The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Can we talk about Doria's brooch? Does anyone recognize the brooch?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-zd9xmUYAEGp4u.jpg:large

Old 07-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

William and Harry are more closer to their aunts. Always have been. Nice to see them in the pics.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-ceremony.html

Archie is very cute. He looks a lot like Meghan.
Harry is underdressed, sorry.
And I love the look on William's face
Old 07-06-2019, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Very nice. Cute baby.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I do hope we get a close up of Archie.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Well, if William can't force a smile at his only blood nephew's christening instead of a sort of constipated grimace, that says more about him than it does anyone else there, IMO.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Exactly! It wasn't so much that Eugenie was a big baby when she was born, although for some reason I can't find her birth weight. It was the fact that Andrew was at sea, and as such she was christened at Sandringham and therefore a little bigger than a newborn. That's why the Christening gown was not properly closed.

Archie is adorable. Nice that the Diana's sisters were there as well.

Sometimes I do think that Harry and Meghan (who seems to get the brunt of all the anger. Its as if Harry can't think for himself and can't make decision about a lifestyle he grew up in.) do make things harder for themselves. On one hand I can see why the godparents wouldn't want their names published as the press has a habit of researching and taking apart the life of anyone associated with the Sussex's. I have learned more about Genevieve Hills in the last two days just because she sat next to Meghan at Wimbledon as opposed to the last 18 months. On the other hand, if you are willing to be a godparent of a royal child in this social media/digital age that's is to be expected. Its funny how we know nothing of the personal lives of the Wessex's children's godparents, but if social media/digital age is/was the same as it is now, I am sure we would.

We are living in age where privacy is becoming a commodity. But you can't argue you deserve privacy when you put your life out there on Instagram/Facebook, etc.

IMO there would have no harm in having the normal walk to the Church, so everyone could have seen the family and the godparents. For those godparents, who didn't want to be photographed...they could have been taken inside discreetly. You announce the godparents, people talk about it for a day or two and than its over. Instead, we had this great furor about something that would have gone away in a day or so. And the tabloids will bring it up for the next two years.

Most likely Archie will be a private citizen like Lady Sarah Chatto, Peter Phillips,etc. whose grandfather, uncle and cousin just happen to be King. He will not have a totally private life but it won'be a royal one.
23/03/1990 19:58
Princess Eugenie Victoria Helena
PARENTS: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson
WHERE: Portland Hospital, London
7 lb. 1.5 oz.

There you have it, taken from https://writeroyalty.com/royal-baby-...n-and-how-big/.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful pictures, especially the black and white one. Archie is so cute and looks like Meghan (pointy nose, full lips and seemingly dark eyes), but it also looks like he is a ginger like Harry. Though its a bit early to tell.

Glad to see the Spencer side of the family. And I don't see anything wrong with William's face. Though, I agree that Harry looks a bit unformal, especially the shoes.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I do hope we get a close up of Archie.
There are close up pics of Archie on FB/Twitter and the DM has pics.

LaRae
Old 07-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

It almost feels wrong to see Camilla under such a small hat Other than that, she and Doria look amazing.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Where are they going to fit everyone? The picture in an article posted previously shows the chapel and it is tiny! How on earth will they fit the family, godparents and choir in?
Sorry to be late with this but I am playing catch-up. There was a documentary a number of years ago about the fire and restoration at Windsor. If I remember correctly, there is literally a Choir Loft in the chapel. There is a rather narrow twisting staircase that leads up to a partial second floor to the chapel which is for the choir. I would assume the organ is up there too but I could be wrong on that one.

I am imagining a conversation in the Sussex household about 15 years from now starting with "Daaaaad, what were you thinking with those shoes???"
Old 07-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

So nice to get a beautiful look at Archie who is an absolutely adorable baby I think he has Meghan eyes and the rest is Harry. Also nice to see Diana sisters there. I do remember William and Harry's christenings and there was no photographs of comings and goings. Harry's tie and shoes and socks especially are not very funny.proof that Megan does not call the shots I am oh I would never let my husband out of the house like that
Old 07-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, if William can't force a smile at his only blood nephew's christening instead of a sort of constipated grimace, that says more about him than it does anyone else there, IMO.
Nobody in the back row looks as though they got the memo to smile, so I don't think William stands out in that sense. Camilla, Catherine, Meghan and Harry are the only ones smiling in the photo. The baby doesn't need to smile, because he's adorable as is.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

When you're a sleep-deprived parent, it's difficult to think straight. I kind of like Harry's casual look. The baby is adorable!!!
Old 07-06-2019, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Christening of Archie Mountbatten-Windsor: July 6th, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
When you're a sleep-deprived parent, it's difficult to think straight. I kind of like Harry's casual look. The baby is adorable!!!

Other than his shoes (which are rather ugly and), how is Harry dressed casual? He’s wearing a nice summery colored suit and tie. Seems pretty formal to me.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Well to be fair none of the guests in the back row (Charles, Doria, Jane, Sarah and William) are smiling. It seems to me that only the front row heard "Cheese."

When I look at these types of royal group photos, I do try to keep in mind that the photographer is taking many pictures in a short period of time.Then ultimately the couple will choose the one that they like the best of the entire group. This is obviously the one the Sussexes chose to share with the world. Also there will be other photos that were rejected (closed eyes, baby yawning, fidgeting) and photos that will ultimately remain private.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Re: Harry’s shoes

If Windsor is a country home, are not brown shoes more appropriate for a gentleman than black shoes?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Majesty

This Christening is the first split of the Firm ,I am afraid... .
Old 07-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post

I am imagining a conversation in the Sussex household about 15 years from now starting with "Daaaaad, what were you thinking with those shoes???"
haha! his shoes caught my attention too - strange choice!
Old 07-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
are not brown shoes more appropriate for a gentleman than black shoes?
Outside, shooting in the Park, yes... but at a Formal occasion where the Ladies have bothered to wear Hats, certainly not !

Closed Thread