Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the baby was born at the Portland - definitely safer than a home birth for a 1st baby. Keeping medics names private is also sensible, given the media scrutiny they'd be under. Any female doctor involved could expect to find her personal life raked over & a photo of herself drunk wearing just her knickers splashed all over the Mail or Sun.

Given that the Mail has revealed the Portland info before BP or Harry, if it's true I can fully appreciate Harry's desire to keep some things private until he decides to share them. There's obviously at least one mole at BP or the Portland feeding the Mail (could be anyone from an eavesdropper to an official).

The annoyance of some RRs at BP's email cock-up is understandable, given they've been on stand-by for weeks. Someone needs to deal with that IT issue as comms is so crucial, especially for formal announcements & press releases.

@Daenys - I agree they print a load of rubbish & invent loads of stuff. Sometimes they're right though & the Portland story sounds plausible. If it's not, they'll just backtrack & blame someone else!

ETA They're already backtracking on saying it's definitely the Portland. They're sticking with "a London hospital" but now it's "most likely The Portland".

Somebody previously suggested that the UK wasn't very interested in the birth of Baby Sussex. I disagreed then & here's a look at today's front pages:

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody previously suggested that the UK wasn't very interested in the birth of Baby Sussex. I disagreed then & here's a look at today's front pages:

Whilst I also disagree that the UK wasn't interested, the papers don't prove that point. It's a story that papers will print, physical newspaper sales have been on the decline for years, a true reflection would be internet articles read/searched.

All I'll say is that if my hubby who isn't one bit interested in anything royal or even anything British picks up on this birth, there's definitely interest abounding around the world. To prove a point, hubby likes to watch Hallmark movies and if Meghan was in the starring role, he'd never piece it together that the Meghan starring in the movie is the same Meghan that just gave birth unless I told him. :D

I don't see any real purpose of announcing where the birth took place or the medical team assisting at the birth. The public just doesn't need to know that information as it is totally irrelevant. What matters is that this little sweetheart of a boy has arrived safely and soundly and finally his parents can actually get some rest without thinking something will happen when they're sound asleep.

I think, though, that its going to be a very long time before Harry comes down from his own personal baby blue Cloud 9. I definitely can picture Harry wandering into the nursery and just sitting there watching his son sleep. I hope he realizes during those moments that babies are our Creator's message that He wants this world to continue and fuels Harry's resolve to do what he can to ensure that for his family.

All I'll say is that if my hubby who isn't one bit interested in anything royal or even anything British picks up on this birth, there's definitely interest abounding around the world. To prove a point, hubby likes to watch Hallmark movies and if Meghan was in the starring role, he'd never piece it together that the Meghan starring in the movie is the same Meghan that just gave birth unless I told him. :D

I don't see any real purpose of announcing where the birth took place or the medical team assisting at the birth. The public just doesn't need to know that information as it is totally irrelevant. What matters is that this little sweetheart of a boy has arrived safely and soundly and finally his parents can actually get some rest without thinking something will happen when they're sound asleep.

I think, though, that its going to be a very long time before Harry comes down from his own personal baby blue Cloud 9. I definitely can picture Harry wandering into the nursery and just sitting there watching his son sleep. I hope he realizes during those moments that babies are our Creator's message that He wants this world to continue and fuels Harry's resolve to do what he can to ensure that for his family.

Oh, I disagree! It's why I just popped in here to see, as I haven't heard much about that on the TV news. Hubby mentioned that Meghan did go to hospital, so I thought I'd check it out here. Many of us are very interested in all the details. As a mum of two, I'd love to know that side of it.

I don't see any real purpose of announcing where the birth took place or the medical team assisting at the birth.

It is a legal requirement to state, on the birth certificate, the 'place of birth' which will mean they can't keep that a secret. They will have to announce where the baby was born as birth certificates are a matter of public record.

The birth will have to be registered in the next six weeks and then that information will have to be made public ... even if they don't do so someone in the press or simply the public will find out and will make it public.

The place of birth is one of the required fields on a register of births in the UK.

Quite true that the place of birth will be a matter of public record once the birth is registered. I just didn't see the point in making it public knowledge at the time of the birth announcement. Details surrounding the labor and the delivery, even by the medical team will remain private.

I don't think I'd want the details of my labors and deliveries ever put out in the public domain. Heck, I don't think I'd even want extended members of the family keyed in on those details. They weren't my finest hours. :D

I have to agree with Osipi 100%...for what reason and why does the public need to be informed about the names of the DoS's medical team and where the birth took place?

Even if this information is eventually made public, what purpose does it serve to release this information?

Do we also have a "right" to know what if any drugs she was given during her labour?:sad:

I have to agree with Osipi 100%...for what reason and why does the public need to be informed about the names of the DoS's medical team and where the birth took place?

Even if this information is eventually made public, what purpose does it serve to release this information?

Do we also have a "right" to know what if any drugs she was given during her labour?:sad:

I’m sorry, but there is a huge difference between knowing place of birth-a matter of public record- and personal medical details that are private. :ermm:

Reactions: hel

The place of birth is a matter of public record and has been disclosed in all royal births , not only in the UK but also in other European countries that are monarchies.

Quite frankly, I think it is silly to keep it secret, especially after the fact when privacy concerns no longer apply.

The place of birth is a matter of public record and has been disclosed in all royal births , not only in the UK but also in other European countries that are monarchies.

Quite frankly, I think it is silly to keep it secret, especially after the fact when privacy concerns no longer apply.

Fact of matter is that it really doesn’t matter as part of the celebration, but it does create a bit of a problem for the hospital at the height of the attention. Just because they are no longer there doesn’t stop the press from camping out and report from there as backdrop even if they have the Long Walk. By the time the birth certificate is released, the international press would’ve gone home and the domestic press would’ve moved on to something else.

Some argue it’s useful for historical record. Well, then we don’t need that information immediately, do we? :lol:

Congratulations to the parents
I saw video of Prince Harry talking about the birth of his son and it was cute very cute he looks so happy proud and thrilled like little kid..so nice, i wishe them the best with their baby.
We have had these lovely father statements by European crown princes, I recall Sweden, Denmark and Netherlands
One of the nicest, most joyful baby announcement by a royal Dad in the UK.

I am still curious as to whether they had their home birth. It's a more gentle event for all concerned if things go as they should. However, the percentage of so-called geriatric pregnancies has also changed the birthing ideals with their higher percentage of necessary medical i tervention has also
changed things.

Congratulations to Harry and Meghan on the birth of their new baby son!

It was a lovely surprise to see Harry and more than just the announcement of the birth.
For all the wailing, insults and general gnashing of teeth, I think the RR's got way more bang for their buck than ever before.

I have no issue with them wanting to keep the location private. We know the press and I have a feeling quite a few of them would have went right to the hospital to use it as a backdrop. A few of the correspondents have said it appears to be a mutual agreement of privacy between the Sussexes and the medical team. We have to respect that. The info will come out eventually. It is just being delayed.

More baby news... The Queen was congratulated on her new family addition. Cute clip as she points out this is Great GrandChild number 8.

William and Kate also commented on their engagement this afternoon.

Talking about #BabySussex Prince William has said he is “absolutely thrilled” and welcomes his brother “to the sleep deprivation society”. He and Kate are yet to meet baby but say they “look forward to it”

Last edited:
That's the former Prime Minister of Canada Jean Chretien chatting with the Queen

Catherine and William have not yet seen the new baby either.

Prince William said of #BabySussex: "Obviously thrilled, absolutely thrilled, and looking forward to seeing them in the next few days when things have quietened down. I'm very pleased and glad to welcome my own brother into the sleep deprivation society that is parenting."

Last edited:
More baby news... The Queen was congratulated on her new family addition. Cute clip as she points out this is Great GrandChild number 8.

That's just lovely. No matter what their role is, grandparents and great-grandparents are just adorable when talking about new babies in the family.

"you beat me by one" :lol:

Johnny Goldsmith

Verified account

@MirrorJohnny
Follow Follow @MirrorJohnny
More
A gift for #babysussex

Prince Charles receives a teddy bear from German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier on the first day of his four day visit to the country

Many congratulations to the couple and their families on the safe arrival of the baby.

Not quite sure why they disingenuously instructed BP to put out an announcement that the Duchess was in labour, many hours after the birth. It was factually incorrect at the point of the announcement.

Not quite sure why they disingenuously instructed BP to put out an announcement that the Duchess was in labour, many hours after the birth. It was factually incorrect at the point of the announcement.

They said she went into labor in the early hours of the morning and Harry was by her side. How is that factually incorrect? And they did tell them an announcement should be expected soon. That gave some of them that were in London time to get to Windsor if they wanted.

Last edited:
They said she went into labor in the early hours of the morning and Harry was by her side. How is that factually incorrect? And they did tell them an announcement should be expected soon. That gave some of them that were in London time to get to Windsor if they wanted.

Highly misleading, IMO. Perhaps they could just have waited a little longer and put out the birth announcement.

I am not sure what the announcement of the Duchess being in labour achieved at that stage.

Richard Palmer complained on his Twitter that the BP email situation was chaotic, that it crashed for some time and therefore some RRs didn't get their early warning to get to Windsor. This was discussed upthread I believe.

Highly misleading, IMO. Perhaps they could just have waited a little longer and put out the birth announcement.

I am not sure what the announcement of the Duchess being in labour achieved at that stage.

Like I said, it allowed some of the RRs to get to Windsor as it was a bank holiday. Some of them remained in Windsor despite the bank holiday, but not everyone. Despite what some might think, the Sussexes do actually understand people have a job to do. They will give some, but there are some aspect they will keep private if it add little value while causing a lot more chaos.

Richard Palmer complained on his Twitter that the BP email situation was chaotic, that it crashed for some time and therefore some RRs didn't get their early warning to get to Windsor. This was discussed upthread today I believe.

The announcement would've been made after she has given birth anyways. I doubt anything would've been announced overnight regardless (some RRs even said this previously). And this baby was born by sunrise.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess on the birth of their son! The transition into parenthood is a wonderful, terrifying, exhausting, and magical time period, and I wish them and their baby much joy!

That said, it doesn't sound as though the information that Meghan had gone into labour, when at that point she had, in fact, already had the baby, was well done, whoever's fault that was. At that point, just announce that the Duchess was safely delivered of a son at 5:26, and move on. Making it sound as though she was still in labour was unnecessarily misleading. Glitches in information systems happen, but I can see why some members of the press were less than impressed if this is part of a longer pattern of ineptness on the royal side.

Like I said, it allowed some of the RRs to get to Windsor as it was a bank holiday. Some of them remained in Windsor despite the bank holiday, but not everyone. Despite what some might think, the Sussexes do actually understand people have a job to do. They will give some, but there are some aspect they will keep private if it add little value while causing a lot more chaos.

The announcement would've been made after she has given birth anyways. I doubt anything would've been announced overnight regardless (some RRs even said this previously). And this baby was born by sunrise.

Perhaps it was because of the email system crashing and not being able to alert the media that Harry decided to come out and physically announce the birth of his son. That short interview wasn't ever really on the agenda for the birth of this child. It definitely was an unexpected bonus and gave the media (through SkyNews) something to gush over, report on and actually be a bit more involved in their stories.

Perhaps it was because of the email system crashing and not being able to alert the media that Harry decided to come out and physically announce the birth of his son. That short interview wasn't ever really on the agenda for the birth of this child. It definitely was an unexpected bonus and gave the media (through SkyNews) something to gush over, report on and actually be a bit more involved in their stories.

The set up in that was interesting. The camera was SkyNews, but reporter was PA. :lol:

We don't know if that was always penciled depending on the situation in or decided after the email situation. But either way, I think they made it back in spades no? Earlier email or Harry in all of his giddiness? :lol: I think the latter was certainly more.

Seriously, who cares if they didn’t get the info that she was in labor before getting the announcement she had had the baby. I mean they have 3 days of camping out at Windsor to do their stories on the birth. Just grousing to grouse. With social media, they are quickly becoming obsolete.

I loved Harry's video. He was just humming with excitement and wonder. It was a lovely thing to see. He and Meghan are going to be floating on Wednesday.

Throughout the entire pregnancy, my first and sole wish to happen at the time of the birth was to be able to see Harry's face after his child was born so I was really over the moon watching that short interview. To me, it surpassed the media getting the information that Meghan was in labor or just a general announcement on Instagram or the easel at BP.

Yeps... that interview was golden. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom