Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful pic!

And Archie?? That is very old fashion in my head lol

Archie-Harrison.

Lovely picture with Doria, The Queen and Prince Philip on IG

Anyways, it's sweet that Meghan said Baby Sussex has the best temperament.

But I just want to remind her that the first one is God's trick for you to have more. So that might be why. :lol:

Not only that, but how a newborn behaves in the first couple of days is not any kind of guarantee that they are going to stay that quiet and docile. Ask me how I know this. Wishing for a non-colicky, sleep through the night early kind of baby for the happy new parents.

So I'm just going to call it now and say they are going to go the Wessex route with titles and styles.

Archie Harrison won't be styled as Earl of Dumbarton. He'll use the Mountbatten-Windsor surname

Of all the names, you go for Archie. I'm sorry but I hate it lmao. Not my baby though so Archie it is.

I'm not a fan of nicknames given as full names, but if Meghan and Harry are happy with it, that's all that matters.

Archie Harrison won't be styled as Earl of Dumbarton. He'll use the Mountbatten-Windsor surname

The Wessex children uses Mountbatten-Windsor surname as well. He is the Earl of Dumbarton according to customs of the UK peerage.

I hate the name, to be honest. I always felt like they would go for a more modern name, something that wasn't used in the family before and I was right, but Archie feels like a nickname.

I like Archie - sweet name & it was a front runner for one of my grandchildren. I don't know if Harrison has any significance for them other than Harry's Son?

Anyways, it's sweet that Meghan said Baby Sussex has the best temperament.

But I just want to remind her that the first one is God's trick for you to have more. So that might be why. :lol:

Did you catch the comment from Harry about wonder where he gets the calm temperament from? LOL we know it's not Harry!

LaRae

Archie Harrison

Mmmm reminds me of Archie Comics ...
That's ... different. Can't say i like it or not (and if the parents are happy with it who am i to judge).
I just note the huge difference with the way more regal and traditional names from the Cambridges side.
The Sussexes are definively making their own way. A good thing, i guess ...

I'm not a fan of nicknames given as full names, but if Meghan and Harry are happy with it, that's all that matters.

Same, but give how P.Harry practically uses a nickname in his everyday life, it is no surprise they opted for something like that. And sure, always better than Archibald :lol:

Did you catch the comment from Harry about wonder where he gets the calm temperament from? LOL we know it's not Harry!

LaRae
I did! :lol: It's funny because if not for Tom Bradby, we actually wouldn't have known that reference. :lol:

No HRH for Archie, and no title either. Really bold move one which I thought Henry and Meghan would do.
The name is really different, and I like it. Very “normal”.

Wonder if he's called Archie and his full name is Archibald or is it plain Archie?

Totally unique name for a totally unique child. I do have to admit that my first reaction was asking myself the question "now if they have a girl, will they name her Veronica?".

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered at first where they got Harrison from, but BBC say it means "son of Harry". I just find that hilarious.

I am not surprised with no title. It is what I was expecting. It is very them.

Rebecca English confirms he'll have no title

None of them have the title. It's a way they are addressed. I suppose the baby will be Archie Harrison until the time comes for him to inherit Duke of Sussex title.

I wondered at first where they got Harrison from, but BBC say it means "son of Harry". I just find that hilarious.

Perhaps the next one might be called Meghson or Meghdaughter!

Wait, do people actually know where Archie came from? I would've thought that'd be the bigger question. :lol:

Don't like the name but it's their child.

it's a big difference from three-part traditional Cambridge names.

I'm unsurprised by the decision to not use a title, if that is indeed true, since I think the Sussexes have been very consistent in signaling their determination to do things their own way, and in a way that they have deemed best for them and their family. The no-title decision seems to be very much in keeping with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom