Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And once again, a pretty normal and bog-standard thing was blown out of proportion. It was a sure thing that we'll see the birth certificate and we did. I don't understand the need of causing a circus around simple stuff.

So why did they keep it a secret? THey knew that the birth cert would be a public document, and that the place of birth would be on it. WHy not say that Meghan gave birth at the Portland...

Totally agree. A drama was created for nothing.

Once again, it's the media (particularly the tabloids) who are creating the overdone fuss surrounding the birth certificate and all manner of personal information about the Sussexes' iives. The Sussexes are not creating any of this unnecessary drama themselves, but they are often placed in the position of responding to it, in expert fashion (by preserving their privacy)!

How the Sussexes managed to get to Portland Hospital and back without any leaks is just one example of the expert way in which they are preserving their privacy! Another is how no one knows where they went for their honeymoon. Another is how they conducted their courtship so under-the-radar. No one even had an inkling that M&H had joined up in Botswana in August 2016, until they mentioned during their engagement interview that they'd camped for five days under the stars in Botswana for their third date.

In other related news, Royal Rota's recent guest co-host is the PA journalist, Alan Jones, who interviewed Harry when he made the birth announcement, and then Harry & Meghan two days later when Archie was carried in for the photo-call at St. George's Hall, Windsor Castle:

Last edited:
still, he does not seem to be spending that much time at home with wife and baby.. and Imsure his fans would not mind him taking a few weeks off..

How do you know Harry is he not spending time with his wife and child? I am a bit lost with this. So because he doing one off appearances he is now neglecting his family? We have seen him like 4 times in the course of 2 weeks.

Was William also not supporting Kate because he made appearances days after Louis was born? These people are insanely privileged. Their "work" is already seen as a joke to many because they can show up somewhere for an hour, shake hands, pull a rope, and than leave and that is their official work day.

I know people have issues with these royals but this is just ridiculous.

Why wasn't Harry listed as "His Royal Highness Prince Henry Charles Albert David Duke of Sussex" ?

Meghan was listed just as Catherine was on Prince George's birth certificate, but Harry's citation was different from William's.

From what I read the registrar just copied how Harry signed the form. So I'd say if that's true then that's why.

I will take a guess that Harry never cared much for being called a prince in the first place. Plus, as a royal, he always only signed his name as 'Harry,' or at times 'Harry Wales' when he was in the military. The other part of this is, while Harry is officially still a prince, his current title is Duke of Sussex. And in any case, 'Prince of the U.K.' is listed under Harry's occupation.

Last edited:
Sometimes royals like Harry have things scheduled in their appointment books up to a year before the event actually happens. Like the launch of the countdown for the 2020 Invictus Games in the Hague. Although the royals are privileged, a lot of people are disappointed when they have to bow out of an engagement and there's no real "calling in sick to work". Harry chose to honor some of these engagements because they're either very near and dear to his own heart or because they're close to home and would only be gone for a short time. I don't see it as being any different than a new father being sent to the store for things needed. Archie is still in the stage where he mostly just eats, sleeps and dirties his diapers.

As far as not announcing exactly where Archie was born was a decision made by the couple themselves. They knew it would be public knowledge soon enough and they decided to give the media the Helen Hunt treatment. If they really wanted to know where the child was born, they had to go to Helen Hunt for it. :D

I will take a guess that Harry never cared much for being called a prince in the first place. Plus, he always only signed his name as 'Harry,' or at times 'Harry Wales' when he was in the military. The other part of this is, while Harry is officially still a prince, his current title is Duke of Sussex.

Nothing to do with whether or not he cares, it’s his official title and if The Duke thing was correct William wouldn’t have gone down as Prince William on his children’s certificates.

All royals only sign their first name.

Last edited:
William's name was recorded as a Prince on the children's birth certificates:

His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis Duke of Cambridge

Fathers in the UK can take 2 weeks leave.
That's great! That's not the case in many other countries but good to hear that other British dads can spend two weeks with their newborn before returning to work (which of course attending a wedding isn't - but his Invictus Games trip was).

Nothing to do with whether or not he cares, it’s his official title and The Duke thing was correct William wouldn’t have gone down as Prince William on his children’s certificates.

All royals only sign their first name.

Sure, I realize what's 'official,' as you can see from how I phrased my comments. And about signing only his first name as a royal. I know that too. That was my point. ;) In any case, it doesn't matter how Harry preferred to document his official title on the birth certificate. He entered his official title as he wished, and his occupation is listed as 'Prince of the U.K.'

As we know, Harry himself has spoken in interviews about how he struggled in his youth and in his early adulthood with being called a prince. I think that gives us some insight into Harry's possible thinking surrounding his & Meghan's apparent preference to not saddle their son with any official titles, at least for now.

Regarding the conversation about Harry getting out and about on pre-scheduled events, including today's family wedding, I think it's quite cool that we are getting glimpses of Harry. He looks exceedingly happy and fulfilled. It's probably thrilling for him to share his fatherhood joy with family, friends, royal fans, and the youngsters he visited recently at a hospital.

I'm sure it gives Harry a great feeling when he arrives back to Frogmore Cottage, after brief outings, to be back with his family. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :flowers:

Last edited:
Then again, sometimes a new father that is constantly hovering around can get on a new mother's nerves sometimes. With Harry gone on a few engagements, it is giving Meghan and Doria their time together with Archie. Harry will be around for Archie's entire life whereas sooner or later, Doria will return to LA and not be able to see Archie on a continual basis. Some things a gal just has to talk with her mother about and this time together is precious for them.

A new daddy trick I've witnessed is when the child is sleeping and the new dad sneakily enacts a ploy of making as much noise as he can such as closing the door too loudly or dropping things that make noise so the wee one wakes up and daddy can hold him again. Very clever but obvious. :D

Then again, sometimes a new father that is constantly hovering around can get on a new mother's nerves sometimes. With Harry gone on a few engagements, it is giving Meghan and Doria their time together with Archie. Harry will be around for Archie's entire life whereas sooner or later, Doria will return to LA and not be able to see Archie on a continual basis. Some things a gal just has to talk with her mother about and this time together is precious for them...

That was exactly the points I was also inferring in my earlier comments. ? Harry knows Doria is with Meghan now, and so when he has to leave, it's surely comforting knowing Doria is there. And as you say, without Dad 'hovering,' mother, daughter and newborn son have a chance to spend a lot of quality time together during these precious moments of Archie's first days of life. I'm not sure how long Doria will be staying at Frogmore. Maybe she's planning to hang out until the christening takes place?

Speaking of the christening, there will likely be additional howling by the media should the Sussexes go low-key and have the christening take place quietly and privately at the chapel inside Windsor Castle (more low-key is probably the norm for a baby who is only 7th in line to throne). However, since Harry was christened at St. George's Chapel, I suspect Archie might be christened there as well. If so, it will be more difficult to keep the occasion private.

still, he does not seem to be spending that much time at home with wife and baby.. and Imsure his fans would not mind him taking a few weeks off..

How do you know this, and based on what? Because he attended a wedding almost next door to his home? Or because he spend a few hours going on engagements? This is just getting ridiculous.

Then again, sometimes a new father that is constantly hovering around can get on a new mother's nerves sometimes. With Harry gone on a few engagements, it is giving Meghan and Doria their time together with Archie. Harry will be around for Archie's entire life whereas sooner or later, Doria will return to LA and not be able to see Archie on a continual basis. Some things a gal just has to talk with her mother about and this time together is precious for them....

Bingo! We have a winner!

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up with a number of off-topic and bickering posts being deleted. This thread is not a platform for people to point-score or to disrupt the thread for their own agenda. Nor is it the correct thread to discuss the popularity of members of the Royal Forum, the costs of the Monarchy or a quarrel about so-called "fans and haters".

Please be mindful of the topic of the thread before introducing unrelated comments as there may be an alternative thread in existence to better serve the subject you wish to discuss.

Posts made with a clear desire to disrupt the thread, take the thread off-topic or otherwise promote an agenda unsuitable to spirit of The Royal Forums will also be deleted.

I will take a guess that Harry never cared much for being called a prince in the first place. Plus, as a royal, he always only signed his name as 'Harry,' or at times 'Harry Wales' when he was in the military. The other part of this is, while Harry is officially still a prince, his current title is Duke of Sussex. And in any case, 'Prince of the U.K.' is listed under Harry's occupation.

My point was that, on Prince George's birth certificate, the father is listed as: "His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis Duke of Cambridge" whereas the titular dignity of "Prince" was omitted in Harry's case.

https://people.com/royals/royal-babies-birth-certificates/

I don't see any reason why Harry's name would be recorded differently from William's, so I assume it was probably a mistake by the registrar. Keep in mind that, while "Duke of Sussex" is Harry's main title in the peerage of the UK, he bears from birth the titular dignity of Prince, which should be prefixed to his given name and preceded by the style of Royal Highness in official documents according to the instructions in George V's Letters patent of 1917.

Now Know Ye that We of our especial grace certain knowledge and mere motion do hereby declare our Royal Will and Pleasure that the children of any Sovereign of these Realms and the children of the sons of any such Sovereign and the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales shall have and at all times hold and enjoy the style title or attribute of Royal Highness with their titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their respective Christian names or with their other titles of honour.

Last edited:
^^^^^ I totally agree.it seemed to me that most reputable media outlets and even social media understood what the Sussexes were trying to achieve and, when they actually pulled it off, were actually quite happy for them.

For all this is a joyous occasion, they managed to pull off a hospital birth with no disruption to the hospital itself nor disruption caused by fans blocking the entrances, the exits and obstructing the footpaths. I'd call that a win all around.

Last edited:
I wonder why they didn't tell us the doctors. No doctor in the history of royal births has been 'harrassed' so I don't understand the need for secrecy.

I wonder why they didn't tell us the doctors. No doctor in the history of royal births has been 'harrassed' so I don't understand the need for secrecy.
The person thought to be Meghan's doula was. Doesn't matter if previous doctors were or not. And really, why does anyone need to know?

Why would we need to know? I can’t really remember it, but were we told when Fergie gave birth? Or Anne, or Sophie? I can imagine it might be important to know she Kate gave birth to George since he will be king one day, but a lot of people would have to die for Archie to be king. So it’s not really relevant to me at least.

Yes we knew about Anne, Diana, Sarah and Catherine's doctors

That doesn’t really answer the question though. Is there a need to know?

Perhaps Meghan chose a doctor who preferred not to have his/her name plastered all over the media incl. photo’s, cv, etc. And if that is the case this doctor has a right to privacy. The public’s desire to know irrelevant information is not more important than someone’s right to privacy. If that is what they prefer. And for something as intimate as a birth Meghan has the right to chose her doctor even if it means his or her name is not published.

There was the sad death of one of Prince George's midwives/nurses (can't remember what her role was in the little prince's birth) back in 2013 after a prank call was made to the hospital IIRC. Whilst there is the case of historical records I don't think there's a necessity to release the names of the doctors who were present at the birth. "At least" we have the location (from the media's point of view).

There was the sad death of one of Prince George's midwives/nurses (can't remember what her role was in the little prince's birth) back in 2013 after a prank call was made to the hospital IIRC. Whilst there is the case of historical records I don't think there's a necessity to release the names of the doctors who were present at the birth. "At least" we have the location (from the media's point of view).

She wasn't connected to the birth at all. She just happened to answer the phone that day

The birth team for all three births was released. In fact in 2016 Catherine had a BP garden party to thank everyone. Over 20 people attended

She wasn't connected to the birth at all. She just happened to answer the phone that.

The birth team for all three births was released. In fact in 2016 Catherine had a BP garden party to than everyone. Over 20 people attended

OK, it seems that I stand corrected - I had always thought she was involved in the medical team but I was wrong!

She wasn't connected to the birth at all. She just happened to answer the phone that day

She wasn't at the hospital that day either. She died seven months prior.

The prank call happened in December. They announced the pregnancy so early because Kate had been admitted to the hospital due to HG. The radio called the hospital pretending to be the queen enquiring how Kate was doing. The nurse answered the phone and later took her own life.

There has been no royal pregnancy until now that has been as insane as this one has been. The doula was being followed, or who they thought would be the doula. There were people on social media wanting to try and grab Meghan to prove she was not pregnant.

I wouldn't blame doctors not wanting their name out there. Conspiracy theorists who think she wasn't pregnant, or she gave birth much earlier, would be all over them.

There is no need to know who the doctor was anyways.

Well, the doctor who helped deliver Meghan was sought out and harassed, and a bogus article was written about his non comments. The doula, that tabloids decided was going to help Meghan, was harassed. Meghan's good friend Daniel just revealed, that he'd been sent threats. So based on thus all, there's a good possibility the doctors helping Meghan would've been harassed too.

We don't need to know the names of the doctors, either, it's completely irrelevant information..

Historically, I am going back in time with this one, certain people had to be present at the birth of an heir to the throne, to ensure no replacements brought in by the back door. This changed to the home secretary in the adjoining room ( or somewhere in the building ). The doctors details were part of the transparency of the birth, it has now became part of tradition to announce the doctors names. By the way the politicians are no longer part of the deal. I do not see any public requirement for the doctors names to be provided. Not sure what harm it would have done, as I do not recall any stories re the doctors who delivered the other royal babies. It became a challenge for the media to try and find out. The place of birth was always going to become public knowledge at some point. Non story...

She wasn't involved in the birth at all. She was a nurse on duty when Catherine was admitted to hospital early in the pregnancy with the severe morning sickness. She put through the prank phone call from the Aussie DJs and consequently committted suicide (which is all the inquest has ruled with no blame attributed to any individual or organisation). That was in the December before George was born.

Well, the doctor who helped deliver Meghan was sought out and harassed, and a bogus article was written about his non comments. The doula, that tabloids decided was going to help Meghan, was harassed. Meghan's good friend Daniel just revealed, that he'd been sent threats. So based on thus all, there's a good possibility the doctors helping Meghan would've been harassed too.

We don't need to know the names of the doctors, either, it's completely irrelevant information..

Agreed, IT's unfortunate but I think a lot of the actions Harry and Meghan took with baby Archie had to do with security. It was reported that Harry got death threats after a certain article was written about Meghan and the cookbook. Who knows how many threats there are that we don't know about. The tabloids are looking for any information they can find on Meghan, so I can see how they would try to protect the delivery team and baby Archie as well.

Agreed, IT's unfortunate but I think a lot of the actions Harry and Meghan took with baby Archie had to do with security. It was reported that Harry got death threats after a certain article was written about Meghan and the cookbook. Who knows how many threats there are that we don't know about. The tabloids are looking for any information they can find on Meghan, so I can see how they would try to protect the delivery team and baby Archie as well.

That is a very fair and valid point, which I had not considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom