Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks lovely and such a cute little nose !!!!

Awww...cute photo.
The Markle nose lives on!!

I need to see a comparison of two pictures - Meghan with her hand on Harry's back after the engagement announcement and Meghan with her hand on Harry's back today when they were leaving the photocall. Great moments, amazing love.

Such a happy moment!

Also, am I the only one more excited about seeing the new parents completely happy with their baby? I'm so sorry, but for me all newborns just look exactly the same...

From the glimpse of his chubby little newborn face I can't tell who he looks like yet. I wish we could see the color of his hair! But I guess we won't see him again until he is christened.

I have to admit I much prefer this type of "Royal baby rollout" to any of the previous ones.

Maybe he hasn't any! (hair, I mean. Some babies are as bald as an egg!) :lol:

I don't think this type of baby intro. would have worked for the Cambridges (maybe for Louis or Charlotte but definitely NOT for George!)

I remember what a frenzy that was- everyone wanted to see the future king IMMEDIATELY- if not sooner. They'd have been slammed by the media if they had waited two days.

Thank you Iceflower for the links.
I think it was very generous of the new proud parents to give us those 3 minutes. Satisfies all our curiosities.
Lovely to see the parents looking so proud.

I need to see a comparison of two pictures - Meghan with her hand on Harry's back after the engagement announcement and Meghan with her hand on Harry's back today when they were leaving the photocall. Great moments, amazing love.

Such a happy moment!

Also, am I the only one more excited about seeing the new parents completely happy with their baby? I'm so sorry, but for me all newborns just look exactly the same...

No, your not:) It was nice seeing the baby, but like you I feel all newborns look the same or almost, so I was more exited about seeing the new parents.

Of course, royal couples should present their baby in the way wish, but I hope we see palace or castles royal baby reveals from now on. The presentation of baby Sussex in St. George’s Hall was absolutely stunning and touching.

Meghan definately has that post pregnancy swollen look to her face/hands and of course her stomach. Looks like she's walking a bit stiff too...can't imagine why!!

They look radiant!

LaRae

Of course, royal couples should present their baby in the way wish, but I hope we see palace or castles baby reveals from now on. The presentation of baby Sussex in St. George’s Hall was absolutely stunning and touching.

Very much agreed! It was such an amazing moment.

I agree it would have been nice if the Cambridges could have done this several days later after the birth of their children. This was lovely for us and not too taxing for the parents. Even though they appeared a little apprehensive.

Of course, royal couples should present their baby in the way wish, but I hope we see palace or castles royal baby reveals from now on. The presentation of baby Sussex in St. George’s Hall was absolutely stunning and touching.

Can’t agree more. It would’ve been beautiful had the weather held up too. The lush green during this time of the year would’ve been great. But yay St. George’s Hall!

Speculation is name will be released later today after the meeting with the Queen.

I hope so. I was surprised to learn yesterday that the Queen and Prince Philip kept Charles’ name private for a whole month! It took Andrew and Fergie two weeks to announce it for Beatrice.

I really like how the photocall worked in the castle. It was nice to see the new family in a quieter environment and answering questions instead of kind of at arm’s length and reacting to the wall of press as much as to their baby.

But after seeing what they did I really can’t understand why they made a point of inviting an American videographer. That guy’s footage won’t be any different from the British footage except for a slight difference in angle. Who shot it honestly makes no difference to the American press as long as it’s shared with everyone.

I was more focused on the parents also. I couldn't help but smile thinking that Harry really has come full circle and has realized in his life everything that he's been looking for. Home, loving wife and beautiful son.

Harry definitely did have that "father's glow" about him and after years of watching Harry interact with children, I can pretty much tell he's going to be very much a "hands on" daddy. Meghan also had a very soft glow about her and I believe her when she said "its magic".

In Denmark the tradition is to first announce the name at the christening, about 3 months after the birth. Now THAT'S a hard wait:D

We're lucky we don't have to wait that long to know Baby Sussex's name.

Yeah, palace or castle royal baby presentations would be much better for the couple, baby and it would stop the media circus outside the hospital. I know everyone has grown used to the outside of the hospital reveal and the Sussex family choosing not to do this has put some noses out of joint, but the way Harry and Meghan has gone about this works perfectly.

Both Meghan and Harry have this beautiful glow and it’s touching to see them beaming from ear-to-ear...their parents.

Last edited:
I hope so. I was surprised to learn yesterday that the Queen and Prince Philip kept Charles’ name private for a whole month! It took Andrew and Fergie two weeks to announce it for Beatrice.

I really like how the photocall worked in the castle. It was nice to see the new family in a quieter environment and answering questions instead of kind of at arm’s length and reacting to the wall of press as much as to their baby.

But after seeing what they did I really can’t understand why they made a point of inviting an American videographer. That guy’s footage won’t be any different from the British footage except for a slight difference in angle. Who shot it honestly makes no difference to the American press as long as it’s shared with everyone.

Oh the press is running with the "the american invasion" angle :bang: but whatever, they can crow.

It tells you a lot about how the media environment has changed. The media made a huge fuss over the Cambs waiting a mere 4-5 days to release Louis' name. The days of being able to take your time and keep info private seem to be over.

Viewing the live pictures of M&H introducing Baby Sussex on Sky News, he looks so sweet. Here are some still pictures:

I spied faintly what looked like reddish hair showing around the edges of the white wool cap. And he also appears to have slightly olive skin like Meghan's, with the sweetest button nose. Harry was very possessively carrying the baby. Meghan looked so happy and maternal, and of course a bit tired. I like how she said: "I have the two best guys in the world." And at the end of the brief photo session, Meghan thanked everyone for their well wishes, as Harry had done during the official announcement of the birth on Monday. ?

We won't see Baby Sussex again until the christening, probably in July at St. George's Chapel.

I notice little baby boy has full pouty lips.

I wonder if thats the african american genes coming through. So cute!.

Awwwww. Harry looks like a natural. Sweet moments. Meghan is always so poised in public that it was touching to see her awestruck. Reminds me of Catherine almost being unable to take her eyes off Louis last year.

I love bebes.

I agree it would have been nice if the Cambridges could have done this several days later after the birth of their children. This was lovely for us and not too taxing for the parents. Even though they appeared a little apprehensive.
I don't think it's the time or place :flowers: In the end, both families did what they thought was right for them and maybe it'd be better not to compare the two.

Maybe he hasn't any! (hair, I mean. Some babies are as bald as an egg!) :lol:..

From experience, I have to say that generally babies with African-American heritage tend to be born with sparse to fairly generous hair on their heads. And the texture of hair usually changes over time, as it tends to happen for all babies.

Harry said the baby had a bit of facial hair. Couldn't see anything dark. Baby Sussex looks fairish more than anything. More like Harry, but I can see a Markle nose I think.

Are you really discussing racial questions here? Shame on you!
It‘s a baby, cute as any other, nothing special but still a miracle.

Was anyone else besides me scouring the little one's face for signs of freckles? It would be so cute if the baby had Harry's ginger hair and Meghan's freckles. :D

... But after seeing what they did I really can’t understand why they made a point of inviting an American videographer. That guy’s footage won’t be any different from the British footage except for a slight difference in angle. Who shot it honestly makes no difference to the American press as long as it’s shared with everyone.

I think it's because Meghan is American, and they have generally always tried to acknowledge that fact. There were American touches during the wedding (although I could have done without Bishop Curry's rambling ?), the gospel choir, albeit they were British with international roots from Africa to the Caribbean most likely. And don't forget that the wedding announcements consisted of American ink on British paper.

There's also rumors that the Sussexes may want their child to attend an American International school in England.

I can't wait till we see pics from the Christening ...will have a better idea of who the baby favors at that time!

LaRae

Are you really discussing racial questions here? Shame on you!
It‘s a baby, cute as any other, nothing special but still a miracle.

Better to adress the Elephant in the Room sooner than later, with, of course, utterly respect.
This little gem is the first bi-racial member of the BRF, we can't deny that. It must be celebrated as it should be, and, i think, openly and respectfully discussed as such.
For me it's a bit early to see any particular trait...

Was anyone else besides me scouring the little one's face for signs of freckles? It would be so cute if the baby had Harry's ginger hair and Meghan's freckles. :D

^^ As the baby grows, he probably will have freckles. He already appears to have olive-toned skin like Meghan's. ? The button nose looks like Meghan's too. I would imagine that the baby's hair will be wavy to curly, as he grows, since curly hair (which Meghan naturally has) is a dominant gene.

It's being reported that a royal source said Meghan gave birth at Portland Hospital. When/if the birth certificate is released, the place of birth should appear.

I think it's because Meghan is American, and they have generally always tried to acknowledge that fact. There were American touches during the wedding (although I could have done without Bishop Curry's rambling ?), the gospel choir, albeit they were British with international roots from Africa to the Caribbean most likely. And don't forget that the wedding announcements consisted of American ink on British paper.

There's also rumors that the Sussexes may want their child to attend an American International school in England.

Right, but if the DM hadn’t gotten all pissy, no one would have even known an American journalist was in the room, so I wouldn’t say it counts as an acknowledgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom