Christening of Archie Mountbatten-Windsor: July 6th, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are they going to fit everyone? The picture in an article posted previously shows the chapel and it is tiny! How on earth will they fit the family, godparents and choir in?

Sorry to be late with this but I am playing catch-up. There was a documentary a number of years ago about the fire and restoration at Windsor. If I remember correctly, there is literally a Choir Loft in the chapel. There is a rather narrow twisting staircase that leads up to a partial second floor to the chapel which is for the choir. I would assume the organ is up there too but I could be wrong on that one.

I am imagining a conversation in the Sussex household about 15 years from now starting with "Daaaaad, what were you thinking with those shoes???"

Last edited by a moderator:
So nice to get a beautiful look at Archie who is an absolutely adorable baby I think he has Meghan eyes and the rest is Harry. Also nice to see Diana sisters there. I do remember William and Harry's christenings and there was no photographs of comings and goings. Harry's tie and shoes and socks especially are not very funny.proof that Megan does not call the shots I am oh I would never let my husband out of the house like that

Well, if William can't force a smile at his only blood nephew's christening instead of a sort of constipated grimace, that says more about him than it does anyone else there, IMO.

Nobody in the back row looks as though they got the memo to smile, so I don't think William stands out in that sense. Camilla, Catherine, Meghan and Harry are the only ones smiling in the photo. The baby doesn't need to smile, because he's adorable as is.

When you're a sleep-deprived parent, it's difficult to think straight. :D I kind of like Harry's casual look. The baby is adorable!!!

When you're a sleep-deprived parent, it's difficult to think straight. [emoji3] I kind of like Harry's casual look. The baby is adorable!!!

Other than his shoes (which are rather ugly and), how is Harry dressed casual? He’s wearing a nice summery colored suit and tie. Seems pretty formal to me.

Last edited:
Well, if William can't force a smile at his only blood nephew's christening instead of a sort of constipated grimace, that says more about him than it does anyone else there, IMO.

Well to be fair none of the guests in the back row (Charles, Doria, Jane, Sarah and William) are smiling.;) It seems to me that only the front row heard "Cheese."

When I look at these types of royal group photos, I do try to keep in mind that the photographer is taking many pictures in a short period of time.Then ultimately the couple will choose the one that they like the best of the entire group. This is obviously the one the Sussexes chose to share with the world. Also there will be other photos that were rejected (closed eyes, baby yawning, fidgeting) and photos that will ultimately remain private.?

Re: Harry’s shoes

If Windsor is a country home, are not brown shoes more appropriate for a gentleman than black shoes?

This Christening is the first split of the Firm ,I am afraid... .

I am imagining a conversation in the Sussex household about 15 years from now starting with "Daaaaad, what were you thinking with those shoes???"

haha! his shoes caught my attention too - strange choice!

are not brown shoes more appropriate for a gentleman than black shoes?

Outside, shooting in the Park, yes... but at a Formal occasion where the Ladies have bothered to wear Hats, certainly not !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-christening-photographs-secret-ceremony.html

Archie is very cute. He looks a lot like Meghan.
Harry is underdressed, sorry.
And I love the look on William's face ;)

He does look a lot like Meghan. He seems to have her eyes, nose and lips. Which is good because Harry has small eyes and thin lips. Archie looks to have Harry's eyebrows though. But yes, really takes after the Markle side. Don't really see Charles or Diana in him.

As for William's face, Harry made a similar face at Louis' christening photo. Brothers doing as they do. ;)

I also agree that Harry was underdressed. He and Meghan looked like they were attending two different events. Once Harry found out Meghan was going the Dior/ formal Christening route. He should of gotten out the formal Christening suit.

While it's nice to see Diana's sisters. It makes the absence of Anne, Andrew, Edward, and Earl Spencer quite conspicuous. I hope there wasn't any hurt feelings there. Especially as Andrew and Harry always seemed quite close even vacationing together, and the Sussexes now live quite close to Andrew and Edward. It's their decision but I probably would have been more inclusive, or not invited any uncles or aunts.

Last edited:
This Christening is the first split of the Firm ,I am afraid... .

What do you mean?

Archie looks like Meghan right now, the eyes and lips. The nose I'm not sure because Harry and Meghan have a similar nose. But right now I think he is a ginger like Harry. He also seems to be growing rather quickly. He is too cute! I think the pictures are wonderful. They look like happy but a little tired new parents. Very happy to see Diana's sisters in the picture and Doris looks fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
So cute! Looks like Meghan's genes won.

When you look in close he is smirking, like when somebody has just made a comment and you want to laugh but need to hold it in.

I don't see any split evidence, or at least not from this photo. Harry's aunts are there in place of their sister and no other wider family was included in the shots. We don't know if any other aunts, uncles or cousins etc were in attendance but not in the photos, not invited or invited but couldn't attend, like the Queen.

I also agree that Harry was underdressed. He and Meghan looked like they were attending two different events. Once Harry found out Meghan was going the Dior/ formal Christening route. He should of gotten out the formal Christening suit.

While it's nice to see Diana's sisters. It makes the absence of Anne, Andrew, Edward, and Earl Spencer quite conspicuous. I hope there wasn't any hurt feelings there. Especially as Andrew and Harry always seemed quite close even vacationing together, and the Sussexes now live quite close to Andrew and Edward. It's their decision but I probably would have been more inclusive, or not invited any uncles or aunts.

Harry is wearing a light colored summer suit-it is summer time. He looks fine. It is not as if he's wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Harry's father was there, Harry didn't need his Windsor aunt and uncles to represent his father. Jane and Sarah were there to represent his late mother.

Last edited:
I can’t see anything that you would read into from William’s expression. I have never had him down as having a particularly large, open smile. If Kate is wearing the earrings Diana wore to Harry’s christening, that is a lovely, thoughtful touch.

Last edited:
Harry is wearing a light colored summer suit-it is summer time. He looks fine. It is not as if he's wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Harry's father was there, Harry didn't need his Windsor aunt and uncles to represent his father. Jane and Sarah were there to represent his late mother.

Using that logic, the Windsor aunts and uncles could of represented HM and DoE. :D

But seriously, I see favoritism and you don't. All that matters is whether the excluded parties see it as a snub or not. I doubt we'll ever know unless 'sources' tell the media.

Using that logic, the Windsor aunts and uncles could of represented HM and DoE. :D

But seriously, I see favoritism and you don't. All that matters is whether the excluded parties see it as a snub or not. I doubt we'll ever know unless 'sources' tell the media.

I would be staggered if Charles' siblings feel snubbed by the inclusion of Diana's sisters. Harry's mother is dead & anyone with a heart would be sensitive to his desire to have her sisters there.

The baby looks like a blend of both parents to me. It looks like he will have brown eyes and might also end up a redhead. I wouldn’t be surprised if he will be a bit darker when he’s older too, like his mom. He’s cute regardless.

I would be staggered if Charles' siblings feel snubbed by the inclusion of Diana's sisters. Harry's mother is dead & anyone with a heart would be sensitive to his desire to have her sisters there.

I agree, Charles' siblings are unlikely to feel snubbed at Diana's sisters being present.

I can’t see anything that you would read into from William’s expression. I have never had him down as having a particularly large, open smile. If Kate is wearing the earrings Diana wore to Harry’s christening, that is a lovely, thoughtful touch.

I don't smile when I take pictures. Many people don't actually. I wouldn't read too much into it.

As far as the absence of Harry's paternal uncles and aunts is concerned, I don't see anything abnormal about it either. They didn't attend the christenings of any of the Cambridge kids either, did they ?

Harry is too casually dressed for the other royals. Diana’s sister, Jane, looks ridiculous in that Panama hat. Truth be told, Doria and Camilla looked the best. JMHO

What kind of questions? It’s not unusual for some people to have a schedule conflict. I don’t see why this should prevent his aunts from being included.

The question that was being asked above: why is his uncle not in the picture? Is it because of a scheduling conflict or is there more to it. I tend to think the former - but others suggested that me might be closer to his aunts (which is I think is true; but not necessarily the reason uncle Charles wasn't in the picture; he might have been invited and declined or he wasn't invited at all). I noticed that by now even the absence of the paternal uncles and aunts has been raised. Harry could have asked his aunt Jane who represented his mother on his wedding day to be do so again this time but apparently, they decided to invite at least both aunts.

I didn't talk about whether his aunts should or should not be included. I just stated the obvious that including the aunts (which was never done before - so no automatism; but totally fine with me) leads to questions being asked. So, no need to be surprised about it.

Had they wanted to avoid that they could either not have included the aunts (of course, they could still have take a picture with the aunts as well; I assume more than 2 pictures were taken) or stated that regrettably uncle Charles couldn't join them for this joyful occasion (just like the queen and duke didn't attend). Again, they didn't have to explain but of course the aunts being included and not the uncle raises the question about his absence. That's just a consequence of their choice of releasing this specific picture.

Last edited:
Isn’t it just possible that the two aunts are Archie’s godparents?

HM and the DoE are not dead. Just not in attendance. Harry’s mother is deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom