Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking as a native Californian;) I can confidently state there are a few options:

1. Live in full time housekeeper and child care provider with a gardening service. Additional house cleaning staff comes on a scheduled time a few times a week.

2. Live in child care provider who also provides some light housekeeping work, but with a cleaning/gardening staff who are regularly scheduled to come in a few times a week.

3. All staff (child care, housekeeping, gardening) do not live on premises but come in on a daily or several days during the week.
4. All staff (child care, housekeeping, gardening) do not live on premises but come one-two times a week and the occasional extra day when required.

I don't know about California, but I think the most common option in the US for wealthy families is to have a housekeeper/ cook who comes in evey day, but doesn't live with the family. She will normally come in the morning , have an 8-hour working day and then leave in the late afternoon/evening.

I don't think it is common these days to have butlers or anything similar to that. Donald Trump for example had a long-term butler before he became president and some other millionaires/billionaires might have one too.

Last edited:
It depends on the context/situation, the friends may have been joking with each other and something along the lines of now you will be a princess/HRH and she replied with with I will always be Meg/Meghan (true to herself).

The story stem from Daniel on her wedding day. He brought it up and asked.

“I asked her that. ‘Do I bow to you? I don’t want to disrespect you, but I’ve known for almost ten years. What’s up?'” he recalls. “She started laughing and she said, ‘I’m always going to be Meg. Meg.'”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/people...d-makeup-artist-pal-before-royal-wedding/amp/

I am just going to leave this here, since not long ago some people were so adamant about the BRF not having sanctioned official memorabilia commemorating the birth of Archie Harrison. This is from KP store
Archie Harrison Mountbatten Windsor May 6, 2019
Go figure. Nice china if you ask me :whistling::whistling::whistling:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7_CGTwU0AA4BTE.jpg:large

No one said anything about the BRF.

It was the Royal Collection Trust that didn't release any memorabilia as was clearly stated at the time.

I am just going to leave this here, since not long ago some people were so adamant about the BRF not having sanctioned official memorabilia commemorating the birth of Archie Harrison. This is from KP store

Thanks for posting this. It is beautiful China. I may just purchase a set.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am quite surprised as he has no title and I just don't see him going from this to suddenly being a prince one day. I could be wrong but I just don't see it.

It's pretty but not crazy about the colors.

The set KP is selling is nice. They also have a few more items commemorating Archie's birth.

The previous discussion was about The Royal Collection Trust. They announced that they wouldn't be producing any official memorabilia.

I always assumed that the KP gift shop would sell something, although I'm not sure the items have been commissioned by the BRF.

Last edited:
I am quite surprised as he has no title and I just don't see him going from this to suddenly being a prince one day. I could be wrong but I just don't see it.

people change status and title in the course of one's life, nothing unusual

The honourable Diana Spencer, Lady Diana Spencer, HRH The Princess of Wales, Diana, Princess of wales

HRH Prince Philip of Greece and Danemark, Lt Philip Mountbatten, HRH Sir Philip Mountbatten, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, HRH Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh

and there are plenty of examples like this

Last edited:

The honourable Diana Spencer, Lady Diana Spencer, HRH The Princess of Wales, Diana, Princess of wales

HRH Prince Philip of Greece and Danemark, Lt Philip Mountbatten, HRH Sir Philip Mountbatten, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, HRH Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh

and there are plenty of examplse late this

The big difference is that Archie's titles completely depend on his birth (so why give him no title to start with when it is known that one day he will be the duke of Sussex in normal circumstances), while your examples depend on marriage.

.. every firstborn son of nobility starts without a title / just a courtesy title; like Prince Charles, The Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales, - and one day .. The King.

So why not call him - and in that veine also Prince William and why not Prince George allready King - because on day they will be?

.. every firstborn son of nobility starts without a title / just a courtesy title; like Prince Charles, The Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales, - and one day .. The King.

So why not call him - and in that veine also Prince William and why not Prince George allready King - because on day they will be?

Charles was HRH Prince Charles of Edinburgh from birth. Likewise William was HRH Prince William of Wales and George was HRH Prince George of Cambridge from birth. They could have used/ use courtesy titles as all 3 had/have a father who was/is also a peer, but they never used one probably because they were already princes in their own right.

Last edited:

I don't understand the point you are trying to make... Archie was born with the courtesy title Earl of Dumbarton, as the eldest son of the Duke of Sussex, from that title the natural progression would be to one day become the duke himself upon which moment his eldest son would be known as earl of Dumbarton. However, his parents don't want him to use it!

So, the whole point is that his parents wish to pretend he is just some guy named Archie, not belonging to his father's family as sons of a duke would be known by their father's secondary title or (if younger sons) as Lords while at some point in his life he is expected to start acknowledging his background by becoming a duke (outt of nowhere). This is a completely different scenario than someone marrying into a family and therefore becoming a duchess while previously being a ordinary person, or the daughter of an earl becoming the princess of Wales. Those things couldn't be foreseen, while Archie's future can.

Charles was HRH Prince Charles of Edinburgh from birth. Likewise William was HRH Prince William of Wales and George was HRH Prince George of Cambridge from birth. They could have used/ use courtesy titles as all 3 had/have a father who was/is also a peer, but they never used one probably because they were already princes in their own right.

Indeed, having a (higher) title in your own right would trump the use of a courtesy title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost one month later and I still have not reconciled my self to that name...I just dislike it so intensely. I cannot imagine it as anything other than a casual nickname.
:sad:

I think it's cute...I grew up around a guy (older) named Archie so not so 'weird' to me.

LaRae

and there are plenty of examples like this

Indeed. I don't get why people think this is some huge difference, particularly given the circumstances. Archie is also already treated as if he is HRH so it's not like much will change if/when he becomes HRH.

Almost one month later and I still have not reconciled my self to that name...I just dislike it so intensely. I cannot imagine it as anything other than a casual nickname.
:sad:

I really disliked it at first but I've warmed to it and much faster than I thought I would. I'm now of the opinion that it's a cute name for a child and as more time passes, I'm sure I won't be able to imagine him with any other name.

:previous: I think it's cute as a nickname, or for the family pet.

But as the formal Christian name for the grandson of the future king and the eldest son of a Royal duke?

Just awful imo.

:previous: I think it's cute as a nickname or for the family pet.

But as the formal Christian name for the grandson of the future king and the eldest son of a Royal duke?

Just awful imo.

To me, it appears that Archie's parents are making a very deliberate attempt to use a non-traditional name for him, perhaps as an indication of the modern and non-royal way they intend to bring him up.

The name "Archie" has grown on me somewhat but it proves I'm an American and an older person when subsequently to hearing "Archie", I think "Meathead". Carroll O'Connor and his portrayal of "Archie Bunker" remains a favorite of mine to this day. :lol:

I'm sure that Archie Harrison is going to make his name his own and as time passes, we won't be able to think of him as anyone else but Archie Harrison.

The dislike of the name kinda of reminds me of how "Harry" wasn't exactly a popular choice for a prince. I know it's not quite the same, as Harry is a nickname but I think it's safe to say that most people don't even see it as a nickname now. In fact, so many people are surprised when they learn Harry's actual name is Henry. I've even seen some try to correct those who call him Henry. :lol:

Last edited:
I was looking up who Adam Bidwell was and saw the program for the Inskip wedding. Apparently, a great-grandson of Winston Churchill is also named Archie (he was one of the ushers like Harry was). So I guess it’s not so unbecoming in UK.

:previous: Yes but at least there was the option.

Perhaps a child named Archibald would choose to go as Archie even as an adult. Perhaps not. Perhaps in business and professional life he would think it not formal enough. But there would be the choice.

Harry could have grown up and decided he was tired of his childhood name and chosen to be referred to as Henry instead. He had that choice. Archie wont.

I never liked the name Estelle in Sweden, thought it too old fashioned. Much like Archibald seems to be. But at least both you could have younger nicknames for childhood.

:previous: Yes but at least there was the option.

Perhaps a child named Archibald would choose to go as Archie even as an adult. Perhaps not. Perhaps in business and professional life he would think it not formal enough. But there would be the choice.

Harry could have grown up and decided he was tired of his childhood name and chosen to be referred to as Henry instead. He had that choice. Archie wont.

I never liked the name Estelle in Sweden, thought it too old fashioned. Much like Archibald seems to be. But at least both you could have younger nicknames for childhood.

I'm sorry but thank goodness they didn't name him Archibald. :lol:

What would happen if Harry didn't like the name Henry either? Fact is, it's the parents' decision. They shouldn't name their child something they didn't like out of fear that said child will grow up wanting a more traditional name. Heck, "Archie" is already a common first name and will be even more so by the time Archie is an adult.

I'm sorry but thank goodness they didn't name him Archibald. :lol:

What would happen if Harry didn't like the name Henry either? Fact is, it's the parents' decision. They shouldn't name their child something they didn't like out of fear that said child will grow up wanting a more traditional name. Heck, "Archie" is already a common first name and will be even more so by the time Archie is an adult.

There are a lot of 'common names' out there now. In ten years every 3rd adult will be a Kaden/Braden/Hayden/Jayden/Trayden (I am sure I missed a few variations). How about Prince Jaden of Cambridge next?

Its not about fear. Its about a name that actually grows with a child. If Harry didn't like Henry he could stick with Harry just like he did. Or Hal, or any other nickname for Henry there is.

There are a lot of 'common names' out there now. In ten years every 3rd adult will be a Kaden/Braden/Hayden/Jayden/Trayden (I am sure I missed a few variations). How about Prince Jaden of Cambridge next?

Its not about fear. Its about a name that actually grows with a child. If Harry didn't like Henry he could stick with Harry just like he did. Or Hal, or any other nickname for Henry there is.

At his birth Harry's name was announced as Henry but at the same time we were told he would be known as Harry. He has always been Harry.

Once Harry is the Kings son, his son will automatically become a Prince.. unless it is announced that it will be otherwise...

At his birth Harry's name was announced as Henry but at the same time we were told he would be known as Harry. He has always been Harry.
True but he was baptised and officialy named Henry.. so if he had grown to dislike the name Harry he could revert to his official first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom