Birth of Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor: June 4, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a sweet name, I'm sure the queen is delighted and of course Harry and Meghan ran it by her first. As for Doria being overlooked, I wasn't named after my only grandmother either, but I remember her with love and affection.

Since they announced that they were expecting a girl, i was thinking to Elisabeth-Diana. I should have beat (...)
Lili is very pretty and Diana of course. I come from a country it is almost obvious to give to kids their grandparents names.. and it was almost obvious for Diana's sons to honor their mother. Maybe William chose not to do for politically correct reasons...also might have been odd to have a little princess Diana..
but Harry..obvious.
As for to add Élisabeth..to honor the Queen.. especially after the last events (their departure +prince Philip's loss) obvious also...
Globally very good choice.
All my wishes to the little girl and her family.

Congratulations to the Sussex's:) The birth of baby is always happy news. I am sure she is adorable:)

On H&M’s engagement announcement, both Henry and Harry were used. On the Queen’s consent, it was Henry C.A.D. and Rachel Meghan. On H&M’s wedding invite it was Henry and Meghan. On Archie’s birth certificate it was Henry C.A.D. and Rachel Meghan.

So Harry knows that Henry has to be used sometimes.
Don't forget that Archie's birth certificate was changed many months later to erase the name "Rachel Meghan" and to insert "Prince" in front of Harry's name.

Nothing is ever as it seems with these people.

Glad she's been born safely and mum and baby are well. But wow with the name.

For two people who really claim to hate everything about the family and have spent the last year trying to destroy everything HM holds dear, they're laying it on really thick and not in a good way. It's also a little presumptuous to use a private family nickname unless you've asked permission and I kind of doubt they had.

Not surprised about Diana of course.
Yes laying it on thick and using the queens nickname is really aggressive

Saw somewhere that the domain lilibetdiana.com was registered on June 4. Is that H&M? It was registered by the same Arizona company that registered sussexroyal.com, sussexroyal.org, archewell.com, archewell.org.

Interestingly, lilibetdiana.org was registered today June 6 by a college apartment in Oregon?

Can we check if they registered or trademarked anything else?

:previous: Silly me, I thought the birth of a beautiful, healthy, baby was a cause for joy, celebration and congratulations. Welcome to the world Lili, and best wished for her big brother and parents.

As a note, William and Harry grew up around people who called their Granny "Lilibet", as an aunt and as a beloved niece, to cousins, second cousins, etc. In private I think they heard the name Lilibet far more than Elizabeth.

In my neck of the woods, naming a child after someone you love and have been close to your whole life is a gift of love, not exploitation. Kindness people. Just a little peace, love and kindness can make the world we live in a much more beautiful place.

:previous: Silly me, I thought the birth of a beautiful, healthy, baby was a cause for joy, celebration and congratulations. Welcome to the world Lili, and best wished for her big brother and parents.

As a note, William and Harry grew up around people who called their Granny "Lilibet", as an aunt and as a beloved niece, to cousins, second cousins, etc. In private I think they heard the name Lilibet far more than Elizabeth.

In my neck of the woods, naming a child after someone you love and have been close to your whole life is a gift of love, not exploitation. Kindness people. Just a little peace, love and kindness can make the world we live in a much more beautiful place.

Too bad Harry and Meghan forgot to show kindness to his family when his grandfather was dying or when Charles and the queen was grieving. But hey they named her Lilibet. I guess that’s all the kindness they need.

Didn’t The Duchess of York say that the Queen was the most forgiving person she knew? It’s possible the Queen as a grandmother has forgiven and is even concerned about Harry. She seems to have the ability to keep family and the family business separate. After all, the Duke of York put the family business in an awkward situation so she removed him, but he also remains a much loved member of her family.

I think it’s a tribute and a meaningful, adorable name, and I wish them all the best. I do hope Harry can move on from the past and build the kind of happy home life he wants for his family. He might find it easier to do so if he learned forgiveness from his grandmother.

Here's a question: what is technically Lili's style? Is she The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor?

"Lilibet" is growing on me and so is "Lili". Lili will be an easy name for Archie to say and also easy for Lili to do when she gets to the point of writing her name.

One thing I've noticed in the pages and pages of discussion is that the focus has been on the child's name and it's honoring of the Queen. Almost makes it seem that the child's middle name of Diana was run of the mill. Of course, everyone kind of expected Diana to be among the child's name.

I do have a prediction though. This little girl is going to have her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I've always loved watching Harry with children and always imagined him as how he would be with his own. Archie and Lili, both, are blessed to have a daddy that loves and cherishes and protects them. This is, hopefully, going to be a very close knit family.

Here's a question: what is technically Lili's style? Is she The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor?

Since the Sussexes eschewed any style for Archie and he is just plain Master Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, my guess is that Lili is Miss Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor. We'll see what happens when Charles becomes king.

No, Helena’s nickname was Lenchen. Beatrice, Ena’s mother, was Queen Victoria’s youngest child. Her daughter Victoria Eugenie (after the Empress Eugenie) became Ena, later Queen of Spain.
Her full name was Victoria Eugenie Julia Ena.

Since the Sussexes eschewed any style for Archie and he is just plain Master Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, my guess is that Lili is Miss Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor. We'll see what happens when Charles becomes king.

Archie is technically styled Earl of Dumbarton from birth - his parents have asked him to referred to as Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. I'm assuming Lili is technically styled The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor

"Lilibet" is growing on me and so is "Lili". Lili will be an easy name for Archie to say and also easy for Lili to do when she gets to the point of writing her name.

One thing I've noticed in the pages and pages of discussion is that the focus has been on the child's name and it's honoring of the Queen. Almost makes it seem that the child's middle name of Diana was run of the mill. Of course, everyone kind of expected Diana to be among the child's name.

I do have a prediction though. This little girl is going to have her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I've always loved watching Harry with children and always imagined him as how he would be with his own. Archie and Lili, both, are blessed to have a daddy that loves and cherishes and protects them. This is, hopefully, going to be a very close knit family.

The text in bold - I think that was always a given!

Harry's world are his children, you cannot deny that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Under British Common Law, yes - as the legitimate daughter of a Duke she is "The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor" and her older brother is "Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, commonly called Earl of Dumbarton." However, Harry and Meghan decided that their children would not use the normal courtesy titles of the children of a Duke - but they DO have them.

Does the court ever call Harry Henry?
Before he received his Dukedom, Harry was always "Prince Henry of Wales" in the Court Circular; afterwards he has been "The Duke of Sussex." He was referred to as "Prince Harry" on the Royal Website and on less formal communications.

Under British Common Law, yes - as the legitimate daughter of a Duke she is "The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor" and her older brother is "Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, commonly called Earl of Dumbarton." However, Harry and Meghan decided that their children would not use the normal courtesy titles of the children of a Duke - but they DO have them.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts :flowers:

I agree with your prediction as well.

Lili is a lovely nickname. If they wanted to name her Lilibet, perhaps Lilibeth with an “h” at the end would be spelled better? I wish they would have added Doris or Dory as a third name for the baby as a tribute to Doria as well. It would have been a nice gesture to honor her mum as well.

Congratulations to the couple for the birth of their healthy baby girl!

I thought the Daily Mail was having us on, as surely no one would wait until Her Majesty The Queen's husband over over 70 years was newly laid to rest to rake her parenting over the coals, blaming it for three generations of inherited trauma, announce to the world that traveling to London to be by her side for the man's funeral induced a new spell of trauma in him to turn the occasion back on himself, and then name his child after her, only using a nickname that is reserved for intimate friends of her own generation, meaning it has no significance to him or his wife.

But I had forgotten who I was reading about.

[bbm] - I had not considered that aspect of it - thank you, HighGoalHD.

Such a pity to use an intimate private family pet name in that way.

I thought at the time that Harry was an awful Victorian nickname for Henry, which had long since gone out of fashion...
Harry has been the standard English nickname for Henry since at least the time of Henry V and Henry VIII was also sometimes called Harry.

Yes, Eugenie wholeheartedly congratulated Harry and Meghan on her IG today. Very sweet. Maybe August, Archie and Lili will meet later this year.

Harry's cousin shared her delight at the news as she posted on Instragram this evening: "Congratulations dear cousins...we couldn't be happier for you all", followed by a string of heart emojis.

Glad to hear Lili arrived safely, many congratulations to the parents and big brother Archie ❤️

We can only speculate what the queen feels about the child being named after her, so i choose to assume that she knew and was okay with them using her nickname of Lilibet as the first name.

What i don't quite get is the speculations in this thread on other varietys of naming Lili...they made it quite clear that the names were in honor of grandmother and mother of Harry, why do we want to find more relatives who we think got a mention..

some serious overthinking going on in this thread :flowers:

Lili is a German name. I though Lidl was a German supermarket?

Actually LIDL is a supermarket. Like Aldi, if you're used to that.

The common way of writing the name in Germany would be LILLI, with two L.

If it's LILI, some people might pronounce it as LEE-LI.

Reference to Lidl was meant to be a joke!

It would not surprise me if the BRF found out from the press release.

Is there any reason to think the family wouldn’t have been informed?

Really? That seems very unlikely.

H&M seem to be very keen on their privacy and may not have wanted to risk a leak emerging from the BRF. Also, they hardly describe family relations as warm and cordial.

[...]I really think in his mind naming their new daughter Lilibet is honoring his grandmother. Archie is generally a nickname for Archibald, yet they named their son Archie not Archibald. Perhaps they like using nicknames for names, and so Lilibet fits in with that and honors his grandmother too. Also other than in the south and in certain ethnic cultures, naming someone after another living family member, isn't really a popular thing here in the US except maybe as a middle name. I'm sure Doria is just fine with her name not being used and likely didn't expect it to be. Congratulations to the couple on the birth of a healthy baby girl!

Well, they are!

And when it suits them the RF is a toxic family who treats every body cruelly nad drove Meghan to have to leave the country

[...]I really think in his mind naming their new daughter Lilibet is honoring his grandmother. Archie is generally a nickname for Archibald, yet they named their son Archie not Archibald. Perhaps they like using nicknames for names, and so Lilibet fits in with that and honors his grandmother too. Also other than in the south and in certain ethnic cultures, naming someone after another living family member, isn't really a popular thing here in the US except maybe as a middle name. I'm sure Doria is just fine with her name not being used and likely didn't expect it to be. Congratulations to the couple on the birth of a healthy baby girl!

There's no way of knowing what Doria thinks of it. Perhaps she's hurt that only one grandmother is mentioned but I think she's too much of a lady to go to the press about it.

Or not. Adults have called the Queen "Aunt Lilibeth" in the past. Just recently the King of Spain addressed the Queen as "Aunt Lilibeth " when writing a letter of condolences on the death of Philip.

He is a relative. Diana wasn't, just the daughter of a friend and she wasn't I think that close to the queen prior to her marriage. So I'd say that things became more formal and she didn't' go on calling her Aunt Lilibet as a young woman.

Savannah is Savannah Anne Kathleen, to include both grandmothers' names. Isla is Isla Elizabeth with no third name.

Since they announced that they were expecting a girl, i was thinking to Elisabeth-Diana. I should have beat (...)
Lili is very pretty and Diana of course. I come from a country it is almost obvious to give to kids their grandparents names.. and it was almost obvious for Diana's sons to honor their mother. Maybe William chose not to do for politically correct reasons...also might have been odd to have a little princess Diana..
but Harry..obvious.
As for to add Élisabeth..to honor the Queen.. especially after the last events (their departure +prince Philip's loss) obvious also...
Globally very good choice.
All my wishes to the little girl and her family.

William's daughter Charlotte is named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, as far as I know.

Thankfully the baby and her mother are well.

Harry, Meghan, Archie and Lili sound good together.

The name Lilibet Diana is meaningful to them and I hope Lili gets to meet her great grandmother. I assume
Queen Elizabeth gave her approval for the use of her intimate nick name, Lilibet.
Lili shares a birthday with Jetsun Pema, Queen of Bhutan.

All good health and blessings for the little Lilibet.

Last edited:
Thankfully the baby and her mother are well.

Harry, Meghan, Archie and Lili sound good together.

The name Lilibet Diana is meaningful to them and I hope Lili gets to meet her great grandmother. I assume
Queen Elizabeth gave her approval for the use of her intimate nick name, Lilibet.

All good health and blessings for the little Lilibet.

I dont know when the queen will see the baby. They might be able to come ot the UK in the autumn.. but if H is going ot go to the Diana Statue, in July, its a bit soon to take a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom