Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since she went into labor during the night and had the baby at 5:26am, I’d bet heavily on natural.

You could be right but not always the case. I had the pessary for induction inserted at 10am and was sent home for 24 hours to see if it would work. Labour began at 7pm that evening and our daughter was born at 11pm. A baby could easily be born after induction in the middle of the night depending on how long the induction took to take effect.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!!

Congratulations to the new Earl of Dumbarton!

I personally think that the child should be a Prince. He is the grandson of the future King, the son of the future Duke of York.
I’m betting the future Duke of York will be George’s second child - if a boy, unless, of course, Andrew has a son in the future:ROFLMAO:

I saw that Andrew posted a Congratulations on his Instagram account. Have any of the other senior royals posted?
I believe Andrew is one of Harry’s godfathers, so it makes sense that he’d post. In fact, since he too is based in Windsor, I expect he’ll be an early visitor to Frogmore Cottage.

Oh my stars! I've been on cloud 9 all day! What an absolutely lovely day it has been for all of us who have followed Harry for soo many years. A lil boy!

I am SOO happy Meghan was able to have the birth she wanted (from all accounts) with the people most special to her near! So happy for a healthy mama and baby.

Harry's joy? Just amazing. I am seeing people who I never see comment on royal news or births really complimenting Harry for his awe and love for his wife. Just a truly special moment to share with us!

This whole thing was PERFECT. Having Harry come out to announce the birth and gender felt personal, but also gave us that royal moment. Meghan can now rest and we get close, intimate and clear shots of the whole family when she is a little more up on her feet.

I was a big fan of the Lindo Wing set up and not happy when we learned we wouldnt get it. But this approach is IMO perfect. Still momentous and royal, but also personal. Hopefully this sets a precedent for future births---no matter the position in the line of succession.

According to Telegrath the delivery team sort privacy as well. I can't say I blame them for not wanting their names out there. We saw what happened with the woman they claimed was her doula and was not. Her entire life was searched through. How unfortunate.

Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on the birth of their newborn son.

Wonderful news! The future duke of Sussex was born today :)

I prefer the set up of the father sharing the news with the world over asking the mom the face the press within hours of giving birth. And we still have the announcement of the name and first pictures to look forward too.

I would expect Harry and Meghan to announce the names on Wednesday - as my guess is that they'd like to share that news personally as well.

Last edited:
TBH I am quite glad they didn't announce she was in labour as it would only have meant hours filled with speculation from so called "experts". Much better to only have a few short hours to fill.

All this fuss about where the baby was born seems odd to me as it has to go on the birth certificate which are public records so at most they are buying time. The only reason not to say where the birth was is to allow privacy, which is of course fine but it will have to come out eventually.

Harry is still doing his engagement on Thursday, so it seems likely that their media call is on Wednesday or Friday. I would also guess they reveal the name then. Makes sense.

Exciting news to get on my lunch break. I thought girl so no shock boy:lol:

Happy Meghan had a seemingly quick delivery and her and the baby are well.

Love the proud daddy making a statement. His joy can hold me for a few days.

Nice to see the Spencer’s included and not just Windsor’s and Doria. I like how Harry made sure to introduce Meghan to them early too.

Was hoping Charlotte would get a cousin to play with but I guess Louis has two cousins close in age to play with.

I wonder if they will just announce the name when they present the baby

In the video today Harry said two days ...so I'm guessing Wed we will get the rest of the info (name) and pics!

LaRae

I really liked the brief press call with just Harry, so I could focus on him and his joy, whereas if it had been all three my focus would have been darting from one to the other.
I suspect a lot of us have a soft spot for Harry, I know I do, ever since I saw that forlorn little boy when his mom died, so to me it’s very special that he shared his joy over the birth of his first child.
About the horses in the background, in the video which showed Harry walking up he first stopped at a spot w/ a rather drab background and the press asked him to move which he did.

In the video today Harry said two days ...so I'm guessing Wed we will get the rest of the info (name) and pics!

LaRae
I'm a little delirious at this point, and read that as two boys. I was like WHAT?!?!?!:lol:

I’m betting the future Duke of York will be George’s second child - if a boy, unless, of course, Andrew has a son in the future:ROFLMAO:

I believe Andrew is one of Harry’s godfathers, so it makes sense that he’d post. In fact, since he too is based in Windsor, I expect he’ll be an early visitor to Frogmore Cottage.

Louis might be a future DOY depending on where everyone is in status when Andrew dies.

I think another reason for Andrew to post is that he's one of his generation to have a personal account.

Charlotte can still play with her cousins even if they are boys. :lol:

Exactly. And while the boys are overrepresented among Charles' grandchildren, Anne only has granddaughters and both younger generations seem quite close.

Louis might be a future DOY depending on where everyone is in status when Andrew dies.

I think another reason for Andrew to post is that he's one of his generation to have a personal account.

Yes, and probably depending on whether Louis (and William) developed an attachment to Cambridge and would like to see that dukedom passed on (indirectly).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, at last! Congratulations to the Sussexes. I can't wait to see the photos and hear his name.

They may have waited to coincide with the American breakfast shows. Gayle King arrived in Britain today.

I doubt that. I think there were lots of phone calls to make and a bit of family time before the public announcement.

Isn't he just Earl of Dumbarton rather than the Earl of Dumbarton? That's still Harry right?

Harry is Prince Henry, The Duke of Sussex and The Earl of Dumbarton (in his own right) while his son is the Earl of Dumbarton (or xxx Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Dumbarton, as a courtesy title.) Harry has no surname, because he is a Royal Highness and a Royal Duke, so he doesn't need one (other than the "normal dukes") but his son needs a surname, as he is not a Royal Highness.

Lucky for you! I had a very fast delivery of my son and it did damage that still gives me trouble, 17 years later. My doctor has said several times that most women's bodies are made to take a little time with the process, so a rush of a delivery is often...brutal.

Hopefully Meghan's wasn't the brutal kind of fast and she's recovering nicely. If nothing else she surely needs some sleep after laboring in the dark hours!

Ugh, that sounds horrid. I had back labor for several days with things progressing a lot before contractions began. Then things went fast.

Yes, hopefully labor and delivery were uneventful and fairly easy. At least the baby wasn’t too big-that makes things easier too

I think Earl of Dumbarton is an unfortunate title because he may be called Dummy at school although I don't think that the British have dummy as a derogatory word as in North America.

:lol: Or better yet Barty or Dumbo. Should he be called Dumbo, his parents or his granny Doria can read to the young Earl the story of Dumbo, eh. And the young Sussex Earl can hold his head high with pride in sharing this moniker with such a great character!

https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/dumbo-the-flying-elephant-story
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.rf_nZkLa3mT7bk2eQ8wwyQHaLH&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.QDJDJpEt8KK7xCHZkeWh5gHaGs&pid=Api&P=0&w=195&h=178

In any case, we still do not know for sure what titles, if any will be bestowed upon their newborn. It's always a possibility (as usual) that Meghan and Harry could surprise us with their choices. ?

According to Richard Palmer

"No signatures of medical staff because the couple don’t want the public to know who attended at the birth"

Most likely to preserve the privacy and anonymity of these medical professionals. That's seemingly a good idea, and perhaps appreciated by the doctors. Surely M&H expect and are equally assured of the same discretion from the doctors. ;)

:lol: Or better yet Barty or Dumbo. Should he be called Dumbo, his parents or his granny Doria can read to the young Earl the story of Dumbo, eh. And the young Sussex Earl can hold his head high with pride in sharing this moniker with such a great character!

https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/dumbo-the-flying-elephant-story
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.rf_nZkLa3mT7bk2eQ8wwyQHaLH&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.QDJDJpEt8KK7xCHZkeWh5gHaGs&pid=Api&P=0&w=195&h=178

In any case, we still do not know for sure what titles, if any will be bestowed upon their newborn. It's always a possibility (as usual) that Meghan and Harry could surprise us with their choices. ?

It's not up to Harry and Meghan to decide on titles. They are not the found of honours. The young baby currently goes by Harry's subsidiary title as Harry's eldest son and formally is Lord X Mountbatten-Windsor.

I doubt that. I think there were lots of phone calls to make and a bit of family time before the public announcement.

Right, they needed bonding time with their new baby, as well as the opportunity to telephone their nearest and dearest so those closest to them would hear the news from their lips first, prior to a public announcement.

Reports on the BBC suggest that M&H were not keeping palace officials informed up to the minute either. Apparently, the Sussexes desire to have their own measure of control over how the official announcement was made.

The labor announcement was around 2pm, over eight hours after the baby's birth. And then details came out about another hour later, and shortly after that, Prince Harry came out onto the grounds of Windsor near horse stalls, to declare their happiness. He seemed so thrilled, smiling and rubbing his hands together in sheer delight. It's lovely to see Harry so happy (after all the sadness he's experienced). It was sweet of him to thank everyone who has sent them well wishes and support. Harry even thanked the horses! I wish the Sussexes, granny Doria, and their inner circle great joy during this special time.

Last edited:

Most likely to preserve the privacy and anonymity of these medical professionals. That's seemingly a good idea, and perhaps appreciated by the doctors. Surely M&H expect and are equally assured of the same discretion from the doctors. ;)

It's not up to Harry and Meghan to decide on titles. They are not the found of honours. The young baby currently goes by Harry's subsidiary title as Harry's eldest son and formally is Lord X Mountbatten-Windsor.

Actually no, the baby is Earl of Dumbarton, not Lord x Mountbatten- Windsor. That would be a second son. Yes, Harry and Meghan will choose his given names but not his title.

Medical professionals are obligated to protect their patients’ privacy, Royal or not.

Daily mail is now reporting the baby was born at Portland hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom