Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise, but this child is in the [royal] scheme of things unimportant.. won't play any major part in British Public life at all, or [even if he does] not for decades.. so I/we don't have to like it.. as the *fans* keep saying its solely the parents that matter...

Exactly...but when Princess Anne chose an untraditional name for her daughter Zara, who (unlike Master Archie) has no expectation whatsoever of becoming a HRH, she combined it with two very traditional names: Zara Anne Elizabeth.

That I can handle. ?

Another thing I just thought of. It's surprising this kid is so chill. We KNOW he was a kicker in the womb. Although, as someone said, that was only day 3. :lol:

Another thing I just thought of. It's surprising this kid is so chill. We KNOW he was a kicker in the womb. Although, as someone said, that was only day 3. :lol:

Well, he's already shown his stubborn streak by timing his arrival when it suited him & not when he was expected.

Princess Anne chose an untraditional name for her daughter Zara

But Princess Anne has never 'played to the gallery' nor [ever] sought to 'rock the boat', unlike [imho] the Sussexes..

Well, he's already shown his stubborn streak by timing his arrival when it suited him & not when he was expected.

You are talking about leaving a warm waterbed for this crazy world. What would you rather? :lol:

But Princess Anne has never 'played to the gallery' nor [ever] sought to 'rock the boat', unlike [imho] the Sussexes..

Is it played to the gallery rocking the boat, or is it simply doing what is comfortable for them? Why is that wrong when it comes to their child, who is unimportant according to many. It's only controversial because people made it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
when it suited him

The time of arrival isn't an elective decision [by any baby] rather a hormonal one made by the metabolism of the Mother !

My attitude toward names really makes no sense. If they gave the poor thing an awful name like Egbert, I'd be OK because it's a royal name, but if they give it a perfectly decent name like Jason or Tyler, I'd flip out because they aren't traditionally royal names. Go figure. :eek:

Someone mentioned earlier that Meghan had a cat named Archie. I never knew she had a cat. Perhaps it was when she was growing up in L.A.

:

I find the idea of naming your child after your pet to be really weird.:eek:

It is interesting all the stories people are putting out about why they think Harry & Meghan chose the names Archie Harrison. Some of them are really reaching IMO.

They may be unusual names in the BRF but they don't seem to be unusual in Britain given their popularity rankings.

Last edited:
My attitude toward names really makes no sense. If they gave the poor thing an awful name like Egbert, I'd be OK because it's a royal name, but if they give it a perfectly decent name like Jason or Tyler, I'd flip out because they aren't traditionally royal names. Go figure. :eek:

You should've just went for Eggbert.:lol:

I find the idea of naming your child after a pet to be really weird.:eek:

It is interesting all the stories people are putting out about why they think Harry & Meghan chose the names Archie Harrison. Some of them are really reaching IMO.

They may be unusual names in the BRF but they don't seem to be unusual in Britain given their popularity rankings.

I mean, couldn't they have just named him that because they just like the names? :lol:

I am headed to Disney World tomorrow and Disney Springs has cupcake in honor of Archie. I am planning to get one.

Mike Tindall sais Harry sent a message via WhatsApp to let all the cousins know the baby was born.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/...ring-harry-finally-dad-via-whatsapp-fighting/

Also Thomas Markle's 1st ex wife make the cover of the papers. I guess she is interviewed talking about her life with him and how he was an awful husband and father those early years. She was in the papers a few days ago saying how he doesn't know his his other grandkids so he should leave Meghan's son alone.

I guess we will be in for a new round of Markle nonsense because no doubt the Trio will respond. They always do.

Just a reminder: we do not entertain conspiracy theories here at The Royal Forums.
As such, posts theorising on Archie's birth date have been removed and will continue to be removed if they are posted again.

I think the first 2 to 4 weeks they are pretty calm...it's after that you start to get into the lack of sleep issues many parents experience.

LaRae

Exactly...but when Princess Anne chose an untraditional name for her daughter Zara, who (unlike Master Archie) has no expectation whatsoever of becoming a HRH, she combined it with two very traditional names: Zara Anne Elizabeth.

That I can handle. ?

There was a recent article already posted here or in the Gender/Name thread pointing out how Zara was a 'sunrise' baby like Archie, and that Prince Charles (her uncle) suggested the name to Princess Anne because one of the meanings of 'Zara' is (in Greek culture): 'bright as the dawn.' The name also means 'sparkling bright,' 'splendor,' 'blossoming flower,' (Arabic); 'light' (French); 'princess' (Hebrew).

It doesn't matter that Meghan & Harry chose names for their son that many observers feel are 'nontraditional.' The Sussexes have a great deal of freedom to make their own choices regarding the names and lives of their offspring.

:previous:You may be right. Megan is a very lucky lady in so many respects, most recently having this baby at an advanced age for a first time mother with none of the many risks occurring. But all of that luck is more than wiped out with the horrifying paternal family of hers. I am glad she is so supported in the brf

No one's life is completely perfect. Everyone has burdens to bear and challenges to face. I think Meghan has gratefully embraced a lot of wonderful blessings, as well as having managed difficult times with amazing grace and a positive attitude.

This is a revealing motto once posted on Meghan's former Instagram: FIND YOUR TRIBE, LOVE THEM HARD ?

There are surnames that derive from a female name.. such as Ellison, from Elizabeth, or Margetson from Margaret.. or Ibbitson from Isabel. However I would have thougth that they would honour Diana by using her second name.. and adding Francis into the names and honour Meghan by using an American name that wasn't "Harrys's son"...
I guess there was so much talk about "Baby Sussex" being Meghan's child that they wanted to set people straight with "Harrison". It is Harry's son as well as Meghan's!

Apparently not, there must be some deep, hidden meaning.?
Generally royal names have a function of honouring other royals, such as parents, important ancestors etc. they seem to have just picked 2 names randomly and IMO not very attractive names at that. Meg could have picked a name from her family or some American style name.. such as a bible name.. to honour her side of the family.. and they could have picked a name from Diana's family to honour HER... but they didn't. They didn't pick one of the RF's male names such as Philip or Charles to honour that side. Williams children have had names that honour the Windsors.. and are also used in the Spencer family such as Louis.. and Charlotte...

This is not officially confirmed, however, there's a DM report claiming a palace rep said:

"... a senior source told the Evening Standard that it’s been agreed with Harry and Meghan that Archie will automatically become a prince.

‘The Sussexes have chosen not to give their children courtesy titles at this time -- on the change of reign the George V convention would apply,’ the source said."

Several reporters, including Chris Ship, have indicated this as well, whether or not they are assuming, or whether they heard it from the same palace source. Still, it's not set in stone if M&H once again decide to refuse HRH titles for their children at the time of Charles' ascension. The indication of some kind of current 'agreement' with the Sussexes is interesting, but is it accurate? Archie would likely be about 10 or so years old by that point.

There are still questions that can't be answered definitively right now without full confirmation, which is unlikely to be forthcoming.

Last edited:
This is not officially confirmed, however, there's a DM report claiming a palace rep said:

"... a senior source told the Evening Standard that it’s been agreed with Harry and Meghan that Archie will automatically become a prince.

‘The Sussexes have chosen not to give their children courtesy titles at this time -- on the change of reign the George V convention would apply,’ the source said."

Several reporters, including Chris Ship, have indicated this as well, whether or not they are assuming, or whether they heard it from the same palace source. Still, it's not set in stone if M&H once again decide to refuse HRH titles for their children at the time of Charles' ascension. The indication of some kind of current 'agreement' with the Sussexes is interesting, but is it accurate? Archie would likely be about 10 or so years old by that point.

There are still questions that can't be answered definitively right now without full confirmation, which is unlikely to be forthcoming.

Its possible that they want to wait and perhaps when C is king, they will decide wheter they want Archie to be HRH or not.. or whether they will go the Edward route and he' will just use the secondary title as a courtesy or possibly remain Master Archie.

Generally royal names have a function of honouring other royals, such as parents, important ancestors etc. they seem to have just picked 2 names randomly and IMO not very attractive names at that. Meg could have picked a name from her family or some American style name.. such as a bible name.. to honour her side of the family.. and they could have picked a name from Diana's family to honour HER... but they didn't. They didn't pick one of the RF's male names such as Philip or Charles to honour that side. Williams children have had names that honour the Windsors.. and are also used in the Spencer family such as Louis.. and Charlotte...

The names were chosen by Harry and Meghan for their baby. I love the names that the Sussexes chose. Even the meanings of the names flow together so well, Archie Harrison ‘strong & bold, son of Harry; strong, bold ruler’. Harry/Henry is a traditional RF name, Harrison is another way to honour that name.

Prince Philip is probably happy that his latest great grandchild is using his surname too.

The names were chosen by Harry and Meghan for their baby. I love the names that the Sussexes chose. Even the meanings of the names flow together so well, Archie Harrison ‘strong & bold, son of Harry; strong, bold ruler’. Harry/Henry is a traditional RF name, Harrison is another way to honour that name.

Prince Philip is probably happy that his latest great grandchild is using his surname too.

Why not just call him Henry or Harry as a second name?

Personally I would find it really odd for them to go from no title (inc a courtesy title he is already technically got) to becoming a HRH Prince once Charles becomes King, but that is just IMO.

Personally I would find it really odd for them to go from no title (inc a courtesy title he is already technically got) to becoming a HRH Prince once Charles becomes King, but that is just IMO.
But unless they/Charles explicitly take action when C is King that is exactly what WILL happen. Once Chas is king, Archie as his grandson in the male line will have the HRH. They MAY tell Ch that they don't want him to be HRH and it will be announced in LP that he's not - that he will perhaps remain known as Master Archie.. we don't know.. but unless there is an action taken.. he will automatically go to HRH Prince

You and we all here knows it. But what about the neighbors in the US????

If they are interested in royalty Im sure they will know it...

That is the point, he does not have a "courtesy" title. Harry, his brother William and his father Charles all use their Scottish title when in Scotland. Master Archie is what he will be known as just as Charles was known as Master Charles in his formative years which I find very interesting as I don't think William and Harry were.

Now to that amazing photo. The photographer took several on the way to St Georges Hall. But that one sticks out like Rudolph's nose is the family baby love fest. Either the Queen and DoE came to take care of Doria while the official photos were taken or, the olds ambushed them. The result? An unscripted magical moment.

Shots like that are hard to script and organise. What gave me goosebumps was Granny and grandpa with no official filter. They were as besotted as everyone else. How fortunate that Philip was up from Sandringham for an Official event and either came early or stayed late and we got something special.

Its possible that they want to wait and perhaps when C is king, they will decide wheter they want Archie to be HRH or not.. or whether they will go the Edward route and he' will just use the secondary title as a courtesy or possibly remain Master Archie.

No I've never heard of Charles being known as Master Charles. I don't remember his birth, but AFAICR he was always known as Prince Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom