The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

Here's more so any one who thinks this is a problem needs to have another think.

The Queen will not release a copy of Archie's baptism certificate, keeping his godparents name a secret, aides say

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-secret.html

Old 07-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Majesty

I think you will find most. baptismal records from royal baptisms are recorded as at Windsor. But fear not, no rules are broken. I mean really, do you not think a throne fought over for centuries has not ensured their children were well and truly baptised and recorded as such by a succession of very, very learned Archbishops and their predecessors?

Old 07-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
The Cambridges did not release pictures with the godparents, so I don't expect any this time around.

A.
I don't expect it either. We already know they are not even going to release names, so surely no picture of them. However, I was describing the hypothetical situation that they were more comparable to Edward and Sophie in at least releasing the names. The picture with godparents (as is customary in most other European royal houses) would be a nice added bonus.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ristening.html

William and Kate have arrived
Old 07-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

William wore shades and the couple took the rear/private entrance to Windsor Castle
Old 07-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
If that were the case then it could also be argued that since “Archie is comparable to a grandchild of a monarch not to a great-grandchild” (according to you) then by that same logic the queen should’ve issued Letters patent to dignify H&M’s child with a princely hrh title the same way she did for all the Cambridge children. I seem to remember you arguing firmly against her doing any such thing for a Sussex offspring, in fact you were so adamant and kept going on about it. Now, whether or not M&H would’ve accepted a hrh title for their mixed race child if tq was benevolent enough to have offered one is beyond the point. I just wondered about the inconsistency of the logic re Archie’s godparents is all.
Point taken. As I've also repeatedly tried to explain, my problem is again with the inconsistency displayed by the couple. Had Harry and Meghan gone the full 'great-grandchild' route: no announcement of christening nor pictures afterwards - that would at least be consistent with other great-grandchildren (although they are female-line great-grandchildren, so their parents aren't royals, while Archie's are; which to me makes all the difference; so, in that respect Archie is comparable to the queen's grandchildren). However, they are going the route of grandchildren with announcement and releasing pictures but withhold the names of the godparents. But I look forward to the release of this information if and when Charles becomes king (would have been helpful if they had announced that, so we knew what to expect ).

And, I truly don't understand why you bring up that Archie is a mixed-race child. I am sure the queen would not have handled it any differently if he had any other race.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

Give me a break, they aren't up setting those they love. Those who they lwant there will be there. Since it is a small event I don't think anyone that loves them will be upset or even care.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

If the queen is not releasing the baptism certificate she is backing up the Sussexes for protection of the godparents. I think all the complaints are based on loss of money to be made for those doing the complaining.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

William wore shades maybe, because the sun was shining and he needed them.
They entered the rear private entrance because it is private like the event.
The fail kills me trying to imply drama when there is none.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Point taken. As I've also repeatedly tried to explain, my problem is again with the inconsistency displayed by the couple. Had Harry and Meghan gone the full 'great-grandchild' route: no announcement of christening nor pictures afterwards - that would at least be consistent with other great-grandchildren (although they are female-line great-grandchildren, so their parents aren't royals, while Archie's are; which to me makes all the difference; so, in that respect Archie is comparable to the queen's grandchildren). However, they are going the route of grandchildren with announcement and releasing pictures but withhold the names of the godparents. But I look forward to the release of this information if and when Charles becomes king (would have been helpful if they had announced that, so we knew what to expect ).

And, I truly don't understand why you bring up that Archie is a mixed-race child. I am sure the queen would not have handled it any differently if he had any other race.
But who says they have to go either model? Their situation isn’t exactly like either. So in that, they have discretion depending on the situation. And obviously, the Queen supports it as her aides have already said she won’t be releasing the record.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I do kind of get the point of the HRH debate. Again showing that Archie is not the same as the Cambridge kids therefore the expectations of him shouldn't be either. He is a private citizen for a reason. HMQ could have easily made him HRH but she did not. In fact he has no titles at all.
I don't see anyone arguing for the same treatment as the Cambridge children (but I may have missed it) but to be treated the comparable to Edward's children (the last children of a younger son of the monarch).

We clearly shouldn't expect the same treatment as for the Cambridge children; they will (in normal circumstances) one day be children of the monarch - and they are already kind of treated as such; just like William and Harry are treated differently from Louise and James (Archie will be a grandson of the monarch and more comparable to their position).
Old 07-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Majesty

So are we to infer from the DM article that the godparents flew via helicopter into the castle to avoid being seen by the reporters ?

The extravaganza just adds up.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
So are we to infer from the DM article that the godparents flew via helicopter into the castle to avoid being seen by the reporters ?

Which article? The one I read said Charles flew in by helicopter. Let’s not go overboard just to criticize the couple.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Nobility

for all we know, they could be there since yesterday. They could have slept at windsor and/or Frogmore. Space is not lacking there
Old 07-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
But who says they have to go either model? Their situation isn’t exactly like either. So in that, they have discretion depending on the situation. And obviously, the Queen supports it as her aides have already said she won’t be releasing the record.
I agree they clearly have the discretion to do as they please. However, that comes of as self-serving and not so much in tune with royal tradition. Apparently, they are ok with that image (imo they are smart enough to know the effect of what they are doing; if they aren't aware, their aides should help them out) - and I am sure they don't mind us discussing their latest illogical move.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Where did you get that info? The article clearly states that Charles arrived by helicopter, not godparents since we don't know who those are.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Which article? The one I read said Charles flew in by helicopter. Let’s not go overboard just to criticize the couple.
The article says Charles flew in by helicopter “ with other guests” , doesn’t it ? That is why I asked if we could “ infer” from that line that the godparents flew in with him, which is a plausible assumption.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

The fail again including the cost of their home with the christening one thing has nothing to do with the other.Since the public paid for the work on the home they have a right to know who the god parent's are and see pictures immediately.

There are people out in Windsor celebrating so it is not everyone who is upset with the event being private which they always are.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Royal Highness

That is just it the inferring is how rumors and untruths get started. The most important thing is little Archie's christening. I hope it went well and everyone there enjoys the day.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The article says Charles flew in by helicopter “ with other guests” , doesn’t it ? That is why I asked if we could “ infer” from that line that the godparents flew in with him, which is a plausible assumption.
Where does it say that? I’m reading this

Quote:
It is believed Prince Charles and Camilla were among some of the first of the 25 guests to arrive, and landed in the grounds of the castle having flown via helicopter this morning.
And unless we can see that there are other guests that are friends of the couple with Charles, which we can’t, the godparents have nothing to do with how Charles came to the christening.

Closed Thread