The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't smile when I take pictures. Many people don't actually. I wouldn't read too much into it.

As far as the absence of Harry's paternal uncles and aunts is concerned, I don't see anything abnormal about it either. They didn't attend the christenings of any of the Cambridge kids either, did they ?
They didn't. But neither did Diana's siblings.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
They didn't. But neither did Diana's siblings.

Let's assume, hypothetically, that Harry is indeed closer to Diana's sisters than to Anne, Andrew or Edward. So what ? It is not like any of Charles's siblings would care.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post

Had they wanted to avoid that they could either not have included the aunts (of course, they could still have take a picture with the aunts as well; I assume more than 2 pictures were taken) or stated that regrettably uncle Charles couldn't join them for this joyful occasion (just like the queen and duke didn't attend). Again, they didn't have to explain but of course the aunts being included and not the uncle raises the question about his absence. That's just a consequence of their choice of releasing this specific picture.
I agree. It's naive to think people only notice who's there. They equally notice who *isn't* there. With no explanation provided, the couple knows there will be speculation based on the photo they released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Let's assume, hypothetically, that Harry is indeed closer to Diana's sisters than to Anne, Andrew or Edward. So what ? It is not like any of Charles's siblings would care.
That's your opinion. Not necessarily their's.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

There were 25 guests. And 7 in the photo. Some of the windsors may have been at the christening. Not all 18 other guests would be godparents. Charles siblings would not have been in the photo either way. Just like the Cambridge christening photos it's just immediate family. As Diana's sisters, Harry had his aunts stand in her place. Just like when they left the church at the wedding. Charles is there, he doesn't need one or all his siblings to stand in for him.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Didnít see it mentioned, but the Kingdom Choir wrote a lullaby for Archie. That was so sweet.

The Kingdom Choir Twitter
Old 07-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely pictures! I would love to see Megan dress and shoes. Doria looks lovely, now one of Diana's sister hum not quite right for the occasion. Kate looks lovely tood. And Archie is adorable. hum does he has blue eyes? It looks for me. Wish we would have more photos, Now I love harrys smile
Old 07-06-2019, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I agree. It's naive to think people only notice who's there. They equally notice who *isn't* there. With no explanation provided, the couple knows there will be speculation based on the photo they released.
Ok, seriously, what in the world? It’s a nice family photo. Why does it have to be they KNOW people will speculate. It’s so odd to me that people would imply or need to speculate about those not in attendance just because two of Archie’s great aunts are in attendance.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

The baby is a love, and both Kate and Meghan looked gorgeous. The black and white photo is my favorite..it's gorgeous

I wonder if Meghan and Harry had saved any of their wedding cake to serve to their guests at the christening party?
Old 07-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Majesty

https://twitter.com/kateswll/status/...766900229?s=21

before you start shading William remember Harry last year
Old 07-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Ok, seriously, what in the world? Itís a nice family photo. Why does it have to be they KNOW people will speculate. Itís so odd to me that people would imply or need to speculate about those not in attendance just because two of Archieís great aunts are in attendance.
Why not? We seem to speculate about just about everything else on these threads, why not that? It's as legitimate as wondering why Harry thought going casual to his son's christening was a good idea, which is the burning question in my mind.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Guys..we don't know who all is in what pics...they only released TWO pics. Who knows who all else is there and had pics taken with the Sussexes.

Sheesh...why is all the drama and speculation necessary?

LaRae
Old 07-06-2019, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There were 25 guests. And 7 in the photo. Some of the windsors may have been at the christening. Not all 18 other guests would be godparents. Charles siblings would not have been in the photo either way. Just like the Cambridge christening photos it's just immediate family. As Diana's sisters, Harry had his aunts stand in her place. Just like when they left the church at the wedding. Charles is there, he doesn't need one or all his siblings to stand in for him.
Guessing 6 godparents & 6 spouses plus Harry’s aunts’ husbands-now we are up to 21 guests.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Why not? We seem to speculate about just about everything else on these threads, why not that? It's as legitimate as wondering why Harry thought going casual to his son's christening was a good idea, which is the burning question in my mind.
Because I find the speculation that somehow the couple released a photo KNOWING people will speculate there is bad blood between them and aunt and uncles who didn’t attend to be odd. Or that they should pick another photo just because of that. While it’s nice Archie had two great aunts at his christening, it’s hardly unusual for great aunt or great uncle to miss a child’s christening.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely to see Doria again. She must be getting used to the splendours of Windsor Castle by now.
Not to mention the VIP treatment as she travels back and forth.
It is a lovely family photo with the cute bub.

Apart from seeing photos of the new stained glass windows in the private chapel, I had never seen photo's of the private chapel before. I Am very surprised at how small it is.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The baby is a love, and both Kate and Meghan looked gorgeous. The black and white photo is my favorite..it's gorgeous

I wonder if Meghan and Harry had saved any of their wedding cake to serve to their guests at the christening party?

Highly unlikely they followed such an old tradition. Besides their cake wasn't really suited for it. One of the reasons that fruitcake was once and in uk still popular, it stores well and tastes better with age. Sponge cake dries out easily and when defrosted loses much of the taste. Things like fondant can help but their cake was buttercream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Guessing 6 godparents & 6 spouses plus Harry’s aunts’ husbands-now we are up to 21 guests.
True. But some some godparents may be single. A Windsor cousin may also have been godparent. Other possibilities like if Genevieve was a godmother, her husband may not have made the trip. We don't know.

Besides still 4 unaccounted. If any, I'd expect maybe Andrew and even his daughters. Harry seems much closer to yorks then Edward and Anne.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Meghan Markle's estranged father has spoken of his desire to have been at Archie's christening as he wished his grandson nothing but 'health and happiness'.

Thomas Markle, 74, has never met his son-in-law Prince Harry and was not invited to today's christening at Windsor Castle.

He said he would have enjoyed being at the celebration because he has been a member of the Anglican Church since childhood, describing it as the 'Queen's church'.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mpression=true
Old 07-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Because I find the speculation that somehow the couple released a photo KNOWING people will speculate there is bad blood between them and aunt and uncles who didnít attend to be odd. Or that they should pick another photo just because of that. While itís nice Archie had two great aunts at his christening, itís hardly unusual for great aunt or great uncle to miss a childís christening.
My point was that people like to wonder about lots of things on these threads, and sometimes, speaking for myself, it's easier to just skip along to something that does interest me.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, if William can't force a smile at his only blood nephew's christening instead of a sort of constipated grimace, that says more about him than it does anyone else there, IMO.
Forget about William's smile, what I can't understand is why Harry looks so scruffy at his firstborn son's christening. Says a lot about him that he couldn't make the effort!
Old 07-06-2019, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Because I find the speculation that somehow the couple released a photo KNOWING people will speculate there is bad blood between them and aunt and uncles who didn’t attend to be odd. Or that they should pick another photo just because of that. While it’s nice Archie had two great aunts at his christening, it’s hardly unusual for great aunt or great uncle to miss a child’s christening.
That's your rather negative interpretation of what was said. Nobody said they should have picked a different picture (I personally like how Harry is very consistent in including his Spencer family); just that they have to live with the expected (and so far rather limited) fuzz - and their fans should not be surprised or all up in arms if this (some rather innocent questions and a few people wondering about Harry's relationship with his uncle) is what happens.

Harry and Meghan are savvy enough to know that people will wonder why some were and others were not included in the picture (not everyone who attended the christening was in the picture - so that are two different things). If you think they weren't, you underestimate them imho. Again, I am happy it didn't deter them from including his aunts in the picture as it was clearly important to them not only to include them in the christening but also make it public that they did.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
That's your rather negative interpretation of what was said. Nobody said they should have picked a different picture (I personally like how Harry is very consistent in including his Spencer family); just that they have to live with the expected (and so far rather limited) fuzz - and their fans should not be surprised or all up in arms if this (some rather innocent questions and a few people wondering about Harry's relationship with his uncle) is what happens.

Harry and Meghan are savvy enough to know that people will wonder why some were and others were not included in the picture (not everyone who attended the christening was in the picture - so that are two different things). If you think they weren't, you underestimate them imho. Again, I am happy it didn't deter them from including his aunts in the picture as it was clearly important to them not only to include them in the christening but also make it public that they did.
It was specifically said that if they wanted avoid speculation, they should pick another photo. So it wasn’t my interpretation. Be it negative or positive.

We are gonna have to agree to disagree. I don’t see how any reasonable person would assume people will speculate there is bad blood between extended family because someone didn’t attend a great nephew’s christening just because others did.

Closed Thread