Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he will ever be Duke of Sussex either. He won't be royal, I think the LPS would have to be there to cover the fact that in a tragic accident that wiped out his cousins he could be next on the list and be upgraded. I like the fact he isn't titled, I think it's in keeping with a modern Britain. And makes a mockery of all those insane aristocratic titles still hanging around. Time they went or people stopped using themy except for work.

Of couse he will be Duke of Sussex if he outlives his father... unlss the monarchy comes to an end and theres a republican govt which bans the use of titles.

They're just using the 1917 LP as the basis. As it stands today he will become an HRH but I'm willing to wager anything that we'll never see a prince Archie

Only if the parents don't want it. I don't see Charles intervening on his own, as some have suggested. And if the parents didn't want it, I would think they would make this known now, as HRH would automatically apply. They seem to be keeping their options open at least.

I don't think it was funny and using monkeys in relationship to black people is a sore spot for us. BUT I am sick of people having their lives ruined even after they apologize.

How is his life ruined? He lost a job. That happens everyday and to those less privileged than this man.

What did Baker even think? Surely he knew that it was quiet offensive tweet. Fortunately BBC understand fire him. That was so idiotic and offensive tweet that it can't be joke with any way.

There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of thing in *any* context. The man has drain bramage. He opened his mouth, inserted his foot, choked on it and job funeral ensued afterwards and nobody cared to attend.

Stupid is as stupid does. There's no cure.

The future Lord Femroy (he's currently 11) is named Archie. Relative of Harry's...and there's at least one more current relative named Archie.

LaRae

I know it is a typo but it is Fermoy, not Femroy.:flowers:

Interesting that Harry's second cousin is Archie.

Last edited:
Uh, the Sussexes posted it on IG first I believe. Granted, I don't think they would've posted it without the Queen's permission, but I don't know if I'd say this is the Queen or her team's idea.:ermm:
The Sussex may have been the first to post it, but as you say, that image would only have been used with the consent of the Queen or her team. And that consent was, IMO, only provided as the Queen and her team could see the powerful message that was being sent.

The Sussex may have been the first to post it, but as you say, that image would only have been used with the consent of the Queen or her team. And that consent was, IMO, only provided as the Queen and her team could see the powerful message that was being sent.

So I fail to see why you command them for the powerful message while saying the Sussexes should learn from it. When it very well could be the Sussexes' idea to use it in the first place as the Sussexes seem to take the lead in everything related to this birth and presentation.

So I fail to see why you command them for the powerful message while saying the Sussexes should learn from it. When it very well could be the Sussexes' idea to use it in the first place as the Sussexes seem to take the lead in everything related to this birth and presentation.
My comment is not directed at Harry or Megan at all but at their team who appear to have been pretty incompetent in their communications so far. They mishandled the communications in April around arrangements around the birth, and then again put out a misleading, though not being incorrect) announcement about Megan being in labour earlier that day.

My comment is not directed at Harry or Megan at all but at their team who appear to have been pretty incompetent in their communications so far. They mishandled the communications in April around arrangements around the birth, and then again put out a misleading, though not being incorrect) announcement about Megan being in labour earlier that day.

It's the situation we are discussing. The birth seems to be handled pretty well given that people still don't know things the parents don't want to make public. They hardly mishandled the situation as the freak out was mostly from members of the media, who had the full notes and understand what will be shared in detail. Even the members of the media have said the labor announcement was to give them time to get to Windsor. On the record. So it seems like, with the except of the email glitch from IT, hardly incompetent. And as long as Sara Latham has been there, I've seen clear and strong messages from their team. Especially some other fiasco that has gone down in recent weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder of the Mod note posted a few days ago - let's not go round in circles yet again with back and forth bickering concerning the announcements made in connection to Archie's birth - it is repetitive and no longer suited to the topic of this thread:

It's time to move on now concerning the timing of the labour/birth announcement - it's happened, the baby had been born and most people have now had their say on the matter and we wish to avoid going round in circles. Thank you.

I love the name Archie Harrison. Archie is cute for a child and he can use the more formal Harrison as an adult business man. Meaghan uses her middle name.

Princess Anne accepted the additional titel of princess royal which many poster did not know. She did not reject titles for herself, just her children.

I am not sure what many posters don't know? She never rejected titles for her children. Anne and Mark rejected a title for Mark and as a consequence their children aren't titled.

Unlike with a ducal title, there are special styles or titles attached for the children of the Princess Royal.

As far as Harry’s children, he is a royal duke and his children will be styled lords and ladies. Also, do not kill the goose that laid the golden egg, no matter if your mother was Diana, whom I adored
Harry literally announced that his child will be styled as a plain master Mountbatten-Windsor and not as lord/earl (of) Dumbarton.

So, when I saw this earlier, I didn't realize it was officially released by Disney to celebrate Archie's birth.

Omid Scobie

Verified account

@scobie
Following Following @scobie
More
To celebrate the birth of Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, @Disney have created a special Winnie-the-Pooh animation as a gift for Harry and Meghan. The short was hand-painted in watercolour by Disney’s senior principal artist Kim Raymond. Really special?

I saw that. It was offensive. The "apology" that followed was even MORE offensive if it's possible. I'm glad BBC took swift action. I couldn't see that picture was racist because my brain is not diseased? Seriously?

Couldn't agree more. If that was even an apology then he's very bad at them. I'm glad the BBC fired him - people in his position should know that even if they think such things, it's not acceptable to publicly post them. (I mean, it's not okay for anyone to tweet something so offensive, but especially people in Mr. Baker's position.) Racism such as this and racist "jokes" are still very common here in the UK sadly and things like this don't help at all. I was born in the '90s and whilst I'm white I vividly remember the awful racial slurs that were directed at mixed race and black children in my classes which were very poorly dealt with by the teachers (and I live in a very multicultural town in London).

Despite the double barrelled surname I imagine he will get called Archie Windsor as time goes by just as Lady Louise generally gets called only the Windsor part. The full surname is a bit of a mouthful.

Harry was very likely the only one of the Queen’s grandchildren who asked if a photo could be made public. You really think that if Peter Phillips, her eldest, (and long rumoured favourite), grandchild, had asked her to release a picture with him, Anne, and QEII’s first great grandchild, she’d have said no? Ok, maybe a five percent chance she’d have said no due to Peter not being royal but...

Do you honestly think that if William had asked permission to take and make public a photo of The Queen meeting the future King George as the future Kings Charles and William looked on she’d have REFUSED?

Harry was very likely the only one of the Queen’s grandchildren who asked if a photo could be made public. You really think that if Peter Phillips, her eldest, (and long rumoured favourite), grandchild, had asked her to release a picture with him, Anne, and QEII’s first great grandchild, she’d have said no? Ok, maybe a five percent chance she’d have said no due to Peter not being royal but...

Do you honestly think that if William had asked permission to take and make public a photo of The Queen meeting the future King George as the future Kings Charles and William looked on she’d have REFUSED?

The real intriguing question is why Harry and/or Meghan felt they needed to release a picture of their son meeting the Queen when William, a probable future King, saw no need to do any of that for his firstborn son who most likely will be King too.

Harry and Meghan, said, "not at this time," via the palace which means the option is still on the table. The Queen wanted to do it but Archie's parents said no. The Queen did not refuse the little guy which is what I was saying... she wasn't going to.

I wish he had gotten it now, being the first biracial royal baby in the family. He is so adorable!!

Last edited:
The real intriguing question is why Harry and/or Meghan felt they needed to release a picture of their son meeting the Queen when William, a probable future King, saw no need to do any of that for his firstborn son who most likely will be King too.

We can't ever know the answer to that, but it was a picture that included Megan's mother. If I were Harry and Megan, I would want a picture that included both sides of the family. It is a lovely picture...and the symbolism is profound.

They felt they *needed* to release the picture? How do you know that?

We can't ever know the answer to that, but it was a picture that included Megan's mother. If I were Harry and Megan, I would want a picture that included both sides of the family. It is a lovely picture...and the symbolism is profound.

I think the symbolism is the reason for the photo. The Queen and the DOE are showing support and inclusivity for the Sussex family and Meghan's mother.

They felt they *needed* to release the picture? How do you know that?

If they didn’t want to release it, it wouldn’t have been released. They could have had a private ” celebration as a family “ as they previously said they wanted to have before showing the baby to the public. In fact the same kind of private family celebration all other great-grandchildren of the Queen had with great-granny .

You may disagree , but the baby’s introduction in the Great Halll of Windsor Castle followed by the pictures of the Queen’s visit suggest to me a very media-savy Sussex couple . They may say they want privacy, but they sure look like they don’t plan to lay low / keep a low profile as other cadet children of monarchs like Anne or Edward do.

Last edited:
Does Doria have any ancestors with the surname of Harrison?

If they didn’t want to release it, it wouldn’t have been released. They could have had a private ” celebration as a family “ as they previously said they wanted to have before showing the baby to the public. In fact the same kind of private family celebration all other great-grandchildren of the Queen had with great-granny .

You may disagree , but the baby’s introduction in the Great Halll of Windsor Castle followed by the pictures of the Queen’s visit suggest to me a very media-savy Sussex couple . They may say they want privacy, but they sure look like they don’t plan to lay low / keep a low profile as other cadet children of monarchs like Anne or Edward do.

You may be right but my question was how you knew Harry & Meghan felt they *needed* to release the picture which is what you stated in your original post. Now you've changed *need* to *want* which isn't the same. I need something out of necessity but I want something because I wish for it.

Needing to release the picture can imply they believe it's necessary to present themselves as a happy family (negative connotations). Wanting to release it can mean they simply wish to share a happy moment with the public, similar to the photographs of the Queen with her great-grandchildren we have already seen (positive connotations).

It was supposed to be on the steps outside where they took the wedding photos but due to the weather they moved it indoors.

Because they released a photo does not show they don't want privacy...it shows they want to control what is put out there just like the Cambridges do. They are just doing things a different way. No Lindo Wing day of birth but we will do a photocall and release a pic as well.

LaRae

They probably felt it would be nicer than just the three of them on a more "public" pic. The relation to the queen (and Charles, of course) is what makes little Archie so interesting for so many people, so the queen they got.

I totally disagree.
Alvin............seriously?????????

He would get tormented for the rest of his life with chipmunk jokes and people singing to his face "Christmas, Christmas, don't be late" and other such songs.

Alvin and the Chipmunks (I'm sure) is shown in the US.

So.

That would be a bad choice.

He also played a character named Archie Gates in an action movie in 1997 with Nicole Kidman.

Whoa.

Weird.

I never said I liked Alvin and you are right. But I think it is better than Archie, which at best is a nick name, and all I could think of was Archie Bunker or Archie Comics. Put together with Harrison, which makes no sense, as his father's name is Henry, not Harry, he sound like any kid. And if they want him to be any kid, then give up their tiles and move out of that large residence and live somewhere and raise him as any kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom