Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time to move on now concerning the timing of the labour/birth announcement - it's happened, the baby had been born and most people have now had their say on the matter and we wish to avoid going round in circles. Thank you.

Interesting that apparently Meghan gave birth at Portland Hospital, where Fergie's kids were born at, and also where Victoria Beckham gave birth to her first two kids at. :):)

I love the fact that the family are allowing Harry and Meghan to have some family time with the baby and let Meghan rest before they go pouring into Frogmore Cottage for a visit.

Interesting that apparently Meghan gave birth at Portland Hospital, where Fergie's kids were born at, and also where Victoria Beckham gave birth to her first two kids at. :):)
Where did you get that information from?

Where did you get that information from?
It's been all over the news. Yahoo had a story on it. Nothing definite has been confirmed---------notice I said "apparently"---but IF it is true, it is still interesting.

According to the DM, Meghan has insisted on American broadcaster CBS getting in on the action tomorrow when the pics are released

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...a-crews-prepare-royal-newborns-photocall.html
CBS stands to make ratings and a lot of money............

Last edited by a moderator:
The name will be announced with the pictures tomorrow? Or we'll know it at a later date?

We don't know...hopefully tomorrow when they do the photo call.

LaRae

"Some have questioned why, as ambassadors for the Commonwealth, Harry and Meghan appear so preoccupied with US outlets that they have taken this unprecedented step - when the palace press operation is funded by British, not American taxpayers"

Via Telegraph newspaper

Seriously...you don't even know if this is accurate.

LaRae

if they waited, it wasn’t for the US outlet. I checked around 8 and there was nothing. All the morning shows were well under way by that point. But of course, that’s what the British media will choose to assume never mind not knowing what’s actually going on here. By the time they announced the birth on IG, most of the morning shows were wrapping up.

Given the time of the birth that isn't a surprise as the CC is sent to the press the night before.

It may appear as an addendum tomorrow - for the 7th rather than the 6th.

Checked the CC tonight and the birth isn't listed.

This isn’t anything new. NBC got one the prime spots outside of Lindo when George was born as opposed to another British or commonwealth outlet.

Meghan has limited it to the PA and CBS. When George was born there was literally hundreds of media and press outside. I don't see the comparison

Meghan has limited it to the PA and CBS. When George was born there was literally hundreds of media and press outside. I don't see the comparison

The Sussexes are using the Royal rota system that’s in place for various engagements. The British outlets will all share the footage. There isn’t exclusive on it as in they have to buy from PA or CBS.

What happened with George is actually more of a difference as prime spots can get better footage depending on the situation and angle. In this situation, it’s all the same because it’s literally the same footage.

And again with the Meghan makes every decision on her own despite the fact that she has a husband who is an equal partner in their life together.

And btw, I just read the article. The cameraman’s photos will also follow rota and allowed to be used by the pool, not that they have to pay them but not PA. So no, they aren’t going to make bank on it.

Last edited:

Why would Meghan favor CBS over other American networks ?

I don't fully understand how press coverage works so can anyone explain how British or Commonwealth press would lose anything by the addition of CBS at the photocall tomorrow?

I don't fully understand how press coverage works so can anyone explain how British or Commonwealth press would lose anything by the addition of CBS at the photocall tomorrow?

They won’t. It’s just a need to have a outrage that it’s not them personally. They made clear that it’ll be shared with the pool, but that only made the last paragraph after all of their own feelings.

Looneytick described a few pages back on various media’s attitude. It’s not about having everything, it’s about I need to have it before you or I’m going to throw a tantrum.

Last edited:
They won’t. It’s just a need to have a outrage that it’s not them personally. They made clear that it’ll be shared with the pool, but that only made the last paragraph after all of their own feelings.

Looneytick described a few pages back on various media’s attitude. It’s not about having everything, it’s about I need to have it before you or I’m going to throw a tantrum.

Thank you Jacqui - if our press isn't losing anything, they've nothing to complain about (won't stop some of course).

No, they won’t. It’s stated at the very end that photos from CBS will also be shared with the pool.

So what is the issue exactly if they are using the pool pictures? Is it because they will also have a camera in the room? I am failing to understand the faux outrage.

Bingo. Gayle King was at her baby shower.

Unless Gayle King is there doing an interview herself. I fail to see how this matters. Would it be because of Jessica Mulroney had it been ABC? And well, don’t get me started on who it could be at NBC because she worked for them for 7 years. And actually have friends at the executive level. CBS is actually the one with least ties of the networks.

Of course it’s Meghan choosing who will be the press for the photo call. Not Harry and Meghan because if someone doesn’t like something its definitely something she has chosen. People really have shown their true personality with this birth. Royal followers and media alike.

I just love how its Meghan 'forcing them to include an American press' and how its 'Meghan's choice' which media is used.

She really has the entire firm whipped, all following her demands at beck and call. Must have threatened to run off with the baby or something :whistling:

I just love how its Meghan 'forcing them to include an American press' and how its 'Meghan's choice' which media is used.

She really has the entire firm whipped, all following her demands at beck and call. Must have threatened to run off with the baby or something :whistling:

Well the British press is reporting Meghan's new press representative texted American media outlets about the birth and it was done without BP's knowledge.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Well the British press is reporting Meghan's new press representative texted American media outlets about the birth and it was done without BP's knowledge.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Harry and Meghan’s. Also, of course the British Press is reporting that. It’s their MO.

I’ve deleted a number of comments. This is a forum, so there are bound to be loads of opinions you don’t agree with. Please stop sniping and attacking each other just because you disagree, or don’t share the same opinion. Not only is it against forum rules, but it’s unfair to members who are actually trying to have a civil discussion.

Also, let’s not turn this into another circular discussion about how the media treats Meghan. This is not the thread for that. Any further off-topic post will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom