Birth of Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor: June 4, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it absolutely necessary that Lilibet's name had to flow well with that of Master Archie?

We know that some of the long time senior aides at BP disliked and disapproved of Meghan from the beginning. And, as for this unnamed source from the Palace, is this a quote from the Queen’s lips? Would the Queen have discussed her grandson’s conversations with staff?

We know that some of the long time senior aides at BP disliked and disapproved of Meghan from the beginning. And, as for this unnamed source from the Palace, is this a quote from the Queen’s lips? Would the Queen have discussed her grandson’s conversations with staff?

Perhaps we should just rely on the regular drip feed from Sunshine Sachs to determine what really happened! ?

No. We don’t have to trust ANY of these sources. However, this latest titbit relies on it being a reliable source from the Queen herself and not a leak from a staff member who dislikes the Sussexes.

Wow you really missed the point. They used an intimate nickname that only super close family members used, for example her recently deceased husband, after publicly trashing the entire family enterprise. Why name your baby after an enterprise that you think is so toxic and also announces her birth with letterhead showing royal emblems if all you do is try to show how you want to be free from it

I haven't missed the point at all. You will see from some of my other posts that I thought it inappropriate to use an intimate family nickname after everything they've said. This was what I wrote elsewhere:

I don't think it's the fact that Lilibet isn't a "proper" name that would be bothering her, more the fact that it's her private, intimate, family nickname, being used by people who've said that her family are racist, uncaring, neglectful, and bad parents, just after the death of her husband of 74 years. But we'll never know how she feels about it, because she doesn't go around discussing her private business on TV talk shows
The comment which you quoted was in response to the people who thought it odd that they'd included the abbreviation Lili in the official announcement, rather than just saying Lilibet. I don't find it odd to tell people that you're using, say, Susie rather than Susan, so I don't find it odd to say that you're using Lili rather than Lilibet. But I certainly don't think that they should have used Lilibet at all, especially as a Palace source has now said that the Queen wasn't even asked. Please read other people's comments properly before telling them that they've "missed the point". Thank you.

Last edited:
No. We don’t have to trust ANY of these sources. However, this latest titbit relies on it being a reliable source from the Queen herself and not a leak from a staff member who dislikes the Sussexes.

..... as opposed to a leak from Sunshine Sachs, the independent arbiters of the truth!

We can all draw our own conclusions, but I tend to trust the BBC a lot more than Omid Scoobie, People magazine, Gayle King and others.

The BBC reported what it was told by an unknown BP source. That’s the crux of the matter.

'Lilibet' is a nickname bestowed upon HM by her grandfather King George and carried on by her extended family throughout her life. It is not an 'intimate personal' name, that would be Philip calling his beloved wife "Cabbage" since they married in 1947.

Last edited:
Yes, if it was that intimate and confined to close family of the Queen’s own generation, King Juan Carlos of Spain wouldn’t be calling her Cousin Lilibet and his son Felipe Aunt Lilibet.

People keep writing how unique the Queen's nickname is.

With all due respect, this is nonsense. I have heard and read that name coutless times before.

:ermm:

People keep writing how unique the Queen's nickname is.

With all due respect, this is nonsense. I have heard and read that name coutless times before.

:ermm:

How many people are there out there called Lilibet?

The BBC reported what it was told by an unknown BP source. That’s the crux of the matter.

Yes but are the BBC going to get into the name did they/didn't they debate unless they have a good source? And not a footman.

The Sussexes have open lied about a lot of things in the last few months. They also very publicly launched their Half In, Half Out manifesto claiming they had permission, hoping to make it a fait accompli and turns out it was a complete lie.

It's clear BP/the family had no idea the birth announcement was coming or it wouldn't have taken over an hour to release a statement and more for social media congratulations. And then the official statement was short and didn't mention the name.

Then there are all the reports that suggest HM did know they wanted to name the baby after her but "Lilibet" wasn't discussed it wouldn't be the first time a spokesman had twisted that sort of thing either.

Of course the unnamed source might just be trying to stir something up but the Sussexes word is worth absolutely nothing either.

Last edited:
Yes but are the BBC going to get into the name did they/didn't they debate unless they have a good source? And not a footman.

The Sussexes have open lied about a lot of things in the last few months. They also very publicly launched their Half In, Half Out manifesto claiming they had permission, hoping to make it a fait accompli and turns out it was a complete lie.

It's clear BP/the family had no idea the birth announcement was coming or it wouldn't have taken over an hour to release a statement and more for social media congratulations. And then the official statement was short and didn't mention the name.

Then there are all the reports that suggest HM did know they wanted to name the baby after her but "Lilibet" wasn't discussed it wouldn't be the first time a spokesman had twisted that sort of thing either.

Of course the unnamed source might just be trying to stir something up but the Sussexes word is worth absolutely nothing either.

I am not intending to enter the debate as to the suitability or otherwise of the name Lilibet. However, I do agree with you in that H&M have done an awful lot to destroy their own credibility in recent years.

And what is wrong with that?

Royal sources are usually unnamed for obvious reasons. But how likely is it that the queen was happy about this name? She may have been asked and said she didn't like the idea but from all we've seen of the behavior of H and Meghan, I dont think a polite "I dont like the idea" would stop them from doing something. She may have said nothing, knowing that there was nothing she could do... She may not have been asked at all.. but that wouldn't stop H and Meghan claiming the opposite....

But how likely is it that the queen was happy about this name? She may have been asked and said she didn't like the idea but from all we've seen of the behavior of H and Meghan, I dont think a polite "I dont like the idea" would stop them from doing something. She may have said nothing, knowing that there was nothing she could do... She may not have been asked at all.. but that wouldn't stop H and Meghan claiming the opposite....

If HM had been asked for her views on the name and she was less than positive, there is a reasonable chance that the next truth bomb might include comments on how the RF tried to prevent Lili being named as such due to racism!

Does the Queen have trademark on the name?

really? The queen needs to take out a trademark of her pet name that is used by her close family and friends? I've never heard of any other Lilibets, and its clear that this name was picked by Harry and Meg to emphasise his connexction with the queen...

If HM had been asked for her views on the name and she was less than positive, there is a reasonable chance that the next truth bomb might include comments on how the RF tried to prevent Lili being named as such due to racism!
I agree. I think that if they'd gone for her proper name Elizabeth, she would have been fine with it.. but even then it must seem odd to find that her grandson whos been calling her whole family monsters, wants to name his child after her. but she would have stilfed any feelings about that, and accepted the naming.

I agree. I think that if they'd gone for her proper name Elizabeth, she would have been fine with it.. but even then it must seem odd to find that her grandson whos been calling her whole family monsters, wants to name his child after her. but she would have stilfed any feelings about that, and accepted the naming.

I agree with you.

I agree with you.

well theres are LOADS of Elizabeths in the family.. Anne Eliz, Zara Anne Eliz Tindall, Isla Eliz Phillips, Lena ELiz Tindall, Beatrice Eliz of York, Davina Eliz Windsor, Louise MW has Eliz in her name and of course Charlotte...
Also, I think that Fred Windsor's daughter Maud is called Elizabeth too.

but they've all used it as a second name and used the full name..

Last edited:

I sincerely believe that what we're seeing with the naming of the Sussex child and the name being used of "Lilibet" is a classic example of "never complain, never explain" and it's working.

This is why I believe all the congratulations from the British side of family have been very generic and and frankly, quite stark and straight to the point. No matter what the reactions and the feelings and perhaps a whole lot of other emotions that are bouncing off palace walls these days, none of it will or should make it into the public domain. The BRF are above playing silly reindeer games for the sake of the entertainment world.

Harry and Meghan very well could have thought that with the recent "truth bombs" they've exploded into the public domain, they would really start up what would be known as the prize fight of the decade. What is actually happening with the way the BRF and the "Firm" are handling things resemble "Suppose They Gave A War And Nobody Came". ;)

I sincerely believe that what we're seeing with the naming of the Sussex child and the name being used of "Lilibet" is a classic example of "never complain, never explain" and it's working.

This is why I believe all the congratulations from the British side of family have been very generic and and frankly, quite stark and straight to the point. No matter what the reactions and the feelings and perhaps a whole lot of other emotions that are bouncing off palace walls these days, none of it will or should make it into the public domain. The BRF are above playing silly reindeer games for the sake of the entertainment world.

Harry and Meghan very well could have thought that with the recent "truth bombs" they've exploded into the public domain, they would really start up what would be known as the prize fight of the decade. What is actually happening with the way the BRF and the "Firm" are handling things resemble "Suppose They Gave A War And Nobody Came". ;)

Well said, @Osipi. From the perspective of the BRF, there is little point is complaining or disagreeing with H&M. At the moment, they seem to thrive on discord, so it is best to not provide any oxygen to their whining in the public domain.

I, too, had felt the Instagram messages of congratulations from the BRF where a little anodyne. This may well have been because they probably only heard of the birth from the announcement by H&M.

Palace source denies that Harry and Meghan asked the Queen to use Lilibet name.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57408163

Sussex spokesperson claims, however, that the Queen was the first member of the Family to be informed of the chosen name and was " supportive ".

The two statements are not necessarily mutually exclusive or contradictory.

Palace source denies that Harry and Meghan asked the Queen to use Lilibet name.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57408163

Sussex spokesperson claims, however, that the Queen was the first member of the Family to be informed of the chosen name and was " supportive ".

The two statements are not necessarily mutually exclusive or contradictory.

That H&M feel the need to fight these ridiculous battles tells an awful lot about them.

The fact that it's the BBC that broke the "absolutely not" story gives it more credibility to me than if it was just the ever updated and contradictory DM stories on this issue. Especially with them treading on eggshells over Bashir.

I don't believe for one second the ridiculous stories that they continually happily zoom with HM and she's the first to know everything whilst they keep trashing everything she's work for for 70 years.

Even the "we definitely asked" stories leave a lot of wiggle room "well we asked if we could name the baby after her..." "she knew we wanted to use her name..."

The Sussexes have now updated "their truth" to include that Lili is a "sweet nod" to Doria who used to call Meghan "flower". The fact that this was not included on the press release whereas the other details about the name *were* and indeed Doria was not mentioned at all until there was backlash tells me "this truth" happened for them in the last couple of days.

I don't believe the palace knew of the birth before hand because otherwise they'd have had a statement read to go and not just a few lines over and hour later that didn't even mention the name.

You don't have to believe "Palace sources" are always correct to also realise "Sussex spokespeople" and Omid Scobie are most certainly not reliable either.

It really is sad that there's so much controversy over a name for a baby though. And once again, this doesn't at all reflect on her in the slightest.

Im not sure. I think that Meghan and Harry know that the RF WONT start a big public fight (but there may be subterranean hit backs from "members of the Palace staff) and that they are unlikely to do something dramatic and public like disowning them or cutting them out of the Will.. so they reckon they are safe to do things like call the RF racist and say they got married 3 days before their wedding and that the RF didn't want to help them ever and treated them oh so cruelly. The most the queen will say is probably "recollections may vary"...

The fact that it's the BBC that broke the "absolutely not" story gives it more credibility to me than if it was just the ever updated and contradictory DM stories on this issue. Especially with them treading on eggshells over Bashir.

I don't believe for one second the ridiculous stories that they continually happily zoom with HM and she's the first to know everything whilst they keep trashing everything she's work for for 70 years.

You don't have to believe "Palace sources" are always correct to also realise "Sussex spokespeople" and Omid Scobie are most certainly not reliable either.

It really is sad that there's so much controversy over a name for a baby though. And once again, this doesn't at all reflect on her in the slightest.
no, poor little thing. Shes only a few days old and her parents have ensured that there is plenty of talk about her name which is probably their aim.
I dont know when the Queen and RF found out, but I am sure that while theyre glad of a new baby and hope that they will see her one day, they are far from happy with any of the actions of the parents. Of course they have to extend congratulations publicly, but I agree that the congrats are probably generic... and that in private relations aren't that cosy.
I agree about the Zoom chats.
I'd say the queen did keep in touch and probably chatted last year about ordinary things like "how are you liking California" and "How is Archie doing..." but I doubt, quite honestly if Philip did a lot of chatting. I'm sure he wasn't happy with his grandsons behavior and I think he kept to himself a lot in the last year and probably didn't talk to H much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom