-feeling about the whole thing.

So Harry and Meghan should just give the press and others whatever they want?? There is a fuss because people feel entitled, not because Harry and Meghan are doing things wrong. These are private lives, people are not entitled to anything.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
So Harry and Meghan should just give the press and others whatever they want?? There is a fuss because people feel entitled, not because Harry and Meghan are doing things wrong. These are private lives, people are not entitled to anything.

But they are not private citizens!
They are funded by taxpayer money (even if indirectly, though the Duchy of Cornwall), and to carry on this way causes needless resentment.

There is increasing hostility in the press, and that is the thing the RF always tries to avoid.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They are funded by taxpayer money (even if indirectly, though the Duchy of Cornwall), and to carry on this way causes needless resentment.

There is increasing hostility in the press, and that is the thing the RF always tries to avoid.
Things will calm down once Meghan get back to work. Also, things will calm down if Harry and Meghan and the royal press come to a mutual understanding and bridge to disconnect between them.

Right now, there seems to be a lack of communication and understanding between the couple, their office and the press. I totally understand the hard feelings the couple have due to the months of terrible treatment they’ve received within the press, but things gotta cool off now.

You hear me, Harry?

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Majesty

I think the overweening sense of entitlement is both from the media and even some here, is reducing them commodities.

What did you miss? A video of the family walking to the Chapel which you were never going to see since it is in an off limits private area, and the names of the Godparents who, if they are private citizens, have a right to their privacy.

Much ado about nothing except the low slow sound of normal people grinding their molars.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Looking at the Duchess of Cambridge's pose on that chair in the photograph, she looks to me as though she cannot wait to leave...
Old 07-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Even members of the BRF have right to a private life. They are not public property.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Things will calm down once Meghan get back to work. Also, things will calm down if Harry and Meghan and the royal press come to a mutual understanding and bridge to disconnect between them.

Right now, there seems to be a lack of communication and understanding between the couple, their office and the press. I totally understand the hard feelings the couple have due to the months of terrible treatment they’ve received within the press, but things gotta cool off now.

You hear me, Harry?
A better question is do the media hear Harry (and Meghan)? They aren't going to let the media treat their child as a zoo exhibit. It has been made very clear that the Sussexes are putting the best interest of their child (and family) first, and as a private citizen there will be limited access to him and their private lives and they aren't going to waiver from that. Once the media understands that and stops trying to 'other' Meghan things will cool down.

I don't get the media is whining, we all got wonderful pictures and some of the papers still managed 4-page spreads of the event. I wish someone could give me a sufficient reason why the media and the public need to know who Archie's godparents are...because right now, where I'm sitting there isn't one.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
A better question is do the media hear Harry (and Meghan)? They aren't going to let the media treat their child as a zoo exhibit. It has been made very clear that the Sussexes are putting the best interest of their child first, and as a private citizen there will be limited access to him and their private lives and they aren't going to waiver from that. Once the media understands that and stops trying to 'other' Meghan things will cool down.

I don't get the media is whining, we all got wonderful pictures and some of the papers still managed 4-page spreads of the event. I wish someone could give me a sufficient reason why the media and the public need to know who Archie's godparents are...because right now, where I'm sitting there isn't one.
The public don’t need to know who’s, Archie’s, godparents are. But not releasing the names did create some very unnecessary noises. The Cambridge’s and Sussexes have set their own precedent of not officially releasing photographs of the godparents at the christening and that’s alright. But at least the Cambridges released the names of the godparents. Not releasing the names and making it seem like the godparents are creatures from outer space did make some unnecessary chatter.

Yes, we need to move on, but, it’s time for Harry and Meghan and the press to come off the edge now. It’s been too many months of everyone living on the edge and leading to nothing good.

Also, I don’t think anyone expect the Sussexes to hand over their privacy. It’s pretty clear the royals are totally entitled to some privacy. I don’t think anyone have the desire to infringe on the privacy of baby, Archie.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And I said earlier in the thread, when her opinion came up before, I do not believe one photo can tell even an “expert” much. She wasn’t there. And if she’d said everything seemed great, the papers wouldn’t have printed that.
That was my point, no matter if her work is credible or not doesn't matter as long as there are enough people who believe in what she says.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
A better question is do the media hear Harry (and Meghan)? They aren't going to let the media treat their child as a zoo exhibit. It has been made very clear that the Sussexes are putting the best interest of their child first, and as a private citizen there will be limited access to him and their private lives and they aren't going to waiver from that. Once the media understands that and stops trying to 'other' Meghan things will cool down.

The answer is very simple. First, it is a matter of historic record for a grandchild of a sovereign as Archie will probably be in the future. Second, under British law, the identity of the godparents of any child baptized in the CoE is public information. The Royal Family chooses to ignore the law as Richard Palmer tweeted, but, even so, Dickie Arbiter admitted that Archie's sealed baptism records at Windsor will be eventually made available to historians in a distant future.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Looking at the Duchess of Cambridge's pose on that chair in the photograph, she looks to me as though she cannot wait to leave...
Yeah, William and Kate were very childish in their behaviors imo.

According to Lainey Gossip, "William and Kate arrived just before noon on Saturday and left just before 1pm, staying exactly an hour. Most people were there longer. Not that it means anything but since the gossip for the better part of a year has been about Will and Harry’s relationship and whether or not it’s been strained, that doesn’t seem like an indication that the situation has thawed. And if we’re playing Photo Assumption, our favourite game of baseless conclusions, on this portrait… what’s Will’s face saying to you?"

https://www.laineygossip.com/archie-...r-castle/56035
Old 07-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

That does not justify that the public, the media has a right upon everything they do in private! The RF is not there by the mercy of anybody, they are there because they are linked to the long and often turbulant history of Britain and its embodiment. Besides that they do a very hard job! They are not sitting on a sofa, being served tea and reading novellas...!
Old 07-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The answer is very simple. First, it is a matter of historic record for a grandchild of a sovereign as Archie will probably be in the future. Second, under British law, the identity of the godparents of any child baptized in the CoE is public information. The Royal Family chooses to ignore the law as Richard Palmer tweeted, but, even so, Dickie Arbiter admitted that Archie's sealed baptism records at Windsor will be eventually made available to historians in a distant future.
That doesn't tell me why people need to know, what are the media/fans going to do with the information? Archie isn't the grandchild of a sovereign yet so that argument doesn't work right now. It sounds like the information will be released (so the RF isn't ignoring laws) just doing it in the distant future.

In a time when the media has blatantly invaded Harry and Meghan's privacy by hiring helicopters to take pictures inside their home, the media trying to tie Meghan to terrorism, murder and some in the public calling for Harry's death because he married Meghan. I can understand why they have taken extra precautions for their child and family/friends.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post

According to Lainey Gossip, "William and Kate arrived just before noon on Saturday and left just before 1pm, staying exactly an hour. Most people were there longer. Not that it means anything but since the gossip for the better part of a year has been about Will and Harry’s relationship and whether or not it’s been strained, that doesn’t seem like an indication that the situation has thawed. And if we’re playing Photo Assumption, our favourite game of baseless conclusions, on this portrait… what’s Will’s face saying to you?"

Wow, the name "Lainey Gossip" says it all...!
Seems to be a very discreet and trustworthy source.... I´m convinced! It must be true!

Question: Who is "childish"? Two people who attended a christening and are pictured on a photograph later, or adult people gossipping and speculating about things they cannot know about because they were not there and which are technically none of their business at all...?!
If I were Harry or Meghan, the next time, after reading all this junk and crap, I´d go further and release nothing, nada, zero at all - maybe release a christ. photo a couple of years later, to mark the occasion, when the child becomes 5 or 10!
Old 07-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Could you explain how the Cambridges attending their nephew's christening is childish? And what the correct amount of time for them to be there would have been?

And I'm not willing to take any speculation offered by someone who calls themselves Lainey Gossip as anything other than exactly that, gossip.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Pray how might that be the case?

Quote:
According to Lainey Gossip, "William and Kate arrived just before noon on Saturday and left just before 1pm, staying exactly an hour. Most people were there longer.
For a comparative statement like that to have relevance, do we know how long others were there for?

I believe the christening was around half eleven
Old 07-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Christening receptions in general are in my own experience often quite short and this is very busy people we're talking about here so why the outrage.
That aside I'm a bit puzzled by how posters who have no problem calling out any criticism against their favourite as fake news while believing anything positive written about them to be the absolute truth.
I'm not saying that is the case here, but layineygossip is a blog. There are of course exceptions, but blogs are rarely reliable sources.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I completely agree with this.

Quote:

They are funded because they carry out engagements in support of the monarch and gave up the right to make a profit privately. Not because they are selling their private life or their son.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Royal Highness

Harry and Meghan want things too private. How realistic is that for the son and brother of a future king? Especially Harry should know that media is a part of the package.

As I have said before, TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Master Archie? Royal, titled parents and plain private offspring?
It seems they want to control it all and the press have to be willing to follow their rules. That's not the way it works, it works both ways.

When you are royal and titled, you cannot expect to keep your child completely in the background as a private citizen. It comes with the territory of who you are. They have made this unnecesarily difficult.
Had they just made him Viscount XXXX, I don't think there would have been a problem.

They would truly have lived up to their word of "Private Christening" had they only announced it afterwards. If you announce it prior, it is not "private".

I practically agree with what Somebody here said earlier, they seem to be using him as a teaser.

And now I am going to try to bow out of here, somewhere in the future there will be a crash landing...

Closed Thread